Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And some in here said... 03:52 - Sep 28 with 2116 viewsQPR_ARG

...that Charlie Austin is not good enough for this league!

That was some goal!

If Zlatan had done that, legions of fans and journos would be going out of their minds and bombarding us with quotes to tell us how fantastic his goal was.

Superb coordination. Incredible instinct. Gorgeous control, turn and finish.

Loved it!

His best goal for QPR yet.

It's not him that's not good enough for this league, it's the team around him.
And some in here said... on 06:34 - Sep 28 with 2064 viewsLoft1979

Arg. Spent a lot of time showing my stepson QPR highlights. Charlie has scored some realy nice goals. Charlton comes to mind.
And some in here said... on 06:46 - Sep 28 with 2054 viewshoopdog

And some say Charlie still needs to study Crouch's effect on the overall game , yeah it was a good goal but good goals alone dont win games
And some in here said... on 11:26 - Sep 28 with 1865 viewsCHUBBS

Its fcuking embarrassing that on every match thread there are a few sheep questioning the ability of one of the most instinctively natural goal scorers we've ever had.
The man is awesome and we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for him yet certain people can't wait to jump on the negative bandwagon following others because they ain't got the guts to think for them selves and give the man time and support.
My biggest worry is if anything should happen to him,where the hell our goal threat will come from?
And some in here said... on 11:54 - Sep 28 with 1836 viewshoopdog

And some in here said... on 11:26 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

Its fcuking embarrassing that on every match thread there are a few sheep questioning the ability of one of the most instinctively natural goal scorers we've ever had.
The man is awesome and we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for him yet certain people can't wait to jump on the negative bandwagon following others because they ain't got the guts to think for them selves and give the man time and support.
My biggest worry is if anything should happen to him,where the hell our goal threat will come from?

What is fcuking embarrassing is some people wont have a word against Charlie and cant wait to defend him against constructive criticism , all I was stating was it was a good goal but I would like more all round play ie Crouch last week then I could see the tap ins the odd deflecting going in off his rrss going in.
you're just far too quick
And some in here said... on 12:08 - Sep 28 with 1812 viewsCHUBBS

And some in here said... on 11:54 - Sep 28 by hoopdog

What is fcuking embarrassing is some people wont have a word against Charlie and cant wait to defend him against constructive criticism , all I was stating was it was a good goal but I would like more all round play ie Crouch last week then I could see the tap ins the odd deflecting going in off his rrss going in.
you're just far too quick

Constructive criticism?????
The blokes played 5 games at this level after developing his game in the lower leagues and you don't feel the need to give him a chance to adapt his before criticizing his performances?
Its taken Crouch years of Premier League experience to play the way he does,he certainly wasn't doing it after 6 games but who knows if he'd listened to you all those years ago he may have been at Barcelona.
Charlie has earnt his place in our side,always gives his all and until that changes i won't be criticizing him.
BTW it wasn't a personal dig at you,its just tiring hearing the same people who were clamoring for him toward the end of last season now having a dig.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 13:06]
And some in here said... on 12:11 - Sep 28 with 1797 viewsessextaxiboy

I know he is injured but Danny Ings hasnt scored in the Prem yet . He had plenty of admirers on LFW last year

It will be interesting to see how him and Charlie compare at the end .
And some in here said... on 12:34 - Sep 28 with 1749 viewsWadR

And some in here said... on 12:08 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

The blokes played 5 games at this level after developing his game in the lower leagues and you don't feel the need to give him a chance to adapt his before criticizing his performances?
Its taken Crouch years of Premier League experience to play the way he does,he certainly wasn't doing it after 6 games but who knows if he'd listened to you all those years ago he may have been at Barcelona.
Charlie has earnt his place in our side,always gives his all and until that changes i won't be criticizing him.
BTW it wasn't a personal dig at you,its just tiring hearing the same people who were clamoring for him toward the end of last season now having a dig.

What's wrong with criticising his performances? Yes, he's scored 2 in 5, which is a great return so far (especially in a team that creates as little as we do). And yes he's only played 5 games at this level. But why does that make him exempt from criticism?

I love Charlie, and I'm not saying he shouldn't start or that he's played badly this season. But his all round game still has pretty glaring weaknesses. He doesn't win enough in the air IMO and often, his reactions and touch in open play are a little slow/heavy.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 12:35]
And some in here said... on 12:36 - Sep 28 with 1742 viewshoopdog

And some in here said... on 12:08 - Sep 28 by CHUBBS

Are you telling us you wouldn't like to see Charlie in the mixer more often cos that's where he was when he scored that goal and if he gets in there more often he's going to frighten the life out of defenders if they think he's capable of doing just that ,pundits on motd raved about the winner , but for me Charlie's goal was technically far better as it took 2 pieces of skill in a crowded box yet as spectacular as the winner looked it's still one shot hit and hope
Oh and btw after all these years I still haven't see one as good as clever Trever's
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 12:55]
Login to get fewer ads

And some in here said... on 13:05 - Sep 28 with 1689 viewsCHUBBS

And some in here said... on 12:34 - Sep 28 by WadR

What's wrong with criticising his performances? Yes, he's scored 2 in 5, which is a great return so far (especially in a team that creates as little as we do). And yes he's only played 5 games at this level. But why does that make him exempt from criticism?

I love Charlie, and I'm not saying he shouldn't start or that he's played badly this season. But his all round game still has pretty glaring weaknesses. He doesn't win enough in the air IMO and often, his reactions and touch in open play are a little slow/heavy.

I'm sure he's always trying to improve his all round game and while you're entitled to your opinion,stating the bleeding obvious about a young player who has never played at this level before is pointless.
He doesn't need criticism from his own fans while he's still learning the game.
He'll get there,it comes with experience and doesn't happen overnight.
He just needs TIME to improve his performances.
And some in here said... on 13:07 - Sep 28 with 1682 viewsBAWHoops

Charlie Austin has stepped up to every level he has played at.
By the end of the season his link up play will have improved because Charlie Austin never shirks away from a challenge.
I would be surprised if he is still with us at the start of 2015/16 whatever division we may be in

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

And some in here said... on 13:11 - Sep 28 with 1673 viewsCHUBBS

And some in here said... on 12:36 - Sep 28 by hoopdog

Are you telling us you wouldn't like to see Charlie in the mixer more often cos that's where he was when he scored that goal and if he gets in there more often he's going to frighten the life out of defenders if they think he's capable of doing just that ,pundits on motd raved about the winner , but for me Charlie's goal was technically far better as it took 2 pieces of skill in a crowded box yet as spectacular as the winner looked it's still one shot hit and hope
Oh and btw after all these years I still haven't see one as good as clever Trever's
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 12:55]

There's no point in him hanging round the box when we're camped in our own half.
I don't think the service has been particularly good hence the reason he spends so much time in the middle of the park helping out.
The midfield currently isn't creating much especially from wide areas and as we all know he thrives on crosses into the box.
And some in here said... on 15:40 - Sep 28 with 1578 viewsdenhamhoop2

Wonderful goal yesterday and yes he does have flaws in his game.The fact is he looked far better when we actually played two up front and got Nico into a position to find him.If you are a betting man Charlie is the only man to bet on to score for QPR .Tempted we should use the old City song of Feed the Goat and he will score.Feed Charlie and he will score.Now if only we had 2 wingers who can cross the ball he would score lots of goals.
And some in here said... on 16:34 - Sep 28 with 1513 viewsjamois

I remember saying he's great, will score goals, but we have to provide the chances as he's not got enough tricks to make his own. I'll keep saying it every week if he keeps scoring those. Is there a 'humble pie' smiley?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

And some in here said... on 17:23 - Sep 28 with 1449 viewsEalingRanger

Charlie reminds me of Diego Milito, quite slow, not a huge amount to his game outside the penalty area but he can make something out of nothing inside it. Thoroughbred goalscorer.
And some in here said... on 17:27 - Sep 28 with 1439 viewsWestbourneR

Was a great goal and he will score if we get the ball in the box BUT in the Prem you need more about your game.

For all those crowing about how has proved he's more than good enough - was he as good as Pelle or Mane? In my opinion, no. And they had Long on the bench.

That's the level we need.

I think Austin is more than good enough to be in our squad, and often start. But to not have several other options, with pace, to provide proper competition and support is CRIMINAL. And we're going down because of it.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

And some in here said... on 18:53 - Sep 28 with 1342 viewsQPR_ARG

And some in here said... on 17:23 - Sep 28 by EalingRanger

Charlie reminds me of Diego Milito, quite slow, not a huge amount to his game outside the penalty area but he can make something out of nothing inside it. Thoroughbred goalscorer.

Diego is now playing at my Argentine side (where he hailed from too): Racing Club.

I think it's a good comparison you're making here.

Diego was a late blossomer and I think it was a crime he wasn't given a proper run at the national team. Ever.

I think people here are unfairly dismissing Charlie's off-the-ball game or what have you, but the most important aspects of any good striker's game, Charlie havethem.

He will only get better as he adapts to the new environment. The only worry is how badly the team around him is playing.

He'll get more chances and a lot better service once Adel is restored and reassumes his role as this team's best player by some distance. His talent will open up room for Charlie and Vargas (who was played as a midfielder yesterday. He played a good game, but trust me...it's not there wide on the left where you really want him to be. It's off the main striker where he'll do more damage).
And some in here said... on 19:42 - Sep 28 with 1277 viewsWestbourneR

Arg I hear what you're saying but I do think he's got to find a little bit more finesse, a bit more dummy and move. He's good but he's often quite predictable with the ball at feet and Prem defenders gobble him him.

Lambert ended up doing very well but his touch and link play really grew as he went up the divisions.

I am also glad you've got so much faith in Vargas, you've obviously seen how good he can be, because he is 6 out of 10 for me at the moment at best.

And some in here said... on 19:57 - Sep 28 with 1249 viewsTheBlob

And some in here said... on 19:42 - Sep 28 by WestbourneR

Arg I hear what you're saying but I do think he's got to find a little bit more finesse, a bit more dummy and move. He's good but he's often quite predictable with the ball at feet and Prem defenders gobble him him.

Lambert ended up doing very well but his touch and link play really grew as he went up the divisions.

I am also glad you've got so much faith in Vargas, you've obviously seen how good he can be, because he is 6 out of 10 for me at the moment at best.

You're a hard man to please.
With a bit of luck Charlie could have a couple - he's still not fully recovered from injury.
Oh,and Vargas put him in twice after sustaining a nasty gash on the head.He'll be a good foil for Charlie.
If you've got a forward who only scores for a living I'll go with that.You never got much approachwork from Defoe.Finesse?You don't get extra points for sticking the ball in the net ffrom an entrechat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

And some in here said... on 20:53 - Sep 28 with 1166 viewsPunteR

I've questioned Austins ability in the prem,can he make the step up but that goal was an absolute peach.
He will score more goals in the premier league provided he gets the service.
Our defense looks shocking.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

And some in here said... on 21:23 - Sep 28 with 1123 viewsWestbourneR

It was a hell of a goal from Charlie gotta say. Loved it.

The lack of pace is bit a problem. He's not got quick feet.

Love the lad though I really hope he grows and grows into a proper player at this level.

And some in here said... on 22:50 - Sep 28 with 1053 viewsQPR_ARG

And some in here said... on 19:42 - Sep 28 by WestbourneR

Vargas is suffering from the same problem: a team that's not very prepared.

Add to that, he was played out of position yesterday.

So the main thing that will stand out for him will always be the effort and attitude.

But for effort an attitude we have limited players like Barton or Karl Henry. Players who you can't really ask or expect something special.

In Vargas' case, that something special is goals and chances for team-mates.

Play him in his best position, work your team to improve it and THEN see the results.

Our manager is not doing a lot of things the right way, I'm afraid to say.
And some in here said... on 22:57 - Sep 28 with 1039 viewsEalingRanger

I just think it's way too early to write off a player who single-handedly (basically) dragged us to promotion last season. And after only six games.
And some in here said... on 09:15 - Sep 29 with 917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd be very hopeful that Austin will prove himself equal to the challenge of stepping up a level, and that he'll do so comfortably.

Excellent goal on Saturday, and taken with a confidence that suggests he's not in the least bit overawed by this league.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

And some in here said... on 10:40 - Sep 29 with 866 viewsQPunkR

And some in here said... on 12:34 - Sep 28 by WadR

"He doesn't win enough in the air"??

We've only ever gotten six good crosses into the box in his entire time at QPR!! He's great in the air, only we could possibly find a way to play to him without playing to his strengths.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024