Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best performance this season 17:07 - Nov 1 with 2609 viewsQPR_ARG

That's what I think.

Undone by the ref and his decision, which was coming right after Hazard went down very easily a few minutes before when Caulker didn't foul him (Oscar took the FK and Green deflected it out for a corner).

You knew Hazard had the ref timed and from that point of view, I had no doubt a penalty was coming.

QPR played this as we, the fans, would have played it. And for that, I'm happy.

I wasn't expecting to get a point. I got excited and thought it was a possibility when Charlie did what he did! (QPR SHOULD DROP CHARLIE AUSTIN MY HAIRY ARGIE BACKSIDE!).

I just wanted QPR to give it a go. To do things the complete opposite way of how QPR did them at White Hart Lane and Old Trafford.

I hope our players get the belief from this match, that we can compete against anybody and at any ground.

I told a friend yesterday that the only thing I wasn't prepared to live today was to lose on a ref's mistake. Guess I was wrong because I haven't killed anybody yet (even though I'm fuming like not many times before).

That said, I'm also at ease because that team out there today, did play with heart.

Still a long way to go. Hopefully we'll see more of this than the early season horrid stuff.
Best performance this season on 17:10 - Nov 1 with 1972 viewsdavman

Sorry, Seb, but there was no doubt that was a penalty. Stupid challenge.

A bit of fight, but we still don't know what to do with the ball going forward; solid enough from the defence and midfield, but not enough service up top. Disappointing, 'cos the Scum weren't good today...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Best performance this season on 17:13 - Nov 1 with 1949 viewsQPR_ARG

Best performance this season on 17:10 - Nov 1 by davman

Sorry, Seb, but there was no doubt that was a penalty. Stupid challenge.

A bit of fight, but we still don't know what to do with the ball going forward; solid enough from the defence and midfield, but not enough service up top. Disappointing, 'cos the Scum weren't good today...

I have to disagree. Saw several angles. Here's a question: do you think that would have been awarded at the other end of the pitch?

Teams get relegated from this league by goal-difference, when it's not by the odd point. And matches like these shouldn't be decided by those 50-50 challenges.

I still don't see the peno, I'm sorry, mate.
Best performance this season on 17:15 - Nov 1 with 1925 viewsBrightonhoop

Ref was a w4nker but he called it right. Definitely our best performance so far. We're staying up. Bring on Citeh, we'll skin 'em on current form.
Best performance this season on 17:19 - Nov 1 with 1893 viewsNov77

Thought the liverpool performance was better as we created chances that day. We deserved to beat them, we didn't deserve to win today.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Best performance this season on 17:21 - Nov 1 with 1876 viewsbosh67

I think today proved that we just have to be braver away and get stuck into teams. Home and away we've got to just get at teams.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Best performance this season on 17:21 - Nov 1 with 1863 viewsPommyhoop

Best performance this season on 17:15 - Nov 1 by Brightonhoop

Ref was a w4nker but he called it right. Definitely our best performance so far. We're staying up. Bring on Citeh, we'll skin 'em on current form.

Great performance but I'm more interested in our performances against those in the 'mini league of death' than against those where we have the luxury of being 'no hope underdogs'.
Brilliant performance tho.100% better.
Keep it up H and don't f'ck it up by returning RIO to the side.
You f'cked up signing him.Admit it and move on.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Best performance this season on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 1832 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 17:21 - Nov 1 by Pommyhoop

Great performance but I'm more interested in our performances against those in the 'mini league of death' than against those where we have the luxury of being 'no hope underdogs'.
You f'cked up signing him.Admit it and move on.

He signed him to play in a 3 , we junked that and found that he switches off when he has to pick up a striker.

Its just a bad fit and while we play this way Clint is our best cover IMO
Best performance this season on 17:26 - Nov 1 with 1826 viewsJAPRANGERS

good performance today. But of course we need points on the board so hoping we can get at least 1 next week. And would be nice to get at least 1 point away from home sometime!
Login to get fewer ads

Best performance this season on 17:28 - Nov 1 with 1812 viewsPommyhoop

Best performance this season on 17:25 - Nov 1 by essextaxiboy

He signed him to play in a 3 , we junked that and found that he switches off when he has to pick up a striker.

Its just a bad fit and while we play this way Clint is our best cover IMO

He convinced Tony to sign him using the back 3 as an excuse.He was desperate to sign him at any cost

Best performance this season on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1775 viewsHollowayRanger

best away performance

and MUST be the standard from now on!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Best performance this season on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 1742 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I've seen the scores and some of the stats but that's it, for once I'm looking forward to the highlights AND we lost! Sounds like a good effort, which is great to hear.
Best performance this season on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 1675 viewsjohncharles

Until they give points for plucky losers........................

Strong and stable my arse.

Best performance this season on 17:48 - Nov 1 with 1603 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 17:28 - Nov 1 by Pommyhoop

He convinced Tony to sign him using the back 3 as an excuse.He was desperate to sign him at any cost

How do you know that ? honestly .

Maybe you are ITK ? if so please say how and I will read your posts with a different mindset and respect ...seriously ...how ?
Best performance this season on 17:50 - Nov 1 with 1590 viewsQPR_ARG

Best performance this season on 17:19 - Nov 1 by Nov77

Thought the liverpool performance was better as we created chances that day. We deserved to beat them, we didn't deserve to win today.

Have to disagree and maintain that this was the best performance because I'm considering the rival (Chelsea are A LOT better than Liverpool) and the venue (away at one of the most difficult places for ANY team in this league -or the world- against a manager that almost never loses a match at home).

That's why, even without creating a lot of chances, I think this was FAR BETTER than how we played vs. Liverpool (a performance that also included some awful defending from us -and two silly own-goals-).
Best performance this season on 17:54 - Nov 1 with 1561 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 17:41 - Nov 1 by johncharles

Until they give points for plucky losers........................

.......what ?
Best performance this season on 17:59 - Nov 1 with 1526 viewsjohncharles

Best performance this season on 17:54 - Nov 1 by essextaxiboy

.......what ?

If you have to ask there's no point in explaining

Best performance this season on 18:04 - Nov 1 with 1495 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 17:59 - Nov 1 by johncharles

If you have to ask there's no point in explaining

Oh ok ,

I just thought that you were desperate to post something negative but couldnt quite think of anything other than we didnt actually win .
Best performance this season on 18:15 - Nov 1 with 1441 viewsPommyhoop

Best performance this season on 17:48 - Nov 1 by essextaxiboy

How do you know that ? honestly .

Maybe you are ITK ? if so please say how and I will read your posts with a different mindset and respect ...seriously ...how ?

Just the same as you my friend.I look at reports , quotes and H's quips.
How do you know that H soley bought RIO for a back 3?
When he has been desperately trying to tell us that RIO is a reincarnation of Bobby moore and Franz Beckenbauer

Best performance this season on 18:29 - Nov 1 with 1380 viewsPommyhoop

''Great performance but I'm more interested in our performances against those in the 'mini league of death' than against those where we have the luxury of being 'no hope underdogs'.
You f'cked up signing him.Admit it and move on.''

I stand by that post Essex.I wont even try to say it's Glen or Les who has got us playing better the last few games.Like I said ( well agreed with another poster tbf) in another thread 95% of our improved performance is due to the absence of RIO.He was worth at least a goal to our opponents when he played and he dragged our back line and midfield woefully out of shape.
Fairplay to H if he realises his mistake and does not ever let him play for us again whether in a back 3 or flat back 4.
However I fear me and you may well be having this discussion in a couple of weeks when RIO's ban is up.God I hope not.

Best performance this season on 18:37 - Nov 1 with 1343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Had to settle for the radio today, and have only seen the goals so far. Happy to hear reports from you lot, thught. Pullis and commentator on 5 Live didn't talk much about Rangers, but that's to e expected.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best performance this season on 18:48 - Nov 1 with 1297 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 18:29 - Nov 1 by Pommyhoop

''Great performance but I'm more interested in our performances against those in the 'mini league of death' than against those where we have the luxury of being 'no hope underdogs'.
You f'cked up signing him.Admit it and move on.''

I stand by that post Essex.I wont even try to say it's Glen or Les who has got us playing better the last few games.Like I said ( well agreed with another poster tbf) in another thread 95% of our improved performance is due to the absence of RIO.He was worth at least a goal to our opponents when he played and he dragged our back line and midfield woefully out of shape.
Fairplay to H if he realises his mistake and does not ever let him play for us again whether in a back 3 or flat back 4.
However I fear me and you may well be having this discussion in a couple of weeks when RIO's ban is up.God I hope not.

NO dont get me wrong ,

I think we may have been done a la Ji Sung Park

Just been looking back at the threads and post after the Hull game and lots of posts saying " Rio is a class act " and" Rio and Caulker looked solid " ...but he did switch off for the Hull goal and was poor with 3 Spurs midfielders running at him .

Like many I would like to see Ned with Caulker in a 4 if Isla can keep showing improvement in that system , I l;ike him a lot .

I do however think that Ferdinand is professional committed and not here just for a payday , he's just not up to it .... IMO
Best performance this season on 19:06 - Nov 1 with 1215 viewsNW5Hoop

Not sure about best performance of the season. I thought we were tidy and competent, but we posed very little threat. That's the trade off you have to make against clubs like Chelsea: have a go and risk a tonking, or keep it tight and face the worry about where the goals are going to come from. I have to say that if we'd nicked a point out of that, it would have been a bit of a miracle. I don't honestly think we deserved a point, delighted though I would have been. But the good thing is that the pattern of having a team that looks like it wants to compete is continuing, because I did worry it would be a one-off for the Liverpool game.
Best performance this season on 19:21 - Nov 1 with 1161 viewsjohncharles

Best performance this season on 18:04 - Nov 1 by essextaxiboy

Oh ok ,

I just thought that you were desperate to post something negative but couldnt quite think of anything other than we didnt actually win .

That's your world Essex, not mine

Best performance this season on 19:32 - Nov 1 with 1113 viewsessextaxiboy

Best performance this season on 19:21 - Nov 1 by johncharles

That's your world Essex, not mine

Yep . I have been negative all season ... just ask anybody on here .
Best performance this season on 19:38 - Nov 1 with 1092 viewsTheBlob

At least they paid us the accolade of resorting to cheating and running the ball into corners at the death.With a bit of luck we could have broken away and nicked a draw at least - should have done better with that 3 on 3.
Their fans were very subdued and rightly so.
Can't wait to get them back to our place,they'll hear some noise then and better be wearing their finest brown shorts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024