Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. 23:40 - Jan 4 with 3521 viewssaxbend

If we'd played a really weak team of fringe players and youngsters (as we have every right to do, and even a good reason) that would be by no means expected to perform better than a full strength League One first team, no questions would be asked, except from QPR fans as to why we didn't go for a cup run.
But instead of that we put out a team of players who've already given plenty of good performances in the Premier League, at least at home this season, and despite having played a highly competitive game only two days ago, had already proven themselves capable of at least holding Palace to a 0-0 draw in that state of fatigue. That makes it so obvious that the players were instructed not to play to win the game that it's not just QPR fans with cup run ambitions who will be asking the questions.
I can see us getting charged with bringing the game into disrepute over performing the way we did with no intention to play to the best of our ability.
I personally am not too bothered about QPR progressing in the FA Cup. I'm not even enormously bothered about losing at home to a League One team. It does happen "organically", as it were, from time to time. I AM bothered about QPR playing a first team game in a competition steeped in history and prestige in front of paying supporters and not trying to win it. I may not be desperate to see QPR win the FA Cup but I am insistent that they at least respect it.
To me, performing like that, deliberately, is as bad as match fixing because while no money may have changed hands to that end, the spectacle is destroyed, and becomes a sham, and Sheffield United fans, even though they will give due credit to their team and enjoy the day, will still feel resentment to us for disrespecting them by patronisingly lying down for them, while QPR fans and anyone else watching the game will be disgusted for having the sporting occasion utterly destroyed.
If we get charged, I for one, and just for once, will NOT be telling the FA to fúck off.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 01:51 - Jan 5 with 3429 viewsessextaxiboy

How would they prove it ? Prem teams get knocked over regularly in the cup . Sheff Utd have beaten a couple in the league cup . ..and we started with our star striker ... Its what I think happened but I am just a happy clapper ...
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 07:40 - Jan 5 with 3331 viewsMaggsinho

I'm guessing here, but I suspect that resentment to QPR is fairly low down in Sheffield United fans emotions this morning.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 08:12 - Jan 5 with 3264 viewsdaveB

I don't think the players played badly on purpose but the FA cup 3rd round doesn't excite a lot of players and for most prem clubs the teams drop their performance by about 10% and for us that means we'll get beat, other teams will still have enough to win if they are not at their best.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 3141 viewsPinnerPaul

Charged for playing rubbish...............hmmmmmmm - no precedents there at all are there?

You really couldn't make it up on here at times!
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 11:33 - Jan 5 with 3087 viewsfrancisbowles

This is absolute rubbish. We tried to win the game, in fact the first goal was a result of pushing too many players up and getting caught on the break and the second looked like a goalkeeping mistake from where I was sat. As they say goals change games and we were severely lacking in our response, not helped by poor individual performances from nearly all of our players including Charlie, BZ, Ned, Caulker and Fer as well as the usual culprits.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 11:35 - Jan 5 with 3080 viewsloftus77

To be fair, its a question I have been thinking about in the cold light of day i.e. did QPR deliberately and professionally (...) throw the FA Cup tie with Sheff Utd yesterday?

On reflection, I think not. The FA (and the Premier League for league games) do review all games for any evidence of match-fixing, wrong-doing etc and we would be found out, no matter how "cute" we are.

If you saw Rio's "marking" on McNulty for the first goal, you do wonder - but I think the truth is we were just genuinely and legitimatly appalling - we just have to get over it and move on.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 3070 viewsTheBlob

Why should we,uniquely,get charged for a common offense?

er......hang about....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 15:21 - Jan 5 with 2969 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

If you believe that Sax then you're living in a dream world and shall henceforth call you Neo.

We were just fûcking śhit.
Login to get fewer ads

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 15:27 - Jan 5 with 2947 viewsbosh67

I think the only thing the FA can charge us with is that it was actually dubious that we managed to achieve nil. Even nil looked like we fixed it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 15:32 - Jan 5 with 2930 viewskensalriser

We threw the game. Simple as that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 2881 viewsQPR1882

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 15:32 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

We never,were just shit
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 2871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 15:32 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

...and considered it so important that we practiced by playing $hite in loads of other games this season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 2862 viewsPunteR

Having watched high/low lights on MOTD,It crossed my mind that we threw the game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 18:05 - Jan 5 with 2780 viewsPinnerPaul

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 16:44 - Jan 5 by PunteR

Having watched high/low lights on MOTD,It crossed my mind that we threw the game.

Ok, lets carry on with this nonsense.

Why? What was the motive?

If to save the players - then why play our "only two strikers" and loads of other first teamers?

Lost of other teams - PL and Championship - played much less first choice players.
If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 18:19 - Jan 5 with 2759 viewsPunteR

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 18:05 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Ok, lets carry on with this nonsense.

Why? What was the motive?

If to save the players - then why play our "only two strikers" and loads of other first teamers?

Lost of other teams - PL and Championship - played much less first choice players.

Motive- I guess ,would be not to progress further in the cup so we can concentrate on the league.
Thats throwing Redknapp a life line because i cant think of a better excuse why we played as bad as that.
Those goals we let in were an utter disgrace.
We probably didn't purposely throw the game,but it did cross my mind.

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 2720 viewsAgedR

What a ridiculous thread and how incredibly condescending to Sheff Utd.

Of course we didn't throw it (as if this bunch of players have this power). We were second best in key areas for key moments. This was particularly apparent in our woeful defending as a back three, particularly on our left and in the individual errors of McCarthy and Ned.

But, no one pulled out if tackles, feigned injury or gave up. We just didn't have a coherent plan and got turned over because of it.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 2665 viewsPunteR

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 18:37 - Jan 5 by AgedR

What a ridiculous thread and how incredibly condescending to Sheff Utd.

Of course we didn't throw it (as if this bunch of players have this power). We were second best in key areas for key moments. This was particularly apparent in our woeful defending as a back three, particularly on our left and in the individual errors of McCarthy and Ned.

But, no one pulled out if tackles, feigned injury or gave up. We just didn't have a coherent plan and got turned over because of it.

A ridiculous thread for a ridiculous game.
Sorry,Ive had flu over past few days so more grumpier then usual when we loose .

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 20:04 - Jan 5 with 2610 viewsenfieldargh

Yes sure we threw the game

I mean leroy fer lent back on purpose before letting fly and a gaping goal

Funny that, he does that in most games

If you select traore then in effect you are throwing a game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

If the FA charge us, I'll have no complaints. on 21:48 - Jan 5 with 2531 viewsFredManRave

You normally post well thought out, reasoned posts Sexband but you've completely lost the plot with this one. It's almost as if you've lost your mojo. You haven't started wearing footwear have you? !

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024