Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'The football experience' 13:40 - Dec 31 with 2670 viewsQPR1506

Went to watch Dartford v Cambridge (Blue Square Conference) on Saturday and compared to yesterday found it a more enjoyable experience. A crowd of about 2,000 and with both sets of supporters changing ends at half so they could be behind the goal there team were attacking. Good banter and a good game, finished 1 1. Nice new ground, easy to get refreshments and all in all a good day out. On the drive home my 7 year old commented that we would be playing Dartford soon which although I found amusing may actually happen!

In Redknapp We Trust !

'The football experience' on 13:47 - Dec 31 with 2647 viewsTacticalR

To think we used to play Cambridge when they were in the old Second Division (now The Championship).

Air hostess clique

'The football experience' on 13:48 - Dec 31 with 2640 viewsQPR1506

The programme showed some old Cambridge players Dion Dublin being one of them!

In Redknapp We Trust !

'The football experience' on 13:52 - Dec 31 with 2623 viewsSharpy

Pro football will lose a lot of support to the lower leagues over the coming years.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

'The football experience' on 13:53 - Dec 31 with 2620 viewsloftboy

'The football experience' on 13:48 - Dec 31 by QPR1506

The programme showed some old Cambridge players Dion Dublin being one of them!

Dave kitson played against us for cambridge

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

'The football experience' on 13:59 - Dec 31 with 2600 viewsKonk

I've been to a few non-league games in the Midlands when visiting my in-laws over the past few years: lots to love from a chairman working the turnstiles, volunteers running the pie hut/bar, fans mixing with no bother/posturing, players playing because they love the game, so no lack of effort, minimal diving, sliding tackles a-go-go and a crowd, however small, who all give a sh it about seeing their local team do well. All that in unique grounds. Brilliant. Not sure I could do it every week, but there's a lot to admire.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

'The football experience' on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 2582 viewsBluce_Ree

Like clockwork, whenever we start being rubbish people bring up non-league football as if it's good. It's not. It's shit. I've been to plenty of non-league games and it's always absolutely dreadful.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

'The football experience' on 14:04 - Dec 31 with 2568 viewsYorkRanger

Went to York v Bristol Rovers week before XMAS. £19 to sit on the half way line, £1.80 for a pie outside, great real ale in the nearest pub just inside the City wall and home within half an hour.

York could never replace Rangers - but a nice reminder of what football can be like.

Still deliberating about £48 for a restricted review seat for Spurs.
'The football experience' on 14:05 - Dec 31 with 2566 viewsPinnerPaul

'The football experience' on 14:00 - Dec 31 by Bluce_Ree

Like clockwork, whenever we start being rubbish people bring up non-league football as if it's good. It's not. It's shit. I've been to plenty of non-league games and it's always absolutely dreadful.

Agree, my mate went to Harrow Borough v Wealdstone recently, awful 0-0 draw (See match report on Wealdstone FC web site) , pouring with rain & at HB you have to pay an extra £1 AFTER you have paid to get in if you want to sit down and/or be under cover!

Real fans/real football my ar*e!
Login to get fewer ads

'The football experience' on 14:06 - Dec 31 with 2563 viewsMrSheen

'The football experience' on 13:53 - Dec 31 by loftboy

Dave kitson played against us for cambridge

Dave Kitson scored twice against us at the Abbey. Not even King Karl and Dicky Packetty could save us.
'The football experience' on 14:07 - Dec 31 with 2554 viewsTheBlob

Dartford?Slightly better surroundings than Watling Street.
Good standard of football and good value .
Borrocks to you Bluce

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'The football experience' on 14:18 - Dec 31 with 2529 viewsKonk

'The football experience' on 14:00 - Dec 31 by Bluce_Ree

Like I say, I don' think I could do it every week, but I do find it refreshing as a change from the modern professional game in England. No-one watching some plumber playing up front for Redditch Utd is labouring under the impression they're watching the most technically gifted footballers in the world, but paying £10-12 to watch some honest triers on a mudbath is often a lot less frustrating than paying £40+ to watch a load of tw ats on £20kpw+ strolling round, unable to control a ball, pass with both feet, or stay on their feet when they come within 10m of another player.

You don't get the corporate fuc knuts, you don't get the PL-curious types and you don't get people taking 400 pictures every time Phil Neville comes across to take a throw-in.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

'The football experience' on 14:37 - Dec 31 with 2508 viewsPinnerPaul

'The football experience' on 14:18 - Dec 31 by Konk

Like I say, I don' think I could do it every week, but I do find it refreshing as a change from the modern professional game in England. No-one watching some plumber playing up front for Redditch Utd is labouring under the impression they're watching the most technically gifted footballers in the world, but paying £10-12 to watch some honest triers on a mudbath is often a lot less frustrating than paying £40+ to watch a load of tw ats on £20kpw+ strolling round, unable to control a ball, pass with both feet, or stay on their feet when they come within 10m of another player.

You don't get the corporate fuc knuts, you don't get the PL-curious types and you don't get people taking 400 pictures every time Phil Neville comes across to take a throw-in.

'The football experience' on 14:44 - Dec 31 with 2492 viewsloftboy

'The football experience' on 14:18 - Dec 31 by Konk

Konk, I feel you should become a Ranger, fit right in at loftus rd.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

'The football experience' on 15:33 - Dec 31 with 2456 viewsHoopstar

Yeah I've always been fond of taking in the odd non-league game and see more these days as my 'other' club Darlington (well Darlington 1883 officially) were demoted something like 8 divisions at the end of last season. Saw the mighty Quakers beat Bishops Auckland 3-1 earlier this year in front of a crowd just over 2,000 which I was mightily impressed by. I actually enjoy going out to Darlo games with the family more now we've been thrown so far down the football hierarchy than I did when we were mid-table in League Two playing the likes of Cheltenham. Playing in the Northern Division One we're playing a huge amount of local (well, not to me!)teams like Spennymoor United and there's a great us versus them feeling, people are there for the love of the game and a sense of pride and the food is often halfway edible!!!
'The football experience' on 15:50 - Dec 31 with 2439 viewsMrSheen

'The football experience' on 15:33 - Dec 31 by Hoopstar

Yeah I've always been fond of taking in the odd non-league game and see more these days as my 'other' club Darlington (well Darlington 1883 officially) were demoted something like 8 divisions at the end of last season. Saw the mighty Quakers beat Bishops Auckland 3-1 earlier this year in front of a crowd just over 2,000 which I was mightily impressed by. I actually enjoy going out to Darlo games with the family more now we've been thrown so far down the football hierarchy than I did when we were mid-table in League Two playing the likes of Cheltenham. Playing in the Northern Division One we're playing a huge amount of local (well, not to me!)teams like Spennymoor United and there's a great us versus them feeling, people are there for the love of the game and a sense of pride and the food is often halfway edible!!!

Are Darlo still at George Reynolds' folly? If not, what has happened to it?
'The football experience' on 16:09 - Dec 31 with 2418 viewsSharpy

Like you Hoopster my home town team all but disappeared many years ago.And not being a driver found it hard to follow them when they played their home games at various other towns in Kent.Now after a 24 year wait they have returned home, and are enjoying a revival and sit 2nd in the Ryman south.With the present 12th highest attendance average in English non-league football at 1582.Not bad for a team 7 divisions lower than Rangers.
Like others mention the football on offer does some what at times leave at lot to be desired, but these are honest hard working semi-pro footballers who at times do a shift at work before having to do another shift at work.That alone with their limited ability gives them the freedom from a baying crowd if sometimes things go tits up.
As i posted earlier, fans young and old now make up the attendance figure, not just a hardcore of scarf wearing, badge collecting old timers.Kids wearing the replica shirts of there local team instead of the Man utd`s, Chelsea and Arsenals of this world.Fingers crossed, one day this great game of ours will be reclaimed from the dross spoon fed to us as "The greatest league in the world"

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

'The football experience' on 16:25 - Dec 31 with 2394 viewsHoopstar

'The football experience' on 15:50 - Dec 31 by MrSheen

Are Darlo still at George Reynolds' folly? If not, what has happened to it?

No the Satan himself is thankfully no longer associated with the club. The Quakers play at Heritage Park in Bishop Auckland so we've moved out. I miss the old days down at Feethams which was a great lower league ground! Must say I'm not sure what the glossy stadium is used for these days but it's no longer the millstone around the club. It was surreal sitting in a 25,000 seater stadium with 3500 fans in (most of whom used to be in the bars watching SSN.) It appears I have a propensity for supporting teams prone to financial self-implosion.

If I had it my way Mr Reynolds wouldn't have been let out of prison. A crook from birth that man (as proven by his many convictions!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024