Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CFC Dilemma 22:41 - Oct 28 with 5855 viewsKerryE

Who would want to be in my situation...

My 6 year old boy scored a wonder goal the other week for his team, he is quite good, tiny in stature, quick and skilful (think Stan/Messi hybrid )

Watching this particular game was a Chelsea academy scout and he has been invited for a trial

My lad said he didn't want to go haha, he only wants to go to Arsenal

OK, I'm a bad parent as QPR is only his 2nd team (at the moment).

If I take him for a trial, please fellow R's do not excommunicate me - or is there another way?
CFC Dilemma on 22:46 - Oct 28 with 4815 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bring him. Use them. Leave them if he gets another offer.

You've no choice, really. It's the young lad's dream. My Godson has just signed for Shelbourne. His parents asked me my advice as to whether he should leave his friends and team and take the risk of joining what is a huge club by Irish standards. I talked it all through with them, and then advised them that Robert would guide them best. He did - he stayed put until the end of the season, and then said his goodbyes on his terms and joined Shelbourne.

If you're lad wants to play for Chelsea, then I'm sure you'll be delighted for him deep down at the great opportunity. And who would blame either of you?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

CFC Dilemma on 22:48 - Oct 28 with 4811 views100percent

always easier to work from the inside out, rather than the outside in.
get him at the trial, get him accepted and get him to be one of their top potential youth players.... and then get him to sign full personal terms with QPR..... take them for as much as possible......
CFC Dilemma on 22:49 - Oct 28 with 4800 viewsMrSheen

Take advice from Birmingham City's Robert Hopkins. Sadly it isn't true that he had a City badge sewn onto his Villa shirt. Great read.

http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk/2012/03/on-the-back-seat-with-the-gabbie-cabbie-
CFC Dilemma on 07:27 - Oct 29 with 4603 viewsdavman

No offence, but wtf is a professional club doing taking kids at 6??? I know it happens these days, but 6, really?

As above, an Agent on the inside would help to take them down. Remind him that Arsenal hate that lot too, so teach him to play a long game. An own goal at the right time could destroy any club...

Also, when he's old enough the Russian won't be around (fingers crossed) and they'll be back to what they were, so won't be able to afford him!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

CFC Dilemma on 07:45 - Oct 29 with 4558 viewswestolian

It's just a trial !

If they keep him "on development" then it's just extra training and won't be leaving his mates.

If they want to sign him at U9, then he's extremely good and I'd jump at the chance !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

CFC Dilemma on 08:13 - Oct 29 with 4503 viewsElHoop

I know that you have to do the best for your son, but we are permanently at war with the scum, and he is going to be going along to some scum youth brigade where they will soon, no doubt, have him swearing allegiance to the infallible JT and he will before much longer come home singing of things such as celery and mowing meadows.

Think before you act.
CFC Dilemma on 09:08 - Oct 29 with 4435 viewsheadhoops

Tough call Kerry. Forget its Chelski, could be any 'elite' academy - let him go for the trial and see what happens. Sadly in 99/100 cases its disappointment especially for 'small' kids at Chelsea. Look at their current youth teams or even their first team - loads of young English players, er..No.
Keep him with his mates and enjoying his football.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

CFC Dilemma on 09:18 - Oct 29 with 4406 viewssimmo

Chelscum etc shouldn't come into it, not at this stage. Look at Carragher, a die hard toffee but it was Liverpool who came calling and he made his way however he could. Also, it's just a trial, and they will have excellent coaches/facilities even for a kid that age.

Don't even worry about it and best of luck to him!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

CFC Dilemma on 09:19 - Oct 29 with 4404 viewsTheBlob

I find thrashing them to sleep works wonders.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

CFC Dilemma on 09:31 - Oct 29 with 4369 viewsDiscodroids

i concur, i raise my children at 4.40 am every morning with a bucket of ice cold water and verses 3-15 romans , followed by a run in shapeless stout hessian itchy garments with a dunking in the bracing waters of the river lea.

a sparse breakfast of earth ,then 8 hours of lessons as diverse as victorian weights and measures, leeches and geography of the eurasain lowlands and the east indies.

a sound beating with wooden butter paddles before a sparse lunch of grass, followed by music lessons on a harpsichord complete the afternoon session.

then a sparse supper of mud.

after all, it made me the man i am today..
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 10:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

CFC Dilemma on 09:38 - Oct 29 with 4349 viewsTheBlob

CFC Dilemma on 09:31 - Oct 29 by Discodroids

i concur, i raise my children at 4.40 am every morning with a bucket of ice cold water and verses 3-15 romans , followed by a run in shapeless stout hessian itchy garments with a dunking in the bracing waters of the river lea.

a sparse breakfast of earth ,then 8 hours of lessons as diverse as victorian weights and measures, leeches and geography of the eurasain lowlands and the east indies.

a sound beating with wooden butter paddles before a sparse lunch of grass, followed by music lessons on a harpsichord complete the afternoon session.

then a sparse supper of mud.

after all, it made me the man i am today..
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 10:06]

And what is it today?

CFC Dilemma on 09:43 - Oct 29 with 4329 viewsDiscodroids

CFC Dilemma on 09:38 - Oct 29 by TheBlob

And what is it today?

a shambling wreck of a man that sells his stories/tales for a sponge rub down in the back of a goods train.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

CFC Dilemma on 09:47 - Oct 29 with 4308 viewsTheBlob

CFC Dilemma on 09:43 - Oct 29 by Discodroids

a shambling wreck of a man that sells his stories/tales for a sponge rub down in the back of a goods train.

No change there then.

CFC Dilemma on 09:50 - Oct 29 with 4301 viewsElHoop

CFC Dilemma on 09:43 - Oct 29 by Discodroids

You're not Kerry Dixon are you?
CFC Dilemma on 09:57 - Oct 29 with 4281 viewswombat

CFC Dilemma on 09:47 - Oct 29 by TheBlob

No change there then.

easier option ADOPTION , its bad enough he likes arsenal but to let him within 50 miles of that puss ridden training ground , ud be scrubing him with bleach for a month to rid the stench

Poll: which is your favouite foot

CFC Dilemma on 10:16 - Oct 29 with 4253 viewsloftboy

The odds on any youth player getting a look in at a prem club these days is something like 1 in 10000, would be better taking to somewhere like brentford IMHO

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

CFC Dilemma on 10:30 - Oct 29 with 4224 viewsKerryE

CFC Dilemma on 09:50 - Oct 29 by ElHoop

You're not Kerry Dixon are you?

Actually, my claim to fame is I went out with his wife (I was only 9!) haha
CFC Dilemma on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 4213 viewsElHoop

CFC Dilemma on 10:30 - Oct 29 by KerryE

I didn't mean you in fact, I meant Discoboy. I'm confusing myself now anyway - are you this poor boy's mum or dad? Typically the scum are already causing disruption within our ranks, ahead of the big game.
CFC Dilemma on 10:45 - Oct 29 with 4196 viewsW7Ranger

CFC Dilemma on 10:30 - Oct 29 by KerryE

You went out with Kerry Dixon's missus at the age of 9??!! I'm not sure whether to be horrified at her or patting you on the back!

Has his missus got a fetish for "Kerry's"????
CFC Dilemma on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 4082 viewsNorthernr

Fire, and lots of it.
CFC Dilemma on 14:25 - Oct 29 with 4071 viewsDylanP

Wow! Dire dilema.

Of course you let him go, but hope to high heaven he doesn't end up a Scum fan.

That is a tough tough one because it will mean that you will have to go and hang out at their various facilities, etc. Horrible idea that!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

CFC Dilemma on 14:48 - Oct 29 with 4046 viewsbosh67

To be fair he won't qualify to play for QPR for another 24 years at least. He might as well get some game time under his belt in the meantime.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

CFC Dilemma on 15:01 - Oct 29 with 4013 viewsElHoop

CFC Dilemma on 14:25 - Oct 29 by DylanP

Wow! Dire dilema.

Of course you let him go, but hope to high heaven he doesn't end up a Scum fan.

That is a tough tough one because it will mean that you will have to go and hang out at their various facilities, etc. Horrible idea that!

At least you can't get shot by Cashley any more.
CFC Dilemma on 15:44 - Oct 29 with 3973 viewsMatch82

I love QPR, but taking care of my family is and always will be my number 1 priority.
Gotta do what's best for the kid.
CFC Dilemma (n/t) on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 3862 viewsDejR_vu

[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 9:52]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024