Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excitement 10:11 - May 20 with 4383 viewsPhildo

How at the age of 43 can i be this excited and it is only Tuesday. Anyone else having trouble concentrating on even the simplest tasks? Its not even the promotion prosect which I have been lukewarm about all year - its the whole QPR day out at Wembley thing ......
[Post edited 20 May 2014 10:25]
Excitement on 10:13 - May 20 with 3020 viewssimmo

Less excitment, more nerves/dread. I am more in the camp of just wanting it over with so I know either way. It's a really odd feeling knowing that Saturday could be either one of the best days of my life, or a crushing disappointment that will be difficult to recover from.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Excitement on 10:18 - May 20 with 3004 viewsenfieldargh

keep waking up in the night.

Woke up at about 3AM couldnt get back to sleep so watched Ian Hislops programme about Old England....even that did'nt work!

also cant keep away from this board and Indys, still tomorrows Wednesday and half the weeks done

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Excitement on 10:20 - May 20 with 3001 viewsTacticalR

Beware of premature excitement.

Air hostess clique

Excitement on 10:21 - May 20 with 2993 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Yep. I haven't given a thought to the fact that there's a promotion at stake. It feels like I'm going to watch QPR in the cup final at Wembley - that's what's got me buzzing! I just want us to win. I don't care about the promotion bit!
Excitement on 10:22 - May 20 with 2975 viewsVish

Excitement on 10:13 - May 20 by simmo

Less excitment, more nerves/dread. I am more in the camp of just wanting it over with so I know either way. It's a really odd feeling knowing that Saturday could be either one of the best days of my life, or a crushing disappointment that will be difficult to recover from.

Exactly this.

Back end of last week i was just looking forward to getting tickets and having the wembley experience. Now its just nerves about how we will play on the day.

Last week, i thought if we'd lose i'd get over it pretty quick. Now as we get closer i can imagine how miserable it will all be if we lose.
Excitement on 10:27 - May 20 with 2947 viewsenfieldargh

Excitement on 10:21 - May 20 by PlumsteadQPR

Yep. I haven't given a thought to the fact that there's a promotion at stake. It feels like I'm going to watch QPR in the cup final at Wembley - that's what's got me buzzing! I just want us to win. I don't care about the promotion bit!

This ++++++

captains fantastic

Excitement on 10:39 - May 20 with 2903 viewsLincoln_Hoop

I can't concentrate at all at work. Can't keep off here either. Both excited and nervous. I long for Friday afternoon when I can hotfoot it to Glasgow Airport, fly to Stansted, get the train into London, and then have a few pre Playoff Final drinkies either in the Bush or Kingston. It promises to be a MASSIVE weekend.
Excitement on 10:49 - May 20 with 2878 viewsMytch_QPR

Excitement on 10:22 - May 20 by Vish

Exactly this.

Back end of last week i was just looking forward to getting tickets and having the wembley experience. Now its just nerves about how we will play on the day.

Last week, i thought if we'd lose i'd get over it pretty quick. Now as we get closer i can imagine how miserable it will all be if we lose.

It's wise heads v young legs - I think we'll be okay, as long as we give it 100%. If we do that, and we still lose, then I for one will applaud the team at the end of the game.

It's going to be an expensive day out, that's for sure, so try to enjoy it!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Excitement on 10:57 - May 20 with 2842 viewsPinnerPaul

Excitement on 10:13 - May 20 by simmo

In your dark moments, think Leicester - suffered crushing disappointment in the play offs in 12/13 (Not at Wembley I know) and bounced back to romp the league.

IF we don't make it, confident we will have an enjoyable 2014/15 - you read it here first!
Excitement on 11:35 - May 20 with 2809 viewsBluce_Ree

Low level cacking at the moment for me.

I've got to deal with the bullshit of getting to London first and then it'll all be a lot more real.

If we win it will literally be the greatest day.

If we lose then it will feel like normal as an R.

We'd better fking win, man.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Excitement on 11:46 - May 20 with 2778 viewssimmo

Excitement on 10:57 - May 20 by PinnerPaul

In your dark moments, think Leicester - suffered crushing disappointment in the play offs in 12/13 (Not at Wembley I know) and bounced back to romp the league.

IF we don't make it, confident we will have an enjoyable 2014/15 - you read it here first!

Whilst I do get that, and in some way agree. Absolutely nothing will be able to console me come the final whistle, if we lose. In that moment it won't matter that I could find 20 positives to not going up, it will simply be the biggest QPR day of my life coming to a miserable conclusion.

Imagine the scenes if we do it, just IMAGINE what kind of night it will be.

Excitement on 11:51 - May 20 with 2763 viewspaulparker

With Simmo here , what happens , happens
going to enjoy the day with family & friends and take it all in
86 is a blur now & 2003 I think meant more to the future of the club, to lose that was heart-breaking considering the run we had and what we went through,
we don't get to Wembley often so im gonna make the most of the day win or lose

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Excitement on 12:05 - May 20 with 2741 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Excitement on 11:46 - May 20 by simmo

Whilst I do get that, and in some way agree. Absolutely nothing will be able to console me come the final whistle, if we lose. In that moment it won't matter that I could find 20 positives to not going up, it will simply be the biggest QPR day of my life coming to a miserable conclusion.

All back to Shepherds Bush for a piss up to end all piss ups.
Excitement on 12:22 - May 20 with 2705 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There has to perspective.

If we lose, it will not be one of the worst days of our lives. The worst days of our lives will be provided later by sickness, depression, death.

If we win, it will not be one of the best days of our lives. The best days of our lives will be provided later by births, love, family.

QPR is a constant in my life,and it will never provide the savage swings in emotion that any of the above events do. Was I upset when we got relegated? Yes, of course. Did I smile for days after we beat Wigan? Oh my, yes.

But Rangers is about friends to me. Friends and nothing else. It's about their happiness and their togetherness. Because without that, the rest is utterly devoid of meaning.

I'd love us to win on Saturday, but there are so many things I want more from the day. I want my friends to have their faith replenished, I want them to meet plenty of their friends, to hug, to share a chat, a beer, a secret. I want thousands to walk from Loftus Road. I want the world to see it. I want us to play with flair, play without fear, to evoke the spirit of Stan, Rodney and Thomas. I want the world to see that too. I want to see the hoops at Wembley, I want to feel 37,000 chests swell at the sight of them. I want kids to fall in love with them, tired hearts to rekindle their love, those with secret ails to make it to their seats, those whose ails kept them away to make it to their televsions, those who're abroad to make their flights, and those who've passed since '86 to fill our hearts.

Afterwards, I want that when we repair to analyse the game, wherever we are in the world, there will be chats, there will be texts, there will be smiles.

Weren't we proud?

Saturday has the potential to be a huge and overwhelming reward to the QPR family, a fulfilling day when the love we have for each other can be expressed and shared. Regardless of the result, we'll be loud, we'll be proud and we'll behave.

If it doesn't end in joy, then so be it, as long as it ends in pride.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Excitement on 12:25 - May 20 with 2689 viewsPinnerPaul

Excitement on 11:46 - May 20 by simmo

That last sentence hasn't helped me one bit keep a lid of the excitement Simmo!

Oh as you say just imagine IF IF IF we actually won at Wembley - wow!
Excitement on 12:27 - May 20 with 2678 viewsenfieldargh

Excitement on 12:22 - May 20 by BrianMcCarthy

If we lose, it will not be one of the worst days of our lives. The worst days of our lives will be provided later by sickness, depression, death.

If we win, it will not be one of the best days of our lives. The best days of our lives will be provided later by births, love, family.

QPR is a constant in my life,and it will never provide the savage swings in emotion that any of the above events do. Was I upset when we got relegated? Yes, of course. Did I smile for days after we beat Wigan? Oh my, yes.

But Rangers is about friends to me. Friends and nothing else. It's about their happiness and their togetherness. Because without that, the rest is utterly devoid of meaning.

I'd love us to win on Saturday, but there are so many things I want more from the day. I want my friends to have their faith replenished, I want them to meet plenty of their friends, to hug, to share a chat, a beer, a secret. I want thousands to walk from Loftus Road. I want the world to see it. I want us to play with flair, play without fear, to evoke the spirit of Stan, Rodney and Thomas. I want the world to see that too. I want to see the hoops at Wembley, I want to feel 37,000 chests swell at the sight of them. I want kids to fall in love with them, tired hearts to rekindle their love, those with secret ails to make it to their seats, those whose ails kept them away to make it to their televsions, those who're abroad to make their flights, and those who've passed since '86 to fill our hearts.

Afterwards, I want that when we repair to analyse the game, wherever we are in the world, there will be chats, there will be texts, there will be smiles.

Weren't we proud?

Saturday has the potential to be a huge and overwhelming reward to the QPR family, a fulfilling day when the love we have for each other can be expressed and shared. Regardless of the result, we'll be loud, we'll be proud and we'll behave.

blimey Brian, brought a tear to my eye.

now all join in with psalm 1882, pigbag!!!!

captains fantastic

Excitement on 12:30 - May 20 with 2656 viewsJuzzie

Excitement on 10:21 - May 20 by PlumsteadQPR

Same here! Despite being the clostest club to Wembley, we've hardly been there and when we have, our record isn't very good.

I just want us to win a cup final. Promotion is secondry!

I had a dream the other night we won 6-0!!!
Excitement on 12:30 - May 20 with 2653 viewsPinnerPaul

Weren't we proud?

Agree Brian, but family and stuff can be linked to special R's moments.

My daughter's text after Wigan - "That was granddad"

After Hillsborough my son saying "Thanks for taking me Dad"

Picture of my son on the pitch in front of ER after the Stoke match

Same son being hugged by a complete stranger after the Oldham goal

Lots more as well - special moments on the pitch, made more special by family off it.
Excitement on 12:30 - May 20 with 2652 viewsmikeygunn

Weren't we proud?

Post of the year!
Excitement on 12:33 - May 20 with 2649 viewssimmo

Weren't we proud?

Fck that. I'd sell my mother for a 90th minute Clint Hill winner at Wembley.

Excitement on 12:44 - May 20 with 2603 viewsMaggsinho

Excitement on 12:30 - May 20 by Juzzie

Same here! Despite being the clostest club to Wembley, we've hardly been there and when we have, our record isn't very good.

I just want us to win a cup final. Promotion is secondry!

I had a dream the other night we won 6-0!!!

I dreamt last night that we got promoted and promptly signed Peter Crouch.

I prefer your version.
Excitement on 12:59 - May 20 with 2566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excitement on 12:33 - May 20 by simmo

Fck that. I'd sell my mother for a 90th minute Clint Hill winner at Wembley.

Ha! I was expecting that from you! :)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Excitement on 13:08 - May 20 with 2549 viewshopphoops

Excitement on 12:59 - May 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ha! I was expecting that from you! :)

I've been keeping a lid on it and instead planning a boozy road trip in the south of france or northern italy which would make for a great weekend at about a quarter of the price of getting to London and back, I've even refrained from begging a ticket on here and really enjoyed the excitement of the dads with sons and other recipients who have profited from the generous help of fellow Rs in getting tickets.

Now they've gone on general sale there was of course no option but to go for it and I'm properly hyperventilating.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Excitement on 13:15 - May 20 with 2529 viewswelwynranger

I am 57 and my wife told me on Sunday that I was going to burst before Daturday .
Excitement on 13:15 - May 20 with 2527 viewsingeminate

Weren't we proud?

well R-Type is scheduled for a double whammy - baby due this Saturday!

Suppose that pretty much makes your point, if we lose but his little one makes an appearance sure he'll go to bed cheery!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024