Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throwing in the Towell? 10:15 - Jul 8 with 2071 viewsaston_hoop

http://talksport.com/football/qpr-keeping-close-tabs-former-celtic-star-15070815

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Throwing in the Towell? on 10:29 - Jul 8 with 1999 viewsJonDoeman

Pleased we are scouting players like this. So I am.

It Is What It Is !!

Throwing in the Towell? on 12:25 - Jul 8 with 1836 viewskingsburyR

I've heard the word "scouting" more in the last 3 months than I have in the last 10 years!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Throwing in the Towell? on 12:50 - Jul 8 with 1689 viewsadhoc_qpr

Scored 1 goal in 30 appearances for Hibs...
Throwing in the Towell? on 12:59 - Jul 8 with 1649 viewsFredManRave

He could be handy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Throwing in the Towell? on 12:59 - Jul 8 with 1644 viewsSir_Chops

Throwing in the Towell? on 12:50 - Jul 8 by adhoc_qpr

Scored 1 goal in 30 appearances for Hibs...

Yeah, but the Wikipedia page also says:
"Despite this bad start, Towell helped to solidify the Hibs defence during the latter part of the 2010—11 season." So they weren't using him in an attacking capacity.
Throwing in the Towell? on 21:12 - Jul 8 with 1281 viewskarl

Throwing in the Towell? on 12:59 - Jul 8 by Sir_Chops

Yeah, but the Wikipedia page also says:
"Despite this bad start, Towell helped to solidify the Hibs defence during the latter part of the 2010—11 season." So they weren't using him in an attacking capacity.

He was on loan at Hibs from Celtic and was average at best but overall poor most of the time, played as a full back for both Celtic (i'm pretty sure) and Hibs but i believe he has moved into midfield over in Ireland and been successful enough to get a call up to the full international squad.
There is a young lad who does media work on League of Ireland based in Ireland who keeps posting updates to Hibsnet website of any ex Hibees etc and he has been giving him good reviews which most Hibs fans find hard to believe but he is adamant that he has improved markedly from his Hibs time, he also watches Hibs as a fan of the club so is aware of the history. He would have to be a big improvement for me to want him at Hibs or QPR
Throwing in the Towell? on 08:27 - Jul 9 with 922 viewsDorse

He sounds like the sort of player that we should be considering. He's the right sort of age, sounds like he fits the 'hungry' category (rather than the 'full' category populated by Taraabt and Krancjar in recent times) and has a goal in him. If we can get him for a reasonable fee, it sounds like a great bit of business.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Throwing in the Towell? on 14:52 - Jul 9 with 803 viewsaston_hoop

By good fortune after posting this yesterday, I met a couple of Dundalk natives last night who reckon this guy is head and shoulders above everyone else in the Irish league. Highly creative and capable of a spectacular goal or 3 apparently.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Throwing in the Towell? on 15:06 - Jul 9 with 748 viewsadhoc_qpr

In the position we're in, we probably need to take a gamble on a few of these type of players.

There have been a few players from Ireland that have panned out - Meyler from Hull and Shane Long for example.

I wouldn't have very high expectations from his career to date though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024