Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest podcast 00:04 - Jan 8 with 2517 viewsNorthernr

Sorry for ranting at the end.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1906
Latest podcast on 00:44 - Jan 8 with 1336 viewsytt28

You said it as it is, if only more people spoke up.
Latest podcast on 07:17 - Jan 8 with 1250 viewssmegma

Best one so far. Just for the intro bit !!!
Latest podcast on 08:14 - Jan 8 with 1184 viewsAgedR

You did make me think again about the £3.50 booking fee and what an absolute pxss take it is, especially when, like a mug, I go to the box office and collect the bxstard things.

In my view the whole backroom setup at the club is a procession of people using QPR as a career step up or blatantly creaming off the top. No better highlighted than with the 3D programme toss. Nobody cares Ian! A lot of us read AKUTRs anyway. How about giving us one free and going PR mad calling it a 'fans issue', if you are absolutely have to include some masturbatory element in everything you do.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Latest podcast on 08:15 - Jan 8 with 1182 viewscjc

Whilst I agree and sympathize that many fans may be pixxed off with the contradictory announcements on the West brom game and possibly the ticket prices for the last cup game, I can´t agree that the majority of fans feel abused by the club.
The new owners have listened to the fans on many aspects of the club, dropped prices across the board and yet invested heavily, in trying to keep us up, all be it rightly or wrongly but more importantly are building an academy and professional infrastructure to keep us alive for many more years to come, sure mistakes have been made and lessons will have to be learnt but at least they are trying.
We as fans have various forums now, to give our proposals, opinions or grievances and are listened to directly and immediately in some of these cases, whether it be on Twitter, FB, many other forums or even by one of the owners or MD occasionally having a pint in a local before the game. Whilst I understand some may abuse these access tools, I think the majority don´t and the owners are clever enough to know the real fans. Christ some, moaners on here, have actually been invited by the club to meet the owners and board!!

Seriously, think about it, when have the fans ever been listened to as much?

So before getting pixxed up, as to not feeling ´appreciated´ as a fan (Ahhh didums) maybe its best to analyse the real reasons why, first.
Could it simply be, that too much time is spent on football by some on here and they have no happy balance, because it is not the owners fault that modern day football costs time and money if you want to go to every game and have a successful team.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Latest podcast on 08:34 - Jan 8 with 1159 viewssmegma

Latest podcast on 08:15 - Jan 8 by cjc

Whilst I agree and sympathize that many fans may be pixxed off with the contradictory announcements on the West brom game and possibly the ticket prices for the last cup game, I can´t agree that the majority of fans feel abused by the club.
The new owners have listened to the fans on many aspects of the club, dropped prices across the board and yet invested heavily, in trying to keep us up, all be it rightly or wrongly but more importantly are building an academy and professional infrastructure to keep us alive for many more years to come, sure mistakes have been made and lessons will have to be learnt but at least they are trying.
We as fans have various forums now, to give our proposals, opinions or grievances and are listened to directly and immediately in some of these cases, whether it be on Twitter, FB, many other forums or even by one of the owners or MD occasionally having a pint in a local before the game. Whilst I understand some may abuse these access tools, I think the majority don´t and the owners are clever enough to know the real fans. Christ some, moaners on here, have actually been invited by the club to meet the owners and board!!

Seriously, think about it, when have the fans ever been listened to as much?

So before getting pixxed up, as to not feeling ´appreciated´ as a fan (Ahhh didums) maybe its best to analyse the real reasons why, first.
Could it simply be, that too much time is spent on football by some on here and they have no happy balance, because it is not the owners fault that modern day football costs time and money if you want to go to every game and have a successful team.

"Seriously, think about it, when have the fans ever been listened to as much?"

Dave Bulstrode started the Fans Forums back in the late 80s.The LSA and Supporters Club Committees would meet with the board and even Ray Wilkins used to attend (as manager) and no subject was taboo with him. Chris Wright when he bought the club continued the forums. They used to have about 4-5 a season. I attended the majority of them as a member of the LSA Committee.
Also, when Chris Wright floated the club on the stock exchange , us shareholders used to have the Annual General Meeting.Hope that answers your question.
Latest podcast on 08:40 - Jan 8 with 1147 viewsVish

Latest podcast on 08:34 - Jan 8 by smegma

Dave Bulstrode started the Fans Forums back in the late 80s.The LSA and Supporters Club Committees would meet with the board and even Ray Wilkins used to attend (as manager) and no subject was taboo with him. Chris Wright when he bought the club continued the forums. They used to have about 4-5 a season. I attended the majority of them as a member of the LSA Committee.
Also, when Chris Wright floated the club on the stock exchange , us shareholders used to have the Annual General Meeting.Hope that answers your question.

I went to one in Hammersmith Town hall, i think it was when Olly was in charge.

Facebook, Twitter etc are not ways of communicating with the club as far as i'm concerned.
Latest podcast on 08:44 - Jan 8 with 1141 viewscjc

Latest podcast on 08:34 - Jan 8 by smegma

I stand corrected, the only thing I can say is that was the 80´s there were very few other communication tools to hand apart from fax or writing.
My understanding is that Harry used to have regular meetings with the fans at his previous clubs, so hopefully that will continue, I suppose he`s a bit busy at the moment.
Do the LSA not have any input anymore..

Latest podcast on 08:51 - Jan 8 with 1132 viewsVish

Latest podcast on 08:44 - Jan 8 by cjc

I stand corrected, the only thing I can say is that was the 80´s there were very few other communication tools to hand apart from fax or writing.
My understanding is that Harry used to have regular meetings with the fans at his previous clubs, so hopefully that will continue, I suppose he`s a bit busy at the moment.
Do the LSA not have any input anymore..

Really it shouldn't be down to Harry, it should be the Philip Beard or someone making fans fourms happen regardless of who the manager is.

As a ST i think we're automatically Official Club Supporters members, i'm sure i read that somewhere. Perhaps that group is a way into fans forums etc. However, what about people who are not ST holders.

We're desperatly crying out for more management at the club who can actually relate to the fans, and not by flamming twitter or facebook.
Login to get fewer ads

Latest podcast on 09:05 - Jan 8 with 1105 viewscjc

Latest podcast on 08:51 - Jan 8 by Vish

Really it shouldn't be down to Harry, it should be the Philip Beard or someone making fans fourms happen regardless of who the manager is.

As a ST i think we're automatically Official Club Supporters members, i'm sure i read that somewhere. Perhaps that group is a way into fans forums etc. However, what about people who are not ST holders.

We're desperatly crying out for more management at the club who can actually relate to the fans, and not by flamming twitter or facebook.

A lot to be done, but let´s be fair alot has been done in the past 16 months at the club and I feel that things are and will get better. Sometimes to us, the more they do, the more you want them to do and nothing will ever be good enough.

Ever onwards.

Latest podcast on 09:06 - Jan 8 with 1098 viewsToast_R

Was the best podcast so far.

Lost of heart felt opinions there chaps, if only the club would listen in on it.
Latest podcast on 09:08 - Jan 8 with 1093 viewsNorthernr

Perhaps CJC you can put some numbers on the following:

- Fans forums since Fernandes took over
- Meetings with supporters groups - qpr 1st, LSA, official supporters club - since Fernandes took over
- Contact of any sort with QPR 1st since Fernandes took over

They're giving an illusion of listening and accessibility. You cannot have a proper, adult discussion in 140 characters. Even if you could there are so many mouth breathers on Twitter that any proper, sensible points that are made get lost in a tidal wave of "you're the new Jesus, Tony" or "you're a fcking prick Tony".

Consequently they're making decisions and statements that betray just how little they get what their customers want - West Ham ticket allocation, West Brom ticket pricing etc.
Latest podcast on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 1047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Latest podcast on 09:08 - Jan 8 by Northernr

- Meetings with supporters groups - qpr 1st, LSA, official supporters club - since Fernandes took over

They're giving an illusion of listening and accessibility. You cannot have a proper, adult discussion in 140 characters. Even if you could there are so many mouth breathers on Twitter that any proper, sensible points that are made get lost in a tidal wave of "you're the new Jesus, Tony" or "you're a fcking prick Tony".

Consequently they're making decisions and statements that betray just how little they get what their customers want - West Ham ticket allocation, West Brom ticket pricing etc.

Looking forward to listening to it later.

It's good to see that a real debate on the current owners is gathering pace, though.

I have no reason to doubt Fernandes and Co, but they are businessmen, and my worry is that so many of our supporters don't see that. 'Uncle Tony'? Seriously! After all we've been through with previous owners have we learned nothing?

I hope to God this is not relevant, but it's the question I keep posing: if businesspeople wanted to hijack our club for massive profits, wouldn't a very good way to do that be to tweet endlessly to the supporters re massive promises, but never meet them face to face and meaningfully answer their questions re progress on the same?

From Fernandes' point of view the meeting would also make sense. His tweet after the Chelsea game re 'attacks' on him is the first I've heard which hinted that he might be taking that twitter nonsense personally. He should meet the true fans. If he's on the level, he'll get reassurance in that meeting, and come out of the meeting happier and recharged.

And so will the fans. What's to lose?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Latest podcast on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 1021 viewstoboboly

Can I just add that I thought their idea of giving everyone flags was really shit, made us look very naive and fulham-esque. Also the decision to sell rival mugs in the club shop (including the scum) and using that cu nt Terry and other rival players on promotionals/advertisements to get people to purchase tickets etc should have received far more stick.

Also don't forget Tony's line that had Redknapp not been available he would have carried on with Hughes. He should be on a first warning for that alone.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Latest podcast on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 1021 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

was listening to that sitting out on my deck with a cold beer watching the sheep hiding in the shade of a big tree.... that beginning section with the foreign commentators describing the SWP goal was genius.. I laughed so much beer came out my nose... wonderful stuff.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Latest podcast on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 988 viewscjc

Latest podcast on 09:08 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Not suggesting twitter is the ideal forum for debate but you can get you point across. If fans tweeted ¨ticket prices WBA cup game, ridiculous and way too expensive´, ´West Ham ticket allocation all wrong, what is going on, can somebody explain`, `Why no meetings with the LSA, QPR 1st etc Tony, we the fans would like to be listened to directly`.
If lots of people were tweeting the same, it gets the point across, quickly. Loftforwords is an ideal forum to try and mobilize change, raise awareness and get members to try and change things. Why not request members to tweet the club on exactly the points you have raised, en masse, to see the impact rather than just moaning about it.

The current communciation tools obviously have had some impact, it has been highlighted by the board that they are listening and certain things have already changed.
Its been higlighted that direct communication obviously has to improve, that seems evident but lets not forget the intransience of some of our past owners who may have actually had meetings with the fans and did nothing.

I do think some fans may simply like to go to meetings so they can vent there frustration at it consuming their lives, so they feel special and worthy and therfore the current modern communcation tools that we all have to the club such as email, twitter, facebook and forums do not apply to them.

Latest podcast on 09:51 - Jan 8 with 979 viewstoboboly

Many fans who tried to raise issues were described as "haters" I seem to remember. Only the sycophants are given exposure.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Latest podcast on 09:53 - Jan 8 with 971 viewsNorthernr

Latest podcast on 09:49 - Jan 8 by cjc

Not suggesting twitter is the ideal forum for debate but you can get you point across. If fans tweeted ¨ticket prices WBA cup game, ridiculous and way too expensive´, ´West Ham ticket allocation all wrong, what is going on, can somebody explain`, `Why no meetings with the LSA, QPR 1st etc Tony, we the fans would like to be listened to directly`.
If lots of people were tweeting the same, it gets the point across, quickly. Loftforwords is an ideal forum to try and mobilize change, raise awareness and get members to try and change things. Why not request members to tweet the club on exactly the points you have raised, en masse, to see the impact rather than just moaning about it.

The current communciation tools obviously have had some impact, it has been highlighted by the board that they are listening and certain things have already changed.
Its been higlighted that direct communication obviously has to improve, that seems evident but lets not forget the intransience of some of our past owners who may have actually had meetings with the fans and did nothing.

I do think some fans may simply like to go to meetings so they can vent there frustration at it consuming their lives, so they feel special and worthy and therfore the current modern communcation tools that we all have to the club such as email, twitter, facebook and forums do not apply to them.

people have been and were Tweeting the things you mention at the start, they were ignored. That's the other thing about Twitter, you can respond to the stuff you want to and ignore the rest. Bit harder to do when you're sitting down with fans at a forum, or reps in a meeting.

Never been to one of these meetings or forums myself, but I recognise the importance of them and I think you're wrong to write them off in that way.
Latest podcast on 10:11 - Jan 8 with 930 viewscjc

Latest podcast on 09:53 - Jan 8 by Northernr

people have been and were Tweeting the things you mention at the start, they were ignored. That's the other thing about Twitter, you can respond to the stuff you want to and ignore the rest. Bit harder to do when you're sitting down with fans at a forum, or reps in a meeting.

Never been to one of these meetings or forums myself, but I recognise the importance of them and I think you're wrong to write them off in that way.

You say people have been tweeting things and have been ignored? How do you know? If they have been tweeting and ignored, then maybe it is because, they are not coherentlly sent which is why forums like LFW can have a greater impact.
Why not suggest on a sticky tweets for all the LFW fans to send, with a clear link to the the forum and the topics that have been mentioned. No harm and then if no results, then you can really have a good moan
I think you have misconstrued what I wrote I said ´some´ fans and said that if not happening now, it is clear more direct contact is required.
On listening to the last podcast, I would strongly recommend that you of all people try and attend the next available fans meeting with the board. At least you will feel a bit more appreciated. Don´t forget, I appreciate your dedication but somehow don´t think thats enuff.

Latest podcast on 10:11 - Jan 8 with 929 viewssmegma

Latest podcast on 09:49 - Jan 8 by cjc

I know someone who tweeted TF about being kicked out of the Lower Loft having been sat there for 18 years. He replied 'maybe you were one of those who swears regularly'. So hes tarring EVERYONE with the same brush. Great leadership. Meanwhile, Mr Beard , whose idea it was in the first place has never spoken about WHY he chose to remove loyal fans. But is happy to go to Isleworth to cosy up to Sky TV on a regular basis,.
Latest podcast on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 907 viewsNorthernr

Latest podcast on 10:11 - Jan 8 by cjc

You say people have been tweeting things and have been ignored? How do you know? If they have been tweeting and ignored, then maybe it is because, they are not coherentlly sent which is why forums like LFW can have a greater impact.
Why not suggest on a sticky tweets for all the LFW fans to send, with a clear link to the the forum and the topics that have been mentioned. No harm and then if no results, then you can really have a good moan
I think you have misconstrued what I wrote I said ´some´ fans and said that if not happening now, it is clear more direct contact is required.
On listening to the last podcast, I would strongly recommend that you of all people try and attend the next available fans meeting with the board. At least you will feel a bit more appreciated. Don´t forget, I appreciate your dedication but somehow don´t think thats enuff.

I know because I Tweeted them myself about the West Brom prices on several occasions and was ignored, and other people I know did likewise and had the same treatment. Not abusive, not incoherent, just saying that £28.50 was far too much for that match. No response from either Beard or Fernandes.
Latest podcast on 10:23 - Jan 8 with 890 viewsdaveB

I used to go the fans forums when Holloway was manager and one with Gregory as well, I went to a few at Loftus Road and one at Slough FC as well. They were always entertaining with Holloway but allowed you to ask serious questions of the club and how it was being run. They worked as a clear the air kind of meeting and wasn't just giving the club stick they usually explained why they did things and you could understand it all a bit more.

I don't think the club have acted on anything the fans have said. That whole vote on the badge that was promised by Amit Bhaita never happened for a start.
Latest podcast on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 875 viewsJuzzie

When the WBA cup game ticket prices were announced, one method being via Facebook, I put a comment on FB that they were too high and the attendance will suffer as a result. I've just had a look for the link to see if there was ever a response but I can't find it nor is there anything in my notification box (the globe logo) to say there was ever a response.

My comments were written in a reasoned manner so no reason for it to be ignored. Though I'm not sure whether it's policy or not to reply to comments.
Latest podcast on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 869 viewscjc

Latest podcast on 10:18 - Jan 8 by Northernr

I know because I Tweeted them myself about the West Brom prices on several occasions and was ignored, and other people I know did likewise and had the same treatment. Not abusive, not incoherent, just saying that £28.50 was far too much for that match. No response from either Beard or Fernandes.

It needs to be done in numbers and all look the same. I will happily tweet whatever you want on the points you are highlighting, I agree with them but you need to mobilize a lot of people, the fortunate thing is that you inparticular have it in your power.

Can you imagine if he got exactly the same tweet over meetings with supporters club members or forum moderators for example from over a 1000 people. Making united and clear points, does have an impact.

Anyway just a thought.

Latest podcast on 10:41 - Jan 8 with 828 viewsPommyhoop

Latest podcast on 10:30 - Jan 8 by cjc

It needs to be done in numbers and all look the same. I will happily tweet whatever you want on the points you are highlighting, I agree with them but you need to mobilize a lot of people, the fortunate thing is that you inparticular have it in your power.

Can you imagine if he got exactly the same tweet over meetings with supporters club members or forum moderators for example from over a 1000 people. Making united and clear points, does have an impact.

Anyway just a thought.

He'd probably say'Wow.Alot of Haters on tonight.Over a thousand'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Latest podcast on 10:50 - Jan 8 with 810 viewsKonk

£28.50 to watch QPR v WBA in the 3rd round is an absolute pis s-take. Our tickets v Blackpool were £15 from memory (we'd probably have got less than 10,000 at £28.50 too). You could argue that your game was two PL clubs, but there's often less appetite for these games than there is for a team you don't seem to play every other week.

Forums - the club will still most likely do what it wants in most respects (shi t new badges, shi t new kits changed every year, non-ejection of mouthy away fans decked out in club colours in home areas etc), but they do sometimes listen and change policy accordingly on things like stewarding, ticket prices/prriorities, communication, so I think they're a worthwhile exercise. Even if they only pick-up on 10% of suggestions from supporters, it gives the club a chance to listen to their "customers" and it gives supporters the opportunity to make constructive suggestions about how the club might improve the punters' lot.

We have a bloke who's the club "Fan liaison officer" or something, and he's actually a good bloke. Our lot occasionally email him to moan about the club badge/merchandising/catering/stewarding/Matthew Briggs, and he's always prompt in his replies and usually argues the club's case well and politely, whilst acknowledging that we're not alone in our unhappiness about bits and bobs. It's good to have a face like him that people can go up to and talk to about stuff at away games and what have you.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024