Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's Going on at QPR Article 15:49 - Oct 10 with 2671 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-whats-going-on-at-q
What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:05 - Oct 10 with 2602 viewsDiscodroids

i was only thinking of the 'loss' of craig byrson yesterday (as you do).

i feel he would have given the midfield real bite , and said so , as opposed to the flaccid source material we currently see in our so called engine room of broken dreams.

i think we were linked with laccels the forest center half at the same time in the summer..and just briefly i was optimistic.

we then signed 'rio' and sandro.

i praised him for the fer and mutch signings, hope for once im right.

the simpson departure /fitness issues/incompetent pre season arrangements remain a scandal in my eyes.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:05 - Oct 10 with 2609 viewsGloucs_R

I'm sure Sherwood being mentioned is to make us support Harry!

Nothing in that article we didnt already know.

Poll: Are we staying up?

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:15 - Oct 10 with 2557 viewspaulparker

that article if true is worrying
we come across more amateur in every possible way from boardroom to management than ever I thought possible ,
Pre season was a joke again
the fact they thought Remy would stay, (even mr glass half full daveb knew remy was off, why didn't TF or Remy ??)
the sale of Simpson
the 3-5-2 to the diamond to the xmas pudding formation
hoddle having little impact as he is part time
and why did the board not sanction Mo Diame but brought in douglas sandro bader instead ??
also sounds like they are going to do Warren Farm on the cheap "if " it comes off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:24 - Oct 10 with 2515 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Dave

Good to read something sensible and well balanced.
What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:52 - Oct 10 with 2435 viewsBasingstokeR

Much more balanced than recent articles from others; or even McIntyre is in 140 characters himself on Twitter.

Even with the opinion/explanation in this article; I still don't feel that any of the below are justified or any less ridiculous;
> Redknapp 'moaning' about fitness in October (on top of fitness; I saw a table this week showing that we have the least injuries in the Premier League so far)
> Redknapp criticising his own Pre-Season trip
> Selling Danny Simpson to Leicester
What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:57 - Oct 10 with 2413 viewsdaveB

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:52 - Oct 10 by BasingstokeR

Much more balanced than recent articles from others; or even McIntyre is in 140 characters himself on Twitter.

Even with the opinion/explanation in this article; I still don't feel that any of the below are justified or any less ridiculous;
> Redknapp 'moaning' about fitness in October (on top of fitness; I saw a table this week showing that we have the least injuries in the Premier League so far)
> Redknapp criticising his own Pre-Season trip
> Selling Danny Simpson to Leicester

have to agree with that, the fitness thing and moaning about pre season is ridiculous
What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:05 - Oct 10 with 2389 viewsBklynRanger

I've got two jobs at the moment, and one of them I couldn't give a toss about. When I'm sitting there two days a week I think to myself "Is this what Redknapp feels like working for QPR?".

Part of the reason is that I did a lot of fancy talk in the interview and now, after two years, I just can't be arsed.

HR did the same thing - came in and said how he'd checked the stats on the team's work rate and saw that we were one of the least hard working teams around. He said then we've got to get good and fit and work hard for 90 minutes. Now it all just comes across as a load of talk.
What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:05 - Oct 10 with 2386 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lots of new info there. The Warren Farm and Old Oak sections are very interesting. Thanks for the link, Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:05 - Oct 10 with 2385 viewsjamois

I think the piece goes really easy on our managerial con artist. It effectively portrays Tony as being a bit fluffy, rather like the recent podcast had him down as. I'm surprised our guv'nor H isn't getting more stick than this from wider quarters in the media. How much ineptitude is it going to take?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 17:08]

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:09 - Oct 10 with 2366 viewsdaveB

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:05 - Oct 10 by jamois

I think the piece goes really easy on our managerial con artist. It effectively portrays Tony as being a bit fluffy, rather like the recent podcast had him down as. I'm surprised our guv'nor H isn't getting more stick than this from wider quarters in the media. How much ineptitude is it going to take?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 17:08]

A few pundits were giving Redknapp some stick on 5live the other night
What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:14 - Oct 10 with 2342 viewsjamois

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:09 - Oct 10 by daveB

A few pundits were giving Redknapp some stick on 5live the other night

What were they saying Dave?
Did any of it relate to coaching/team ethos & structure/ tactics/man-management/player fitness or general lack of a plan?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:17 - Oct 10 with 2326 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very good article, although H gets a bit of an easy ride on several fronts IMO.

Bare bones.

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:53 - Oct 10 with 2248 viewsDylanP

Good article. Nice summary of what is going on. Thanks for posting.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What's Going on at QPR Article on 19:10 - Oct 10 with 2104 viewsqprewan

Another good article on Football fan cast (on qpr news now), basically saying the same as most on here. Sorry I don't know how to post a link but worth a read.
What's Going on at QPR Article on 19:36 - Oct 10 with 2026 viewsjohncharles

We all know the problem and we all know the answer. Redknapp's "I don't care, we're getting relegated anyway, where's the cheque ?" attitude has infected the players.
Doesn't need a great long article. Is Dave Mac paid by the word ?

Strong and stable my arse.

What's Going on at QPR Article on 19:44 - Oct 10 with 2002 viewsdaveB

What's Going on at QPR Article on 17:14 - Oct 10 by jamois

What were they saying Dave?
Did any of it relate to coaching/team ethos & structure/ tactics/man-management/player fitness or general lack of a plan?

Was about his comments after West Ham so just saying fitness and pre season was down to him and the team look as shambolic as they did last time despite plenty being spent
What's Going on at QPR Article on 23:12 - Oct 10 with 1813 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think HR comes out of it very well, although Dave Mc doesn't stick the boot in.
The bits about Old Oak indicate that we could still get the go-ahead but, like all property deals (think about buying your own house), there's all sorts of hurdles to overcome. Scaling down Warren Farm is more realistic and, possibly, more deliverable. Let's hope.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What's Going on at QPR Article on 23:33 - Oct 10 with 1773 viewsLoftusRdW12

Good level headed article. Just stating things as they are without trying to attach too much blame to anyone.

I found the part about our inability to organise a pre season interesting. Warnocks pre season in the promotion season is by far the best i can remember.

I guess 2 promotions and a relegation in 3 and a bit years doesn't help. Also the manager/player merry-go-round.

We've been in a mess for years now. Quite amazing where we are when you think about it!

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

What's Going on at QPR Article on 00:00 - Oct 11 with 1740 viewsibnumber10

Redknapp needs to stop harping on about all these issues and use the international break to get things in order
What's Going on at QPR Article on 01:13 - Oct 11 with 1682 viewsSomersetHoops

This article has the hallmark of a Tony Fernandes PR exercise with all the excuses laid out before us. Every point demonstrates bad management and the excuses for it might be believable if it wasn't similar to the same old rubbish that we heard last time we were in this position.

The only logic I can think of for leaving things as they are is that our owners already expect us to be relegated, so don't see the point in paying Redknapp compensation when he will leave with nothing at the end of the season. They will need more money then to fight the FFP case or pay the fine and try to build another team from scratch. Some people like to say they are learning lessons from their mistakes, in the case of our owners I hope they really mean it next time they say it.

Who's Next?

What's Going on at QPR Article on 13:26 - Oct 11 with 1437 viewsbaz_qpr

Hardly expect Macintrye to do a Fernandez PR puff piece he is one of his fiercest critics
What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:21 - Oct 11 with 1289 viewsAitch

A question that I think isn't asked nearly enough is WTF do Jordan & Bond do? Does Harry really need a shoe shine boy & a tea boy? Couldn't we get rid of one and get a proper coach in?

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:50 - Oct 11 with 1256 viewsLoft1979

What's Going on at QPR Article on 16:21 - Oct 11 by Aitch

A question that I think isn't asked nearly enough is WTF do Jordan & Bond do? Does Harry really need a shoe shine boy & a tea boy? Couldn't we get rid of one and get a proper coach in?

I am not anti H, but that article puts the coaching black hole on a noose.
What's Going on at QPR Article on 19:11 - Oct 11 with 1123 viewsRBlock

What's Going on at QPR Article on 01:13 - Oct 11 by SomersetHoops

This article has the hallmark of a Tony Fernandes PR exercise with all the excuses laid out before us. Every point demonstrates bad management and the excuses for it might be believable if it wasn't similar to the same old rubbish that we heard last time we were in this position.

The only logic I can think of for leaving things as they are is that our owners already expect us to be relegated, so don't see the point in paying Redknapp compensation when he will leave with nothing at the end of the season. They will need more money then to fight the FFP case or pay the fine and try to build another team from scratch. Some people like to say they are learning lessons from their mistakes, in the case of our owners I hope they really mean it next time they say it.

Never had Dave MC down as one to engage in a Fernandes PR exercise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024