Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The goals today 18:16 - Feb 20 with 2973 viewsbosh67

http://www.skysports.com/football/bolton-vs-qpr/report/339904?

Washington is such a clever player and the goals will come. Zach Clough looked quality for them. Good goal by Matt, goalkeeper a bit late down, good overlap run by Polter to take out 2 defenders in the build up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The goals today on 18:28 - Feb 20 with 2903 viewsstuabd

That early chance for Feeney seemed like a carbon copy of the move that led to Fulham's opener last week. Obviously he didn't finish like Ross McCormack.
The goals today on 18:35 - Feb 20 with 2864 viewsbosh67

The goals today on 18:28 - Feb 20 by stuabd

That early chance for Feeney seemed like a carbon copy of the move that led to Fulham's opener last week. Obviously he didn't finish like Ross McCormack.

Yes, well spotted. We don't see that reverse pass at all do they?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The goals today on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 2720 viewsTacticalR

That's actually a pretty good goal by Phillips. On the commentary it sounded as though it had just about squirmed under the keeper'd body and got over the line, whereas in fact Phillips kept it low and got some power on it.

Air hostess clique

The goals today on 19:13 - Feb 20 with 2675 viewsisawqpratwcity

The goals today on 19:05 - Feb 20 by TacticalR

That's actually a pretty good goal by Phillips. On the commentary it sounded as though it had just about squirmed under the keeper'd body and got over the line, whereas in fact Phillips kept it low and got some power on it.

I was disappointed that we didn't shift Phillips on in January, but he seems to be a distinct level of quality above the rest of the forwards. JFH is going to need to experiment with other attacking formations as well as giving more game time to our other strikers if we are going to end this dependence on PL stalwarts.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The goals today on 20:24 - Feb 20 with 2480 viewsitsbiga

What was that after Phillips goal? Polter went to Phillips and Matty went way from him and then Polter got shoved in the chest to keep him away?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

The goals today on 21:11 - Feb 20 with 2354 viewsGloucs_R

The goals today on 20:24 - Feb 20 by itsbiga

What was that after Phillips goal? Polter went to Phillips and Matty went way from him and then Polter got shoved in the chest to keep him away?

I noticed that too, it was Hall that shoved him away, bit weird

Poll: Are we staying up?

The goals today on 03:08 - Feb 21 with 2083 viewsisawqpratwcity

The goals today on 21:11 - Feb 20 by Gloucs_R

I noticed that too, it was Hall that shoved him away, bit weird

I hadn't noticed that; but if you look at it again, you'll see that as Phillips' run is blocked by a defender, Polter runs in from the left, pointing to a clear area of space for a pass. MP doesn't pass, continues left until he finds enough space, and scores.

Polter was definitely running into a good position, clear for a shot and not off-side. It might have been an awkward pass, but not as unlikely as Phillips' eventual shot through a crowded box. After the goal, Phillips circles round to the right, and Polter follows, clearly remonstrating that he was clear.

Selfish play by Phillips, or a reasonable call that the pass wasn't on? Or worse, is Polter an outcast in the team (you'd hope that was unlikely). Whatever the case, I didn't like the dismissive palm in the chest from Hall. That says tension in the team.

Definitely one for JFH to look at. Don't be a Hughes and have to be told your team doesn't get on.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 4:02]

The goals today on 04:00 - Feb 21 with 2062 viewsisawqpratwcity

Also like to point out the tasty, calm-under-pressure bit from Washie at around 30 seconds in that clip.

Login to get fewer ads

The goals today on 04:19 - Feb 21 with 2045 viewsFredManRave

Unfortunately all I can get at this stage on youtube (can't view sky video) about todays game is the following;

He doesn't sound like a Bolton fan.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The goals today on 04:53 - Feb 21 with 2039 viewsBklynRanger

The goals today on 03:08 - Feb 21 by isawqpratwcity

I hadn't noticed that; but if you look at it again, you'll see that as Phillips' run is blocked by a defender, Polter runs in from the left, pointing to a clear area of space for a pass. MP doesn't pass, continues left until he finds enough space, and scores.

Polter was definitely running into a good position, clear for a shot and not off-side. It might have been an awkward pass, but not as unlikely as Phillips' eventual shot through a crowded box. After the goal, Phillips circles round to the right, and Polter follows, clearly remonstrating that he was clear.

Selfish play by Phillips, or a reasonable call that the pass wasn't on? Or worse, is Polter an outcast in the team (you'd hope that was unlikely). Whatever the case, I didn't like the dismissive palm in the chest from Hall. That says tension in the team.

Definitely one for JFH to look at. Don't be a Hughes and have to be told your team doesn't get on.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 4:02]

I hadn't noticed that the first time, just watched it again.

But anyway, I know we've been through a lot as supporters , but I don't think it there's enough in there to suggest a massive rift of any kind. Phillips seemed to use Polter to draw the player away. Hall did push Polter back but it didn't look malicious to me, more of a 'leave it' sort of thing. For all we know Hall and Polti Polt could be good friends. All in the interpretation. Polter complaining at that point seems a bit daft anyway.
The goals today on 06:08 - Feb 21 with 2010 viewsisawqpratwcity

The goals today on 04:53 - Feb 21 by BklynRanger

I hadn't noticed that the first time, just watched it again.

But anyway, I know we've been through a lot as supporters , but I don't think it there's enough in there to suggest a massive rift of any kind. Phillips seemed to use Polter to draw the player away. Hall did push Polter back but it didn't look malicious to me, more of a 'leave it' sort of thing. For all we know Hall and Polti Polt could be good friends. All in the interpretation. Polter complaining at that point seems a bit daft anyway.

Yeh, you're right. I'm going to stop trying to read the tea-leaves.

The goals today on 12:20 - Feb 21 with 1689 viewskensalriser

Don't stop now. You're only a hair's breadth away from telling us what colour underpants Polter was wearing and what he had for breakfast.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024