Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking 18:38 - Dec 4 with 1523 viewsDylanP

Thank you Mr. Warnock for once again serving our club with distinction, passion and energy. Great job. You will always have a place of huge affection in the hearts and mind of every QPR fan.

BUT ....

Let's knock it off with the legend building. The bloke had two games in charge and people are building up such myths around this turn as interim manager you would have thought we won the Champions League.

Myth 1 is that he fixed our defense. That is simply not the case. Not even close. We have kept clean sheets in five of the last 8 games (we only had one clean sheet in the entire season before that) and conceded only 3 goals over that period. Over those 8 games we never conceded more than 1 goal in a game. Warnock was only in charge for 2 games and so cannot possible be given the credit for fixing the defense that has looked pretty solid over the last 8 games.

Myth 2 is that we are somehow playing like footballing gods all of a sudden. We are not. We have beaten two teams that just weren't that good. Of course, beating bad teams is better than losing to them. But we just aren't Barcelona at the moment. We scored from two set pieces (including a 90th minute goal) to scrape two incredibly important wins. This isn't the renaissance of our team transforming itself back to the free-flowing QPR of the mid-1970s. These are two ship-stabilizing, confidence-building, foundations-to-grow-from, wins that are what they are and should be enjoyed and celebrated for that -- coz god knows that is enough. Two wins in a row are brilliant, hasn't happened since early in the season, and just what we needed to prove we have defensive muscle, heart, stamina and so on. But all these people on here going on about how we are suddenly playing gorgeous football. Give me a break. we started both games without a recognized striker and in one of those games we started with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder. Yes, we didn't concede, but we also didn't look like scoring until well into the second half (when substitutions were made) in either game.

Warnock did a fantastic job in the time he had and we thank him. Now Jimmy has the chance to prove himself.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 20:16 - Dec 4 with 1435 viewsPommyhoop

Great post Dylan.
Thank you Neil Warnock for stepping into a job you said you had no intention of seeking long term and performing admirably.
Welcome Jimmy FH. You have my 100% backing and I hope you are given the time and support you deserve from both QPR fans and upper management..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:05 - Dec 4 with 1347 viewsHollowayRanger

but why did it have to be YET another ex chelski

cant be many clubs that kick out a boss after winning two in a row

we want promotion ,but who's the daddy of promotions

Warnock

I actually hope he gets the foolham or fakes job two clubs much like us ,would be interesting to see how they did under him

hasslewrong (HOPE IM WRONG) PROVE ME WRONG you lot can slag me off even more

time will tell

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:27 - Dec 4 with 1332 viewsDWQPR

Warnock technically had four games in charge including 'Boro and in those games we let in one goal, he has gone a long way in fixing the defence in my view and making the team look a lot more organised. Of course the football isn't free-flowing, getting the team to be difficult to beat was the first priority and he has achieved that. I am sure that had he taken over full time the quality of football would have been much better once he knew what he was dealing with, when he took over the first time it was all about stability. And let's not forget that he built that team with some brilliant signings, including Hill and Derry which we all groaned about, and which provided us with the best season for many supporters that they had ever seen. And with some fantastic football and quality goals. The man deserves our continued appreciation as he was only the fourth QPR manager in 125+ years to get us promotion to the top flight. And he achieved this is a much shorter time in charge than Stock, Jago and Venables. Still sad that firstly he didn't have that full pre-season to plan the signings he really wanted and secondly that he didn't see that season through.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 1322 viewsjohncharles

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:27 - Dec 4 by DWQPR

Warnock technically had four games in charge including 'Boro and in those games we let in one goal, he has gone a long way in fixing the defence in my view and making the team look a lot more organised. Of course the football isn't free-flowing, getting the team to be difficult to beat was the first priority and he has achieved that. I am sure that had he taken over full time the quality of football would have been much better once he knew what he was dealing with, when he took over the first time it was all about stability. And let's not forget that he built that team with some brilliant signings, including Hill and Derry which we all groaned about, and which provided us with the best season for many supporters that they had ever seen. And with some fantastic football and quality goals. The man deserves our continued appreciation as he was only the fourth QPR manager in 125+ years to get us promotion to the top flight. And he achieved this is a much shorter time in charge than Stock, Jago and Venables. Still sad that firstly he didn't have that full pre-season to plan the signings he really wanted and secondly that he didn't see that season through.

Could I just add that Warnock only had Austin for 30 minutes in just two matches. The team and the goals would soon start flowing with a fully fit Austin in the starting line up.

Strong and stable my arse.

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:39 - Dec 4 with 1319 viewsDoughnut

Yes, I think Warnock as manager with Austin at the tip of things, would have worked wonders for the old girl. Ah well,.... this lot know best, as usual!!
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 1317 viewsJuzzie

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:05 - Dec 4 by HollowayRanger

Warnock

I actually hope he gets the foolham or fakes job two clubs much like us ,would be interesting to see how they did under him

time will tell

The likes of Terry, Costa, Bosingwa, Cole aside, i really don't have a problem with JFH being ex Chelsea. He's actually one of the model footballers that the game needs. Just sounds to me like reasons to have a go if things don't go well being prepared. Same treatment Furlong got.

"We want promotion...." Do we? Most people seem to want stability and a prepared club first. The club is a basket case and going up this season will just mean a repeat of previous disaster seasons.

I recall most people here were happy in the summer to just avoid going down again and keeping it real. That of course was on the presumption The likes of Austin, Phillips, Fer, Green etc would leave.
When that didn't happen suddenly it's all "we want promotion" not helped mainly down to Fernandes racking up the pressure with his instagram posting.

"Hasslewrong" jesus wept......
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 1308 viewsMaggsinho

Warnock

time will tell

Were you equally disparaging of Venables, Hollins, Spencer, Wicks, Wilkins, Sexton, Furlong and Spencer when they joined the club as manager or player. They were all ex Chelsea.
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:03 - Dec 4 with 1282 viewsDylanP

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:46 - Dec 4 by Maggsinho

Were you equally disparaging of Venables, Hollins, Spencer, Wicks, Wilkins, Sexton, Furlong and Spencer when they joined the club as manager or player. They were all ex Chelsea.

Actually, I do remember people being pretty negative about Hollins when he came. But the love soon flowed. I was only a small child at the time and remember talking about it in the playground with my mates and everyone being slagging off Scum and so on. But as soon as he pulled on the hoops everything changed and he was soon a fan favourite. Furlong also got some really negative stuff thrown his way, but the was more down to poor performances. Of course, nobody ever said a word against Wicks -- but that was because we were all scared of him!!

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:09 - Dec 4 with 1268 viewsloftus77

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:03 - Dec 4 by DylanP

Actually, I do remember people being pretty negative about Hollins when he came. But the love soon flowed. I was only a small child at the time and remember talking about it in the playground with my mates and everyone being slagging off Scum and so on. But as soon as he pulled on the hoops everything changed and he was soon a fan favourite. Furlong also got some really negative stuff thrown his way, but the was more down to poor performances. Of course, nobody ever said a word against Wicks -- but that was because we were all scared of him!!

Absolutely - "Stevie Wicks is after you" - probably the hardest nut ever in a Rangers shirt (?).
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 1230 viewsDylanP

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:09 - Dec 4 by loftus77

Absolutely - "Stevie Wicks is after you" - probably the hardest nut ever in a Rangers shirt (?).

"6 foot 2, eyes are blue, Stevie Wicks is after you, la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaa"

Psychooooo
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 22:26]

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 03:02 - Dec 5 with 1120 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks, Dylan. I, too, don't subscribe to the 'he fixed our defence' mantra. It happened before he got there and the cost was our attacking football. That was all Ramsey's fault for achieving what his detractors were clamouring for.

Even worse, Warnock was flattered by flukily twice winning games that he set out to draw by not playing a striker. For several positions, not just striker, his team selection demanded explanation.

Nor do I attribute to him the form of Hall, Faurlin or Hoillett.

He does deserve high praise for taking a job of short tenure and applying himself rigorously. He is a figure respected here and that helped bring the team together quickly.

While he was here, I never trusted that he wasn't pursuing a prior-declared agenda. But now that he is gone, I can relax and say 'thank you'.

All the best, Neil, you've been really great for this club.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 06:32 - Dec 5 with 1100 viewsCHUBBS

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 21:34 - Dec 4 by johncharles

Could I just add that Warnock only had Austin for 30 minutes in just two matches. The team and the goals would soon start flowing with a fully fit Austin in the starting line up.

And I'll also add technically NW only oversaw 3 games as he missed Boro.
So he won 2 and drew 1 with no goals conceded,not bad hey.
The op is talking his usual pointless drivel.
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 1069 viewsdaveB

Warnock

time will tell

This is going to be like the dream manager thing when no matter how many times people say the dream manager was Clement it will still be brought up as if it was Ramsey.

Warnock could have been manager but didn't apply for the job and told the club he was not interested so was not considered. If he had shown interest and done the interview he'd probably have got the job but he didn't.

It was great for him to come back and leave on a high this time, he deserved that. I thought we were pretty poor to watch in most of the games under him but he had them well drilled so were able to get the results and that is a massive positive for any manager.

Hasselbaink comes across as a decent manager and I hope he is given the time to build his own team with us rather than have people constantly compare him to warnock, i hold out no hope for that and fully expect him to be slaughtered regularly on here but it's been the same with the last few managers so is pretty much standard now.
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 08:04 - Dec 5 with 1026 viewsCHUBBS

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 07:36 - Dec 5 by daveB

This is going to be like the dream manager thing when no matter how many times people say the dream manager was Clement it will still be brought up as if it was Ramsey.

Warnock could have been manager but didn't apply for the job and told the club he was not interested so was not considered. If he had shown interest and done the interview he'd probably have got the job but he didn't.

It was great for him to come back and leave on a high this time, he deserved that. I thought we were pretty poor to watch in most of the games under him but he had them well drilled so were able to get the results and that is a massive positive for any manager.

Hasselbaink comes across as a decent manager and I hope he is given the time to build his own team with us rather than have people constantly compare him to warnock, i hold out no hope for that and fully expect him to be slaughtered regularly on here but it's been the same with the last few managers so is pretty much standard now.

Since NW premature sacking the management have repeatedly failed.
Now they can't all be bad managers as their records prior and since have been good so that leaves one common denominator in all the failures,TF.
This looks like an appointment he's had nothing to do with so I feel a little more confifent in it but feel we already had the ideal candidate in NW.
JFH looks well sourced so you can bet it's probably down to Hoos,a man with a good previous record of management recruitment.
Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 924 viewscaliforniahoop

Warnock -- Thanks and Mythmaking on 22:09 - Dec 4 by loftus77

One of my favs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024