Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker & Fer's Opinion 16:17 - Aug 25 with 1757 viewsted_hendrix

Queens Park Rangers were "poor" and "weak" in their 4-0 defeat against Tottenham on Sunday, according to defender Steven Caulker.
Spurs were 3-0 up at half-time, thanks to a Nacer Chadli brace and Eric Dier's second goal in as many matches, before Emmanuel Adebayor added a fourth.
"We were second to everything all over the pitch and we paid the price," said centre-back Caulker, 22.
"It was a poor, poor showing and there are no excuses."

Newly-promoted Rangers are bottom of the Premier League after two matches following their opening-day defeat at home to Hull.
They travel to Burton in the League Cup on Wednesday night before welcoming Sunderland to Loftus Road on Saturday, and Caulker, who joined QPR from Cardiff City in July, is hoping to see a better performance than they showed at White Hart Lane.
"We know we have got to be better than that this year," the one-cap England international said. "We hope that will be the lowest point of the season.
"There is no hiding and we definitely have to go and be better against Sunderland at home. We have personal pride and it was not evident, we were weak all over the pitch.
"If we are going to stay in this league we are going to have to be a little bit stronger and more passionate at times."
Midfielder Leroy Fer, an £8m signing from Norwich, echoed Caulker's sentiments: "We had to fight and we didn't - it was a shock.
"We have to look forward to Wednesday and stick together. We have a great squad."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 16:47 - Aug 25 with 1643 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I thought Caulker has looked quite good so far. I know we conceded four goals but i do think he was alright. Fer will also get much better with more fitness and game time. Poor game yesterday but I'm still positive we have a team good enough to stay up

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 16:48 - Aug 25 with 1641 viewsLblock

So this week it's Ned, Caulker and Fer's turn to trot out the same shite that we got every week last time we were up here.
Different players same rot week after week

Stop saying it, just fcukin do it!!!

Who's turn next week?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 1563 viewseghamranger

Would prefer it if they stopped messing about doing initiation songs and ice bucket challenges and put their effort and concentration into their job and being better at it!!
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 1517 viewsbarabajagal

I get frustrated. It's good that players admit their failings, however, one question that seems to remain unanswered is why? So why we're the players "second to everything"? Why was it a "poor, poor showing"? I could have told you that, I fact, I told that to my wife by the third minute. that is why I look forward to the LFWs match write up, at least we tend to get some analysis of what went wrong. But it would be nice for someone at the club to offer a decent analysis too. I wonder what Clint Hill thought of it all? Actually, I have a pretty good idea.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:31 - Aug 25 with 1502 viewsWeaverQPR

Its only words but words are all i have.......................

@WeavQPR

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:34 - Aug 25 with 1490 viewsbaz_qpr

The answer I suspect is that they are having to think about their position, think about where the person playing next to them is, because they:
a) Are not experienced with the system (and are therefore playing out of position)
b) Have a load of new faces thrown in and (Phillips playing out of position)

That all requires thinking time and at this level against the best sides they don't have thinking time, anyway that IMHO is why they were 2nd to everything, not a case of not trying more a case of not being prepared in order to do what they need to
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:36 - Aug 25 with 1480 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree with people's frustration, but let's deal with some of the above. Firstly, players have to come out and talk after games - it's probably contractual that someone has to do it. Secondly, if they said nothing, we'd probably be a bit annoyed. It is annoying, but there's very little else they can say. If it winds you up that much, don't read it. If you get annoyed by Sky's hype of transfer deadline day - don't watch it. I have no interest in footballer platitudes and cliches, so i never really bother listening to post match reaction.

Thirdly, I do laugh at things like 'they should stop doing 'this' or 'that' and concentrate on getting better.' It's a silly point of view really, because they can't spend 24 hours on the training pitch. I don't know why people expect players to be football robots, who train 10 hours a day, go home, eat a perfect meal, have an early night, then get up and do the same again. It's unrealistic. We complained the season before last about there being no team spirit, well, as silly as ice bloody bucket challenges and singing contests are, they are also the sort of thing that help bond a team, create, oh god, 'banter' and so forth. It all helps. They're not going to join a book club, you know.

I know it's frustration, but let's try and be a bit fair.

Bare bones.

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:37 - Aug 25 with 1477 viewsbarabajagal

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:34 - Aug 25 by baz_qpr

The answer I suspect is that they are having to think about their position, think about where the person playing next to them is, because they:
a) Are not experienced with the system (and are therefore playing out of position)
b) Have a load of new faces thrown in and (Phillips playing out of position)

That all requires thinking time and at this level against the best sides they don't have thinking time, anyway that IMHO is why they were 2nd to everything, not a case of not trying more a case of not being prepared in order to do what they need to

Yep, I accept that, and they certainly looked clueless most of the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 1472 viewsWeaverQPR

Looks a case of too much too soon with new players, new formation

@WeavQPR

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:01 - Aug 25 with 1401 viewseghamranger

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:36 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with people's frustration, but let's deal with some of the above. Firstly, players have to come out and talk after games - it's probably contractual that someone has to do it. Secondly, if they said nothing, we'd probably be a bit annoyed. It is annoying, but there's very little else they can say. If it winds you up that much, don't read it. If you get annoyed by Sky's hype of transfer deadline day - don't watch it. I have no interest in footballer platitudes and cliches, so i never really bother listening to post match reaction.

Thirdly, I do laugh at things like 'they should stop doing 'this' or 'that' and concentrate on getting better.' It's a silly point of view really, because they can't spend 24 hours on the training pitch. I don't know why people expect players to be football robots, who train 10 hours a day, go home, eat a perfect meal, have an early night, then get up and do the same again. It's unrealistic. We complained the season before last about there being no team spirit, well, as silly as ice bloody bucket challenges and singing contests are, they are also the sort of thing that help bond a team, create, oh god, 'banter' and so forth. It all helps. They're not going to join a book club, you know.

I know they need down time and I can understand that but Maybe just not put it all over the website at the moment as we are not performing on the pitch.

We all pay a lot for tickets, travel, club shop bits, programmes etc

The great thing for us is that with the experience of the staff and players like Barton,Ferdinand, Hill etc they will sit down, talk about the system and sort it out. The last thing they want is failure and relegation. After 2 games there is no need to panic, but I expect to see a vast improvement on sat.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:05 - Aug 25 with 1391 viewsBklynRanger

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:39 - Aug 25 by WeaverQPR

Looks a case of too much too soon with new players, new formation

That's how I saw it, which doesn't mean all is lost.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:12 - Aug 25 with 1363 viewsRuislipHoop

Actions speak louder than words,words we see to here from a different squad of players every year.
Blah blah blah.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:22 - Aug 25 with 1331 viewsTacticalR

We are all tired of the same old excuses, and would like to see new and interesting excuses. Perhaps the players could work with the media team on this?

Air hostess clique

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 1303 viewsPinnerPaul

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 17:36 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Well put
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:30 - Aug 25 with 1301 viewsLblock

Unrealistic expectations?

I can think of 40 or 50,000 reasons a week for me to expect more of these fcukers

When I ran teams the minimum expectation was every player to work to his maximum and not let his team mate alongside him down. We were lucky as the majority of us good friends and still are to this day. The ability was there, couple of lads on contract played in the FA Cup etc, but our spirit and effort never in doubt.

Forgive me if I expect a team i pay good money to see actually get close to a man or maybe even have a bit of gumption to maybe commit a niggly foul to break up a FOURTY EIGHT pass move

If we see a reaction throughout the season from here in then maybe Saturday will be forgiven but that body language and post match media bollox worries me immensley

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:53 - Aug 25 with 1243 viewsRuislipHoop

The same subjects every august,I know it's been mentioned in various threads but I for one am getting fed up with Groundhog Day.
I long for a team similar to Hill Derry Bircham Gallen Rowlands and H etc.
Players who maybe not be the best but gave there all.
The last two and half years have been so disappointing.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 19:23 - Aug 25 with 1167 viewsdubaistu

We were shite for the following reasons:

1) a back three which started are not suited to this formation and have never played in a back three

2) the back three are too slow to even play in a back three. Some of Rio's defending was embarrassing

3) two lads had debuts, one after his extended summer and wedding, the other after a long summer break

4) set pieces are just rubbish and have been since Akos Buszaky left the club

5) poor decisions taken in front of goal - Phillips and the Caulker header for example

We're good enough to stay in this division playing 4-4-2 and without Harry in charge. I don't know any club in this day and age that would accept a manager stating he would have retired had HE not had another crack at the BPL.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 22:18 - Aug 25 with 1005 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 18:30 - Aug 25 by Lblock

Unrealistic expectations?

I can think of 40 or 50,000 reasons a week for me to expect more of these fcukers

When I ran teams the minimum expectation was every player to work to his maximum and not let his team mate alongside him down. We were lucky as the majority of us good friends and still are to this day. The ability was there, couple of lads on contract played in the FA Cup etc, but our spirit and effort never in doubt.

Forgive me if I expect a team i pay good money to see actually get close to a man or maybe even have a bit of gumption to maybe commit a niggly foul to break up a FOURTY EIGHT pass move

If we see a reaction throughout the season from here in then maybe Saturday will be forgiven but that body language and post match media bollox worries me immensley

Who said you had unrealistic expectations about things like that?

We were talking about what players say in press conferences weren't we?

Bare bones.

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 22:29 - Aug 25 with 982 viewsLblock

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 22:18 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Who said you had unrealistic expectations about things like that?

We were talking about what players say in press conferences weren't we?

What causes them to have to roll out that scripted rot though?

I'd suggest what they produce and how the team are managed and coached
Ergo... bu11shit

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 22:32 - Aug 25 with 964 viewsWestonsuperR

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 16:48 - Aug 25 by Lblock

So this week it's Ned, Caulker and Fer's turn to trot out the same shite that we got every week last time we were up here.
Different players same rot week after week

Stop saying it, just fcukin do it!!!

Who's turn next week?

Agree but players pretty much have to say something, I actually thought Caulker came across quite well and seemed genuinely upset. Also agree that the Ice Bucket challenges and initiations look very silly now that we were so poor.
Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 07:20 - Aug 26 with 764 viewsLoft1979

Caulker & Fer's Opinion on 22:32 - Aug 25 by WestonsuperR

Agree but players pretty much have to say something, I actually thought Caulker came across quite well and seemed genuinely upset. Also agree that the Ice Bucket challenges and initiations look very silly now that we were so poor.

So what could I say that might add anything to this banter...

My thought is would this debate be as sharp if we had beaten Hull? We had more shots, more chances and dominated more in THAT game than virtually any game last year. If we at least took a point ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024