Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Volvo XC90 13:15 - Aug 27 with 1079 viewsexiled_dictator

just seen the pictures of the new one due to come out end of the year.
am on my third one at the moment, having had them for over a decade and probably 1 million miles.
still deciding whether i like the look of it, maybe it takes more time to get used to. but there will definitely not be a 4.4 litre petrol v8 lurking under the bonnet ready to embarrass every hot hatch and many so called super cars.
aaaah, thems woz the daze.
know others on here also have or have had one, so what's your take?

i love them for not being a bmw x5 or merc ml, but others always tell me they're too left of centre to consider. never had any serious problem with any of them, and would consider a new one. gotta see it in the flesh first.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Volvo XC90 on 13:21 - Aug 27 with 1051 viewskingsburyR

I just bought the missus a car with slidey doors..... so what do I know?????????

N.B: And it's white.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Volvo XC90 on 13:47 - Aug 27 with 971 viewsexiled_dictator

Volvo XC90 on 13:21 - Aug 27 by kingsburyR

I just bought the missus a car with slidey doors..... so what do I know?????????

N.B: And it's white.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvCVv74aD6TWS8Snblx2qjILLn

wot, like this?

or this?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwpbx2M_I13PC8waG-NwagzFE0

sliding doors only helps the enemy as you don't smash the crap out of their doors when kids open the doors wildly & recklessly. should get a car with steel toe-capped doors. that'll show them.

Volvo XC90 on 13:49 - Aug 27 with 961 viewsTheBlob

The lights stay on all the time and people flash you up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Volvo XC90 on 16:20 - Aug 27 with 828 viewsbarbicanranger

they've made it look too much like a bmw or merc this time, so I think you're going to like you wanted a beemer but got the volvo, where as the previous models had their own individual character
Volvo XC90 on 17:09 - Aug 27 with 773 viewsA40Bosh

Volvo XC90 on 16:20 - Aug 27 by barbicanranger

they've made it look too much like a bmw or merc this time, so I think you're going to like you wanted a beemer but got the volvo, where as the previous models had their own individual character

I always liked the look of the previous XC90 but again, like many other cars, they are all starting to morph into indistinctive lookalikes of other manufacturers.

I was forced to change car at short notice at the start of July and my main search criteria was

1. NOT FRENCH!!
2. EXTREMELY reliable
3. Not diesel
4. Automatic

Ended up getting a 3 year old Honda CRV

Only had it 6 weeks so far, and it is not the prettiest thing I will ever drive, but I already wished I had bought one 5 years ago instead of that pile of merde of a Citroen that was supposed to be MPV car of the year 2008.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Volvo XC90 on 17:54 - Aug 27 with 725 viewsJuzzie

Volvo XC90 on 17:09 - Aug 27 by A40Bosh

I always liked the look of the previous XC90 but again, like many other cars, they are all starting to morph into indistinctive lookalikes of other manufacturers.

I was forced to change car at short notice at the start of July and my main search criteria was

1. NOT FRENCH!!
2. EXTREMELY reliable
3. Not diesel
4. Automatic

Only had it 6 weeks so far, and it is not the prettiest thing I will ever drive, but I already wished I had bought one 5 years ago instead of that pile of merde of a Citroen that was supposed to be MPV car of the year 2008.

I bought a Subaru Forester recently. Ticks those criterias too. Not pretty either but does what it's meant to do. The AWD system is meant to be better than the Honda CRV, Toyota's etc. Seen some great arguments about it on forums as pro-Honda, pro-Toyota and pro-Subaru all bitching with each other about it!

As long as it doesn't break down and grips well when the weather gets crappy then fine by me.
Volvo XC90 on 18:03 - Aug 27 with 701 viewsted_hendrix

Volvo drivers are normally the pillocks that don't indicate at roundabouts or come to that don't indicate at all, Volvo drivers seem to have it stuck in their stupid heads that the middle lane of the motorway was designed just for them to amble along at 68mph boring every other road user to death with their own insignificance.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 18:03]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Volvo XC90 on 18:45 - Aug 27 with 672 viewsbarbicanranger

Volvo XC90 on 17:09 - Aug 27 by A40Bosh

1. NOT FRENCH!!
2. EXTREMELY reliable
3. Not diesel
4. Automatic

So true - the new Ford and Cherokee 4x4's out here in the US have left their classic US square cut design to copy the European designs - I think both look exactly like the BMW X5 - so unoriginal.

PS. the subaru forester - great car - very popular here in SF for getting up in to the sierras at the weekend - good choice!
Login to get fewer ads

Volvo XC90 on 19:13 - Aug 27 with 608 viewsexiled_dictator

Volvo XC90 on 18:03 - Aug 27 by ted_hendrix

Volvo drivers are normally the pillocks that don't indicate at roundabouts or come to that don't indicate at all, Volvo drivers seem to have it stuck in their stupid heads that the middle lane of the motorway was designed just for them to amble along at 68mph boring every other road user to death with their own insignificance.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 18:03]

think you're thinking of audi drivers there, ted.
i drive thousands of miles a year, and the idea that just volvo drivers don't indicate or drive at 68mph in the middle lane can be extended to absolutely every make and model today. i don't think that one brand or model are worse than others, but i do believe that people who drive german cars are more arrogant and less likely to let you out. just my opinion, you understand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024