Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could be a crucial week for our future! 07:25 - Nov 2 with 5832 viewsSeasideranger

A heavy defeat ,as I expect, at Derby and the powers that be still stick with Ramsey I think the dis harmony among many will become irreversible!
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:12 - Nov 2 with 4009 viewsToast_R

Rambuckle just does not have it. No needle, no galvanising presence giving us the feel that he's in command of the club's destiny. You get the feeling the players feel that too. After a relegation I just reckon you need someone in that dressing room with a bit more ommff. Ramsey nice guy, nice ideas etc is not going to cut it in this league. Us fans feel it too, he's not getting a fair crack at it because he does not get the respect other managers have got in the past. Why? No cv that catches the imagination? Plus the fact rightly or wrongly, he took the club down when there was a chance someone else could have saved it. TF promised a dream manager and I think the general consensus is that he short changed us.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 10:14]
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:16 - Nov 2 with 3995 viewsadhoc_qpr

I just don't trust the board to get the managerial appointment right mid-season!

Stick with CR (unless we drop into serious relegation trouble) but plan to bin him at the end of the season and get a replacement in early with the whole off season to work with.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:52 - Nov 2 with 3918 viewsTHEBUSH

One mistake after another, our club got the manager and coach positions the wrong way round.
Should have been Warnock as manager and Ramsey as coach.

If Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey can swallow their pride, they should reverse the manager/coach positions now !!
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:54 - Nov 2 with 3908 viewssimmo

Reckon he's already lined up to be replaced/let go. Waiting until after tomorrow which is a guaranteed beating anyway. Think they will have new people for the very likely win on Saturday - would put a lot of money on it being 2 certain people close to the club already...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:56 - Nov 2 with 3895 viewsAntti_Heinola

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:52 - Nov 2 by THEBUSH

One mistake after another, our club got the manager and coach positions the wrong way round.
Should have been Warnock as manager and Ramsey as coach.

If Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey can swallow their pride, they should reverse the manager/coach positions now !!

Warnock isn't interested. He may be persuadable as caretaker, but that's it. So let's stop this nonsense.

Bare bones.

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:56 - Nov 2 with 3892 viewsHooparoo

When I see how well Paul Clement is doing at Derby, I can't help but wonder might have been if he came to us instead.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:03 - Nov 2 with 3857 viewswombat

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:56 - Nov 2 by Hooparoo

When I see how well Paul Clement is doing at Derby, I can't help but wonder might have been if he came to us instead.

shaun derry anyone ?
warnock stays on board in the same role derry takes over the reigns , Tf makes another the fans will love him appointment and derry will be cheap

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:11 - Nov 2 with 3830 viewsadhoc_qpr

Starting slowly but now unbeaten in 9 and improving all the time - sign of a good coach!
Login to get fewer ads

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:11 - Nov 2 with 3829 viewsGloucs_R

We'd have sacked him after 5 his first 5 games! (Or at least 75% of the fans would have been calling for that!!)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:35 - Nov 2 with 3768 viewsVish

Paul Clement had gone to a club with foundations, ethic, strong board and a team that was solid. It was far easier for his to slot in there and take over.

With us, there is a lot to do not just get a playing XI together. Its a tough job for anyone to come into, and i am not sure who would want it either.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 3749 viewsNW10Hoop

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:11 - Nov 2 by Gloucs_R

We'd have sacked him after 5 his first 5 games! (Or at least 75% of the fans would have been calling for that!!)

Nope. Can we stop ragging out our own fans? Yes there have been people calling for Ramsey to go since the beginning of the season, but that's because they are also judging his 5 months in charge last season too.

The people who have been up for giving Ramsey a fair crack (of which I think I'm one) are only judging him from this season, and as gutless as many performances have been, it's still too early to arbitrarily make changes in the hope that that sorts everything out.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 3746 viewsstevec

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:11 - Nov 2 by adhoc_qpr

Starting slowly but now unbeaten in 9 and improving all the time - sign of a good coach!

Nicely worded.

It's the bit that us ignoramuses, the so called 75%, need explaining to us. Exactly when did Ramsey show any signs of 'improving all the time'? In fact, I'll settle for any time.

I am prepared to be educated.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:53 - Nov 2 with 3715 viewsadhoc_qpr

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:42 - Nov 2 by NW10Hoop

Nope. Can we stop ragging out our own fans? Yes there have been people calling for Ramsey to go since the beginning of the season, but that's because they are also judging his 5 months in charge last season too.

The people who have been up for giving Ramsey a fair crack (of which I think I'm one) are only judging him from this season, and as gutless as many performances have been, it's still too early to arbitrarily make changes in the hope that that sorts everything out.

This is a pretty reasonable response.

But when is this mythical time that we are allowed to judge Ramsey and he is deemed to have had a fair crack? Half way through the season? One full season?

Ignoring his first 5 months is very dangerous IMO because he is still making many of the same mistakes and has the same level of inconsistency.

Look at the QPR team Warnock got promoted to see what good management can bring to a flawed and unbalanced bunch of players when united - Ramsey doesn't seem to have it in him to do this, a new manager might (but i doubt we'd pick the right one).
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:11 - Nov 2 with 3664 viewsGloucs_R

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:42 - Nov 2 by NW10Hoop

It was a poor attempt at humour!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:29 - Nov 2 with 3606 viewsNW10Hoop

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:53 - Nov 2 by adhoc_qpr

This is a pretty reasonable response.

But when is this mythical time that we are allowed to judge Ramsey and he is deemed to have had a fair crack? Half way through the season? One full season?

Ignoring his first 5 months is very dangerous IMO because he is still making many of the same mistakes and has the same level of inconsistency.

Look at the QPR team Warnock got promoted to see what good management can bring to a flawed and unbalanced bunch of players when united - Ramsey doesn't seem to have it in him to do this, a new manager might (but i doubt we'd pick the right one).

Yeah, I definitely empathize with the Ramsey out brigade - maybe they were just able to see the deficiencies before us "more patient" fans. But I guess I'd like to give him at least until Christmas for a few reasons...

1 - I have no idea how long it takes to drum your ideas into the brains and feet of footballers - particularly if you've had to change your objectives six weeks into a season
2 - I don't think we're gonna get promoted or relegated regardless of who we bring in, so maybe just let things play out a while longer......
3 - There's no obvious replacement out there currently unattached.

I really hope things click into place for Ramsey and the team in the next couple of months, and if they don't at least we won't be left wondering whether we sacked him too early. He does seem to have struggled with the weight of keeping our key players and the increased levels of expectation. You would have hoped that a manager would relish having the best striker (Austin) and one of the best crossers of the ball (Phillips) in the division.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:30 - Nov 2 with 3602 viewsdaveB

Well he had the option but didn't want to, Derby were in a much healthier state than us
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:41 - Nov 2 with 3574 viewsNW10Hoop

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:11 - Nov 2 by Gloucs_R

It was a poor attempt at humour!

Yeah, sorry to jump on it. But it does reflect the view of many on the board, and your post was an easy one to quote to make the point.

Fans wouldn't be singing "we're fcking sht" or "you don't know what you're doing" if the team had bothered to turn up at Fulham. For all the talk of rebuilding and laying foundations blah blah blah - that should all go out the window on derby days. Crapper teams than ours raise their game for local derbies and cup giant klillings. We should leave the match with 4 or 5 bookings and our heads held high regardless of who wins the match.

How do you defend your team's efforts in the pub after a game like that or the second half at Brentford ? I ignored the messages from my Brentford and Fulham supporting mates because it is gutting, even more so because in your heart of hearts you knew it was gonna be the case before the game even started.

I honestly think that if we had got something at Fulham and Brentford there would be far less heat on Ramsey. As much as we say Fulham and Brentford aren't really our rivals, they are. Those are the games that are gonna lose Ramsey his job. There's no shame in losing to Derby away
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 12:50]
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:47 - Nov 2 with 3538 viewsYorkRanger

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:03 - Nov 2 by wombat

shaun derry anyone ?
warnock stays on board in the same role derry takes over the reigns , Tf makes another the fans will love him appointment and derry will be cheap

Loved Derry as a player, but his managerial record hardly breeds confidence.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:51 - Nov 2 with 3516 viewswhittocksRs

The strangest thing about the reaction of QPR fans to Ramsey this season is before it all began in August, almost everyone agreed a mid-table finish, which we're on for, would be fine. Sure, a few of the bigger names stayed when we thought they'd go, but most of them have hardly played.

We've not god-given right to assume we're top two or top six material, especially when the behind-the-scenes affairs are totally chaotic and you have Fernandes talking about 'promotion is everything to me' weeks after saying the exact opposite of that.

All this said, Ramsey is not impressing me with his in-game management, and that is a worry.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:53 - Nov 2 with 3498 viewsToast_R

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:47 - Nov 2 by YorkRanger

It would appease the fan base though and give the whole place a massive lift. That's half the problem at the moment.

Butch Wilkins had no managerial CV but the fans were all calling him back from Palace when Francis walked. Didn't quite work out in the end as his inexperience was exposed in the wake of the Ferdinand and sale. Ironically Ferdnand is on hand to prevent that happening now.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 12:54]
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:58 - Nov 2 with 3476 viewsadhoc_qpr

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:51 - Nov 2 by whittocksRs

The strangest thing about the reaction of QPR fans to Ramsey this season is before it all began in August, almost everyone agreed a mid-table finish, which we're on for, would be fine. Sure, a few of the bigger names stayed when we thought they'd go, but most of them have hardly played.

We've not god-given right to assume we're top two or top six material, especially when the behind-the-scenes affairs are totally chaotic and you have Fernandes talking about 'promotion is everything to me' weeks after saying the exact opposite of that.

All this said, Ramsey is not impressing me with his in-game management, and that is a worry.

This is true.

But then in August most people thought we were in for a season of Poulter upfront, with the likes of Furlong, Kpekawa, Doughty, Grego-Cox etc getting game time.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:06 - Nov 2 with 3449 viewsthemodfather

we are not consistent...confidence seems low and derby will want to stuff us for the wembley win.
i can't see much for r's at the ipro or whatever they call that white shed in a remote field...
do our board and TF want to see protests and demos outside SAR?
qpr fans don't want a new ground , yet, we don't want the world but want to see some fight,passion and effort from whoever wears the hoops...there's time to rally this lot into a cohesive force.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:26 - Nov 2 with 3393 viewsCFW

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:47 - Nov 2 by YorkRanger

Totally agree - if and it is a big if CR get the tin tack then we really do have to get out of this current mindset of offering jobs to people just because they have history with our club. It does not work. Give me someone who has managerial experience, I could not care less if he has never played for us in the past but just give me someone who can sort out or club and team. And it would help if that was sooner rather than later.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:40 - Nov 2 with 3354 viewsNortholt_Rs

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 10:12 - Nov 2 by Toast_R

Rambuckle just does not have it. No needle, no galvanising presence giving us the feel that he's in command of the club's destiny. You get the feeling the players feel that too. After a relegation I just reckon you need someone in that dressing room with a bit more ommff. Ramsey nice guy, nice ideas etc is not going to cut it in this league. Us fans feel it too, he's not getting a fair crack at it because he does not get the respect other managers have got in the past. Why? No cv that catches the imagination? Plus the fact rightly or wrongly, he took the club down when there was a chance someone else could have saved it. TF promised a dream manager and I think the general consensus is that he short changed us.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 10:14]

I'd forgotten all about the 'dream manager' tweet! FFS...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 14:08 - Nov 2 with 3290 viewsibnumber10

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:35 - Nov 2 by Vish

Paul Clement had gone to a club with foundations, ethic, strong board and a team that was solid. It was far easier for his to slot in there and take over.

With us, there is a lot to do not just get a playing XI together. Its a tough job for anyone to come into, and i am not sure who would want it either.

Totally agree,
we need to rebuild the foundations but the board now want promotion with the squad we have, and have changed the remit.
Although many players have commented on Ramsey being a good coach, it's now obvious that he's not able to deliver what the board want, i.e. a promotion challenge, whilst also re-building the squad. The pressure seems to be getting to him, he looks like a dead man walking.
When I look back at the Briatore era, the club constantly changed managers until we got the Amit and Warnock combination
Warnock came in March 2010 and turned us around so quickly to win promotion barely a year later, a fantastic miracle season.
Maybe its a case of getting the right manager / chairman pairing again and some nous in the January transfer window
Although we still require the academy / U21 structure of the club to develop - and this is what Ramsey was brought in for originally.
I agree with some on here that that is probably the ideal role for Ramsey, but can't help thinking that now he's had a taste of managing it would be too much for him to go back to his previous role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024