Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
green to be replaced by the brazillian 16:00 - May 17 with 1691 viewsmorgantwin

Im just thinking that if green has no contract and we have to keep the Brazilian would that be the only way forward, do we think the Brazillian can match green or is green better than the Brazilian number one

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 16:35 - May 17 with 1625 viewssaxbend

I actually prefer Green. For every decent strike or occasional goalkeeping blunder that leads to Green conceding, Julio Cesar is beaten by two-three tap-ins. The difference being that Julio Cesar, world class shot stopper that he is, often gets caught out taking his defence for granted rather than taking the trouble to organise them. That approach probably served him well at Inter, but QPR are defenders need shepherding. Julio Cesar is probably used to playing with defenders who are so arrogant that they'd just get in a strop if he tried to position them. Paddy Kenny used to scream non-stop because he knew that his best bet as a goalkeeper of his diminutive size was to make it as unlikely as possible that he'd face a shot he wouldn't be able to save. Green is very vocal too.

But there is a hypothesis going around that Julio Cesar's wages are so high that we'll have no way of selling him to anyone likely to match them and will have to keep him until the end of his contract
We can't afford to keep both him and Green so it could be that we release Green at the end of his contract and start with Julio Cesar in goal in August be it at the Britannia or Griffin Park
[Post edited 17 May 2014 16:38]
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 16:56 - May 17 with 1580 viewsTheBlob

Sign Speroni,he's out of contract.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 17:10 - May 17 with 1541 viewsmorgantwin

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 16:56 - May 17 by TheBlob

Sign Speroni,he's out of contract.

WELL I PICKED UP THIS FROM A DIRECTOR ON THE REPLAY DATE SO ITS A DONE DEAL

knowbody could afford the brazilian wages

so its a non brainer theres talk of green going to brentford so we will just have to wait and see also amitt said that if we go up we will try to keep loic remy

but i feel if we go up we wont be able to keep him,because he will jump at the chance to play for a top five team,maybe he will go to tottenham,arsenal or liverpool

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:00 - May 17 with 1459 viewssmegma

Cesar will never play for us again. Get over it.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:11 - May 17 with 1433 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 17:10 - May 17 by morgantwin

WELL I PICKED UP THIS FROM A DIRECTOR ON THE REPLAY DATE SO ITS A DONE DEAL

knowbody could afford the brazilian wages

so its a non brainer theres talk of green going to brentford so we will just have to wait and see also amitt said that if we go up we will try to keep loic remy

but i feel if we go up we wont be able to keep him,because he will jump at the chance to play for a top five team,maybe he will go to tottenham,arsenal or liverpool

Gutted if Green leaves (no pun intended), he's been my player of the year and MILES better than that useless shite from Brazil. I hope he fücks off after the World Cup and Green signs on for the next few years.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:31 - May 17 with 1407 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 16:35 - May 17 by saxbend

I actually prefer Green. For every decent strike or occasional goalkeeping blunder that leads to Green conceding, Julio Cesar is beaten by two-three tap-ins. The difference being that Julio Cesar, world class shot stopper that he is, often gets caught out taking his defence for granted rather than taking the trouble to organise them. That approach probably served him well at Inter, but QPR are defenders need shepherding. Julio Cesar is probably used to playing with defenders who are so arrogant that they'd just get in a strop if he tried to position them. Paddy Kenny used to scream non-stop because he knew that his best bet as a goalkeeper of his diminutive size was to make it as unlikely as possible that he'd face a shot he wouldn't be able to save. Green is very vocal too.

But there is a hypothesis going around that Julio Cesar's wages are so high that we'll have no way of selling him to anyone likely to match them and will have to keep him until the end of his contract
We can't afford to keep both him and Green so it could be that we release Green at the end of his contract and start with Julio Cesar in goal in August be it at the Britannia or Griffin Park
[Post edited 17 May 2014 16:38]

I agree with your assessment of Cesar's ability and style. It suits people in Europe, particularly Italy where most of the keepers work is stopping speculative shots from outside the box without strikers running in for the rebound. He can get away with parrying it there, but not here.

If he ends up playing simply because we can't shift him and he is being paid a small fortune then I'll be mightily annoyed with our board - that would mean his wages are worth more than the team and in my eyes at least is not justification for him playing. You saw how awful he was in the what...one game he played this season? Conceded four goals! Rubbish!!
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:33 - May 17 with 1392 viewsPinnerR

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:11 - May 17 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Gutted if Green leaves (no pun intended), he's been my player of the year and MILES better than that useless shite from Brazil. I hope he fücks off after the World Cup and Green signs on for the next few years.

Hear hear!!!!!!!!

GREEEEEEEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 19:20 - May 17 with 1338 viewsHollowayRanger

should never have been allowed to go off on loan

now he gets his world cup and then coms back to steal a fortune off us till summer 2016

should have been left to rot and given NO game timethen maybe just maybe HE MIGHT HAVE LEFT to save his world cup place

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 20:42 - May 17 with 1235 viewsBluce_Ree

Rob Green is my favourite ever keeper. He is ace kingness.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 21:22 - May 17 with 1159 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cesar will never play for us again thankfully. His appearance money is more than many goalkeepers good enough and who are less likely to play like a complete tart. His performance at Villa angers me to this day.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 22:35 - May 17 with 1065 viewsNorthernr

Pepe Reina is available I hear.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 23:19 - May 17 with 1007 views08olesen

I think it is very easy to get behind Green because he is a nice guy and a decent keeper, but some of the saves Cesar made were ridiculous.

I understand why some people are cautious about Cesar under the cross but there have been plenty of times where Green has flapped at them and we have been lucky to escape.

I would be happy with both but Cesar is the better keeper IMO.

Poll: Who will the other play off

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 03:05 - May 18 with 943 viewsRangersAreBack

The club has made a real pig's ear of this but, putting that aside for one moment, Cesar is a better keeper than Green.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 3:07]
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 06:58 - May 18 with 894 viewsLoft1979

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 03:05 - May 18 by RangersAreBack

The club has made a real pig's ear of this but, putting that aside for one moment, Cesar is a better keeper than Green.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 3:07]

Understand the point, but Cesar is better...when his head is in the game. He was stellar early last year. Guys forget the Rangers defense sucked last year. For us to have a chance to go up after last years mess is not a small wonder.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 07:35 - May 18 with 873 viewsHantsR

I really hope we never see Cesar again. True he can make some flamboyant saves, sometimes against all odds, by sticking out an arm or leg in desperation but he parries or punches rather than catches, flaps at crosses, stays on his line, not a great kicker and generally doesn't seem integrated with the defence. What really irked me was hen he had a bad game or two and blamed an injury; at Southampton he was having a torrid time and sat down asking to be taken off. Boy was I relieved when Green came on as sub - remember those saves he made? I'll take Greeno and his occasional lapses any day!

PS - just read big Sunday Times feature on Greeno - confirmed he's my man!
[Post edited 18 May 2014 7:52]
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 10:39 - May 18 with 731 viewsSpiritofGregory

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 07:35 - May 18 by HantsR

I really hope we never see Cesar again. True he can make some flamboyant saves, sometimes against all odds, by sticking out an arm or leg in desperation but he parries or punches rather than catches, flaps at crosses, stays on his line, not a great kicker and generally doesn't seem integrated with the defence. What really irked me was hen he had a bad game or two and blamed an injury; at Southampton he was having a torrid time and sat down asking to be taken off. Boy was I relieved when Green came on as sub - remember those saves he made? I'll take Greeno and his occasional lapses any day!

PS - just read big Sunday Times feature on Greeno - confirmed he's my man!
[Post edited 18 May 2014 7:52]

Green has tried to compare himself to the likes of Derry and Hill. He was part of the problem we gave him 50k a week and he wasn't good enough that's why we had to replace him. He is a Championship goalie.

They both need to go. Why can't we find a goalie like Marshall?
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 10:44 - May 18 with 723 viewsHantsR

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 10:39 - May 18 by SpiritofGregory

Green has tried to compare himself to the likes of Derry and Hill. He was part of the problem we gave him 50k a week and he wasn't good enough that's why we had to replace him. He is a Championship goalie.

They both need to go. Why can't we find a goalie like Marshall?

Yes that's just the message we need to send our goalie a week before one of the important matches in the club's history. Well, I'm going to cheer him all the way...GREENOOOO!!!!
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 12:03 - May 18 with 673 viewsTheBlob

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 22:35 - May 17 by Northernr

Pepe Reina is available I hear.

A bit flouncey some might say.But then there should be enough in the kitty from the £15m+ Remy deal for his wages and still have enough to sign Darren Bent.

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 12:50 - May 18 with 642 viewsmorgantwin

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 12:03 - May 18 by TheBlob

A bit flouncey some might say.But then there should be enough in the kitty from the £15m+ Remy deal for his wages and still have enough to sign Darren Bent.

i thought the wigan goalie was really good,but would love speroni

i dont think green or the the crazy brazilian are much good

but its all about finding someone better

and so we just will let arry boy make the decision

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 17:24 - May 18 with 574 viewsRangersAreBack

Finance will play a big part especially with our debt and FFP looming. If we can't get rid of Cesar and Green's contract has expired then it's a no brainer. If, however, someone takes Cesar off our hands then we can explore alternative options. If that is to be Green then he must take a pay cut as £50k a week for a keeper in the twilight of his career just doesn't make sense.
green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:11 - May 18 with 547 viewsTheBlob

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 17:24 - May 18 by RangersAreBack

Finance will play a big part especially with our debt and FFP looming. If we can't get rid of Cesar and Green's contract has expired then it's a no brainer. If, however, someone takes Cesar off our hands then we can explore alternative options. If that is to be Green then he must take a pay cut as £50k a week for a keeper in the twilight of his career just doesn't make sense.

Nothing makes sense anymore.£1.40 for a bag of chips??
Why,I remember.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:14 - May 18 with 543 viewsDylanP

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:00 - May 17 by smegma

Cesar will never play for us again. Get over it.

Based on what? Are you just making that up or do you some sort of reasoning behind the statement?

Julio is on a contract that lasts one more season and on very high wages. Green's contract is finished at the end of this season. If we cannot find someone to take Julio's wages (and we couldn't last year, so why do you think we will next year?), then Julio will be our goalie and Green will be let go.

I think that is incredibly harsh on Green as he has been one of our best and most consistent players all year, but that is the reality. With 180 million in debt, we are not going to pay two goalies 50K a week, when only one can play.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:24 - May 18 with 526 viewsTheBlob

I like Julio.
He is just misunderstood.Okay he kicks the ball around the corner and punches just like any other "continental" keeper,but you rarely see him beaten at his near post with a shot across the body.
He is my hero.
Yessir.

green to be replaced by the brazillian on 18:30 - May 18 with 520 viewsTacticalR

@DylanP 'we are not going to pay two goalies 50K a week, when only one can play.'

If anyone can, we can. In fact, we already have.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024