Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigertwood Retired 12:51 - Oct 7 with 4560 viewsToast_R

LEIGERTWOOD: The club wishes former midfielder Mikele Leigertwood all the best in his retirement #QPR http://t.co/ex18bdfiFS

First signing of the new dawn at QPR. Divided opinion but on his day he was a decent player for us and scored some belters. Personal highlight for me being that rasper against t Stoke at HQ in the Di Canio era of 2007/08 that flew in like a Torpedo. Captain for a while.

Wrecked his hip in a pre season trial apparently, shame.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 13:21]
Leigertwood Retired on 14:36 - Oct 7 with 4370 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thought he was absolute dross mostly but, as you say, flashes of brilliance. I remember best a long range strike at Leicester. Think it finished 1-1.

Anyway, hope he does ok and has saved a few quid.
Leigertwood Retired on 14:49 - Oct 7 with 4342 viewsqueensparker

All the moaning about Henry and Toszer playing together reminds of the same complaints whenever Mahon and Legs used to lethargically "rule" our centre mid.

Always seemed like a nice guy, but on the field was sometimes like all the bad bits of Fer with none of the good bits. Still all the best Legs
Leigertwood Retired on 14:51 - Oct 7 with 4336 viewsblacky200

Wasn't it him who had a go at Paladini on camera when Blackstock was leaving? Respected him so much more after that.
Leigertwood Retired on 16:03 - Oct 7 with 4235 viewsRBlock

Didn't think it was him having a go at Palidini, but I can't remember who it was.

He had this incredible knack of seeming scuffing long shots which then found their way into the back of the net. I swear, even when he scored some corkers, he never appeared to hit the ball cleanly.
Leigertwood Retired on 16:22 - Oct 7 with 4198 viewsKernowRanger

Leigertwood Retired on 14:51 - Oct 7 by blacky200

Wasn't it him who had a go at Paladini on camera when Blackstock was leaving? Respected him so much more after that.

Was Fitz Hall I think
Leigertwood Retired on 16:32 - Oct 7 with 4175 viewsToast_R

Leigertwood Retired on 16:22 - Oct 7 by KernowRanger

Was Fitz Hall I think

I believe it so, was it near the treatment room?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 16:33]
Leigertwood Retired on 17:03 - Oct 7 with 4123 viewsdanehoop

Leigertwood Retired on 14:51 - Oct 7 by blacky200

Hogan ephraim. He started asked basically wtf are you doing selling our best striker to a rival you feckwits

Never knowingly understood

Leigertwood Retired on 17:09 - Oct 7 with 4114 viewsJeff

Leigertwood Retired on 17:03 - Oct 7 by danehoop

Hogan ephraim. He started asked basically wtf are you doing selling our best striker to a rival you feckwits

Leigertwood was the one who, in the voice of a 14 year old whose voice was in the middle of breaking, attempted to give a rousing speech as captain to everyone during the 4YP - something along the lines of 'yeah, i think we should go out there and try really hard and stuff...'

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Leigertwood Retired on 17:42 - Oct 7 with 4076 viewsJamie

Leigertwood Retired on 17:03 - Oct 7 by danehoop

Nah it was Fitz Hall who had a go at Paladini when Blackstock was leaving.

Ephraim has a go at his teammates infront of Briatore.
Leigertwood Retired on 18:08 - Oct 7 with 4030 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leigertwood Retired on 18:12 - Oct 7 with 4023 views18StoneOfHoop

Leigertwood Retired on 17:09 - Oct 7 by Jeff

Leigertwood was the one who, in the voice of a 14 year old whose voice was in the middle of breaking, attempted to give a rousing speech as captain to everyone during the 4YP - something along the lines of 'yeah, i think we should go out there and try really hard and stuff...'

I think he was a better player than a lot of punters on here seem to allow though as Clive pointed out time and time and time again in match reports Mahon and Legs was a terrible turgid uncreative midfield partnership,no question.

He had a game at Selhurst early one season - under Magilton? - when the team was briefly flying and so was he.

I like the way in this soon after arriving at the RzFakeHoopedRoyal Biscuitmen interview he didn't take the easy opportunity to diss the R's and even bigged up his successor Ale Faurlin. Honourable. Decent.

Good luck to him whatever he moves on to now. 6ft 2,cost 900,000 squids
QPR record 2007-2011 141 appearances 12 goals. Only 32 years old.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 8:09]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Leigertwood Retired on 18:59 - Oct 7 with 3946 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mahon worked his ass off, was never lethargic.
I liked Legs. But he was so hit and miss. On his day a beast, but the days didn't come often enough. Had a fab shot on him though.

Bare bones.

Leigertwood Retired on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 3750 viewsMrSheen

Leigertwood Retired on 18:12 - Oct 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

I think he was a better player than a lot of punters on here seem to allow though as Clive pointed out time and time and time again in match reports Mahon and Legs was a terrible turgid uncreative midfield partnership,no question.

He had a game at Selhurst early one season - under Magilton? - when the team was briefly flying and so was he.

I like the way in this soon after arriving at the RzFakeHoopedRoyal Biscuitmen interview he didn't take the easy opportunity to diss the R's and even bigged up his successor Ale Faurlin. Honourable. Decent.

Good luck to him whatever he moves on to now. 6ft 2,cost 900,000 squids
QPR record 2007-2011 141 appearances 12 goals. Only 32 years old.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 8:09]

141 appearances! I have to admit that passed me by. Good luck to him though, we've had an awful lot worse.
Leigertwood Retired on 09:11 - Oct 8 with 3597 viewsDiscodroids

Im sure he was a nice bloke and all that caper, but fack me, he made sir john mills village idiot in Ryans Daughter seem like Gary Kasparov.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Leigertwood Retired on 11:46 - Oct 8 with 3534 viewsTonto

on his day he could be brilliant, but was sooo inconsistent, somethings within a match too. but as is typical of us, he became a boo boy for not doing something or another, and it was a good time for him to leave.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024