Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. 12:28 - Nov 6 with 1248 viewsJonDoeman

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility ahead of Stoke showdown - QPR FC http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/11/06/hughes-orders-qpr-players

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:31 - Nov 6 with 952 viewswittle

how about you and your coaches take some responsibility to mark.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 926 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"we have had a previous game where we’ve not stopped teams scoring against us."

Yes, I remember that game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 925 viewstoboboly

"He said: “[Reading] played to their strengths. Set play work is a big part of their game plan."

Really? Who'd have thought they'd play to their strengths? If we knew that then why did we let them do it all their own way? Weve already played them once.

"At times we didn’t deal with set pieces as well as I would have liked."

We didn't deal with them all game.

"Their goal came from that and we have had a previous game where we’ve not stopped teams scoring against us."

Eh? Weve only had ONE clean sheet in the league Mark.

“Players have to take responsibility and stop the ball going into the net.”

Have you just had an epiphany?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:37 - Nov 6 with 900 viewsadhoc_qpr

To be fair the players don't seem to be paying a blind bit of notice to anything Hughes says - why should this be different?

Unless he is telling them to stroll around the pitch, leave players unmarked, hid ebehind their markers etc etc?
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:44 - Nov 6 with 865 viewsderbyhoop

No sh1t Sherlock.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:59 - Nov 6 with 809 viewsA40Bosh

However, that foolham chronic report is only a rehash of part of the after game interviews and "presser" as opposed to a stand alone interview statement to the paper by MH.

Stating the bleeding obvious and stirring up more MH v Players v Fans fallout

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:29 - Nov 6 with 737 viewsMonkey_Roots

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:31 - Nov 6 by wittle

To be fair, I think up to this point all the responsibility has fallen on Hughes' shoulders - I'm quite buoyed by this challenge to the players.

I think that whilst we are all desperately scratching around, pointing the finger of blame, we have to bear in mind that whether or not things are working out with MH at the helm - he isn't stupid - he may have his own ideas and thoughts as to team selection and tactics, but he's not putting his head on the pillow at night with a smile on his contented face. Remember, this isn't only QPR's league position at stake, its Hughes' own reputation, pride and career in football at stake. Although not financial, he's personally investing heavily into this and is quite right to call on this crop of talented individuals to come together and take up the fight as a team. He's signed some decent players to do a job, and without being in the dressing room to know whether or not his team talk consists of scratching his ar*e followed by a belching competition, you have to say that he is experienced enough in management to be doing his best to galvanise the players and set the team up to win - i've never heard any rumblings of discontent at his previous clubs to assume that he's incapable of doing this or that he's woefully inept at doing this.

I'm starting to get behind MH - I believe in TF's vision of stability... we need to roar from the stands and give our team the confidence and belief that we ARE the finest football team the world has ever seen... did I go too far?

Come on U R's!
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 721 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:29 - Nov 6 by Monkey_Roots

To be fair, I think up to this point all the responsibility has fallen on Hughes' shoulders - I'm quite buoyed by this challenge to the players.

I think that whilst we are all desperately scratching around, pointing the finger of blame, we have to bear in mind that whether or not things are working out with MH at the helm - he isn't stupid - he may have his own ideas and thoughts as to team selection and tactics, but he's not putting his head on the pillow at night with a smile on his contented face. Remember, this isn't only QPR's league position at stake, its Hughes' own reputation, pride and career in football at stake. Although not financial, he's personally investing heavily into this and is quite right to call on this crop of talented individuals to come together and take up the fight as a team. He's signed some decent players to do a job, and without being in the dressing room to know whether or not his team talk consists of scratching his ar*e followed by a belching competition, you have to say that he is experienced enough in management to be doing his best to galvanise the players and set the team up to win - i've never heard any rumblings of discontent at his previous clubs to assume that he's incapable of doing this or that he's woefully inept at doing this.

I'm starting to get behind MH - I believe in TF's vision of stability... we need to roar from the stands and give our team the confidence and belief that we ARE the finest football team the world has ever seen... did I go too far?

Come on U R's!

I think having played nigh on 20 games with 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 and not having won a single one of them suggest he might well be ... stupid
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:38 - Nov 6 with 698 viewskingo

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 12:31 - Nov 6 by wittle

A manager and a coach can only do so much. They can't cross the white line and force players to actually do something properly. On Sunday for instance, we di not play that well in the first half but Hoilett, Cisse and Adel all had shots that should have been on target. In fact, one of Adels was where he was played through, had loads of time and space to run another 20m but instead he shot from distance and it rolled along the floor to the keeper. Second half, when we played a lot better we had chances but again the players made the wrong decisions and apart from 1 meant we didn't score. yes we all knew that Reading had very tall players who attack the ball from corners, but knowing it and being able to deal with it with shorter players is a different matter. Bottom line is many players made the wrong decisions and that resulted in us not winning the game.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:44 - Nov 6 with 678 viewsMonkey_Roots

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:31 - Nov 6 by baz_qpr

I think having played nigh on 20 games with 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 and not having won a single one of them suggest he might well be ... stupid

Every manager has a preferred style of play, the formation may well be struggling as a result of every game he has been in charge being a battle to get 11 strangers playing together.

If he gets this team playing as a unit, we'll push on. I'd LOVE to see him to get this right without having to sack him and start all over again... rinse and repeat.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 661 viewsHunterhoop

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:38 - Nov 6 by kingo

A manager and a coach can only do so much. They can't cross the white line and force players to actually do something properly. On Sunday for instance, we di not play that well in the first half but Hoilett, Cisse and Adel all had shots that should have been on target. In fact, one of Adels was where he was played through, had loads of time and space to run another 20m but instead he shot from distance and it rolled along the floor to the keeper. Second half, when we played a lot better we had chances but again the players made the wrong decisions and apart from 1 meant we didn't score. yes we all knew that Reading had very tall players who attack the ball from corners, but knowing it and being able to deal with it with shorter players is a different matter. Bottom line is many players made the wrong decisions and that resulted in us not winning the game.

But a coach can motivate players; man-manage them so they play at their peak levels; select a side comprised of the best players; find a tactical system and formation that fits his fits, gets the best out of them and tackles the opposition's strengths.

A manager can prepare a team "meticulously" during the week so they are fit, pumped, confident, and well drilled to that when they do step over the white line they are well placed to prey on the opposition's weakness whilst nulifying their threats.

A manager can admit when he's wrong and find an alternative...after all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

A manager can own up when he's made mistakes and gain the respect of fans and players.

A manager can resign when he's let his employer and staff down.

So...yeah, I think there's quite a lot of responsibility a manager can take.

This whoe 'white line' thing is bollocks that unfairly underestimates the importance and difficult of good 'management'. It does a disservice to excellent managers and leaders across the world. It is a get out used by those who are either awful managers or with a vested interest in defending an awful manager.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:49 - Nov 6 with 654 viewsDaBurgh

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:44 - Nov 6 by Monkey_Roots

Every manager has a preferred style of play, the formation may well be struggling as a result of every game he has been in charge being a battle to get 11 strangers playing together.

If he gets this team playing as a unit, we'll push on. I'd LOVE to see him to get this right without having to sack him and start all over again... rinse and repeat.

Normally most individuals over the age of 5 are aware that they are responsible for their own actions and the outcome of those actions, and do not normally have to be told (very often) after this age. They tend to give it some thought on their own and act accordingly.

I suppose prima donna footballers are a bit 'special' and have never had to come to terms with this. I hope it's not too difficult to grasp.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:56 - Nov 6 with 634 viewsNov77

When it comes to a physical battle what players do we have that will put there body on the line for us? Nelson? Who else.
Bosingwa, traore, bobby 'I don't do defending, hell, I don't even like football' Zamora?
Stoke will have watched us against reading and will now be planning the biggest aerial bombardment since the Luftwaffe came to town.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:57 - Nov 6 with 628 viewsClive_Anderson

The best way to show players take responsibility is by dropping them when they play badly/can't be @rsed and keep players that play well in the team.

So bring in Hill for Ferdinand and get Faurlin in the team.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:58 - Nov 6 with 624 viewskingo

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:48 - Nov 6 by Hunterhoop

But a coach can motivate players; man-manage them so they play at their peak levels; select a side comprised of the best players; find a tactical system and formation that fits his fits, gets the best out of them and tackles the opposition's strengths.

A manager can prepare a team "meticulously" during the week so they are fit, pumped, confident, and well drilled to that when they do step over the white line they are well placed to prey on the opposition's weakness whilst nulifying their threats.

A manager can admit when he's wrong and find an alternative...after all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

A manager can own up when he's made mistakes and gain the respect of fans and players.

A manager can resign when he's let his employer and staff down.

So...yeah, I think there's quite a lot of responsibility a manager can take.

This whoe 'white line' thing is bollocks that unfairly underestimates the importance and difficult of good 'management'. It does a disservice to excellent managers and leaders across the world. It is a get out used by those who are either awful managers or with a vested interest in defending an awful manager.

The players all appear to back him, well openly anyway. Fact is we have had an injury crisis to our defence and simply had to play certain players in certain positions. Since we have had our first choice defence back (bar Mbia for Reading) we have played very well against a high flying Everton, lost to Arsenal by an offside goal and played well (for an hour) against Reading with their keeper making several outstanding saves. Go back before the injuries hit and we played very well against CFC, Spuds and dis well against MCFC. If you are honest the against Swansea you probably asked at half time how many WE would win by. Points is the problem. but I am confident that they will come in the next few weeks, where I think that sacking a manager is the best way to guarantee we don't get them.

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:01 - Nov 6 with 610 viewskingo

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:57 - Nov 6 by Clive_Anderson

The best way to show players take responsibility is by dropping them when they play badly/can't be @rsed and keep players that play well in the team.

So bring in Hill for Ferdinand and get Faurlin in the team.

How can we have the settled team that most are shouting for, if we drop half the players?

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:03 - Nov 6 with 603 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 13:44 - Nov 6 by Monkey_Roots

Warnock bought an entire squad to play 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 varients, there were very few players in that team that had played well or often in a 4-4-2. In order to make 4-4-2 work Hughes has had to buy another teams worth of players and whilst he has bought some players suitable he was never going to buy enough to fill a squad that could play this way. The biggest oversight being a number 9. He has bought to many players on the way down in their careers who do not have the hunger or fight for what we need.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:03 - Nov 6 with 603 viewsClive_Anderson

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:01 - Nov 6 by kingo

How can we have the settled team that most are shouting for, if we drop half the players?

Faurlin was dropped after playing well.

Ferdinand was brought in instead of Hill when Mbia got suspended.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:07 - Nov 6 with 588 viewsNov77

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:03 - Nov 6 by Clive_Anderson

Faurlin was dropped after playing well.

Ferdinand was brought in instead of Hill when Mbia got suspended.

Hill saying 'my legs won't get me there' was a stupid thing to say, might as well have told Hughes directly to just drop him.
Agree that we should have bought more players who felt this was their chance to prove they were good enough of to play in the prem, rather than players who came from bigger clubs just for the money and thought they had nothing to prove to anyone.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:09 - Nov 6 with 582 viewsjonno

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:03 - Nov 6 by baz_qpr

Warnock bought an entire squad to play 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 varients, there were very few players in that team that had played well or often in a 4-4-2. In order to make 4-4-2 work Hughes has had to buy another teams worth of players and whilst he has bought some players suitable he was never going to buy enough to fill a squad that could play this way. The biggest oversight being a number 9. He has bought to many players on the way down in their careers who do not have the hunger or fight for what we need.

Certainly looks that way. With one or two exceptions a team of nancy boys who wouldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Most of them will be crapping themselves at Stoke I suspect. Plus a manager and coaching staff who don't appear to have a clue.
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:11 - Nov 6 with 576 viewsBasingstokeR

The fans order QPR Manager to take responsibility!!!
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:15 - Nov 6 with 562 viewskropotkin41

I have heard it said that 4-4-2 is finished in the Prem. Did MH not hear this?

I have also heard it said that he has not lost the dressing room. JFC!!!! Can you imagine what will f*ckin' well happen when he does lose it? Half the team won't even come out of the tunnel.

By challenging the players to take responsibility does he mean to say that he bears none for this situation?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:15 - Nov 6 with 561 viewsadhoc_qpr

If this Stoke game goes as badly as most think/fear it will - Hughes has surely got to come out and criticize his players publically!

Saying they didn't follow instructions, didn't work hard enough etc etc.

It must be almost his last throw of the dice?
Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:18 - Nov 6 with 549 viewskropotkin41

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:15 - Nov 6 by adhoc_qpr

If this Stoke game goes as badly as most think/fear it will - Hughes has surely got to come out and criticize his players publically!

Saying they didn't follow instructions, didn't work hard enough etc etc.

It must be almost his last throw of the dice?

And then he would have to say that he is also a useless w*nker because it was him who put the squad together.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:20 - Nov 6 with 537 viewsDaBurgh

Hughes orders QPR players to take responsibility.. on 14:15 - Nov 6 by kropotkin41

I have heard it said that 4-4-2 is finished in the Prem. Did MH not hear this?

I have also heard it said that he has not lost the dressing room. JFC!!!! Can you imagine what will f*ckin' well happen when he does lose it? Half the team won't even come out of the tunnel.

By challenging the players to take responsibility does he mean to say that he bears none for this situation?

I fear this is exactly what Marky-Mark thinks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024