Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valentines Day. 10:53 - Feb 8 with 4426 viewsDiscodroids

I have no intention of paying £9 for a side dish of Mange Tout with about 6 manges in it like last year. All that Bacardi money invested in Mrs Disco during our formal courtship has to be accounted for. The books simply must be balanced.

Thus, If the fiscal imbalance is to be addressed by means of a sensibly priced meal at a lower to mid ranking Restaurant that caters for these events in the Woodford Area, then so be it.

Happy Valentines day , My darling.

What a complete Rip off.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 10:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Valentines Day. on 10:57 - Feb 8 with 3202 viewsAntti_Heinola

Only a rip-off if you fall for it and expect it not to be a rip off.
Here's what we do every year - decide what we would really, really like to eat. Then I cook it. Dim the lights, have some wine. Private restaurant at home. Always a winner.
Or go out the night after.

Bare bones.

Valentines Day. on 11:12 - Feb 8 with 3182 viewskensalriser

Probably the last night of the year you should go out for a meal.

Sack it off and by way of recompense go for a set lunch on a different date at a smart Michelin starred restaurant in town. Some of the deals will set you back no more than a dinner somewhere really mediocre.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 11:16]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Valentines Day. on 11:13 - Feb 8 with 3177 viewspaulparker

a right load of old bollox , why would you sit in a restaurant with other loved up saps eating from an overpriced set menu
its for teenagers isn't it really , the days when you would get a sneaky card through the letter box , get yourself all excited only to find out that your nan posted it,
best one was a couple of years ago , Mrs P received a dozen roses at work , (wasn't me)
but she assumed it was me that sent them, there she was going on and on about how wonderful I was , I didn't have a clue what she was on about until she mentioned the roses , with quick thinking I said im glad she got them ok , that night she put out all the stops, to this day she doesn't know it wasn't me who sent them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Valentines Day. on 11:21 - Feb 8 with 3159 viewsDiscodroids

Valentines Day. on 11:13 - Feb 8 by paulparker

a right load of old bollox , why would you sit in a restaurant with other loved up saps eating from an overpriced set menu
its for teenagers isn't it really , the days when you would get a sneaky card through the letter box , get yourself all excited only to find out that your nan posted it,
best one was a couple of years ago , Mrs P received a dozen roses at work , (wasn't me)
but she assumed it was me that sent them, there she was going on and on about how wonderful I was , I didn't have a clue what she was on about until she mentioned the roses , with quick thinking I said im glad she got them ok , that night she put out all the stops, to this day she doesn't know it wasn't me who sent them

that made me chuckle.

For some Reason , I See Our Bri Mcarthy as the LFW Mr Moonlight. I always read his posts in a waspish Irish Brogue. He can make" Traore is a cnt", sound like a sonnet.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Valentines Day. on 11:22 - Feb 8 with 3152 viewsTheBlob

It's Valentine's Day every day here.

Why do you unromantic clods only profess your emotions on one day of the year?It would save that frantic dash down to the petrol station to seek out some wilting flowers and that box of Bolivian chocolates.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Valentines Day. on 11:24 - Feb 8 with 3144 viewsWilloW4

Valentines Day. on 11:21 - Feb 8 by Discodroids

that made me chuckle.

For some Reason , I See Our Bri Mcarthy as the LFW Mr Moonlight. I always read his posts in a waspish Irish Brogue. He can make" Traore is a cnt", sound like a sonnet.

Nice one. Mind you saying "Traore is a cnt" in any accent would sound alright to me.
Valentines Day. on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 3121 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I saw two couples on a double date one year when on my way to see Dimmu Borgir in Brixton at defenders of the Faith.

How Twee.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Valentines Day. on 12:16 - Feb 8 with 3042 viewsbosh67

Most years it is during the week and my girlfriend and I both work and we don't live together so we have managed to do something much less expensive at the weekend. This year it is a Sunday, so even our local pub has racked the price up 100% for normal pub grub as a 'Valentines Special' menu. Ridiculous.

My girlfriend jokingly said we should have lunch at Claridges. So I have arranged this. It is at Steve Claridge's and his missis and will be egg and chips all round. Mind you, that means I have to put up with Steve Claridge for 2+ hours. Think I may just book Claridges.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Valentines Day. on 13:06 - Feb 8 with 2995 viewsaston_hoop

One of my local breweries has brewed a Valentines day beer. Mrs Aston is in for a treat as I enjoy a few of them while watching the 3 Sunday games.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Valentines Day. on 13:13 - Feb 8 with 2973 viewsMick_S

Valentines Day. on 12:16 - Feb 8 by bosh67

Most years it is during the week and my girlfriend and I both work and we don't live together so we have managed to do something much less expensive at the weekend. This year it is a Sunday, so even our local pub has racked the price up 100% for normal pub grub as a 'Valentines Special' menu. Ridiculous.

My girlfriend jokingly said we should have lunch at Claridges. So I have arranged this. It is at Steve Claridge's and his missis and will be egg and chips all round. Mind you, that means I have to put up with Steve Claridge for 2+ hours. Think I may just book Claridges.

Sorry to disappoint you but I think he's doing his hair.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Valentines Day. on 13:15 - Feb 8 with 2956 viewsKonk

Valentines Day. on 12:16 - Feb 8 by bosh67

I’m still trying to decide whether to book a table at Chez Steve Bruce, Tony Galvins, or Ian St John’s.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Valentines Day. on 13:25 - Feb 8 with 2924 viewsBoston

These British Valentines Days, sheesh.....over 'ere we wipe clean the hardware, carefully put it in a violin case...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Valentines Day. on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 2885 viewsToast_R

Given up going out or staying in for a romantic meal. Not much fun with a 1 year old throwing his mashed up version of the dish of choice all over the dining room terracotta.

We've tried the old, "wait til he's asleep" motive but he can sense a cunning plan a mile off and refuses to be left unentertained until your both too tiered to give a f*ck about the dinner and afters.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 13:37]
Valentines Day. on 13:39 - Feb 8 with 2871 viewsMytch_QPR

Valentines Day. on 13:15 - Feb 8 by Konk

I’m still trying to decide whether to book a table at Chez Steve Bruce, Tony Galvins, or Ian St John’s.

I was thinking of you recently, Konk (not in a Valentines Day sense)...

I happened to wander into a nice 'gastroboozer' in Tanworth-In-Arden just before Christmas and, seated by the bar, having a pre-dinner drink, was the Hull supremo himself, with wife in tow and some other couple. I wouldn't say he was looking 'trim' as such, but I think he's lost a bit of weight.

Off to Venice for this Valentines, so expecting to be royally ripped off. Luckily the Mrs has paid for the flight and hotel - my credit card is ready to be stretched!!!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Valentines Day. on 13:43 - Feb 8 with 2842 viewsBluce_Ree

Valentines Day is bullshit. F**k that. Might get a pizza in though. Any excuse.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Valentines Day. on 13:52 - Feb 8 with 2817 viewsKonk

Valentines Day. on 13:39 - Feb 8 by Mytch_QPR

I happened to wander into a nice 'gastroboozer' in Tanworth-In-Arden just before Christmas and, seated by the bar, having a pre-dinner drink, was the Hull supremo himself, with wife in tow and some other couple. I wouldn't say he was looking 'trim' as such, but I think he's lost a bit of weight.

Off to Venice for this Valentines, so expecting to be royally ripped off. Luckily the Mrs has paid for the flight and hotel - my credit card is ready to be stretched!!!

Glad to hear that Steve’s shed a bit of timber. Was he having a nice time? Even when he has a little chuckle, it’s always a sad sort of a rueful chuckle. I probably shouldn’t, but I do worry about him; out of shape, always seems a bit down. If he wasn’t a football manager, he’d probably be the bloke in Industrial Hi-viz waterproofs, propping up the bar of your local Wetherspoons at 9am.

I loved Venice — what an amazing city, although I did overdo it on the old Prosecco on a couple of occasions and one night spent three hours getting back to our hotel in a storm due to pis s-poor map-reading, everywhere being flooded and an absence of street lighting (for map reading)...good times! Have you been before?

Valentines Day. on 14:05 - Feb 8 with 2794 viewsstowmarketrange

Valentines Day. on 13:39 - Feb 8 by Mytch_QPR

I'm off to Rome for Valentines day,and luckily my Mrs didn't want to come with me.I did offer,but as soon as she found out I'd booked rugby tickets she didn't want to know.
There is no pleasing some people is there?
Valentines Day. on 14:09 - Feb 8 with 2787 viewsMytch_QPR

Valentines Day. on 13:52 - Feb 8 by Konk

Glad to hear that Steve’s shed a bit of timber. Was he having a nice time? Even when he has a little chuckle, it’s always a sad sort of a rueful chuckle. I probably shouldn’t, but I do worry about him; out of shape, always seems a bit down. If he wasn’t a football manager, he’d probably be the bloke in Industrial Hi-viz waterproofs, propping up the bar of your local Wetherspoons at 9am.

I loved Venice — what an amazing city, although I did overdo it on the old Prosecco on a couple of occasions and one night spent three hours getting back to our hotel in a storm due to pis s-poor map-reading, everywhere being flooded and an absence of street lighting (for map reading)...good times! Have you been before?

Never been, looking forward it.

Geography is not my wife's strongest subject - she said 'Looks like the transfer from the airport is by boat - why's that?' (she hates boats - before we got married we went to a Greek Island and I thought I'd impress her by whisking her off, James Bond style, in a water taxi to a restaurant on a beach one evening. The water taxi got about 100ft from the shore and she started going green... so that went well)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Valentines Day. on 14:17 - Feb 8 with 2763 viewsSimonJames

This year my missus (forgetting it was Valentines) booked us to go stay with her mother in the arse-end of Norfolk
... no haute cuisine in the local pub, unless you fancy a Scampi Fries starter, followed by pork scratchings on a bed of cheese and onion crisps.
Besides which, England are playing on Sunday so I'll be bladdered by the evening.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Valentines Day. on 14:25 - Feb 8 with 2745 viewsMick_S

Three - fourth one down. Classy.

Valentines Day. on 14:27 - Feb 8 with 2734 viewsKonk

At this time of year, you should be okay in terms of tourist numbers. Friends of mine who’ve been in Winter and at other times, reckon it has a special atmosphere during the Winter. I could happily eat and drink at this place for the rest of my life: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1482772-Reviews-Cantine — stand at the counter or eat it outside on the canal side, but I absolutely loved this place. Only open during the day. Nice people, great food and very reasonable prices.

We did most of our eating and drinking in Cannaregio, which was really reasonable in terms of expense, and went to some great little spots. Helped that it was sunny, so we could sit outside, but it’s a nice neighbourhood — there are tourists, but not in mental numbers. Stayed just off Piazza San Marco, though, hence the long walks back to the hotel — not far as the crow flies, but through in canals, maze-like streets, low lighting for signs and your path being blocked by flooded streets, and it can be a bit of a mission! Wonderful city despite being the most touristy place in the universe.

Valentines Day. on 14:39 - Feb 8 with 2697 viewsMytch_QPR

Valentines Day. on 14:27 - Feb 8 by Konk

At this time of year, you should be okay in terms of tourist numbers. Friends of mine who’ve been in Winter and at other times, reckon it has a special atmosphere during the Winter. I could happily eat and drink at this place for the rest of my life: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1482772-Reviews-Cantine — stand at the counter or eat it outside on the canal side, but I absolutely loved this place. Only open during the day. Nice people, great food and very reasonable prices.

We did most of our eating and drinking in Cannaregio, which was really reasonable in terms of expense, and went to some great little spots. Helped that it was sunny, so we could sit outside, but it’s a nice neighbourhood — there are tourists, but not in mental numbers. Stayed just off Piazza San Marco, though, hence the long walks back to the hotel — not far as the crow flies, but through in canals, maze-like streets, low lighting for signs and your path being blocked by flooded streets, and it can be a bit of a mission! Wonderful city despite being the most touristy place in the universe.

Thanks, Konk - I'm going to find that place. I don't have any red denims, but I'm thinking loafers without socks and linen jacket. I have a couple of guide books and it certainly looks fascinating.

Can you give me any fashion tips to fit in with the locals (or should I just do a lot of shrugging, gesturing and sounding as though I'm arguing with everyone all of the time?)

PS - how expensive are the gondolas?

Valentines Day. on 14:40 - Feb 8 with 2685 viewsMick_S

Valentines Day. on 14:39 - Feb 8 by Mytch_QPR

Thanks, Konk - I'm going to find that place. I don't have any red denims, but I'm thinking loafers without socks and linen jacket. I have a couple of guide books and it certainly looks fascinating.

Can you give me any fashion tips to fit in with the locals (or should I just do a lot of shrugging, gesturing and sounding as though I'm arguing with everyone all of the time?)

PS - how expensive are the gondolas?

Valentines Day. on 14:43 - Feb 8 with 2678 viewsMytch_QPR

Valentines Day. on 14:40 - Feb 8 by Mick_S

Thanks, Mick - you've nailed it there.

Valentines Day. on 14:47 - Feb 8 with 2662 viewsMick_S

Valentines Day. on 14:43 - Feb 8 by Mytch_QPR

Thanks, Mick - you've nailed it there.

You are welcome Mytch - these should complete the look. No clash. or anything.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024