Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capello 11:38 - Feb 6 with 890 viewswestolian

This could be a way to get rid without payting him £1m'sss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Capello on 11:40 - Feb 6 with 600 viewsNorthernr

Yeh was thinking the same thing! We're heading for an absolute disaster at the euros anyway so not much to lose.
Capello on 11:42 - Feb 6 with 591 viewsBazWoT

He's going in July anyway so even paying him off now would hardly bankrput the FA!!!!

Get rid!!!

Must be a breach of contract in there somewhere though.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Capello on 11:44 - Feb 6 with 583 viewsJuzzie

Why can't these people stfu? AVB and now Capello are just making themselves look stupid.

Oh, actually, that's not a bad thing!
Capello on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 575 viewsTheBlob

So who do you put in?
'arry's up the steps,everybody else worth his salt is otherwise employed.
Step forward Psycho Pearce.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capello on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 572 viewsNeil_SI

Well, they've blown such a ridiculous amount of money on managers over the years that they may as well just pay him off completely and get it over and done with.

England have got very little value for the best part of a decade or more, and you can't when you're handing out lucrative and lengthy contracts worth £5m-£7m per year for such minuscule progress. It's astonishing really.

Shambles doesn't even come close to describing what's become of the national set-up. It's beyond a joke.
Capello on 11:49 - Feb 6 with 570 viewsN12Hoop

Problem is they can't put Harry in charge until his case is decided and anyway he'll be focussed on Spurs until the end of the season. So who do they appoint in the interim? I suspect they'll do nothing.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Capello on 11:51 - Feb 6 with 561 viewsBazWoT

Capello on 11:48 - Feb 6 by TheBlob

So who do you put in?

Obvious bloke and help get rid of the remains of the golden generation.

At least he knows what all the younger players can do in an England shirt and basically been groomed for it anyway.

Capello on 11:52 - Feb 6 with 558 viewstoboboly

So who do you put in?

I'll do it. Couldn't be any worse than my predecessors, I can speak English, I don't pick racists and i'm significantly cheaper.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Capello on 11:53 - Feb 6 with 556 viewsN12Hoop

So who do you put in?

Neil Warnock's available.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Capello on 11:54 - Feb 6 with 554 viewsthame_hoops

Capello on 11:51 - Feb 6 by BazWoT

At least he knows what all the younger players can do in an England shirt and basically been groomed for it anyway.

Pearce would not be the answer, even short term. im stuggling to think of anyone else but definitely not pearce.
Capello on 11:54 - Feb 6 with 551 viewsNeil_SI

They've done generations and generations of almost irreparable damage, and it's' been some years since I was bothered what they do, so I couldn't care less. It's been a clueless, hopeless and comical show for just too long now.

I sound like I've got out the wrong side of the bed this morning!
Capello on 12:00 - Feb 6 with 539 viewsTheBlob

Well maybe kick bollock and bite is what we need with the "talent" currently available.Yeah,why not Psycho?Served up some pretty basic physical performances for the Unders.As many have said on here,what's to lose?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Capello on 12:01 - Feb 6 with 536 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

It depends what suits both parties. Capello will have calculated what effect his comments would have. He will have pitched them exactly as he wanted. His interest is doing the job in the way he wants to do it, with his reputation in mind. He doesn't want the FA Chairman picking the squad, on the grounds of racist abuse or anything else. Maybe in not consulting Capello, knowing what he would say, the FA could themselves have invited a claim of constructive dismissal? So the contract thing is double-edged.

I don't see it as in Bernstein's or anyone in the England camp's interests to lose the manager in the run up to the Euros. He may be unpopular but the consequences of him going will be bad for the FA and the poor bastard left holding the poisoned chalice.
Capello on 12:06 - Feb 6 with 523 viewsLlanranger

Capello on 11:40 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Yeh was thinking the same thing! We're heading for an absolute disaster at the euros anyway so not much to lose.

Absolutely. We are looking like being to the Euros what France were to the last world cup.

I'm not sure what Palios is on about. According to the papers over the weekend there is already disunity in the England Camp with half the team not speaking to Terry. Getting rid is the best thing the FA could do at this stage.
Capello on 12:16 - Feb 6 with 509 viewsPhildo

You would have to wonder if Capello does not fancy another tournament failure on his cv and is trying to get himself sacked out of it. How does the phone call to the new captain go now?
Capello on 12:28 - Feb 6 with 478 viewspomanjou

Capello on 12:01 - Feb 6 by Spaghetti_Hoops

It depends what suits both parties. Capello will have calculated what effect his comments would have. He will have pitched them exactly as he wanted. His interest is doing the job in the way he wants to do it, with his reputation in mind. He doesn't want the FA Chairman picking the squad, on the grounds of racist abuse or anything else. Maybe in not consulting Capello, knowing what he would say, the FA could themselves have invited a claim of constructive dismissal? So the contract thing is double-edged.

I don't see it as in Bernstein's or anyone in the England camp's interests to lose the manager in the run up to the Euros. He may be unpopular but the consequences of him going will be bad for the FA and the poor bastard left holding the poisoned chalice.

You are right Spag. I like the idea of saving a few quid and sacking Itie who should never have been appointed to an English post. Terry is not a good example to kids etc and he wouldnt be my choice as captain. On the other hand, what Capello said and Chelsea hating aside, he's right.

What he said:- ""I thought it was right that Terry should keep the captain's armband," said the 65-year-old Italian. "I have spoken to the [FA] chairman and I have said that in my opinion one cannot be punished until it is official and the court - a non-sport court, a civil court - had made a decision to decide if John Terry has done what he is accused of.""

After all, Anton didnt hear it.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Capello on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 452 viewsBazWoT

Capello on 11:54 - Feb 6 by thame_hoops

Pearce would not be the answer, even short term. im stuggling to think of anyone else but definitely not pearce.

Why is he not the answer, even short term?

At least I gave some reasons for giving it to him.

Capello on 13:14 - Feb 6 with 433 viewsthame_hoops

Capello on 13:05 - Feb 6 by BazWoT

Why is he not the answer, even short term?

At least I gave some reasons for giving it to him.

sorry mate, i dont see what he could offer after watching the u21's in their recent tournament. add to that his record at man city. He does talk a great game and has a no nonsense style but cant seem to execute his plans on the pitch. form what i have seen.
Capello on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 417 viewstoboboly

Capello on 12:28 - Feb 6 by pomanjou

You are right Spag. I like the idea of saving a few quid and sacking Itie who should never have been appointed to an English post. Terry is not a good example to kids etc and he wouldnt be my choice as captain. On the other hand, what Capello said and Chelsea hating aside, he's right.

What he said:- ""I thought it was right that Terry should keep the captain's armband," said the 65-year-old Italian. "I have spoken to the [FA] chairman and I have said that in my opinion one cannot be punished until it is official and the court - a non-sport court, a civil court - had made a decision to decide if John Terry has done what he is accused of.""

After all, Anton didnt hear it.

Ferdinand was dropped after missing a drugs test (no innocent until guilty there), Bowyer and Woodgate dropped whilst waiting for their trial over assault (no innocent v guilty thing here either).

He should be completely dropped on form anyway but if allegations are made regarding a player then they should be dropped until proceedings have been completed. The only reason they are taking so long is because Terry delayed the trial, possibly hoping he would get one last tournament in.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Capello on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 417 viewswestolian

Capello on 11:51 - Feb 6 by BazWoT

Baz, I agree 100%

The Euros should be used to blood the youngsters for the World Cup

What a better man than Pearce who has been with the 17's, 19's and 21's for a few years !!

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Capello on 13:22 - Feb 6 with 412 viewsBazWoT

Capello on 13:14 - Feb 6 by thame_hoops

sorry mate, i dont see what he could offer after watching the u21's in their recent tournament. add to that his record at man city. He does talk a great game and has a no nonsense style but cant seem to execute his plans on the pitch. form what i have seen.

He's come through the age groups and we've done pretty well in tournaments under him. Problems have arisen when managers have refused to release players for tournaments or qualifiers. They cannt do that for full internationals.

I'm no great lover of him but the options are so poor I just think it's worht keeping the costs down and a bloke who's been involved to continue his natural progression.

He won't carry a brolly either, before you mention him!

Capello on 14:39 - Feb 6 with 366 viewspomanjou

Capello on 13:21 - Feb 6 by toboboly

Ferdinand was dropped after missing a drugs test (no innocent until guilty there), Bowyer and Woodgate dropped whilst waiting for their trial over assault (no innocent v guilty thing here either).

He should be completely dropped on form anyway but if allegations are made regarding a player then they should be dropped until proceedings have been completed. The only reason they are taking so long is because Terry delayed the trial, possibly hoping he would get one last tournament in.

I take yr point and understand the precedent. Doesnt make it right. Its long standing over centuries that you are innocent until proven guilty in this country and that something I agree with. So until you are convicted you are innocent.

Whether or not his form justifies his dropping is irrelevant.

This all came about because some twerp in the crowd reported what he thought he saw/heard.

The whole thing is pathetic waste of time and money.

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Capello on 15:23 - Feb 6 with 348 viewsW7Ranger

Capello on 14:39 - Feb 6 by pomanjou

I take yr point and understand the precedent. Doesnt make it right. Its long standing over centuries that you are innocent until proven guilty in this country and that something I agree with. So until you are convicted you are innocent.

Whether or not his form justifies his dropping is irrelevant.

This all came about because some twerp in the crowd reported what he thought he saw/heard.

The whole thing is pathetic waste of time and money.

wooooooaaaaaaah there Pom. He's not been stripped of his Captaincy because the FA are judging him to be guilty, if they did they'ed ban him ffs!!

But having this "allegation" hanging over the head of the Captain will be nothing but a "distraction" during the build up to the tournament as well as during the tournament itself. Not to mention the potential divisions in the squad when you are playing under a Captain who is waiting to go to Court over an alleged racist comment!!

How can you possibly have that???? The FA have acted in the best interests of the team/squad by removing the "focus" from JT.

I'm amazed by Capello's comments that he believes that the FA have "pre-judged" JT by taking the Captaincy off him! Absolutely not the case. If the FA had pre-judged the case then he would have been banned from playing for England aswell/by now.

I agree it would be wrong to have banned him completely from the England set up. But taking the captaincy from him I believe is the right decision by the FA.
Capello on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 309 viewspomanjou

Capello on 15:23 - Feb 6 by W7Ranger

wooooooaaaaaaah there Pom. He's not been stripped of his Captaincy because the FA are judging him to be guilty, if they did they'ed ban him ffs!!

But having this "allegation" hanging over the head of the Captain will be nothing but a "distraction" during the build up to the tournament as well as during the tournament itself. Not to mention the potential divisions in the squad when you are playing under a Captain who is waiting to go to Court over an alleged racist comment!!

How can you possibly have that???? The FA have acted in the best interests of the team/squad by removing the "focus" from JT.

I'm amazed by Capello's comments that he believes that the FA have "pre-judged" JT by taking the Captaincy off him! Absolutely not the case. If the FA had pre-judged the case then he would have been banned from playing for England aswell/by now.

I agree it would be wrong to have banned him completely from the England set up. But taking the captaincy from him I believe is the right decision by the FA.

I guess you have pre judged also as you have already decided he will be convicted and banned from playing for England in due course. Following on from that view and given that the FA have undermined the manager they daftly appointed, why not ban him altogether? Allegations and distractions are not the reason, its Trial by Twitter and Verbal and Written Murder by Media which will make a distraction whatever happens. You really think that taking away the captaincy is going to stop a daily diet of bollox? No way.

We'll have to disagree!

Capello on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 303 viewsW7Ranger

Capello on 18:02 - Feb 6 by pomanjou

I guess you have pre judged also as you have already decided he will be convicted and banned from playing for England in due course. Following on from that view and given that the FA have undermined the manager they daftly appointed, why not ban him altogether? Allegations and distractions are not the reason, its Trial by Twitter and Verbal and Written Murder by Media which will make a distraction whatever happens. You really think that taking away the captaincy is going to stop a daily diet of bollox? No way.

We'll have to disagree!

"I guess you have pre judged also as you have already decided he will be convicted and banned from playing for England in due course."

Where the f*ck have I said that??????

Think about it Pom, how the hell can you go into a Major Tournament with a court case hanging over the Team Captain???? You can't in my opinion. But to drop him from the Squad altogher would be absolutely be wrong. Unless of course it was having a negative effect on his performances (or there is an obvious divide within the squad because of the whole situation) then I guess it would make sense for Capello to drop him.

Take the captaincy away? Yes.
Drop him from the squad? No.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024