Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does it start to look a bit like this time last season? 11:05 - Aug 22 with 231 viewsSomersetHoops

When we appear to be panic buying players to deal with deficiencies in the team.
The only difference is that this time there is no excuse for it.

I relied on the highlights of our pre-season games as there was no west country tour this year, but it was clear from those that we had problems once we met the reasonable opponents in the last two games before the season started. You have to wonder how hard they worked at training to deal with the obvious blunders made and how closely they analysed what went wrong with the goals scored against us, because we have started the season worse than we finished last year.

Its been clear we have needed solid defenders and I'm not sure why we are rushing around at the last few days of the transfer window to try to get them. By now we should be settled with what we've got and substitute very hard work on the training pitch for just paying out loads more money for players who may not fit into the team. I would make the exception from that of needing another quality reliable keeper to make Green aware if he continues at his blunder rate through pre-season and into Saturday's game he won't play. Although after the number of pre-season errors that should have been clear before now.

I begin to wonder if when we are desperate for results in the last few games we will be again relying on the likes of Shaun Derry and Clint Hill rather than the obscenely paid replacements.

Who's Next?

Does it start to look a bit like this time last season? on 11:10 - Aug 22 with 214 viewsjonno

A lot of proposed deals don't get done until late in the window as they are dependant on other moves taking place. I suspect that may be the case with some of these proposed signings for us. But we have just lost 5-0 at home in a game which only confirmed what everyone knew, that defensively we aren't good enough. I'm pleased to see some action being taken to address the obvious deficiencies.
Does it start to look a bit like this time last season? on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 202 viewsPacal_Votan

No.

"Try the whine!!!"

Does it start to look a bit like this time last season? on 11:15 - Aug 22 with 196 viewsHAYESBOY

Think we my be panicing a little with regards to the defence.

Thought half our problem on Sat was our midfield 3 was too soft.

No Derry/Barton like midfielder to hassle and stick their foot in and just hold in fron of the back four.
Diakite tried but its not his game.

If we get Dawson that would be a great signing. Not sure on Carvalho.

There were other problems in that Onuoha is not a right back and Fabio is not really a left back.
We looked unbalanced over the pitch Saturday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024