Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four Year Plan 00:47 - Nov 25 with 2100 viewsNorthernr

Well, Neil and I attended the screening this evening, and a review will be posted early next week. It's incredibly hard to summarise in one post but the main points we found were...

1 - Its an incredible film for QPR fans, there's talk of a run at the Vue in westfield shortly and I urge you all to go and see it.
2 - At the time of Dowie/Ainsworth/Sousa etc if you thought Briatore was interfering you have no idea. His influence on team selection, substitutions etc is laid bare and is deeply disturbing, even for those who knew it was going on at the time.
3 - Paladini. For the majority of the film comes across as somebody who is constantly pandering to whatever side his buttered on. So one minute he's doing Britatore's dirty work, then he's greasing up to Amit, then back to Briatore again - whoever was in charge. He came across sometimes as the only person on the board who knew anything about football, but then at the same time sacrificing what he thought was right to protect his own position. He clearly didn't like Sousa from minute one and there is a scene of him in the tunnel ordering Sousa to make changes to the team at half time.
4 - Gazza, LFW regular, appears twice.
5a - There are two incredible scenes. One where Bhatia and Saksena are running though the budget and ordering a reduction in the matchday flowers from £700 to £500 a match and the Platinum Club menus from £10.80 a head to £9 whil insisting that no players (£15k a week) are cut from the budget. Thought that said a lot about football in general.
5b - the second incredible scene is the one where Briatore comes across best, during the Faurlin investigation. It goes a little like this.
FB - Why are the FA investigating us?
GP - I don't know, we signed the player, we put the paper work through the FA, they signed it off, I don't know what their problem is.
FB - Why are the FA investigating us?
GP - We told them everything, everything will be ok, they have misunderstood the deal and we are ok.
FB - You keep saying this but if that's the case then why are they investigating us?
GP - Well we did a deal with a minimum risk in the first place to see how the player settled in English football and as it turned out he is very good, and the journalists like him and the fans.
FB - I don't give a sht about that, why are they investigating us?
GP - It is fine, everything is fine.
FB - You always say it is fine but for some reason we're up to our necks in sht.
GP - Silence.

This film confirms what most of you knew rather than reveals anything. A must see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024