Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time 21:59 - Dec 18 with 2439 viewstoemasher

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This post has been edited by an administrator
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 22:14 - Dec 18 with 2408 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

40 love
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 22:24 - Dec 18 with 2381 viewsRickyDicky

"Personality"

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:47 - Dec 21 with 2128 viewsfrancisbowles

He has been brilliant and I am not going to say he doesn't deserve it BUT surely we could have chosen someone who has never won it like Jessica Ennis-Hill in her retirement year not even short listed, Mo Farah, Jason or Laura Kenny or one of many others who have had a great year.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:52 - Dec 21 with 2121 viewsaston_hoop

Not in for the Murray bashing but really I don't get what more Mo Farah had to do! His achievements have been incredible and he didn't even make the top 3!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:57 - Dec 21 with 2109 viewsToast_R

Murray is Tennis world number 1- the first Britain to reach that accolade in like a million years. Will probably never be matched by a fellow Brit in our life time. Plus he won Wimbledon again to boot so I guess you just cannot ignore that.

Last year however, achievement wise - I would have given it to Tyson Fury.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:58 - Dec 21 with 2108 viewsCamberleyR

Murray couldn't even be arsed to turn up in person to receive it, like some of the other nominees (yes, you Gareth Bale and Mo Farah). If you're nominated, at least try to make the effort to receive the award at the bash. Yes, I appreciate he was at his training camp but surely he could take 24 hours out, charter a private jet to the UK and back? Wouldn't disrupt his preparation that much surely?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 10:13 - Dec 21 with 2084 viewsrobith

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:52 - Dec 21 by aston_hoop

Not in for the Murray bashing but really I don't get what more Mo Farah had to do! His achievements have been incredible and he didn't even make the top 3!

Not be a [redacted for libel]?
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 2042 viewsbob566

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:58 - Dec 21 by CamberleyR

Murray couldn't even be arsed to turn up in person to receive it, like some of the other nominees (yes, you Gareth Bale and Mo Farah). If you're nominated, at least try to make the effort to receive the award at the bash. Yes, I appreciate he was at his training camp but surely he could take 24 hours out, charter a private jet to the UK and back? Wouldn't disrupt his preparation that much surely?

i think that's why he's world number one. Deserved winner.
Login to get fewer ads

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 11:03 - Dec 21 with 2035 viewsRs_Holy

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:47 - Dec 21 by francisbowles

He has been brilliant and I am not going to say he doesn't deserve it BUT surely we could have chosen someone who has never won it like Jessica Ennis-Hill in her retirement year not even short listed, Mo Farah, Jason or Laura Kenny or one of many others who have had a great year.

I love Laura Kenny... apart from the obvious she is a total breath of fresh air.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 11:21 - Dec 21 with 2014 viewsspudoodles

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 22:24 - Dec 18 by RickyDicky

"Personality"

They really need to take that word out of the award, Michael Owen won it FFS. 'Sports Person' would do. Or is they persist with it, 'BBC Resistee to Media Training of the Year Award'
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 12:16 - Dec 21 with 1969 viewsR_from_afar

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:58 - Dec 21 by CamberleyR

After all, it's not like he's done much travelling in the eleven months of the year he was competing, the lightweight...

Harsh, sir, but then I am slightly biased. His grandfather was my wife's optician.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 12:18 - Dec 21 with 1965 viewsfrancisbowles

It does devalue it but he doesn't know he has won it so to disrupt his training and body clock would be a bit risky.

I do think k his personality has developed, he made me laugh with his revelation about Kim's vote.

His achievements are outstanding and he has the whole of Scotland behind him. Too many outstanding achievements in the rest of the UK means the vote for others is shared!
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 20:29 - Dec 21 with 1846 viewsAndyB

Ffs - every year we get this
Its about BEING the sports personality of the year - not having one.
Wimbledon, Olympics, World No.1, ATP championship, Aussie and French finals, Davis cup semis
No contest.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 21:13 - Dec 21 with 1820 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 20:29 - Dec 21 by AndyB

Ffs - every year we get this
Its about BEING the sports personality of the year - not having one.
Wimbledon, Olympics, World No.1, ATP championship, Aussie and French finals, Davis cup semis
No contest.

If it's about BEING the sports personality of the year, then Ally McCoist would fckn win every feckin year!

What you've outlined is the most SUCCESSFUL sports person of the year. At tennis.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 21:41 - Dec 21 with 1799 viewsJuzzie

Murray absolutely deserves it. He may not be tne most enigmatic of people (and thats not was the SPOTY is about) but second Wimbledon win in a few years after decades and decades of no British male winner, plus an Olympic gold and numerous other titles, he's smashed it this year.... literally.
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 22:58 - Dec 21 with 1758 viewsBoston

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:57 - Dec 21 by Toast_R

Murray is Tennis world number 1- the first Britain to reach that accolade in like a million years. Will probably never be matched by a fellow Brit in our life time. Plus he won Wimbledon again to boot so I guess you just cannot ignore that.

Last year however, achievement wise - I would have given it to Tyson Fury.

He'd probably have sold it as scrap.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 04:18 - Dec 22 with 1702 viewsSydneyRs

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 21:41 - Dec 21 by Juzzie

Murray absolutely deserves it. He may not be tne most enigmatic of people (and thats not was the SPOTY is about) but second Wimbledon win in a few years after decades and decades of no British male winner, plus an Olympic gold and numerous other titles, he's smashed it this year.... literally.

Australian Open starts in 3 weeks, he has bigger fish to fry.

Once again the all too predictable whining about the use of the word "personality". Tedium.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 4:18]
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 11:22 - Dec 22 with 1607 viewspaulparker

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 09:52 - Dec 21 by aston_hoop

I don't get what more Mo Farah had to do

probably win Wimbledon

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 12:44 - Dec 22 with 1573 viewsfrancisbowles

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 11:22 - Dec 22 by paulparker

I don't get what more Mo Farah had to do

probably win Wimbledon

Or become Scottish 🌝
Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 12:49 - Dec 22 with 1565 viewsJuzzie

Murray BBC Sports Personality Winner For 3rd Time on 04:18 - Dec 22 by SydneyRs

Australian Open starts in 3 weeks, he has bigger fish to fry.

Once again the all too predictable whining about the use of the word "personality". Tedium.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 4:18]

Maybe the title should change to Sports Person Of The Year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024