Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheap Flights 03:25 - Oct 16 with 2958 viewsFredManRave

As opposed to spending the rest of the year on the internet trying to find cheap flights from Argentina to the UK I'm going to dip into the vast amount of all round knowledge available on here and ask if anybody can recomend any websites that offer cheap flights. The slight catch is that I am looking for flights from Argentina to London as booking them through an Argentinean agent here would mean I would have to pay 20% plus many other hidden taxes.
I've checked on actual flight operators sites such as B.A. and LAN but the best price I have at the moment is with expedia.co.uk. It's utterly depressing looking for flights because the initial price quoted normally turns out to be about only 50% of the final actual cost "thanks" to taxes, surcharges, fuel charges, taxes etc etc.
So if anyone can recomend a cheap yet reliable site that comes recomended where maybe I could better the expedia price (heaven forbid I was ever lucky enough to actually lock in on a promotion) then it would be really appreciated.
Cheers.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cheap Flights on 07:31 - Oct 16 with 2891 viewsKonk

No idea about cheap flights between Argentina and London, I'm afraid, but skyscanner.net is always a good place to start looking for flights and in my experience, will find you the best available price. Good luck with it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cheap Flights on 08:47 - Oct 16 with 2825 viewskingsburyR

Agreed, Skyscanner is the way to go!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Cheap Flights on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 2813 viewssmegma

Cheap Flights on 08:47 - Oct 16 by kingsburyR

Agreed, Skyscanner is the way to go!

One tip with skyscanner : dont buy the first cheap flight you see as usually a week later you'll find another one as flights become available. Set yourself a ceiling of what you want to pay then work backwards. I booked flights early in the year at decent prices then a week later I found a cheaper one going via a different route.
Cheap Flights on 10:51 - Oct 16 with 2721 viewscalders

Never book flights at the weekend, tuesday and wednesday is when flights are normally cheaper.
Cheap Flights on 11:46 - Oct 16 with 2687 viewsWarfieldHoop

I booked a flight last weekend only to find that the price has dropped by £100 a week later

With less than one month to go until departure I didn't think that the prices would get any lower for an international flight. Sods law
Cheap Flights on 16:48 - Oct 16 with 2620 viewsBQPR

Is this a one-way flight Argentina to London or return?

I found that flying with Iberia via Madrid (it doesn't add much to the flight time) was a LOT cheaper than flying direct with BA - ridiculous when you consider that BA & Iberia are part of the same company (IAG).
Cheap Flights on 17:00 - Oct 16 with 2607 viewsAlbRanger

Hi mate,

FYI, airlines do not give agents deal/special rates in this country for flights that originate outside the UK (unless you're looking at Marine but that's a different issue!).

Therefore, unfortunately, any price you get in this country for Argentina-UK will just be the published airline fares that you have already found.

Any cheaper rates will have to be done locally in the country of departure.
Cheap Flights on 18:34 - Oct 16 with 2547 viewsMatch82

Cheap Flights on 17:00 - Oct 16 by AlbRanger

Hi mate,

FYI, airlines do not give agents deal/special rates in this country for flights that originate outside the UK (unless you're looking at Marine but that's a different issue!).

Therefore, unfortunately, any price you get in this country for Argentina-UK will just be the published airline fares that you have already found.

In my experience anything which lands at Heathrow from abroad has a ridiculous airport tax. I suspect that Heathrow is the only airport which would do direct flights (if anywhere does) but if you're getting a connection (say via Spain) then worth checking out the other London airports, might save a few hundred quid.
Login to get fewer ads

Cheap Flights on 18:44 - Oct 16 with 2527 viewsthame_hoops

Argentina you say?

Have you thought of organising a paypal whip round on here to pay for your flight, hotels and 'expenses'?
Cheap Flights on 19:40 - Oct 16 with 2484 viewsGloryHunter

Cheap Flights by Fascinating Aida

Cheap Flights on 22:31 - Oct 16 with 2368 viewsqueensparker

There's been a longstanding accusation that cheap flight websites track you with cookies and recognise you when you return, so that cheap flight you found first time round magically goes up next time as you're obviously interested.

Clear your cache on every visit just in case
Cheap Flights on 02:34 - Oct 17 with 2316 viewsFredManRave

Cheap Flights on 17:00 - Oct 16 by AlbRanger

Hi mate,

Thanks for the replies. Skyscanner is neck and neck with Expedia atm.

Initially I would have agreed with you Albranger but today after yet more exhaustive research the best price via Skyscanner is quite a bit cheaper than the best price I've been able to find here using local agents. The ironic thing is that I may have to go with the more expensive flights booked here as I can pay in the local currency with the balance being paid over 12 months on interesst free credit. If I go with the "cheaper" flights and pay for them on my GBP credit card I can't then get my money out of the country to pay the credit card bill. And the new tax is rumoured to be increasing by an extra 10% the day after the next elections - Sunday week. It's a long story but it's what you get for living and working in Argentina.

Feck me it's time consuming and extremely feckin frustrating trying to sort all this expensive shite out. Still the www make it almost worthwhile.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cheap Flights on 09:34 - Oct 17 with 2227 views1MoreBrightonR

I work in the travel industry and skyscanner is known to be good. Worth checking trivago too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024