Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Helgusson's B&B 15:23 - Mar 31 with 6173 viewsclassof93

@Joey7Barton: Anybody of to Iceland on their holidays? Me old mucka and QPR legend Heider Helgusson has opened a B&B http://t.co/IDDS0lPpU3 Stay with him.

http://bit.ly/4roomsReykjavik
Helgusson's B&B on 15:27 - Mar 31 with 6152 viewskingsburyR

Heider like to stay there!!!

Coat?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Helgusson's B&B on 15:38 - Mar 31 with 6115 viewswombat

Helgusson's B&B on 15:27 - Mar 31 by kingsburyR

Heider like to stay there!!!

Coat?

got to say the small pic hes put on the site might attract the wrong type of clientel

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Helgusson's B&B on 15:48 - Mar 31 with 6066 viewsWokingR

Helgusson's B&B on 15:38 - Mar 31 by wombat

got to say the small pic hes put on the site might attract the wrong type of clientel

Although he looks slimmer now than he ever did playing for us.
Helgusson's B&B on 16:05 - Mar 31 with 6019 viewsbillericaydicky

I seem to recall that Mrs H was very pleasing on the eye...
Helgusson's B&B on 16:10 - Mar 31 with 6003 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Always reminds me of the time a bloke in the LL (who looked like Bill Sykes) called him "Eidur Elgusson" consequently whenever he's mentioned now I think of Oliver Twist.

Random I know, just been reminded again.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 16:11]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Helgusson's B&B on 16:20 - Mar 31 with 5960 viewsBklynRanger

I'd seriously consider that, always wanted to go to Iceland.

I do have an image of him trudging up the stairs full of Icelandic booze, waking me up before slumping into an armchair and saying:

"So, Brookers, what about zat penalty I scored against The Scum? Fcuking top left corner. Nearly broke that kunt's wrist. Zat was really fcuking something eh? *BELCH*"

"Yes, it was great Heider now if you don't mind I have to get up in two hours..."
Helgusson's B&B on 16:25 - Mar 31 with 5941 viewsMytch_QPR

Helgusson's B&B on 16:20 - Mar 31 by BklynRanger

I do have an image of him trudging up the stairs full of Icelandic booze, waking me up before slumping into an armchair and saying:

"So, Brookers, what about zat penalty I scored against The Scum? Fcuking top left corner. Nearly broke that kunt's wrist. Zat was really fcuking something eh? *BELCH*"

"Yes, it was great Heider now if you don't mind I have to get up in two hours..."

It's an interesting place if you like cold wind, herrings, fermented shark, volcanic spas, vodka and various other hard spirits. And herrings.

Personally I love herrings with ice cold vodka so I really enjoyed it - and the Icelanders are very friendly (although they seem to sound like Americans when they speak English so I assume they've all learnt from the same DVD / CD).

The really strange thing is the constant whiff of sulphur when you have a bath or shower - it's all geothermal, baby.

Did I mention the herrings?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Helgusson's B&B on 17:40 - Mar 31 with 5765 viewsbosh67

He does a particularly good leaping salmon.

I would go there if we can get him back to play alongside Charlie for the run in. Wish he was still here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Helgusson's B&B on 17:53 - Mar 31 with 5716 viewsted_hendrix

Helgusson's B&B on 16:25 - Mar 31 by Mytch_QPR

It's an interesting place if you like cold wind, herrings, fermented shark, volcanic spas, vodka and various other hard spirits. And herrings.

Personally I love herrings with ice cold vodka so I really enjoyed it - and the Icelanders are very friendly (although they seem to sound like Americans when they speak English so I assume they've all learnt from the same DVD / CD).

The really strange thing is the constant whiff of sulphur when you have a bath or shower - it's all geothermal, baby.

Did I mention the herrings?

In a fight between a kipper and a herring the kipper would win all day long.

Kippers can handle themselves.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Helgusson's B&B on 20:36 - Mar 31 with 5513 viewsLblock

Helgusson's B&B on 17:53 - Mar 31 by ted_hendrix

In a fight between a kipper and a herring the kipper would win all day long.

Kippers can handle themselves.

Nah, surely it would be a tie?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Helgusson's B&B on 21:00 - Mar 31 with 5476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Helgusson's B&B on 20:36 - Mar 31 by Lblock

Y'see, that's just class, that is...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Helgusson's B&B on 21:59 - Mar 31 with 5401 viewsAgedR

An up arrow doesn't do that post justice Bklyn.

You know if he suggested putting the video on with the sound on full blast you'd have to join him for a late tipple

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Helgusson's B&B on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 5336 viewsted_hendrix

Helgusson's B&B on 20:36 - Mar 31 by Lblock

What come first? the kipper or the herring?

The majestic kipper.

The herring isn't a proper fish Its a sort of second hand fish it pretends to be a kipper.

The kipper is king.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Helgusson's B&B on 05:13 - Apr 1 with 5199 viewsBklynRanger

Helgusson's B&B on 21:59 - Mar 31 by AgedR

An up arrow doesn't do that post justice Bklyn.

You know if he suggested putting the video on with the sound on full blast you'd have to join him for a late tipple

Ha, true mate. Instead of a bracing jaunt round a few volcanoes the whole long weekend could easily turn into a trip down memory lane courtesy of Heider's booze cabinet.
Helgusson's B&B on 07:23 - Apr 1 with 5155 viewsKonk

I think icelandair allow you to stop over in Iceland for up to a week on London > NYC > London flights. Great place - a bit weird, but in a good way. Nice locals, interesting landscape and I became seriously addicted to their smoked lamb on flatbread. We went in winter to see the Northern lights - didn't see a sausage, but had a great laugh with our guide, anyhow. Would love to go back in the Summer.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Helgusson's B&B on 08:14 - Apr 1 with 5101 viewsaston_hoop

Yep this is basically my summer holiday sorted, Iceland has been on the list for a long time. As long as what Brooklyn says actually happens and everything.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Helgusson's B&B on 09:09 - Apr 2 with 4840 viewsFearless

Helgusson's B&B on 08:14 - Apr 1 by aston_hoop

Yep this is basically my summer holiday sorted, Iceland has been on the list for a long time. As long as what Brooklyn says actually happens and everything.

Went to Iceland this time 2 years ago.

Stayed in a converted paint factory owned by Iceland air - excellent location and wacky decor.
Did several tours with superjeep.is who I would massively recommend.

Got to see the northern lights (with superjeep, if you don't see them on 1st night you get a second attempt free)

Brilliant holiday - geysers, geo thermal pools, glaciers, volcanoes, whale watching...

... And herrings
Helgusson's B&B on 09:30 - Apr 2 with 4813 viewskensalriser

A kipper is just a herring in disguise.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Helgusson's B&B on 10:17 - Apr 2 with 4777 views18StoneOfHoop

Got lovely knitwear!

Who went in Sept 76?
11,000 attendance second Stan Bowles hat-trick over the two legs.

Read the whole excellent Brann Bergen special by Martin Percival over at Indy R's:
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2012/01/brann-bergen-0-queens-park-rangers-7-29th-septem

I strongly recommend this cracking wee quirky cool Icelandic film:

Great opening:
[Post edited 2 Apr 2015 10:20]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Helgusson's B&B on 11:45 - Apr 2 with 4696 viewsTGRRRSSS

Didn;t think much of the website though. I'd consider going though, never been to Iceland
Helgusson's B&B on 18:17 - Apr 2 with 4559 viewsgobbles

Helgusson's B&B on 10:17 - Apr 2 by 18StoneOfHoop

Got lovely knitwear!

Who went in Sept 76?
11,000 attendance second Stan Bowles hat-trick over the two legs.

Read the whole excellent Brann Bergen special by Martin Percival over at Indy R's:
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2012/01/brann-bergen-0-queens-park-rangers-7-29th-septem

I strongly recommend this cracking wee quirky cool Icelandic film:

Great opening:
[Post edited 2 Apr 2015 10:20]

Bergen is in Norway. We played Reykjavik in 1984 and won 3-0 away and 4-0 at "home".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024