Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITV 12:51 - May 31 with 1847 viewspaulhoop2

Agreement reached that games to be shown on itv too !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

ITV on 12:57 - May 31 with 1798 viewsJuzzie

Mansfield v Carlisle….. yay.
ITV on 18:08 - May 31 with 1458 viewspaulhoop2

lol from what I have read the deal will be for carabao and champ games

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

ITV on 20:09 - May 31 with 1288 viewsdaveB

10 league games and the league cup semi final by the sound of it
ITV on 20:58 - May 31 with 1206 viewsLanhoop

Sensible move from Sky. Recover some of the costs and create an advert on free tv for the product. If ITV get some decent games it could work well for them both.
ITV on 21:09 - May 31 with 1173 viewstonyQPR

ITV Leeds then 😫 can’t wait ffs🤦🏼‍♂️
ITV on 07:02 - Jun 1 with 992 viewssaxbend

ITV on 21:09 - May 31 by tonyQPR

ITV Leeds then 😫 can’t wait ffs🤦🏼‍♂️

I can't imagine Sky letting ITV have any of their precious Leeds games.
ITV on 09:10 - Jun 1 with 801 viewsnix

It probably won't be worth getting a great team of pundits/presenters together for ten matches so it really will be bargain basement time. Even on Sky the pundits are a step down for the Champioship.
ITV on 09:15 - Jun 1 with 789 viewsQPR_Jim

ITV on 09:10 - Jun 1 by nix

It probably won't be worth getting a great team of pundits/presenters together for ten matches so it really will be bargain basement time. Even on Sky the pundits are a step down for the Champioship.

The press release said it will be a "simulcast" so not sure if it will be a direct sky show on ITV or whether ITV will be picking up a red button game and adding pundits. Be interesting to find out but I can't imagine ITV finding any worse than their usual.
Login to get fewer ads

ITV on 09:44 - Jun 1 with 751 viewsfrancisbowles

ITV on 09:10 - Jun 1 by nix

Nix, I noticed after a few weeks of the season just finished, that the pundits completely disappeared from the highlights show.

ITV also squeezed the previously 2 hour show into 90 minutes and messed about with the time and sometimes only showed them on ITV 4
ITV on 11:06 - Jun 1 with 662 viewsdaveB

ITV on 09:44 - Jun 1 by francisbowles

Nix, I noticed after a few weeks of the season just finished, that the pundits completely disappeared from the highlights show.

ITV also squeezed the previously 2 hour show into 90 minutes and messed about with the time and sometimes only showed them on ITV 4

They were shown on ITV1 every week on Saturday Night around half 11, was usually scheduled to be on after MOTD, was also on late night Mondays and ITV4 on Saturday at 9pm and on Sunday morning

You could also get it anytime on ITVX

I actually preferred the format of just showing the games rather than the studio chat but I know that wasn't universally popular. It's basically a cost thing, the price of hiring a studio, paying pundits etc wasn't feasible anymore

For the Sky games they will be simulcast with the Sky pundits, it's basically the Sky coverage but you can watch it on ITV
ITV on 12:15 - Jun 1 with 583 viewsQPR_Hibs

ITV on 11:06 - Jun 1 by daveB

They were shown on ITV1 every week on Saturday Night around half 11, was usually scheduled to be on after MOTD, was also on late night Mondays and ITV4 on Saturday at 9pm and on Sunday morning

I actually preferred the format of just showing the games rather than the studio chat but I know that wasn't universally popular. It's basically a cost thing, the price of hiring a studio, paying pundits etc wasn't feasible anymore

For the Sky games they will be simulcast with the Sky pundits, it's basically the Sky coverage but you can watch it on ITV

Remember that episode of MOTD when all the pundits and commentators had refused to work in support of the Mighty Lineker? They just showed the highlights without any commentary and there was no analysis. I seem to recall a lot of people saying they should keep it that way.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

ITV on 13:12 - Jun 1 with 499 viewsfrancisbowles

ITV on 11:06 - Jun 1 by daveB

Thanks for the clarification DaveB, but it was the midweek ones they really messed about with. I think they sometimes moved the 9pm slot on ITV 4 on Saturdays too. I seem to remember switching on and finding Wrestling or some such.
I think you need some analysis, just to break it up a bit. I found myself recording it and watching league 1 and 2 on Sunday and Monday. Overall, I think it was much better when Quest had it.
ITV on 19:49 - Jun 1 with 300 viewsdaveB

ITV on 13:12 - Jun 1 by francisbowles

Thanks for the clarification DaveB, but it was the midweek ones they really messed about with. I think they sometimes moved the 9pm slot on ITV 4 on Saturdays too. I seem to remember switching on and finding Wrestling or some such.
I think you need some analysis, just to break it up a bit. I found myself recording it and watching league 1 and 2 on Sunday and Monday. Overall, I think it was much better when Quest had it.

problem was for Quest the viewing figures were tiny so wasn't worth keeping, is same with ITV, viewing figures for with a panel and without is pretty much exactly the same and not very high

Nowadays you can see the goals on twitter or the sky sports app so people don't bother watching the highlight show
ITV on 08:47 - Jun 2 with 92 viewsfrancisbowles

ITV on 19:49 - Jun 1 by daveB

problem was for Quest the viewing figures were tiny so wasn't worth keeping, is same with ITV, viewing figures for with a panel and without is pretty much exactly the same and not very high

Nowadays you can see the goals on twitter or the sky sports app so people don't bother watching the highlight show

Thanks again for explaining. I get it, times have changed.

Perhaps they should move it to Sunday afternoon and call it the Big Match.🤔😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024