Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Hols 19:23 - Jun 5 with 11910 viewsstuabd

Anyone doing anything special this summer?

Despite my annual desire to get a week's solitude on Pitcairn Island, the missus and kids are dragging me off to Norwich for a week in a campsite.

We have however booked a week in Sicily so that should be good. I'm looking forward to some good food and possibly a minor eruption from Etna.

Summer Hols on 19:29 - Jun 5 with 5666 viewsHantsR

I was offered a job on Pitcairn once, sorting out the land ownership boundaries - but I thought it was just a bit too cut off from the rest of the world in case of an accident. My friend went and I think enjoyed his sojourn.
Summer Hols on 19:30 - Jun 5 with 5663 viewsBoston

Sicily, you and your 'family', abada bing...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Summer Hols on 19:35 - Jun 5 with 5644 viewsDorse

Working 6 days a week till further notice. Wife and kids will Foxtrot Oscar without me. Suits me, to be fair. They'll be off in the (fcuking) camper van.

I have a prejudice against caravaners: I believe they are all grim, sinister-looking couples who engage in foul perversions in their horrifying wheeled sex-cages.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Hols on 19:58 - Jun 5 with 5601 viewsMrSheen

Summer Hols on 19:35 - Jun 5 by Dorse

Working 6 days a week till further notice. Wife and kids will Foxtrot Oscar without me. Suits me, to be fair. They'll be off in the (fcuking) camper van.

I have a prejudice against caravaners: I believe they are all grim, sinister-looking couples who engage in foul perversions in their horrifying wheeled sex-cages.

Why, is that what you do in yours?

Three weeks in deepest Kerry for me. Can't wait, and I only got back from a week there this morning.
Summer Hols on 20:00 - Jun 5 with 5595 viewsHonkytonks

Las vegas then fort lauderdale
Summer Hols on 20:11 - Jun 5 with 5564 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Summer Hols on 19:29 - Jun 5 by HantsR

I was offered a job on Pitcairn once, sorting out the land ownership boundaries - but I thought it was just a bit too cut off from the rest of the world in case of an accident. My friend went and I think enjoyed his sojourn.

That place is odd. Did you hear about the sexual abuse cases that went on there a few years ago?
Summer Hols on 20:14 - Jun 5 with 5560 viewsrongould

Sicily is wonderful. The food is amazingly good. Enjoy.
We are doing something we have wanted to do for ages.
Train Brighton to London
Train to Paris. 4nights then
Train to Turin. 4 nights then
Train to Rome. 4nights then
Train to Naples. 4 nights then
Fly back to Paris 2nights then
Trains back to London and Brighton
Summer Hols on 21:23 - Jun 5 with 5490 viewssupahoopsa

Big holiday this year, Safari in South Africa and Zimbabwe complete white water rafting down the Zambezi river and a helicopter flight over Victoria falls. The missus has been saving for 20 years for this

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Hols on 21:39 - Jun 5 with 5467 viewsBlackCrowe

Greek island hopping on the ferries. 5 nts Naxos, 5 nights Koufonissi and 6 nights Sifnos. Anyone know any of them because i don't.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Summer Hols on 21:43 - Jun 5 with 5458 viewsHayesender

Just a week in Majorca this year with the missus and kids.

Not really my idea of fun. I'd rather be traipsing around Devon and Cornwall

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer Hols on 21:44 - Jun 5 with 5458 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer Hols on 20:11 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

That place is odd. Did you hear about the sexual abuse cases that went on there a few years ago?

Still. Not as bad as Norwich.
Summer Hols on 21:48 - Jun 5 with 5452 viewsCamberleyR

Ten days in the Algarve at the end of July. First time to Portugal, really looking forward to it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Hols on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 5382 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Summer Hols on 21:23 - Jun 5 by supahoopsa

Big holiday this year, Safari in South Africa and Zimbabwe complete white water rafting down the Zambezi river and a helicopter flight over Victoria falls. The missus has been saving for 20 years for this

You'll love South Africa mate! Whereabouts are you going? I only really know Cape Town and KwaZulu Natal but fantastic place with great food, drink, weather and people (just don't go to the townships and don't give taxi drivers in the Toyota hiaces any notice!).

The safari on offer is generally very good too - I've been lucky on my two I've undertaken and have thousands of photos to go through at some stage.

Enjoy, it's lekker bru!

EDIT: forgot to say I had my summer hols in April in...you guessed it, South Africa 😎
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 22:56]
Summer Hols on 23:02 - Jun 5 with 5365 viewswombat

Summer Hols on 22:55 - Jun 5 by Pablo_Hoopsta

You'll love South Africa mate! Whereabouts are you going? I only really know Cape Town and KwaZulu Natal but fantastic place with great food, drink, weather and people (just don't go to the townships and don't give taxi drivers in the Toyota hiaces any notice!).

The safari on offer is generally very good too - I've been lucky on my two I've undertaken and have thousands of photos to go through at some stage.

Enjoy, it's lekker bru!

EDIT: forgot to say I had my summer hols in April in...you guessed it, South Africa 😎
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 22:56]

Big 50 for me in a couple of weeks time , so treating myself this year 13 night in the Maldives and a couple in Dubai on the way back to the uk , can't bloody wait

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Summer Hols on 23:40 - Jun 5 with 5337 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sorrento for me.
Anyone been?
Summer Hols on 00:58 - Jun 6 with 5293 viewsBoston

Every days a holiday for Boston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Summer Hols on 06:47 - Jun 6 with 5255 viewsHonkytonks

Providence?
Summer Hols on 07:49 - Jun 6 with 5214 viewsHoopstar

Couple of weeks in the States for me with the In-laws...

Rural Connecticut, New York and Boston
Summer Hols on 07:49 - Jun 6 with 5214 viewsaston_hoop

Stay home in Mallorca all summer and save for a few trips back to HQ when the season starts, flights out are expensive during tourist season anyway. Planning a trip to Athens in November/December which will be nice, anyone been that time of year? Is it reasonable to do?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Hols on 08:23 - Jun 6 with 5187 viewsDWQPR

Barbados for two weeks, flying home as of last year on first day of the new season, and still managed to make it down to Charlton! Hoping first game is at HQ this year, journey will be easier. Following weekend the wife bought me for my 50th a weekend at Rick Stein's cookery school in Padstow. Other than that work and what cricket I can fit in.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer Hols on 08:33 - Jun 6 with 5179 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Had a couple of days tagged on to a work trip to Tokyo and enjoyed last weekend in a sunny Lake District - it never ceases to amaze me just how stunning the UK is in parts.

Off to the US next week, looking to tag a few days on. Next month, a week back in France. The wife has a work trip to the Lebanon late July and I am going to try blag on to it. If not, then I'll look to go walkabout for a week.

Later in the year, back to the US and then accompanying the wife back to her native Quebec. (This will necessitate talking poor French, watching Drogba for the Impact, driving huge distances and ending most sentences with the word eh?)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Hols on 08:38 - Jun 6 with 5177 viewsBostonR

Cuba - first time.
Summer Hols on 08:57 - Jun 6 with 5158 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Summer Hols on 08:38 - Jun 6 by BostonR

Cuba - first time.

Last days of getting there before it all changes.

Meandered it in 2004, stopping at Santa Clara at Che's grave - hummed pigbag, he'd have wanted it. Its a great place, hope it doesn't go downhill when the Miami set roll back in to carpet bag it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Hols on 09:08 - Jun 6 with 5150 viewspaulparker

Flying to Calpe in Spain for 2 weeks on Wednesday , staying at the family apartment
daughter is flying to us for the second week ,
timed it quite well as the Euros are on meaning I can get lashed straight after a hard day by the pool , may even take in a couple of nights in Benidorm as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Summer Hols on 10:14 - Jun 6 with 5092 viewsA40Bosh

Just had a change of plan this weekend.
We were scheduled to stat FOC at a mate's Sth France apartment for 10 nights and drive down from the Eurotunnel, but had not booked anything yet, eldest who suffers from severe anxiety was not coping well with the thought of it, the dog sitters have had to let us down and events were conspiring against us.

So we decided that with what we would save by NOT going abroad, we could put a deck across the back of the house which has been in dire need since we had building works 3 summers ago.

So I will spend my 2 weeks off bent double banging in decking boards and not being allowed to use the old man's bench saw or chop saw - at 48 I am still not old enough nor confident enough in the dark arts of first fix chippying to use it apparently ;-) At least it will give the old bugger something do do - I had better order plenty of spare decking planks though as his eyesight isn't what it used to be!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024