Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible Transfer Business 09:37 - Oct 19 with 1922 viewsJevlar

We don't truly know what is going on with Taylor Richards, and obviously hope he's alright.

But... it's classic QPR. Strapped by the constraints of FFP but a large portion of our transfer budget is spent on a player who for reasons unknown is unlikely to feature much for us.

You've got to wonder about the due diligence done on this bit of business.

Anyway. Happy Thursday People!
Terrible Transfer Business on 09:47 - Oct 19 with 1856 viewsNorthernr

That one is a product of two things we do a lot.
Firstly, letting a manager have what he wanted last summer.
Secondly, replacing one style of manager with somebody completely the opposite.

It leaves you with a squad assembled by a wide variety of people for a wide variety of reasons with no coherence to it.
Terrible Transfer Business on 09:53 - Oct 19 with 1822 viewsJevlar

Terrible Transfer Business on 09:47 - Oct 19 by Northernr

It leaves you with a squad assembled by a wide variety of people for a wide variety of reasons with no coherence to it.

It's maddeningly really.

Hopefully the board have run out of, let's call them 'manager itches' or at the very least put in a place a notion of you fit our model and that's it.

They seem to have their head turned so easily. You want them to stick to a plan - I just hope they don't finally decide to stick to this current one - as it increasingly looks like it's only got a downwards trajectory.
Terrible Transfer Business on 10:32 - Oct 19 with 1656 viewsstevec

For me that transfer has never smelt right, love to know how it came about. Have a feeling it would tell us an awful lot about the rotting carcass this club has become.
Terrible Transfer Business on 10:50 - Oct 19 with 1594 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Terrible Transfer Business on 10:32 - Oct 19 by stevec

For me that transfer has never smelt right, love to know how it came about. Have a feeling it would tell us an awful lot about the rotting carcass this club has become.

It’s simple really.

Young talented and well regarded player (albeit with a terrible attitude it seems) had his fee delayed via loan contract so we could fit round FFP regulations.

The club should know better, but another signing most people heralded when he arrived.

No conspiracy in my opinion, just a transfer that didn’t work out.
Terrible Transfer Business on 11:20 - Oct 19 with 1471 viewsHoopsie

Does this mean our squad is flexible and can play a variety of styles?

Poll: 4-0 “Come on, own up. Who saw that coming?” Derbyhoop

Terrible Transfer Business on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1466 viewsLazyFan

It's only a product of the first. The second does not apply as he's never available to play.

zzzzzzzzzz

Terrible Transfer Business on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 1461 viewsLowerloftLad

Brighton's transfer business is fantastic. they can sell players well over the asking price,They stat base absolutely everything and haven't really put a foot wrong in the transfer window of late.

Yet No one at QPR seemed to wonder why brighton seemed more than happy to let him go for just 350k.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 11:24]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Terrible Transfer Business on 11:30 - Oct 19 with 1410 viewsHAYESBOY

Terrible Transfer Business on 10:50 - Oct 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s simple really.

Young talented and well regarded player (albeit with a terrible attitude it seems) had his fee delayed via loan contract so we could fit round FFP regulations.

The club should know better, but another signing most people heralded when he arrived.

IMO this.
I would add that if the Manager doesn't choose who he would like to bring in, then who does. I would much rather that then a Manger having players forced on him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible Transfer Business on 11:46 - Oct 19 with 1373 viewsRangersw12

Terrible Transfer Business on 11:30 - Oct 19 by HAYESBOY

IMO this.
I would add that if the Manager doesn't choose who he would like to bring in, then who does. I would much rather that then a Manger having players forced on him.

Our recruitment problems over the years have been because we allowed the manager to sign who they want

Last 2 summers are a great example of this.

Manager getting what he wants doesn't work at this club . We need a proper DOF and recruitment team working together.

It also doesn't help when you have a squad built to play possession football and you then get in Dave Bassett MK2 as manager
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 12:03]
Terrible Transfer Business on 13:20 - Oct 19 with 1187 viewsstevec

Terrible Transfer Business on 10:50 - Oct 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s simple really.

It’s possible but 350k spread over four years or even a single year, when has that ever tipped a club into a breach of FFP?

As far as his wages go, they are counted in the year of payment so no relevance there to be considered.

I sense something iffy, the story that’s come out doesn’t really add up. £39mill over 3 years and we are led to believe that swerving another £350k for a year was going to make a blind bit of difference, come on!
Terrible Transfer Business on 13:48 - Oct 19 with 1107 viewskensalriser

Had a good 20-21 season with Doncaster, over 40 appearances and 10 goals, then went on loan to Birmingham the following January after making a couple of PL appearances with Brighton. At that point he looked like a promising youngster. The bizarre injury during during the medical at Brum wasn't a good sign but you could easily view that as a one-off.

I wonder if there's something in his trajectory from going to Man City at 14 and failing there, then going to Brighton still with the hope of being a PL footballer and then failing again. Now he can't even make it with a sub par Championship club. It takes a certain mental toughness and type of character to bounce back from that kind of rejection and maybe he just doesn't have it.

Remember Hogan Ephraim? Looked the part during our promotion season, linked up well with Taarabt. After that he basically couldn't be arsed to be a pro footballer any more, didn't have the motivation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Terrible Transfer Business on 13:56 - Oct 19 with 1077 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Terrible Transfer Business on 13:20 - Oct 19 by stevec

It’s possible but 350k spread over four years or even a single year, when has that ever tipped a club into a breach of FFP?

As far as his wages go, they are counted in the year of payment so no relevance there to be considered.

I sense something iffy, the story that’s come out doesn’t really add up. £39mill over 3 years and we are led to believe that swerving another £350k for a year was going to make a blind bit of difference, come on!

Well, I’ll never rule out some pocket filling angle, but where? If we’re as close to the ceiling in the payment year as Clive says we was then yeah, £350k is a massive difference
Terrible Transfer Business on 15:36 - Oct 19 with 936 viewsterryb

Terrible Transfer Business on 13:56 - Oct 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, I’ll never rule out some pocket filling angle, but where? If we’re as close to the ceiling in the payment year as Clive says we was then yeah, £350k is a massive difference

But it would only have been £87.5k in that years accounts. Transfer fee divided by the length of contract.

That is provided that I'm reading the figures correctly. £350k transfer fee, 4 year contract? Or are we saying the transfer fee was £1.4million?

Unless his contract was for a far higher wage than Brighton were paying him, salary wouldn't have made any difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024