Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin 20:24 - Apr 1 with 2711 viewsHooparoo

So great to see Ale back in training. Reading his interview on the offish reminded me what a strong character he is. Such a shame he isn't in the 25 but hopefully he'll be a positive influence around the club in the battles to come.

Wish we had another 10 just like him.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Faurlin on 21:10 - Apr 1 with 2636 viewsbosh67

Model professional. Hope that as part of the 'revolution' that her is retained. If he can't play then he can coach. We certainly need people like Ale around the club for the future.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin on 23:39 - Apr 1 with 2513 viewsTrom

In terms of attitude yes, but in terms of ACLs I'm not sure.

Hope for the lad that he can battle back but the precedents can't be good.
Faurlin on 11:55 - Apr 2 with 2355 viewsozexile

I think we'll release him.
Faurlin on 12:02 - Apr 2 with 2341 viewsLblock

If he's settled living in London, has his badges and can offer coaching... plus wants to do it and the club can afford it then he's a stayer for me.

However I think he's likely to move back to the land of bully beef to be with his family.

Such a shame.
Am I right that Harry Red-crock-of-lies did his best to get Ale out of the club a while back? I'm so blinded by my hate for the man I cant get straight if it was him or Hughesless who binned Ale off to Palemero or somewhere???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Faurlin on 12:04 - Apr 2 with 2335 viewsdaveB

Faurlin on 12:02 - Apr 2 by Lblock

If he's settled living in London, has his badges and can offer coaching... plus wants to do it and the club can afford it then he's a stayer for me.

However I think he's likely to move back to the land of bully beef to be with his family.

Such a shame.
Am I right that Harry Red-crock-of-lies did his best to get Ale out of the club a while back? I'm so blinded by my hate for the man I cant get straight if it was him or Hughesless who binned Ale off to Palemero or somewhere???

Redknapp loaned him to Palermo but at the time he wasn't playing well and the move kind of made sense. He was back involved after we got relegated.
Faurlin on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 2331 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Do any other cynical feckers like me think the club leeches off his popularity at times?

That half time wheel out at Everton was nice, but a touch cringey. If the club really want to help him out get him his coaching badges (as mentioned earlier) and offer him something if the recovery doesn't work out.

Maybe they are and I am just naturally pessimistic (I am).
[Post edited 2 Apr 2015 12:10]
Faurlin on 12:21 - Apr 2 with 2308 viewsozexile

Mind you swp is leaving that'll free up some cash. Maybe another year.
Faurlin on 12:41 - Apr 2 with 2279 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faurlin on 12:21 - Apr 2 by ozexile

Mind you swp is leaving that'll free up some cash. Maybe another year.

That money has already been set aside for Gabriel Batistuta or another young hungry pro.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin on 12:44 - Apr 2 with 2272 viewsHooparoo

Faurlin on 12:41 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

That money has already been set aside for Gabriel Batistuta or another young hungry pro.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Faurlin on 15:15 - Apr 2 with 2137 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 12:04 - Apr 2 by daveB

Redknapp loaned him to Palermo but at the time he wasn't playing well and the move kind of made sense. He was back involved after we got relegated.

didn't make sense at all. Palermo didn't really use him so he actually played even less and we could have done with him as the season wore on. And his replacement? Jermaine f'n Jenas. Had we bought someone in of quality it might have made sense.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 15:16 - Apr 2 with 2134 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 12:05 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do any other cynical feckers like me think the club leeches off his popularity at times?

That half time wheel out at Everton was nice, but a touch cringey. If the club really want to help him out get him his coaching badges (as mentioned earlier) and offer him something if the recovery doesn't work out.

Maybe they are and I am just naturally pessimistic (I am).
[Post edited 2 Apr 2015 12:10]

how on earth was it cringey?

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 2079 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faurlin on 15:16 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

how on earth was it cringey?

It was like sending Lucy Pinder out to the lads at Camp Bastion for a little cheer me up.

Just not a fan of clubs manipulating emotion thats all. The plastic flags at Wembley were similar.

Not a slight on the player at all. I still clapped him, and I still got Zamora syndrome last May like everyone else.

Just a small irk, otherwise pleased to see him there.
Faurlin on 00:18 - Apr 3 with 1932 viewsQPR_ARG

Faurlin on 12:04 - Apr 2 by daveB

Not only it didn't make sense to send Ale out on loan, but to me, it was also the moment when I completely lost any little bit of respect I could have had for Harry.

He treated Ale like a disease. Told Ale he wasn't going to play him. Then told him to reject 4 offers from other clubs because he was yet to find a replacement. Eventually, the only way Ale had to play a little bit of football that second semester of the season was to take the loan offer from Palermo (a club that were more in a mess than we were! They sacked and re-hired the same manager in a matter of weeks!).

And in the meantime, we were playing shït and going down. But of course the media and a great portion of our fans thought it was all Hughes' fault. Not defending the horrible job Sparky did at QPR. Just highlighting how Redknapp refused to use one of our best players and kept giving playing time to true mercenaries until the bitter end.

And before he left, he made sure to leave Ale out of the 25 when we could have used him (AND BY GOD WE DO NEED A PLAYER LIKE HIM!) in the last two months of the season.

Missing Ale was one of the biggest factor for one relegation. We could be seeing history repeating now...
Faurlin on 03:01 - Apr 3 with 1895 viewsSonofNorfolt

Faurlin on 00:18 - Apr 3 by QPR_ARG

Not only it didn't make sense to send Ale out on loan, but to me, it was also the moment when I completely lost any little bit of respect I could have had for Harry.

He treated Ale like a disease. Told Ale he wasn't going to play him. Then told him to reject 4 offers from other clubs because he was yet to find a replacement. Eventually, the only way Ale had to play a little bit of football that second semester of the season was to take the loan offer from Palermo (a club that were more in a mess than we were! They sacked and re-hired the same manager in a matter of weeks!).

And in the meantime, we were playing shït and going down. But of course the media and a great portion of our fans thought it was all Hughes' fault. Not defending the horrible job Sparky did at QPR. Just highlighting how Redknapp refused to use one of our best players and kept giving playing time to true mercenaries until the bitter end.

And before he left, he made sure to leave Ale out of the 25 when we could have used him (AND BY GOD WE DO NEED A PLAYER LIKE HIM!) in the last two months of the season.

Missing Ale was one of the biggest factor for one relegation. We could be seeing history repeating now...

Except for the tiny little problem with his knees.
A brilliant footballer, but three ACL injuries, none of which could be blamed on the opposition, has done for him. I was at all three games when these occurred. The second one against Derby was the killer for me, the other leg, then at Burton he wasn't even near the ball.
I would love him to resurrect his career, I just can't see it.
Faurlin on 10:03 - Apr 3 with 1788 viewsA40Bosh

Recently our ex-drummer has been working in a coffee shop in Chiswick and Ale apparently practically now lives in there. Until he was told by someone else what Ale does for a living he had no idea from Ale that he played for QPR. He spends most of the time helping make coffee for other customers and chatting to everyone. According to my mate Ale is the single nicest bloke on the entire planet he was had the fortune to get to know even if he does drive an 80k Porsche!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Faurlin on 10:13 - Apr 3 with 1775 viewsToast_R

Faurlin on 15:49 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was like sending Lucy Pinder out to the lads at Camp Bastion for a little cheer me up.

Just not a fan of clubs manipulating emotion thats all. The plastic flags at Wembley were similar.

Not a slight on the player at all. I still clapped him, and I still got Zamora syndrome last May like everyone else.

Bazza....
I reckon your reading too much into things. Getting offended over a simple gesture by the club to give Ale some applause from the supporters which just may spur him on back to full fitness as he can see how well he is thought of. At the moment he has obviously not given up on his playing career and is putting all his time into rehab and training. Getting him to do the coaching badges at this stage would be a bit of a piss take.
Faurlin on 11:35 - Apr 3 with 1743 viewsterryb

I've just watched his interview on London Call In (posted in full on not606).

Well worth the the 35 minutes, apart from sound issues. He stated that he regards London as his family home & that he loves his friends coffee shop. He refers to the club as "mad QPR" & was very touched by how supporters would love to see him play again, but only if this caused him no further harm.

I got the impression that if he can't still play as a professional he will try to turn out on a Sunday morning. If any of you run a side in his area, get in there quick!

Born in the Argentine, but his heart belongs to Shepherds Bush!
Faurlin on 12:04 - Apr 3 with 1717 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faurlin on 10:13 - Apr 3 by Toast_R

Bazza....
I reckon your reading too much into things. Getting offended over a simple gesture by the club to give Ale some applause from the supporters which just may spur him on back to full fitness as he can see how well he is thought of. At the moment he has obviously not given up on his playing career and is putting all his time into rehab and training. Getting him to do the coaching badges at this stage would be a bit of a piss take.

Never said I was offended, just that I suspect the Faurlin love in is a bit artificial from the club. Not saying the same about the fans.

Yeah let him do what he wants, but if he was sensible he would be doing his coaching badges for a 'just in case' situation where he can't play again but by all means fight for your career Ale.
Faurlin on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 1698 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin on 15:49 - Apr 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Shame on the club for wanting to cheer us up when we're so miserable.
Really odd view to have, Baz.
The flags looked great. You didn't have to wave one. Nice memento from a great day.
Jesus, I thought I was cynical. Must be a dark world, Baz.

Bare bones.

Faurlin on 12:49 - Apr 3 with 1669 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Faurlin on 12:20 - Apr 3 by Antti_Heinola

Shame on the club for wanting to cheer us up when we're so miserable.
Really odd view to have, Baz.
The flags looked great. You didn't have to wave one. Nice memento from a great day.
Jesus, I thought I was cynical. Must be a dark world, Baz.

Just airing the possibility that the PR machine didn't have a day off v Everton. Try not to let my fleeting comment ruin your day, seeing as your 'knee jerks' are always so positive.

The Faurlin thing was nice moment, as was the day out at Wembley. But hey, i've said that twice already so i'm sure you read my posts fully and properly.
Faurlin on 23:49 - Apr 3 with 1527 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin on 11:35 - Apr 3 by terryb

I've just watched his interview on London Call In (posted in full on not606).

Well worth the the 35 minutes, apart from sound issues. He stated that he regards London as his family home & that he loves his friends coffee shop. He refers to the club as "mad QPR" & was very touched by how supporters would love to see him play again, but only if this caused him no further harm.

I got the impression that if he can't still play as a professional he will try to turn out on a Sunday morning. If any of you run a side in his area, get in there quick!

Born in the Argentine, but his heart belongs to Shepherds Bush!

Accrington Stanley Bowles, the QPR supporters' XI will be in touch!!

Right, who's got his contact details? What's this coffee shop called?
Faurlin on 08:37 - Apr 4 with 1459 viewsMetallica_Hoop

They say bad things come in threes so maybe he's had his three.

*toco Madero* Ale.

He'd be useful next year in some capacity.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Faurlin on 09:11 - Apr 4 with 1440 viewssilky

You are simply a blind human being with no emotion if you don't have a soft spot for our Ale.

He so so thankful of where he is and that he had/has the ability to play at the highest level. Unbelievably open and honest professional and person. You can just tell by the look on his face alone that he been through hell and back with us.

A person I want to see around QPR for a long time to come in any form.

Players like him are a special but sadly dying breed of footballer!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024