Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albania 14:43 - Jun 11 with 1889 viewsHonkytonks

Fish out if water springs to mind...the standard of the finals will suffer with these ' Minnie's like nations....but like us in the prem!😭
Albania on 14:53 - Jun 11 with 1549 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brilliant to have teams like this at the finals. Adds to the atmosphere, the stories, the dreams, builds up football in growing countries.

If it means the odd one-sided game, then so be it. We've all seen hundreds if not thousands of them in the past so we can surely survive a couple more.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Albania on 14:57 - Jun 11 with 1539 viewsHonkytonks

They earned their place no doubt but if we start getting 678 nil humpings will they enrich our viewing Brian?
Albania on 15:03 - Jun 11 with 1516 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Albania on 14:57 - Jun 11 by Honkytonks

They earned their place no doubt but if we start getting 678 nil humpings will they enrich our viewing Brian?

All part of life's rich pageant!

I remember El Salvador being done 10-1 in the '82 World cup. I was a nipper and I loved it. I get your point, of course, but not all games should be close 2-1 affairs and full of heavenly football. You need talking points as well, and if there's an odd tanking and the odd game of shoite football then I'm all for that!

Albania on 15:16 - Jun 11 with 1497 viewsLblock

They haven't disgraced themselves in this game so far, pretty good technically apart from keeper on crosses
Plus fair play to their fans - stadium seems 90% Albainian

I cannot believe Djouro is getting international caps
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 15:19]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Albania on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 1466 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Albania on 15:16 - Jun 11 by Lblock

They haven't disgraced themselves in this game so far, pretty good technically apart from keeper on crosses
Plus fair play to their fans - stadium seems 90% Albainian

I cannot believe Djouro is getting international caps
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 15:19]

Good save by the keeper there. He's good on one-on-ones, in fairness.

I'm enjoying this game. It's a right tough game and the ref is letting a lot of hard-but-fair stuff rightly go.

Albania on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 1466 viewsbosh67

Fair play they are having a real go.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Albania on 15:29 - Jun 11 with 1459 viewsBoston

Albania on 15:25 - Jun 11 by bosh67

Fair play they are having a real go.

When it comes to cutting the cheese, the Swiss defense is full of holes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Albania on 15:35 - Jun 11 with 1438 viewsHonkytonks

Yes fair play to em but the Swizz are not great....some nice Albanian eye candy on show though!
Login to get fewer ads

Albania on 15:41 - Jun 11 with 1421 viewshopphoops

Proper game this. I spent the first half getting my hair cut in my local Kosovar barber here in Geneva, with all the chairs turned round to face the TV instead of the wall.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Albania on 15:43 - Jun 11 with 1413 viewsHonkytonks

Couldn't you watch it in the mirror?
Albania on 15:45 - Jun 11 with 1406 viewsHonkytonks

How ndid he miss that!!!
Albania on 15:50 - Jun 11 with 1395 viewshopphoops

Albania on 15:43 - Jun 11 by Honkytonks

Couldn't you watch it in the mirror?

i did when someone was in the way of the screen but it got too much with the teams changing ends constantly....

You're right about the Albanian ladies i must say.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Albania on 15:51 - Jun 11 with 1391 viewshopphoops

Albania on 15:45 - Jun 11 by Honkytonks

How ndid he miss that!!!

He'll take that haunted look with him, something of the Richard Keogh in it.

Albania on 15:52 - Jun 11 with 1385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Belter of a game.

Albania on 15:52 - Jun 11 with 1384 viewsHonkytonks

Albania on 15:50 - Jun 11 by hopphoops

i did when someone was in the way of the screen but it got too much with the teams changing ends constantly....

You're right about the Albanian ladies i must say.

Yes I agree....very demure n sassy!
Albania on 15:53 - Jun 11 with 1376 viewsLblock

Hats off to Albania

Should've had a pen and an amazing miss at the end

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Albania on 15:55 - Jun 11 with 1370 viewshopphoops

The Albanians wuz robbed of a penalty too.

Albania on 15:57 - Jun 11 with 1363 viewsHonkytonks

Yep...I retract my first post...after they concerned they were a credit to the finals!
Albania on 16:15 - Jun 11 with 1333 viewsCHUBBS

Albania were outstanding and created the best chances in the game.
But for the sending off i think they would have scored.
I don't get the criticism as that second half was a fantastic spectacle and Albania should feel proud.
Albania on 17:03 - Jun 11 with 1271 viewsstowmarketrange

That's my team in the sweep at work.We have a booby prize for the worst performing team in the Euros and I thought I'd be in with a great start with them 1-0 down and down to 10 for 50 minutes.
Barstewards didn't even concede 1 more let alone the 5 I wanted them to.
Albania on 20:22 - Jun 11 with 1179 viewsDanVanDyke

As a Swiss, I was pleased to get a win thanks to an amazing save from Yann at the end. It was always going to be a tough game with some many connections between the teams. Essentially it was like England v Wales - despite their population and standing, Wales aren't going to get rolled over by you lot.

Don't think we were lucky, apart from the goal, their keeper was outstanding and Haris just didn't quite have his shooting boots.

It's been a good weekend, amazing gig last night - Neil Young and Promise f the Real and a Swiss win today. Good luck to England!
Albania on 20:41 - Jun 11 with 1163 viewshopphoops

Albania on 20:22 - Jun 11 by DanVanDyke

As a Swiss, I was pleased to get a win thanks to an amazing save from Yann at the end. It was always going to be a tough game with some many connections between the teams. Essentially it was like England v Wales - despite their population and standing, Wales aren't going to get rolled over by you lot.

Don't think we were lucky, apart from the goal, their keeper was outstanding and Haris just didn't quite have his shooting boots.

It's been a good weekend, amazing gig last night - Neil Young and Promise f the Real and a Swiss win today. Good luck to England!

Where abouts are you Dan? Geneva here.

Hop Suisse against Romania and particularly the French, i don't think they're unbeatable.

Albania on 20:48 - Jun 11 with 1158 viewsDanVanDyke

Albania on 20:41 - Jun 11 by hopphoops

Where abouts are you Dan? Geneva here.

Hop Suisse against Romania and particularly the French, i don't think they're unbeatable.

Newcastle mate, Swiss ancestry on the distaff side so support the Nati!

Hopp Schwiiz indeed, I'd be happy to get out of the group, Romania were no mugs last night, hopefully France will rest some for the final match.

How do you find Geneva? I went to WC qualifier a few years ago against Moldova and most of the city didn't know there was a match on, not the biggest fussball city!
Albania on 21:01 - Jun 11 with 1143 viewshopphoops

Albania on 20:48 - Jun 11 by DanVanDyke

Newcastle mate, Swiss ancestry on the distaff side so support the Nati!

Hopp Schwiiz indeed, I'd be happy to get out of the group, Romania were no mugs last night, hopefully France will rest some for the final match.

How do you find Geneva? I went to WC qualifier a few years ago against Moldova and most of the city didn't know there was a match on, not the biggest fussball city!

Geneva's good in parts, getting out into the Alps is the best thing.

It's more of an ice hockey town these days, the local Servette FC have been through successive administrations and none of the local gazillionaires seem interested in stepping in even though there's a free 30,00 stadium at their disposal.

Having said that the place comes to life when Portugal play, they're the biggest non-Swiss community here.

Albania on 22:10 - Jun 11 with 1109 viewsDanVanDyke

Albania on 21:01 - Jun 11 by hopphoops

Geneva's good in parts, getting out into the Alps is the best thing.

It's more of an ice hockey town these days, the local Servette FC have been through successive administrations and none of the local gazillionaires seem interested in stepping in even though there's a free 30,00 stadium at their disposal.

Having said that the place comes to life when Portugal play, they're the biggest non-Swiss community here.

I quite liked Geneva, do you get to Laussane much? Servette have been a mess for years, I'm GCZ who aren't pulling up any trees either.

Is there much interest in the tournament over there? Nobody seems to rate our chances or like Petkovic too much?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024