Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why it's time for Joey to go... 04:42 - Feb 27 with 4757 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/26/lp-why-qpr-would-be-better-off-without

An interesting read, and points well made, especially when you consider he's on $70,000 a week plus supposedly..Sandro, Fer, Henry, Doughty as choices I certainly wouldn't pick him ahead of any of those now, disciplinary record aside.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 12:31 - Feb 27 with 3823 viewsPeterHucker

the ideal time for him to go would've been just before he signed in the first place.

still can't understand why we didn't just sack him after the Man City debacle. If behaviour like that and then telling lies about other players telling him to do it isn't gross misconduct / bringing the club into disrepute then I don't know what is!

He's been ineffective in 80% of the games he's played and I hate the fact whenever you tell anyone you're a QPR fan the first comment they make is usually something about Barton.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 13:36 - Feb 27 with 3771 viewsderbyhoop

Allegedly, the club were open to discussing a new contract for Barton. Although, they may be having a rethink after the dismissal at Hull.

When you consider that, at the end of this season, we should be losing Murphy, Rio, Clint, SWP and Zamora. If we get relegated we won't keep Isla, Vargas, Niko nor Zarate. We'll probably lose Charlie as well. And there are doubts whether Caulker and Fer would be prepared to play in the Championship.
How many more players can we afford to lose out of the 25 man squad, before we're left with 5/6 senior players and a bunch of kids?

Barton, at his best, offers commitment and drive. But his disciplinary record often makes him a libility. I certainly wouldn't rule out a contract extension but, only for 12 months, and certainly not on anywhere near his current wages. If his wage can be tied to a clean disciplinary record, all the better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 13:42 - Feb 27 with 3751 viewsQPunkR

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 13:36 - Feb 27 by derbyhoop

Allegedly, the club were open to discussing a new contract for Barton. Although, they may be having a rethink after the dismissal at Hull.

When you consider that, at the end of this season, we should be losing Murphy, Rio, Clint, SWP and Zamora. If we get relegated we won't keep Isla, Vargas, Niko nor Zarate. We'll probably lose Charlie as well. And there are doubts whether Caulker and Fer would be prepared to play in the Championship.
How many more players can we afford to lose out of the 25 man squad, before we're left with 5/6 senior players and a bunch of kids?

Barton, at his best, offers commitment and drive. But his disciplinary record often makes him a libility. I certainly wouldn't rule out a contract extension but, only for 12 months, and certainly not on anywhere near his current wages. If his wage can be tied to a clean disciplinary record, all the better.

No way. There's a lot more reasons than his suspect (nice word) disciplinary record for fúcking him off.

QPR - "shit but local"

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 14:25 - Feb 27 with 3707 viewsSpiritofGregory

Just tell him we'll talk at the end of the season and then get rid.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 14:34 - Feb 27 with 3697 viewsDANRANGER

He is hardly going to accept 20k a week or thereabouts so for his seasons wages alone we can surely pick up a younger version without all the bad habits our Joey brings or give a youth teamer a go. Time to move on, no discussion required.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 14:43 - Feb 27 with 3688 viewsPeterHucker

If the club don't get rid of him at the end of the season then they're even more clueless than Barton himself.
Plenty of other players out there who can do as good a job as Barton without all the additional grief he inevitably brings.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:29 - Feb 27 with 3654 viewsFredManRave

Before he goes can we all hit him with a shark, inflatable or otherwise?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:31 - Feb 27 with 3648 viewsPinnerPaul

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 13:42 - Feb 27 by QPunkR

No way. There's a lot more reasons than his suspect (nice word) disciplinary record for fúcking him off.

You must be looking forward to next 3 games without anyone out there to annoy you?!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 15:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 3636 viewsQPunkR

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:31 - Feb 27 by PinnerPaul

You must be looking forward to next 3 games without anyone out there to annoy you?!

QPR - "shit but local"

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 3629 viewsRangersw12

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:31 - Feb 27 by PinnerPaul

Fingers crossed we never see him play for us again
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 3629 viewsrobith

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 12:31 - Feb 27 by PeterHucker

the ideal time for him to go would've been just before he signed in the first place.

still can't understand why we didn't just sack him after the Man City debacle. If behaviour like that and then telling lies about other players telling him to do it isn't gross misconduct / bringing the club into disrepute then I don't know what is!

He's been ineffective in 80% of the games he's played and I hate the fact whenever you tell anyone you're a QPR fan the first comment they make is usually something about Barton.

Something has always struck me as fishy about that - Barton claims he offered to resign, we declined, then spent two off seasons trying to bomb him out for free. If that was the plan surely we would have just binned him?

Personally I wish we had. I have detested him ever since that day, still can't bring myself to cheer his name when it's called out pre match
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:38 - Feb 27 with 3627 viewsPinnerPaul

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:34 - Feb 27 by QPunkR

Assuming we go with 2 in the middle and if Sandro not fit, who do you think CR will go with to partner Henry?

Have a horrible feeling Doughty not fit the way CR was saying on offy that we have a few injuries and that centre mid was a "problem"
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:41 - Feb 27 with 3615 viewssimmo

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:38 - Feb 27 by PinnerPaul

Assuming we go with 2 in the middle and if Sandro not fit, who do you think CR will go with to partner Henry?

Have a horrible feeling Doughty not fit the way CR was saying on offy that we have a few injuries and that centre mid was a "problem"

Cometh the hour......

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 15:42]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:57 - Feb 27 with 3593 viewsQPunkR

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:41 - Feb 27 by simmo

Cometh the hour......

Yes!! Wet bikini time!!

if only, sigh

QPR - "shit but local"

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:00 - Feb 27 with 3585 viewsBklynRanger

Excellent choice of Madman Diakite montage pics there Simmo. :)

I don't think we should renew his contract, but I also think he's been one of the many players let down by HR's lack of effort. Purely in the sense of what CR has said about Joey - he shouldn't be running all over the pitch like a blue-arsed fly because it makes him less effective. He'd been playing well under CR except for the Hull game. I'd like to get what we can out of him after the ban and then move him on.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:01 - Feb 27 with 3583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We will probably need him again before the season is out, but after that it's a simple decision. There are more talented, professional and financially viable options out there. To keep him would be lazy, as well as foolish.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:22 - Feb 27 with 3546 viewsbosh67

Daft stupid thing he did against Hull. Petulant and ill advised. Have we missed him when he's been out of the team? Yup. Will we need him back to see out the season and try and avoid the drop. Yes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:37 - Feb 27 with 3524 viewsPinnerPaul

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:22 - Feb 27 by bosh67

Daft stupid thing he did against Hull. Petulant and ill advised. Have we missed him when he's been out of the team? Yup. Will we need him back to see out the season and try and avoid the drop. Yes.

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:54 - Feb 27 with 3499 viewsJamie

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 15:41 - Feb 27 by simmo

Cometh the hour......

Shame he didnt make the 25, would certainly liven up the arsenal game seeing him chop Ozil, Cazorla etc off at the knee before the inevitable 28th minute red card.

Wengers post match meltdown would be epic too.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 16:58 - Feb 27 with 3491 viewswood_hoop

Exactly why football is going so downhill, virtually talentless, gets a massive salary and deigns for us to regard him as 'unmissable' when not playing.

Pressure is going to get even more intense as the last few games roll on, showed enough times he cannot be trusted one iota, and having a man short is almost like handing the three points on a plate.

Will disagree with you bosh67, it's extremley risky this man even being on the pitch at any time, give me more hope if a supporter was plucked from the crowd who happened to have his plimsols with him....
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 17:17 - Feb 27 with 3450 viewsMarc

Remember when we played a few games with a CM partnership of Henry/Sandro and how much better we looked as a team? Yeah, i miss that partnership.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 04:55 - Feb 28 with 3268 viewssmegma

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 17:17 - Feb 27 by Marc

Remember when we played a few games with a CM partnership of Henry/Sandro and how much better we looked as a team? Yeah, i miss that partnership.

Yeah, the daylight robbery vs Liverpool and City plus the 2-0 win v Villa. How we only got 4 points instead of 9 is beyond me. We made all 3 teams midfield look ordinary.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 3197 viewsMarc

Why it's time for Joey to go... on 04:55 - Feb 28 by smegma

Yeah, the daylight robbery vs Liverpool and City plus the 2-0 win v Villa. How we only got 4 points instead of 9 is beyond me. We made all 3 teams midfield look ordinary.

Not wrong, then sadly it became the Barton show once more due to Sandro picking up an injury.
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 09:40 - Feb 28 with 3181 viewsFearless

Can we make sure Sir Les sees this?

Sooner he's gone the better
Why it's time for Joey to go... on 10:23 - Feb 28 with 3156 viewsderbyhoop

I knew my original thread would be provocative so it's no surprise at the number who just want Barton to go. However, nobody has attempted to address my points about why he may be offered an extension.

If we have to start preparing for the Championship with Green, McCarthy, onouha, Dunne, Yun, Phillips, Henry, Adel and a bunch of kids how would we do? There's a lesson about over reliance on kids from Craven Cottage (back me up, Konk).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024