Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timing of the commonwealth games 20:17 - Jul 26 with 1296 viewstimcocking

I'll be pissed off if Scotland break up our country. Our island is small enough as it is. Isn't it playing into the hands of the pro-independence lot to have the commonwealth games actually in Scotland right before the vote? Getting them at their most patriotic and competing directly against us on their home turf? The way I see it, we'd have much more chance of keeping Great Britain alive by having this vote after the Olympics, when we've been fighting for each other, not against each other. I also feel the Tory government aren't doing much to try to dissuade the Scots. Why should they? No Scotland means many less votes for labour.

I fear the Greatest nation ever and the Union Jack so many Brits have died for will soon be no more, and I for one will be absolutely gutted.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 20:34 - Jul 26 with 1276 viewsloftboy

Bollocks I'm English end of

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Timing of the commonwealth games on 20:35 - Jul 26 with 1274 viewsE17hoop

Vote was timed with the games, not the other way round.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Timing of the commonwealth games on 20:38 - Jul 26 with 1259 viewskensalriser

Never mind, it'll be another source of cheap foreign labour.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:04 - Jul 26 with 1225 viewsDWQPR

Bollôx to the Scots, they will realise when it is too late that independence is all about the ego of one man. They won't have a currency, the cost of borrowing will sore for them and they will be too reliant on oil and two banks both of which if they went bust again will wipe Scotland off the face of the economic earth. They will never be able to join the European Union as the Spanish will veto this in fear of the same cessation happening with some of their own regions. Within a decade they will be desperate to rejoin the union realising what a mess they have become. Any rich Scot will either move south or become a tax exile and as far as free university and prescription charges are concerned they won't last long.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:10 - Jul 26 with 1218 viewsdanehoop

Tim, my recollection was that so great was your love for this great island nations that you now live in S.E Asia.

Never knowingly understood

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1201 viewsRangersDave

They will soon come back begging bowl in hand when they realise they have no military, no jobs, no income and have to pay us back what they currently owe us.

Feck em

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1201 viewskropotkin41

Yeah nothing like a dyed in the wool patriot who lives in SE Asia!

Anyway, I haven't lived in England for 8 years or so (first France and now in Wales) and I hope the Scots vote for independence. I'm not British, I'm English, I have no idea what British means really, unless it's just someone who lives in these islands.

I'd go further to be honest and say actually I'm Southern English.......... I mean, it's definitely different on the other side of the Trent, let alone the Humber. What difference would it really make if Scotland became independent, Wales and Cornwall too if you like, and if every region had devolution? To most folks it'd make no difference at all. In the Low Countries people barely pay attention to frontiers; no-one's going to stop you at the Scottish border........

One very positive side would be that England (given the end of the UK) would hopefully stop playing silly bu**ers around the world, ditch the nukes sooner rather than later and never ever waste gazillions of pounds on bloomin aircraft carriers and other useless sh*t.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:32 - Jul 26 with 1178 viewsJigsore

I certainly like the sneaky tactics and the dishonesty of the SNP and pro independence camp but frankly if I were a scot i'd vote out too

this government are a bunch of c*nts and are determined to take us back to the dark ages, the previous government started a f*cking war over nothing despite the largest protest in history and i'm sick of it all. How could it be worse? so if they vote yes then fairplay

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:50 - Jul 26 with 1143 viewsAunt_Nelly

I think UK is better off with Scotland and I suspect the Libs/Lab/Tories know it too hence the big 'No'campaign and pretty much total agreement between MP's who'd do anything for half a chance of puting one over each other. However it should be the Jocks choice so if they vote out then laters and good luck to them.
Can't see it happening though. At least for a few more years anyway.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 22:15 - Jul 26 with 1089 viewstimcocking

Lol over here, I don't have health and safety fcuking with everything I do. And it's warmer. Ocean at 28 C all year round. Very attractive, friendly lasses. Cheap booze and drugs. They love football. Great, cheap food. No British media. Don't have to read about these tedious, talentless celebrities. Politicians are honest about their corruption. You can bribe the police. Massages, jungle, Tigers, Elephants. Boats, islands, monkeys. People smile; the Thai national saying is mai pen rai which means never mind. Other than that, I miss England. Britain I mean.

Thing is, I'm half Welsh and half Cornish (ban?), so I very much consider myself British. And when you live abroad, you are automatically an ambassador for your country really. Every nation in Asia loves the British number one (well, the English. They don't know what Britain is). They think we're a cross between Prince Harry, James Bond and David Beckham (I basically am, if you add Jim Morrisson to the list (he was Cornish)) and they think we treat people with more respect than any other nationality (they may reconsider that if they read this forum regularly) and they think we treat everybody equally and are nicer to women than any other nation. And I love the Union flag, it's awesome.

If Scotland do split, I vote we start firing rockets indiscriminately at the fcukers
Timing of the commonwealth games on 22:43 - Jul 26 with 1049 viewshamptonhillhoop

I think it's a difficult one for the Scots because alex salmond has finally got what he's always wanted but now it's big decision time. If they vote to stay they should all have to promise never to mention it again as they've had their chance and they blew it. I personally hope they vote to go as everyone can then be quiet about it and get on with their lives.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 22:48 - Jul 26 with 1042 viewsQPR442

Timing of the commonwealth games on 21:21 - Jul 26 by RangersDave

They will soon come back begging bowl in hand when they realise they have no military, no jobs, no income and have to pay us back what they currently owe us.

Feck em

Once we take the ship building back to Portsmouth the will come back cap in hand.
If they want to leave then they must leave the pound as well and we treat them like the rest of Europe. Jobs go to English first!
They give it the big one about inventing loads of stuff but where did they all go to University and get the funding? They all go on about Scotland but none of them live there?
If they want out, good luck but don't come back. Its England that makes all the money not Scotland.
Sorry but had enough of them. If they want out, just go.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 22:57 - Jul 26 with 1025 viewsHollowayRanger

no more scotland no more labour

that's win win as far as im concerned

just don't let them have the £1 don't let them compeate as part in anything that was part of the union treat them as a totally forigne country

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Timing of the commonwealth games on 09:09 - Jul 27 with 876 viewsDiscodroid

that handsome chap alex salmond reminds me of lord summerisle in the 'wicker man' , give it 1o years and due to his freakanomics the population will be making animal sacrifices along the royal mile so their crops wont fail, another five and and the pagan gods will only be sated with human sacrifice and pagan orgies in leith.

he'll take scotland back to the opening scene in' 2001', a diabolical narcissistic ,megalomaniac ....but intrestingly one devoid of charisma and charm which all bond villains have in abundance.

why do good people ecosse follow lothians very own david koresh /charles manson to the mother ship.

alex salmond 'the true nature of sacrifice'
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 9:10]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Timing of the commonwealth games on 09:58 - Jul 27 with 828 viewsganjR

Timing of the commonwealth games on 09:09 - Jul 27 by Discodroid

that handsome chap alex salmond reminds me of lord summerisle in the 'wicker man' , give it 1o years and due to his freakanomics the population will be making animal sacrifices along the royal mile so their crops wont fail, another five and and the pagan gods will only be sated with human sacrifice and pagan orgies in leith.

he'll take scotland back to the opening scene in' 2001', a diabolical narcissistic ,megalomaniac ....but intrestingly one devoid of charisma and charm which all bond villains have in abundance.

why do good people ecosse follow lothians very own david koresh /charles manson to the mother ship.

alex salmond 'the true nature of sacrifice'
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 9:10]

Personally, I think the vote will be NO.
If it is a YES, it'll be a vote against those cnts Cameron and Osbourne and the nasty tactics they've been using. It's almost like they want a YES vote (will keep them in power) but have to look like they are fighting for the NO result.
Reading some of the comments about Scotland and our people on here and other forums, winds me up.
Also, it's the GBP, not The English Pound. If we are supposedly equal, then why would England dictate who can and who can't have it? We may vote for independence, but we're not declaring fcking war. It seems that the gleeful rubbing of hands by some about, they'll have no currency, can't be in Europe, will have no jobs, economy will collapse... Is sick really.
Oh good, if they get independence, they'll all starve, serves them right!
As for this, you can't join Europe crap... We are in Europe, geographically. Ireland (in Europe) is West of us, Iceland etc. (Is North of us). I didn't know Spain was in charge of the EU, or are we all happy that England and Spain can use bullying tactics? Says alot about you if you do.
Why shouldn't we be independent? Because we are joint together and only have one border line? Maybe Gibraltar should be given back to Spain then? Oh no, course not because it's full of Brits. Not like Scotland is full of Scots is it? Oh.
At the end of the day, the only people who should have a say or care about the vote are Scots, those who are from Scotland or people of any nationality who live and work/study in Scotland.
Anyone else are just using it as an excuse to spit bile about a subject that means fck all to them.
Like I said, I personally think that together, but with more powers taken from Westminster and given to Hollyrood would be the best option, but I will support the voters no matter what they choose. It's their choice after all.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:15 - Jul 27 with 808 viewsThaiHoop

Timing of the commonwealth games on 22:15 - Jul 26 by timcocking

Lol over here, I don't have health and safety fcuking with everything I do. And it's warmer. Ocean at 28 C all year round. Very attractive, friendly lasses. Cheap booze and drugs. They love football. Great, cheap food. No British media. Don't have to read about these tedious, talentless celebrities. Politicians are honest about their corruption. You can bribe the police. Massages, jungle, Tigers, Elephants. Boats, islands, monkeys. People smile; the Thai national saying is mai pen rai which means never mind. Other than that, I miss England. Britain I mean.

Thing is, I'm half Welsh and half Cornish (ban?), so I very much consider myself British. And when you live abroad, you are automatically an ambassador for your country really. Every nation in Asia loves the British number one (well, the English. They don't know what Britain is). They think we're a cross between Prince Harry, James Bond and David Beckham (I basically am, if you add Jim Morrisson to the list (he was Cornish)) and they think we treat people with more respect than any other nationality (they may reconsider that if they read this forum regularly) and they think we treat everybody equally and are nicer to women than any other nation. And I love the Union flag, it's awesome.

If Scotland do split, I vote we start firing rockets indiscriminately at the fcukers

Amen to that!!!

(apart from the being British thing, I hate when people say I should write UK on immigration forms, I'm English, end of story!)
Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:32 - Jul 27 with 786 viewsonlyrinmoray

Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:15 - Jul 27 by ThaiHoop

Amen to that!!!

(apart from the being British thing, I hate when people say I should write UK on immigration forms, I'm English, end of story!)

Well unlike you guys sitting on the beach in Thailand I live in Scotland and Im English and I will be voting for independence If Scotland cock it up its up to them to sort it out at least we will have the power to do that But the important thing is I will still support QPR and still moan about the going ons at HQ like everyone else on here
Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:45 - Jul 27 with 761 viewswillis1980

If Scotland do vote to go, they won't immediately be in the eu so their citizens shouldn't be eligible to work in england. Will we have hoards of scots enrolling in phoney language schools claiming to be learning English? So that they can work here just like the brazilians do.

I don't care much for Scotland, I feel as close to its people as I do to the French tbh. Scotland could disappear down a dark hole for all that I care
Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:56 - Jul 27 with 753 viewsloftboy

Loads of country's trade using the US dollar, surely if Scotland wants to use the £ then surely there's nothing to stop them, i do consider myself English but have no grudge with Scotland or it's citizens at all, independence will have no real bearing other than political on any of us here, so what's the problem?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:57 - Jul 27 with 751 viewsonlyrinmoray

Timing of the commonwealth games on 10:45 - Jul 27 by willis1980

If Scotland do vote to go, they won't immediately be in the eu so their citizens shouldn't be eligible to work in england. Will we have hoards of scots enrolling in phoney language schools claiming to be learning English? So that they can work here just like the brazilians do.

I don't care much for Scotland, I feel as close to its people as I do to the French tbh. Scotland could disappear down a dark hole for all that I care

Thats the problem willis David Cameron And his assistant feel the same way
Timing of the commonwealth games on 11:10 - Jul 27 with 731 viewsMrSheen

If I was a Scot and in my 20s, I would be 100% in favour of independence, as I could dream of being oor man in Bangkok, or the Lord High Minister of Country Dancing (Mhairi, I must inspect your glutes). If I was in my 50s, and no longer eligible for these lofty positions, I would worry that the elevation of national dignity wasn't worth the cost. But I'm not a Scot, so I have no say in the matter. i doubt it will affect my life greatly either way.
Timing of the commonwealth games on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 713 viewsTHEBUSH

I was born and bred in Shepherds Bush of English parents, can't get more English than that.

Saying that, I've never felt particularly English or British, more of a man of this world, we live in.

Although, I do also feel European and believe in the EU, although I also realize it needs changes.

OK, I also believe in a united Great Britain, long may it reign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024