Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is QPR 22:00 - Aug 24 with 451 viewsCFW

We all look forward to match day and it is so, so disappointing when our team turns out a sub-standard performance. No one in their right mind would say that performance today was acceptable but really do think we need to take a step back and think about the long term aspirations for the season.

During the past week most of us have been very happy with the players we have added to our squad and with the appointment of GH. My view is perhaps we all expected to much from the new players and the new formation. Clearly there are issues that need to be sorted out as soon as possible but we really should have won against Hull and ok we got well beat today. Last season Spurs got beat by four or more six times - at home as well so we are not alone.

One thing that really stands out at this level is you just cannot give the ball away cheaply in poor positions. Watching other games on Match of the Day the amount of times teams are punished when the ball is given away cheaply is quite staggering.

I cannot wait for the bloody transfer window to shut so we can concentrate on the matter in hand - playing good football to the best if out ability. We are going to play better teams than a Spurs during the season but we will also play teams that are more at our level - these are the games we need to win.

Calling for HR to go is crazy, he got us back up at the first attempt albeit via the play offs - look at the championship this year already and see just what a tough division it is to get out of especially at the first try. We have to take our chances when they come and so far in both games we have failed to do so but this will change once the players get fitter and used to playing with each other.

There are positives we all commented on these last week perhaps today was more of a reality check. Trust me there are many other teams in the division that are at our level - watched them on theTV yesterday and today.

All we are looking to do is to stay in this division and I think we will but it will be a rough ride because we are QPR!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024