Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
going forward 22:48 - Sep 28 with 2968 viewsdoubled

who do qpr fans see as the next long term manager
going forward on 23:05 - Sep 28 with 1675 viewschris1969

Pointless thread alert
going forward on 23:08 - Sep 28 with 1671 viewsTacticalR

George Clooney is looking a lot more settled and I believe would now be ready to make this kind of long term commitment.

Air hostess clique

going forward on 23:45 - Sep 28 with 1619 viewsted_hendrix

Although he's been dead for a long time I'd like to see the ridiculously named Chief Roman Nose of the Cheyenne tribe become our new Manager.
If he was unavailable or not interested then maybe give School Bully from Tomkinsons Schooldays a go in the hot seat.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

going forward on 23:53 - Sep 28 with 1605 viewsRANGERS4EVER

It's getting to a time in football where there will be no more long term managers because either the expectations are way too high or they perform so well they just get snatched up by some other big club I.e Brendan Rogers, Pottechino. Can't see Koeman being at Southampton much longer if they keep on performing highly. Except Wenger there are very few long term managers left now

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

going forward on 07:50 - Sep 29 with 1523 viewsdanehoop

Vercingetorix, chief of the avernia Tibet who United the Gauls in the fight against Ceasar in the final stage of the Gallic wars in the 1st century ad.

Never knowingly understood

going forward on 08:19 - Sep 29 with 1488 viewsBromleyHoop

Oh dear, I see the unhealthy influence of 'Discodroid' is beginning to have an effect on normally sensible posters on LFW.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

going forward on 08:24 - Sep 29 with 1477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good question. Also, do we need a separate long-term manger for going backwards?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

going forward on 08:30 - Sep 29 with 1466 viewsDiscodroids

adso of melk .

served his apprentership under william of baskerville in the most arduous of circumstances.

witchfinders, insane mudrerous monks proved to be a mere bagatelle for this up and coming pugailist of gods holy work.

some say his methods may be of a bygone age, last seen in gainful employment in 1327, with holy inquisitor Harold , calling his methods "sorcery and withcraft. by a godless heathen"

first duties include burning 'RIO' at the stake and stabbing bondy between the shoulder blades with the spear of destiny as he is hunched over a book by candlelight ,transcribing his thoughts, holding a quill in a benedictine library.

send for high priest kenny jackett and pray..
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 11:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

going forward on 08:32 - Sep 29 with 1462 viewsDiscodroids

going forward on 08:19 - Sep 29 by BromleyHoop

Oh dear, I see the unhealthy influence of 'Discodroid' is beginning to have an effect on normally sensible posters on LFW.

if your going to stalk me, ive left a pair of tiger skin underpants on my washing line if you fancy a sniff.

parting is such sweet, sweet sorrow.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

going forward on 11:27 - Sep 29 with 1387 viewsDiscodroids

shami chakribati as head coach with polly toynbee as director of football.

then i can finally walk away from this infuriating , incomprehensible, emotional appendage that i have worn for 37 years.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 11:37]

going forward on 11:59 - Sep 29 with 1352 viewspomanjou

going forward on 08:19 - Sep 29 by BromleyHoop

Yes, I can feel an excess of verbiage and an overabundance of adjectivial superfluosity is coming upon us.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

going forward on 12:12 - Sep 29 with 1335 viewsDiscodroids

going forward on 11:59 - Sep 29 by pomanjou

Yes, I can feel an excess of verbiage and an overabundance of adjectivial superfluosity is coming upon us.

yep thats me old chum.

btw..whats your favourite KFC 'Krushem'??
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 12:20]

going forward on 12:32 - Sep 29 with 1314 viewspomanjou

going forward on 12:12 - Sep 29 by Discodroids

yep thats me old chum.

btw..whats your favourite KFC 'Krushem'??
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 12:20]

It was better before you edited it. You proved you can do it!

Only eat/drink proppa food (the Blomfontein Rd Cafe) so never enter such places..

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

going forward on 12:38 - Sep 29 with 1287 viewsCiderwithRsie

Some excellent suggestions on here.

For someone with a proven record of building long-term and a healthy dose of ruthlessness, I'd go for Qin Shi Huang, first emperor of China, assuming that all that being-buried-with-terracotta-warriors-for- the-afterlife-business has paid off. If not Rameses II is a good shout. Look upon my works, Man City, and despair.

For Brian Mc's backward looking manager, how about Merlin, who according to T H White lives his life backwards and therefore knows the results of next week's match already? Of course, so do most of us.
going forward on 13:01 - Sep 29 with 1253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

going forward on 12:38 - Sep 29 by CiderwithRsie

Some excellent suggestions on here.

For someone with a proven record of building long-term and a healthy dose of ruthlessness, I'd go for Qin Shi Huang, first emperor of China, assuming that all that being-buried-with-terracotta-warriors-for- the-afterlife-business has paid off. If not Rameses II is a good shout. Look upon my works, Man City, and despair.

For Brian Mc's backward looking manager, how about Merlin, who according to T H White lives his life backwards and therefore knows the results of next week's match already? Of course, so do most of us.

"For Brian Mc's backward looking manager, how about Merlin, who according to T H White lives his life backwards and therefore knows the results of next week's match already? Of course, so do most of us."

Good thinking. Benjamin Button as the assistant, possibly.

If we're going sideways, then Super ray has to be brought back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

going forward on 13:04 - Sep 29 with 1237 viewsDiscodroids

going forward on 12:32 - Sep 29 by pomanjou

Only eat/drink proppa food (the Blomfontein Rd Cafe) so never enter such places..

believe it or not that kfc question was someones thread who slagged off my postings.

if your gonna have a pop at me little one , play jazz, or do try to do better with your own.

going forward on 13:04 - Sep 29 with 1238 viewsdanehoop

Perhaps we might also consider Bristolian Song Smith and 1980's pop Pixie Nik Kershaw?

62 weeks on the UK Singles Chart in 1984 beat all other solo artists, so a sure sign of longevity. Also penned such fine uplifting tunes as "I am the one and only" and "the riddle."

Surely a perfect choice for leading us into a new era?

Never knowingly understood

going forward on 13:19 - Sep 29 with 1195 viewsMonahoop

There is no such thing as a long term manager at QPR, nor will there ever be. Get to half a season, they have done well. Do one full season they have done exceptionally well, any thing over that, they have overstayed their welcome.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

going forward on 13:30 - Sep 29 with 1172 viewsTHEBUSH

going forward on 12:32 - Sep 29 by pomanjou

One of my ex-classmates at Christopher Wren, nearly became manager at the said, 'Cafe' he'd have made a decent football manager
going forward on 13:40 - Sep 29 with 1139 viewskensalriser

On behalf of SoG, I nominate a disciplinarian team:

Genghis Khan and Pol Pot and manager/assistant manager.

Col. Kurtz as first team coach.

They won't take any nonsense from the players.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

going forward on 13:41 - Sep 29 with 1137 viewsTheBlob

The next guy's got to be foreign,hard as a Britsh Rail sandwich,Balkans maybe,can sniff out potential players better than Vlad The Inhaler.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

going forward on 13:42 - Sep 29 with 1131 viewsderbyhoop

Long -term, you say? Redknapp is already the 32nd longest serving manager in the 92 clubs. And he's not been here 2 years.

Long term, in football management, means half a season. More blood.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

going forward on 13:44 - Sep 29 with 1126 viewspomanjou

going forward on 13:04 - Sep 29 by Discodroids

believe it or not that kfc question was someones thread who slagged off my postings.

if your gonna have a pop at me little one , play jazz, or do try to do better with your own.

I'm sorry if you took offence. I was'nt having a pop.

I replied to a post which caught my eye, something which rang a bell when I started reading the thread. Some of your extended verbiage and circuitous convolutions are brilliant, although sometimes the abundance is so great I cant be bothered. Now, if everyone should start doing it...............................it would become toooo much.

take it easy.

pom 13 stone 12 ounces, 5'11"and a bit.

going forward on 13:57 - Sep 29 with 1097 viewsDiscodroids

going forward on 13:44 - Sep 29 by pomanjou

I'm sorry if you took offence. I was'nt having a pop.

I replied to a post which caught my eye, something which rang a bell when I started reading the thread. Some of your extended verbiage and circuitous convolutions are brilliant, although sometimes the abundance is so great I cant be bothered. Now, if everyone should start doing it...............................it would become toooo much.

take it easy.

pom 13 stone 12 ounces, 5'11"and a bit.

im as cool as the other side of my pillow.

a message board should be an alchemists cauldron of different personalities , i thought for one moment i had another member for the 'cult of the incredible fortress of discodroid '.

i would ask bromley hoop to take a vow of celibacy to secure his place but that does seem unnecessary in his case.

alas being approx the same height as you im a stone heavier...any vegan recipes you can recommend , its something of a bore dining on macadmia nut tempura 7 nights a week.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 13:58]

going forward on 16:27 - Sep 29 with 1047 viewsEsox_Lucius

On a serious note, I would like to see someone like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche as 1st team coach and Roberto Baggio as a Director of Football with a responsibility to organise the laying and scouting system from the 7 year olds up. He had a terrific reputation whilst in charge of the Italian FA youth development system but he resigned when he realised that the people with the power at the top weren't interested in developing youth and wanted to use "star" names in senior games to get the paying public to the games.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024