Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 09:47 - Aug 31 with 3466 viewsChesshoop

Based on the above, and the results of last 18 months in a relatively low standard of Academy football( Cat2)ex players don't all make great coaches.

A youth recruitment policy cannot be based on sharing the same agent as prominent people at QPR or an old friends and family attitude ( see last weeks U18 signing).

A 16 year old released in April, has been on the first team bench for Gillingham for last few games, how can he not be better than the current cohort( perhaps he didn't want the right agent).

During the international break, some attention from high up within QPR should be turned to what is allegedly a cornerstone of their vision for our club.
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:54 - Aug 31 with 3431 viewsGloucs_R

Another thread digging at the club. Getting boring now. The club us rebuilding, these things take time.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 3303 viewsconnell10

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:54 - Aug 31 by Gloucs_R

Another thread digging at the club. Getting boring now. The club us rebuilding, these things take time.

Lots of agendas methinks mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 3064 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 15:01 - Aug 31 with 2947 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 16:25 - Aug 31 with 2774 viewsvegasranger

Have to agree with Chesshoop. The player you are talking about is the lad from Andros Townsend's fathers academy? Released by Spurs at 10 years old. Certainly seems like a favour to promote the academy. If we are really serious about developing the youth set up bringing in coaches like Paul Hall, probably won't help. I can't find what experience he has to be in charge of the EDS. I would have thought it would have been better looking to get in a youth coach from somewhere like Southampton to revamp the set up.
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:31 - Sep 3 with 2507 viewsnadera78

9-0 against Charlton is clearly not a good sign. Nor is seeing Darren Oldaker, a 16 year old we released last season, on the subs bench for Gillingham.

It has to be a worry.
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:36 - Sep 3 with 2491 viewsWatford_Ranger

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:31 - Sep 3 by nadera78

9-0 against Charlton is clearly not a good sign. Nor is seeing Darren Oldaker, a 16 year old we released last season, on the subs bench for Gillingham.

It has to be a worry.

I can't say I'm worried about it.
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 10:01 - Sep 3 with 2446 viewstoboboly

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 09:54 - Aug 31 by Gloucs_R

20 years rebuilding so far....

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 10:07 - Sep 3 with 2432 viewssimmo

I am not that fussed - the club have already stated that they are not putting focus on results where the youth teams are concerned, they want to promote the right way of playing first and foremost. Results mean fck all at that level until we can build a proper philosophy.

You have to say that given the conditions, facilities and status of our youth we have done remarkably well to produce players like Doughty, Furlong, Kpekwa, RGC, etc.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 11:20 - Sep 3 with 2351 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't know enough to comment either way, and I suspect very few do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:06 - Sep 3 with 2285 viewssimmo

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 16:25 - Aug 31 by vegasranger

Have to agree with Chesshoop. The player you are talking about is the lad from Andros Townsend's fathers academy? Released by Spurs at 10 years old. Certainly seems like a favour to promote the academy. If we are really serious about developing the youth set up bringing in coaches like Paul Hall, probably won't help. I can't find what experience he has to be in charge of the EDS. I would have thought it would have been better looking to get in a youth coach from somewhere like Southampton to revamp the set up.

Yeah, we should get a youth coach from Southampton, one of the best youth clubs in the country, with the highest possible rating, facilities and talent and get them to leave that job and come to coach a Championship teams kids, 2 categories below Southamption, on a university field.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:22 - Sep 3 with 2252 viewsBromleyHoop

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 11:20 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Neither do I but just because QPR are doing well in the league, Ramsey is impressing and we are restructuring doesn't mean to say that we shouldn't shine a light on all aspects of the club especially if there are reports of nepotism.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:26 - Sep 3 with 2244 viewsNorthernr

I make Brian McCarthy right. There was obviously a cull of long serving coaches, many of them QPR people, Kevin Gallen included, when Mike Rigg swept in and appointed anybody who'd ever taken a sht in a Welsh service station to senior roles.

There also seems to have been another load of changes under Les Ferdinand, with his ex QPR team mates like Impey getting involved and quite a few former Spurs guys arriving.

So there's a lot of disgruntled people out there who feel they've been bombed out so somebody else can appoint their mates. I've seen a few message board posts on here like this one, and there was that bloke who wrote a full length article and posted it online about the failings under Rigg. They're hard to judge because you would say that wouldn't you after losing your job?

I'd be more sympathetic if the youth team had been producing anything before Ferdinand or before Rigg but it wasn't. It may be that these people have lost out incorrectly in a 'jobs for the boys' exercise, but I don't see many QPR first teamers on their CVs. We haven't graduated a first team regular since Langley.

As simmo said, results aren't everything. In fact, we suffer in this country from playing to win at all costs from a young age rather than playing to develop the player. I've told this story before but when Young North was in the juniors at Scunthorpe United they released dozens of kids because they were "too small" and absolutely fcking loved this one lad from Gainsborough who at the age of 12 was built like a nightclub bouncer. By the time they got to under 18s the Gainsborough lad was still the same size, everybody had caught up with him, and lo and behold he actually technically wasn't that good, he'd just looked good earlier because everybody was half his size and he could kick the ball further than them. But Gainsborough, and then Scunny, won more U12 matches with the man child knocking everybody out the way and that was all that mattered when actually they'd have been better off losing every week with the smaller, but better, players and developing their ball skills, control, game intelligence etc so that when they did grow physically the results would come then. Scunthorpe, like us, also rarely graduate youth team players despite not having another professional club within 30 miles of them.

The youth team has won cups and leagues and play offs every year but never produced players for the first team, so results aren't everything. The lad at Gillingham may be a mistake, or he may be another Giles Coke or Josh Parker who we released and have gone on to have careers at a reasonable level under previous regimes.

All that said, losing 9-0 to Charlton is fairly alarming.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:28 - Sep 3 with 2230 viewsTacticalR

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 11:20 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

We shouldn't let not knowing enough stop us commenting. That would be an infringement of our civil liberties.

Air hostess clique

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 2144 viewsMatch82

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:28 - Sep 3 by TacticalR

We shouldn't let not knowing enough stop us commenting. That would be an infringement of our civil liberties.

Would also render this message board pointless!
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:34 - Sep 3 with 2118 viewsMedwayR

While a 9-0 loss never looks good it's difficult to judge without knowing more. I'm sure I've heard our coaches talk about regularly promoting players to play games above their age group to challenge them & aid their development, in which case we could have had a team with plenty of 16 year-olds and possibly even some 15 year-olds playing against 18 year-olds, effectively men vs boys. In which case the result would not be a surprise and would also be irrelevant as the purpose of such exercises is to develop the players. No doubt any young player in that game would have learnt a lot, you always learn more from situations like this than winning games 2-0 every week, it's just down to the coaches to manage the boys confidence & development to make sure they aren't damaged by such experiences.

Poll: Who’s better?

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 2108 viewskensalriser

Thank goodness for sense.

Limiting this board to informed and knowlegeable commentary would amount to discrimination against nearly all of us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 2091 viewswhittocksRs

With all the personnel changes at every level of coaching over the past few years, it's no surprise results are wildly inconsistent, though a 9-0 defeat is pretty shocking whatever the case.

It's entirely unclear if Fernandes really wants to develop young players, or if the new regime will look to sign lower league players, a la Luongo and Gladwin, as the model for the first-team.

We've not got the set-up to compete with Southampton or the established Premiere League teams so no point in comparing us to them. We should be looking to replicate what clubs like Crewe and Ipswich do to bring steady streams through on limited budgets.

I like the look of the kids who've made the first team, especially Doughty, so despite all of the chaos something must be getting done right as these boys look ready. Surprised Petrasso hasn't featured for the first team yet - looks like a good option on the wings.
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 2011 viewsTacticalR

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:44 - Sep 3 by kensalriser

Thank goodness for sense.

Limiting this board to informed and knowlegeable commentary would amount to discrimination against nearly all of us.

Exactly. If people who don't know anything about football are allowed to buy football clubs I really don't see why people who don't know anything about football shouldn't be allowed to comment on them.

Air hostess clique

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 15:50 - Sep 3 with 1983 viewsvegasranger

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:06 - Sep 3 by simmo

Yeah, we should get a youth coach from Southampton, one of the best youth clubs in the country, with the highest possible rating, facilities and talent and get them to leave that job and come to coach a Championship teams kids, 2 categories below Southamption, on a university field.

Well maybe a Southampton coach wouldn't be interested in the challenge I agree but surely there are better option out there than Paul Hall?
Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 16:07 - Sep 3 with 1958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 12:22 - Sep 3 by BromleyHoop

Neither do I but just because QPR are doing well in the league, Ramsey is impressing and we are restructuring doesn't mean to say that we shouldn't shine a light on all aspects of the club especially if there are reports of nepotism.

True.

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 16:08 - Sep 3 with 1951 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Also true.

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 16:10 - Sep 3 with 1945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton U 18 - 9 - QPR - U18 -0 on 13:23 - Sep 3 by Match82

Would also render this message board pointless!

And also true.

Turns out I knew three things were true. Better than I'd expected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024