Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant point 14:46 - Sep 20 with 3939 viewsLewes_r

Second best but picking up points. I'll take that at the mo

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Brilliant point on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 3930 viewsHooparoo

Agree. Point gained.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Brilliant point on 14:51 - Sep 20 with 3901 viewsQPRMUSO

Agree. I thought our passing was better this week. We should have had two penalties from Shawcross holding in the box.
Brilliant point on 14:53 - Sep 20 with 3879 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not great, but I agree that the point was well-earned. Factor in our injuries and the foul on Ferdinand for their first, and a point was a decent enough return.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brilliant point on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 3856 viewsTheBlob

We were very poor but the draw felt more like a victory than a defeat.
Would rather be waterboarded than watch too much of that sort of performance though.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brilliant point on 15:01 - Sep 20 with 3820 viewstoboboly

Thought we were terrible. Injuries didn't help but we should have been dead and buried in that game. Too many players going missing and not giving 100 percent. God knows what "training" we do during the week and when is 'Arry gonna bother standing up and changing things around?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Brilliant point on 15:02 - Sep 20 with 3816 viewsLoft1979

Probably not ethical, but like to see internet link to match,
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 15:06]
Brilliant point on 15:10 - Sep 20 with 3779 viewsHantsR

Interesting stats:

QPR 53% possession
21 shots, 5 on target
10 corners
6 fouls

Sjoke
47% possession
8 shots, 4 on target
1 corner
15 fouls

If this was a referendum, we'd have won!
Brilliant point on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 3738 viewsisawqpratwcity

not just a point, but a point nicked off hughes at the last minute.

also, two goals scored.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant point on 15:24 - Sep 20 with 3706 viewsTheBlob

People forget that Sjoke are a very efficient away side that had beaten Man City.They may well be the template for non top seven sides,pack the team with(mostly)7 foot plus humanoids.In which case step forward Tiny Pulis.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brilliant point on 15:25 - Sep 20 with 3695 viewsBklynRanger

Good point, atrocious performance.
Brilliant point on 15:52 - Sep 20 with 3640 viewsQPR_ARG

All these posts sum up what I thought during and after the game.

I also looked at the stats and they suggest a very different thing from what I felt. True that we had more "attempts" or "shots", but failing to remember a save made by Begovic (probably a late header by Fer -who I felt was going just wide but Begovic took no chances and deflected it for a corner-).

Green didn't have to make a lot of saves either, but a few of their efforts went really close of going in.

Felt we could have trailed by 3 before the break and we found that set-piece goal through Caulker.

Same story for the second half.

But we'll get relegated if we continue to play like this.
Brilliant point on 06:40 - Sep 22 with 3473 viewsLoft1979

Brilliant point on 15:10 - Sep 20 by HantsR

Interesting stats:

QPR 53% possession
21 shots, 5 on target
10 corners
6 fouls

Sjoke
47% possession
8 shots, 4 on target
1 corner
15 fouls

If this was a referendum, we'd have won!

Given stokes away form, the fact we have no strikers...(EPL type) , still finding chemistry...
Brilliant point on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 3335 viewssimmo

Brilliant point on 15:25 - Sep 20 by BklynRanger

Good point, atrocious performance.

Yep.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Brilliant point on 09:55 - Sep 22 with 3322 viewspaulparker

Good point , we got out of jail
by 60 minutes we gave up , we ran out of ideas and accepted defeat
shocking really

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brilliant point on 10:26 - Sep 22 with 3282 viewsdaveB

Brilliant point on 09:55 - Sep 22 by paulparker

Good point , we got out of jail
by 60 minutes we gave up , we ran out of ideas and accepted defeat
shocking really

I thought we kept going until the end, I didn't see any sign of giving up on 60 minutes from the players
Brilliant point on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 3271 viewspaulparker

Brilliant point on 10:26 - Sep 22 by daveB

I thought we kept going until the end, I didn't see any sign of giving up on 60 minutes from the players

We must have been watching different games DaveB
I cannot recall their keeper making a save 2nd half,
apart from the niko shout that went past the post we done nothing
men against boys
where was the urgency ?? we looked absolutely clueless and seemed to accept the defeat ,
even you Dave have to agree that we never looked liked scoring

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brilliant point on 14:52 - Sep 22 with 3181 viewskensalriser

I thought hughes handed us that point on a plate by (1) taking off Moses and (2) failing to curb his team's persistent fouling. Keeping Moses on probably would have given them a third goal while the fouling was always likely to result in a sending off and/or a free kick in a dangerous position.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brilliant point on 15:51 - Sep 22 with 3110 viewsJuzzie

My girlfriend has been to 4 QPR games (home to WBA Boxing Day 2012, lost 2-1 / away to Chelsea, won 1-0 / home to Middlesbro last season, won 2-0 and the Stoke game this Saturday).

She could see we were bereft of pace, bereft of ideas, bereft of any kind of movement bereft of anything. She noticed Vargas was frustarted that no-one was spotting his runs.

Seemed to me the Stoke players were more in tune with our players than our own team.

Despite the stats showing otherwise, we were fortunate to get a point. Yes, Stoke were playing their usual tricks but we were saying the same 2-3 years ago when bemoaning about Norwich etc.

Fk em, just do the same.

Hughes was saying afterwards about grappling in the box etc but just like Fergie and every other manager, never once have I heard them say "..... and I'll be putting a stop to it". Why should they when they're getting away with it and picking up points.

The officials have got to be tough and the just aren't

It's all very well us being the nice guys but we're going to get mugged week in, week out if we don't toughen up.

Brilliant point on 15:54 - Sep 22 with 3102 viewsBrightonhoop

Point's a point. Mustn't grumble 'Arry, mustn't grumble.

Errors aside it was not a bad match to watch. Although the holes in the Loft were almost as big as Rio ushering Crouch through at times.....
Brilliant point on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 2957 viewsonlyrinmoray

I was reasonably happy with a point on Saturday but after seeing Leicester Palace and W Broms performances on Sunday. I now realise we are the equal worst team in the league. Its gonna be a long hard season
Brilliant point on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 2941 viewsDylanP

Brilliant point on 10:30 - Sep 22 by paulparker

We must have been watching different games DaveB
I cannot recall their keeper making a save 2nd half,
apart from the niko shout that went past the post we done nothing
men against boys
where was the urgency ?? we looked absolutely clueless and seemed to accept the defeat ,
even you Dave have to agree that we never looked liked scoring

Not ony did we look like scoring, but you may recall that we actually DID score -- TWICE!

I don't agree at all that we looked defeated. Maybe its in the eye of the beholder. I always thought we could come back. We did it twice in this game. The last goal was superb, but it wasn't against the run of play. We held the ball well and passed around well. They had a few fast breaks, but I didn't find them very convincing. We were weak in the right back position, with Isla getting skinned twice for goals. Other than that, I think that the only "saves" that Green had to make were a couple of soft headers and a long range pot-shot. In a few weeks Isla will (hopefully) have gotten used to the speed of the English game and we will running out 2-0 winners in that sort of fixture.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Brilliant point on 21:52 - Sep 22 with 2895 viewsLoft1979

Brilliant point on 20:27 - Sep 22 by DylanP

Not ony did we look like scoring, but you may recall that we actually DID score -- TWICE!

I don't agree at all that we looked defeated. Maybe its in the eye of the beholder. I always thought we could come back. We did it twice in this game. The last goal was superb, but it wasn't against the run of play. We held the ball well and passed around well. They had a few fast breaks, but I didn't find them very convincing. We were weak in the right back position, with Isla getting skinned twice for goals. Other than that, I think that the only "saves" that Green had to make were a couple of soft headers and a long range pot-shot. In a few weeks Isla will (hopefully) have gotten used to the speed of the English game and we will running out 2-0 winners in that sort of fixture.

Victor Moses has made a living 'skinning ' right backs. On that note he epitomizes what we need a true winger. Phillips is the only one we have. .....not counting Junior and SWP.
Brilliant point on 22:01 - Sep 22 with 2878 viewskysersosaqpr

Brilliant point on 15:19 - Sep 20 by isawqpratwcity

not just a point, but a point nicked off hughes at the last minute.

also, two goals scored.

How many more will Crouch score for us this season? Well, after January transfer?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Brilliant point on 22:16 - Sep 22 with 2862 viewssmegma

To come back twice when not playing at our best augurs well.
Brilliant point on 22:26 - Sep 22 with 2855 viewsEalingRanger

Keep ticking over till January, get the triffic fellas Crouchie and Jermain in and we'll all be back home for tea and medals come May.

How's the training ground/academy/stadium coming along?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024