Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic Not 10:11 - Dec 30 with 776 viewsPinnerPaul

Every team have bad runs - see below

Leicester - 3 - 14 Dec - P 3 W0 L2 D1
Burnley - 2 Nov - 3 Dec P5 W0 D4 L1
Derby - 17 Sept - 1 Oct P 5 W0 D2 L3
Forest 26 Oct - 3 Dec P6 W1 D3 L3

Its a 46 game season, keep smiling!

Happy 2014.
Panic Not on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 709 viewsFearless

Fair point - but for me it's not so much our recent results that bother me as to the style of play and lack of ambition.

Our "passing game" is all well and good if you are moving up the pitch, stretching the opposition, creating space etc etc

But to just keep the ball and be back were you started after 30 passes and 5 minutes is turgid in the extreme and very poor from a spectator perspective.

I'm not overly concerned with winning at any cost, I primarily want to be entertained on a day out and have some interesting moments to discuss afterwards over a beer

Can anyone actually think of anything memorable from yesterday's bore draw?
Panic Not on 10:59 - Dec 30 with 704 viewsPinnerPaul

Panic Not on 10:54 - Dec 30 by Fearless

Fair point - but for me it's not so much our recent results that bother me as to the style of play and lack of ambition.

Our "passing game" is all well and good if you are moving up the pitch, stretching the opposition, creating space etc etc

But to just keep the ball and be back were you started after 30 passes and 5 minutes is turgid in the extreme and very poor from a spectator perspective.

I'm not overly concerned with winning at any cost, I primarily want to be entertained on a day out and have some interesting moments to discuss afterwards over a beer

Fair points fearless and well played for actually replying with a reasoned argument.

Happy 2014!
Panic Not on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 692 viewssmegma

Panic Not on 10:54 - Dec 30 by Fearless

In a nutshell Ian, I managed to stay awake long enough to watch it all again on the BBC last night. They actually made it look like a game of football had taken place but then back to the studio they summed it up precisely by saying what most of us are saying. Harry did make me laugh when he said 'we murdered them first half' but then went on to make the same excuses hes made for the past 20 years by saying 'we're down to the bare bones, we got Bobby Zamora who can only manage 30 minutes and AJ who can only play 30 minutes as well'.
Panic Not on 11:12 - Dec 30 with 674 viewsted_hendrix

Panic Not on 11:05 - Dec 30 by smegma

In a nutshell Ian, I managed to stay awake long enough to watch it all again on the BBC last night. They actually made it look like a game of football had taken place but then back to the studio they summed it up precisely by saying what most of us are saying. Harry did make me laugh when he said 'we murdered them first half' but then went on to make the same excuses hes made for the past 20 years by saying 'we're down to the bare bones, we got Bobby Zamora who can only manage 30 minutes and AJ who can only play 30 minutes as well'.

Fck watching that again, I didn't, and as for HR making the same old excuses for BZ and AJ then that's his bloody fault nobody else's, he's had ample time to do something about it.
Our striker situation isn't new is it?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Panic Not on 11:18 - Dec 30 with 662 viewsLblock

What I don't understand is if the Crock Twins were able to do 45 each against Forest why either or weren't deployed in the same fashion yesterday?

The dough being pulled by our bench is frightening and I'd of let AJ go to Palace just free a wage slot up. For all this squads credentials pace and energy are not up there with attributes we have in bundles

Harry's done well to rid us of some poc ridden carcasses and the signings have steadied the ship
However he missed a trick in being very one dimensional in his recruitment policy

Bring me the men who suggested, sanctioned and then signed £100k A WEEK of "striking talent" in the Crock Twins and I will have them horsewhipped to within an inch of their lives

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Panic Not on 11:54 - Dec 30 with 621 viewsthemodfather

usually a pt at vicarage road would be celebrated..i have never seen such a poor watford side and we should have taken them....but with no recognised striker, well, always going to be hard.
no one in our midfield looks like scoring either....
3 games with no goals tells one story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024