Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager - Candidates 06:30 - Mar 19 with 5693 viewsGloucs_R

Any of these?

Roberto Di Matteo
Steve Clarke
Zola
Brian Laudrup
Malky Mackay
Eddie Howe
Steve Mclaren
Karl Robinson
Glenn Hoddle
Darren Ferguson
Paul Ince
Tony Mowbray
Owen Coyle
Dougie Freedman
Gary Neville
Lee Clark

(Not saying i want them!!)
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 6:33]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager - Candidates on 06:50 - Mar 19 with 3549 viewsRanger78

Uwe Rosler
Nigel Clough
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 6:53]
Next Manager - Candidates on 07:14 - Mar 19 with 3518 viewsGloucs_R

Cant see Rosler leaving Wigan. Much better set up than we have. As for Clough did n average job at Derby. Neither for me personally.

I am starting to believe that McKay or Clarke, both experienced with limited budgets, should be the front runners.

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:16 - Mar 19 with 3516 viewsHenryQPR

Laudrup - young, class act with Clint Hill as his number 2
Next Manager - Candidates on 07:18 - Mar 19 with 3509 viewsGloucs_R

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:16 - Mar 19 by HenryQPR

Laudrup - young, class act with Clint Hill as his number 2

Not meant to be a great coach though. A bit like Hughes from what I have heard.

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:24 - Mar 19 with 3484 viewsShotKneesHoop

Any one who sees managing QPR as a step up and a privilege, and not couple of years wasting away in an old folks home with a gold plated pension.

They should then only sign players who feel the same.

Sir Alec should have been cloned.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 7:24]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:40 - Mar 19 with 3441 viewsHenryQPR

I also rate Eddie Howe but not sure he is really prepared to move clubs? Didn't seem to cut it at Burnley. I know nothing about Laudrup only that he was a great player and a good manager in Spain (and not bad at Swansea?) Hill is a great club man and we all love him, but frankly too old and slow now for our ambitions. Let's give him a role on the coaching staff. Sick of watching Harry spin out the same old 'excuses without a solution' on Sky News.
Next Manager - Candidates on 08:05 - Mar 19 with 3409 viewsMonahoop

I'd opt for someone like Howe or Adkins or give Di Matteo a chance. But it won't happen. It's all very well fans wanting another change of manager and I am one of them, but who would want to come to QPR these days? It's become a poisoned chalice rated club, badly organised, poorly motivated in the areas where it counts and with high expectations wanted quickly and out of reach with a club of its calibre. Sadly many good potential candidates would be wise to give it a wide berth at present.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:12 - Mar 19 with 3393 viewsRs_Holy

I would seriously give the job to Steve Gallen.

Get him to fast track a few of the clubs younger players. It would dramatically change the debt situation and bring back some of the fun years we had under Ollie.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:22 - Mar 19 with 3359 viewsVish

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:40 - Mar 19 by HenryQPR

I also rate Eddie Howe but not sure he is really prepared to move clubs? Didn't seem to cut it at Burnley. I know nothing about Laudrup only that he was a great player and a good manager in Spain (and not bad at Swansea?) Hill is a great club man and we all love him, but frankly too old and slow now for our ambitions. Let's give him a role on the coaching staff. Sick of watching Harry spin out the same old 'excuses without a solution' on Sky News.

Eddie Howe would be my choice, but agree not sure he'd be looking to move away from Bournemouth again. Don't forget he signed Trippier, Vokes, Ings and Austin whilst at Burnley...
Next Manager - Candidates on 08:29 - Mar 19 with 3343 viewsMedwayR

I'd do everything possible to get Thomas Tuchel, but more realistically I'd go for Eddie Howe. I'm not keen on any of the others mentioned.

Poll: Who’s better?

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:58 - Mar 19 with 3300 viewsrbsranger

Would not want to go near Laudrup.
Generally does well early doors and then loses interest believing he belongs at a higher station. Look how Swansea fared after the great first half of last season. He also has not really lasted at places more than 2 years.
It is not going to happen but as has been said countless times before, we need someone that for them being at the Rangers is a step up rather than a step down (Hughes and Redknapp both saw it as step down and it has showed) and someone that is going to bring a footballing philosophy across all levels, Junior, EDS and first team so that we can actually promote players from within and they will have learned to play in a style that is transferable across all the levels.
We also need that manager to hear the message from the Board that the words "Emergency Loan" mean what they meant in the 1980s - if your goalie gets injured and we only have a 15 year old to sit on the bench then go find another goalie but an overweight Brazilian or gangly striker that is not good enough for Man U reserves can go elsewhere.
Next Manager - Candidates on 09:12 - Mar 19 with 3265 viewsRanger78

Next Manager - Candidates on 07:14 - Mar 19 by Gloucs_R

Cant see Rosler leaving Wigan. Much better set up than we have. As for Clough did n average job at Derby. Neither for me personally.

I am starting to believe that McKay or Clarke, both experienced with limited budgets, should be the front runners.

I'd be happy with both of those
Next Manager - Candidates on 09:23 - Mar 19 with 3253 viewsDWQPR

I'd have Gigi Di Canio back like a shot. He got a bunch over average players playing the best football at LR since the days of Francis as manager. With the squad that saggy chops has at his disposal Di Canio would have walked this league.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Next Manager - Candidates on 09:35 - Mar 19 with 3232 viewsadhoc_qpr

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:12 - Mar 19 by Rs_Holy

Get him to fast track a few of the clubs younger players. It would dramatically change the debt situation and bring back some of the fun years we had under Ollie.

Our youth players aren't up to much though, would you be willing to risk another relegation to League One by playing them?

The young right back, Ehmer, Hitchcock, Sutherland and maybe Petrasso might make Championship level players (at a very generous push) one day - but none have especially shone at League One level before now...
Next Manager - Candidates on 09:58 - Mar 19 with 3204 views00calben

Next Manager - Candidates on 08:12 - Mar 19 by Rs_Holy

Of the names on the OP, I wouldn't want vast majority and the one or two I do want wouldn't move (Eddie Howe / Uwe Rosler etc)...other than Mackay.

So I actually wouldn't be adverse to Gallen, or a similar appointment. It's a shame Ainsworth / Derry aren't doing brilliantly in their current roles (although both very difficult jobs) as I'd love to bring one of them back with an experienced no 2.

If we did go down this route we'd need a very experienced no2. E.g. Kenny Jackett / John Gorman mould from recent years.

Gary Rowett (Burton) and Graham Alexander (Fleetwood) both seem to be doing good jobs. Haven't seen enough of League 2 this season to know about their brand of football etc but would surely be worth a look?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2014 10:02]
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:10 - Mar 19 with 3174 viewsQPunkR

Gigi

QPR - "shit but local"

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:11 - Mar 19 with 3173 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't even consider half those names in the original post.
The likes of Ince, Clarke, Zola, Coyle, Mowbray all failures who would see us as a step down.

You have to look at what sort of job is required this summer, it's a rebuild so who has proved to be good at that kind of job. Mackay did it well at Cardiff after Bothroyd, Bellamy and co all left, Eddie Howe has done it at Bournemouth from nothing and also set in place foundations at Burnley. I think Paul Clement at Real Madrid would be interesting, similar to Brendan Rogers but could go wrong. As an outsider for it I think Kenny Jackett has always done a pretty good job wherever he's been.

Personally I dread to think who the club will bring in.
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:12 - Mar 19 with 3169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I have no idea, and a professional search would hopefully not be relying on the likes of me for ideas.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:15 - Mar 19 with 3155 viewsQPunkR

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:12 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I have no idea, and a professional search would hopefully not be relying on the likes of me for ideas.

Don't be so hard on yourself dude!

QPR - "shit but local"

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:38 - Mar 19 with 3126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:15 - Mar 19 by QPunkR

Don't be so hard on yourself dude!

I'm not, just being honest.

Most people I know thought Redknapp would do a good job, but they weren't to know that he'd sign a load of high-profile players, not coach them, or not establish any descernible tactical plan, all the while breaking his own world records for listlessness, misery and apathy.

The reason why they weren't to know is that they, like me, know nothing about football.

And I freely admit that I know nothing about the world of football. I know an unfeasible amount about my club, an unhealthy amount even. But I rely on the media and the few friends I have who're genuine and active supporters of other clubs for my few opinions on the football world outside of Rangers (not that I've ever admitted that such a thing exists, you understand).

The problem with that is that the first group, our friends in the media are often biased, lazy, corrupt, ignorant or a mixture of the four. The latter, the supporters, are usually spot on in their opinions in my limited experience, and in theirs.

In the case of Redknapp the former told me he was the bollix, the latter told me was a bollix.

But you have to give the lad a chance, don't you?

As for all the names on here, I don't know. I really stopped following football a long time ago. Naturally, I watch it on the box. More than I should. But really, who among us knows if any of those people mentioned are good, are lucky, have been surrounded by good coaches, fought against bad owners, had a great start and rode it well, had a bad start and jut couldn't turn it around, or were, actually, the messiah that will come in here and do the kind of job that only gets done in most clubs once every twenty years?

Who knows? I know I don't.

But....a professional search on the other hand, a genuine, honest-to-God professional search, would involve talking to hundreds of people who know inside the game. Inside clubs. Interviews with local journalists, ex-coaches, ex-owners, supporters, an actual analysis of candidates' achievements - results, records, history on development of youth, coaching style, signings, tendancies, preferred formations, playing styles.

And then, finally, after all that is done, interviews with a shortlist. Proper interviews, where you see if minds merge, if they have the personality - the morality, the patience, the integrity, the communication skills, the honesty - to work alongside you, and deliver on all of their dreams and on ll of your dreams and on all of the dreams of the supporters, all the while respecting the morality and ethos that your club has stood far, should stand for and must stand for from thesecond you hand them your spare key to the front door.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:42 - Mar 19 with 3118 viewsRangersw12

Mackay for me , done a very good job at Watford and also managed to get Cardiff promoted with everything going on behind the scenes.

Who ever we get I just hope the club do proper interviews and draw up a short-list and have clear vision what they want from the manager

This will be a massive appointment and if TF and co balls it up again it will have massive consequences to our long term future
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:46 - Mar 19 with 3107 views00calben

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:11 - Mar 19 by daveB

The likes of Ince, Clarke, Zola, Coyle, Mowbray all failures who would see us as a step down.

You have to look at what sort of job is required this summer, it's a rebuild so who has proved to be good at that kind of job. Mackay did it well at Cardiff after Bothroyd, Bellamy and co all left, Eddie Howe has done it at Bournemouth from nothing and also set in place foundations at Burnley. I think Paul Clement at Real Madrid would be interesting, similar to Brendan Rogers but could go wrong. As an outsider for it I think Kenny Jackett has always done a pretty good job wherever he's been.

Got to agree with all of this, particularly the last sentence.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Howe would leave Bournemouth, which seems to be a perfect fit for him, for a circus like ours. And, assuming we're both in the same league next season, can't see Jackett leaving Wolves for us,

Mackay would be perfect but I fear that, having just come from one shambles of a Club, he would hold out for a better/more secure job than ours.
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 3094 viewsCiderwithRsie

Next Manager - Candidates on 09:35 - Mar 19 by adhoc_qpr

Our youth players aren't up to much though, would you be willing to risk another relegation to League One by playing them?

The young right back, Ehmer, Hitchcock, Sutherland and maybe Petrasso might make Championship level players (at a very generous push) one day - but none have especially shone at League One level before now...

You know what, you're probably right.

But it depends what you want from the club.

If you want promotion to the Premier League asap and failing that a good championship side, we'll need to buy the best part of a new team and get in another manager [I can't imagine Redknapp will still be here next season, and I don't want to try to imagine it, thanks.] Which is pretty much what we've done for the last couple of years - longer really, it's not so different from what Tango and Cash did but with more actual money spent. If it works there's a premier league cash mountain to dig into and pass on to agents and footballers. No prospect of ever winning that league though, and a certainty that we'll do our best to get knocked out of any competition we could actually win to let us concentrate on staying in the premier league so we can keep on passing it's cash onto players and agents.

Personally it does zero for me. Nowadays I just want QPR to be the best QPR it can be. To take players and get them playing to the best of their ability and as part of a team. If League One is their best, I'd be disappointed - but so long as the books can be balanced I'd take that over a team which could be Premier League quality but plays like mid-table championship.

In common with a few others on here, the only bloke on the list I can see coming here who even remotely fits the bill is MacKay. I'm intrigued by the mentions of Paul Clement popping up on a few other threads but I've got to admit I know nothing about his credentials other than the fact that his surname gets him my goodwill
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:57 - Mar 19 with 3081 viewsbob566

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:11 - Mar 19 by daveB

it'll be the old fella Ireland just got shot of.
Next Manager - Candidates on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 3069 viewsQPunkR

Next Manager - Candidates on 10:57 - Mar 19 by bob566

it'll be the old fella Ireland just got shot of.

Jesus God forbid!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024