Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero staying 10:15 - Jul 18 with 5636 viewsWeaverQPR

Wants to stay. Smashing lad hope he has a good season.From HR press conf.

@WeavQPR

Granero staying on 10:16 - Jul 18 with 3106 viewsrosseeles

im sure he said literally 2 days ago him and adel would be or wanted to leave?

glad if hes staying though, would like to see him have another go
Granero staying on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 3059 viewsWeaverQPR

Like to see him play alot further forward

@WeavQPR

Granero staying on 10:24 - Jul 18 with 3028 viewsfacto

we gave joey another chance n he came good......lets give the boy granerro another.....welcome back !
Granero staying on 10:26 - Jul 18 with 3009 viewsFDC

Potentially massive.
Granero staying on 10:28 - Jul 18 with 3000 viewsGloucs_R

Good, can play in the role Nico did last season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Granero staying on 10:35 - Jul 18 with 2935 viewsPommyhoop

If Steve Black can get him back into 'the zone' he was in when he first came here it would be immense..
Good news...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Granero staying on 10:38 - Jul 18 with 2912 viewsToast_R

Great, more powder puff performances from the man who couldn't keep his head when all about him were losing theirs.

There's very much the story of "The Little Red Hen" about this bloke.
Granero staying on 10:40 - Jul 18 with 2894 views08olesen

Great news.

No idea where his best position is though. Personally i dont think he has the pace to play in the Adel/ Morrison role right behind the striker and i also dont see him as a wide midfielder or a holding midfielder.

I think he needs to be a box to box midfielder playing in front of Barton. so almost like a 5131. From there he can hopefully act like a metronome and keep everything ticking over, because last year we just lacked that creative passer which he may well be.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

Granero staying on 10:48 - Jul 18 with 2833 viewsbosh67

Agree, he needs to play further forward. Given that he is close mates with Ale and others now perhaps we should put his first season down to the fact he didn't know the language, culture etc and perhaps now we will see the real player. Although I was hugely disappointed with him first time, he's a young guy and obviously a talent. Now we have a more settled squad that cares about each other this is good news. He knows the players, the club and the fans will take him under their wing. He will be fine and I am glad he is here because it solves part of the midfield creative issue if Ale can' t play every game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Granero staying on 10:51 - Jul 18 with 2805 viewsdaveB

He was excellent for the first month he was here but then his confidence went and he dropped deeper and deeper every week. I'd look to move him on though
Granero staying on 10:52 - Jul 18 with 2797 viewsDiscodroid

mmmmmmmmmm, tell you what im not adverse to this.

praise be a miracle,

'for it would be a great sin to spill estebans holy seed upon barren ground'

ezeikel chapter 2:13

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Granero staying on 10:55 - Jul 18 with 2780 viewsRANGERS4EVER

He has quality. If we can get it out of him, in a much better team, it will be like a new signing

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Granero staying on 10:57 - Jul 18 with 2764 viewsQPR_John

Granero staying on 10:38 - Jul 18 by Toast_R

Great, more powder puff performances from the man who couldn't keep his head when all about him were losing theirs.

There's very much the story of "The Little Red Hen" about this bloke.

"Great, more powder puff performances from the man who couldn't keep his head when all about him were losing theirs. "

So if all were losing their heads why pick on him
Granero staying on 11:01 - Jul 18 with 2742 viewslondonscottish

Granero staying on 10:55 - Jul 18 by RANGERS4EVER

He has quality. If we can get it out of him, in a much better team, it will be like a new signing

Agree

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Granero staying on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 2700 viewsDiscodroid

Granero staying on 11:01 - Jul 18 by londonscottish

Agree

magic avatar !!

+1

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Granero staying on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 2705 viewswestberksr

he looked good until it all fell apart at home to Wet Spam. him and Ale trying to battle against their midfield thugsome threesome; was like putting kids out against adults. Cisse and BZ (iirc) stood up top waiting for service that was never going to arrive from SWP and Park on the wings.

until then he'd looked pretty good and the first half at Spuds was one of the best displays by a middle 2 that i'd seen for ages.

withthe right back up from a destroyer in the middle t could still work for him despite being a tad lightweight.
Granero staying on 11:18 - Jul 18 with 2629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure what wages he's on (yes that old chestnut again, but it is a worry) but I've enjoyed watching him when he's on it.

If we play 5-3-2 or 3-52, then I think it would help him and he could show good form. But if we go 4-4-2 then I'd be worried for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Granero staying on 11:18 - Jul 18 with 2630 viewsLowerloftLad

Do rio turns up and are granero changed his mind okay if he is really up for it and wants to prove people wrong then why buy more players he knows the players so keep him and let him battle joey won't let granero just wimp off and the pair together could be a good partnership

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Granero staying on 11:23 - Jul 18 with 2583 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Redknapp has told the press he's staying, i'd assume Granero will be sold within the next week!!!

Could be useful if he does stay though, he has clearly shown ability over his career and we have a lot more leadership in this team that the relegation season (Barton, Rio, Green, Hill, Dunne etc) when he just floundered.

I still reckon as part of a midfield trio with Barton plus one of Faurlin/Henry/Fer behind a trio of Hoillett, Austin & Phillips could be decent.
Granero staying on 11:33 - Jul 18 with 2506 viewsWeaverQPR

Lets not forget Hughes didnt have a scooby where to play any of these names that he signed we also had no style of play. Granero might be suited to our slow possession based style that wr had last season.

@WeavQPR

Granero staying on 11:50 - Jul 18 with 2434 viewsToast_R

Granero staying on 10:57 - Jul 18 by QPR_John

"Great, more powder puff performances from the man who couldn't keep his head when all about him were losing theirs. "

So if all were losing their heads why pick on him

Because the others have all p*ssed off out of it, he came with a reputation and a high fee. Sorry but if we are struggling again this season I don't want to see him posing over free kicks like he's Rivellino before whacking it out for a throw or not clearing the first defender.

Where was Granero when we were trying to get promoted last season eh?
That's right, he saw it all too beneath himself and now the loaf's been baked again,he wants in? That's good of him...

Well I'm sorry Mr El Pirate or whatever kind of silly name that is.. you've got a lot to prove before I start whooping for joy at the return of some unlucky hero. Your performance against MK Dons which I turned up for with enthusiasm and vitality, was a f*cking disgrace and completely stank the place out.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 11:56]
Granero staying on 11:53 - Jul 18 with 2415 viewsThGrimRanger

lots of positivity but..

1) he was utter, utter pants for us in 2012-13
2) he's had a cruciate knee rupture since then
3) no-one in La Liga was tempted

why do so many think he could be an asset this season?

TheGrimRanger

Granero staying on 11:59 - Jul 18 with 2367 viewsWokingR

Granero staying on 11:18 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure what wages he's on (yes that old chestnut again, but it is a worry) but I've enjoyed watching him when he's on it.

If we play 5-3-2 or 3-52, then I think it would help him and he could show good form. But if we go 4-4-2 then I'd be worried for him.

I love the idea of playing 3 at the back and 52 up front
What a massive advantage
Why has no one thought of this before
Granero staying on 12:00 - Jul 18 with 2364 viewsSamegmol

Didn't we play Carol regularly last year in a similar role to the one that Granero could/would play?
Granero staying on 12:01 - Jul 18 with 2353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Granero staying on 11:59 - Jul 18 by WokingR

I love the idea of playing 3 at the back and 52 up front
What a massive advantage
Why has no one thought of this before

Ya, but where's the midfield, eh?

Bloody route one.....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024