Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday/Monday Film Club 17:31 - Jul 28 with 303 viewsexiled_dictator

sorry this week's review is late, for reasons i will mention later.

this weeks review is of three films:
ricki and the flash
creed
kill the messenger

meryl streep is like marmite; dark in colour and salty in large doses. no, marmite as in you either love her and her work, or hate her and she is a third rate actress and the screen guild is biased when it hands out awards.
for me, a throw away film. nothing special and a story that has been repeated in many movies.
couple marry
have kids
divorce
one becomes successful
regret later on
try to patch things up
yada yada yada
nothing special or noteworthy. nice to see rick springfield again, but otherwise 3.5/10.

creed.
or greed when referring to sylvester stallone and the rocky cash cow.
not directly about him, but we have already seen rocky films focus on the next generation.
nothing special 3.65/10.

kill the messenger is a must see film. just great.
stars jeremy runner as journalist who uncovers CIA involvement in contra cocaine trafficking.

''Based on the true story of journalist Gary Webb, the film takes place in the mid-1990s. Webb uncovered the CIA's alleged role in importing crack cocaine into the U.S. to secretly fund the Nicaraguan contra rebels. Despite enormous pressure to stay away, Webb chose to pursue the story and went public with his evidence, publishing the series called "Dark Alliance". He then experienced a vicious smear campaign fueled by the CIA, during which he found himself defending his integrity, his family, and his life.''

although the film is totally predictable almost line for line, it's still great and definitely worth a watch. strongly recommend at 8.5/10

knowing that we only serve lunch on sunday and are not open on mondays, some twunty knobjockey type khunty scum supporter smashed two panes of glass of the front restaurant door, and proceeded to spray paint 'pakis out' and 'go home' on the establishment.
cctv and our security cameras caught him clearly, and the police are now taking all necessary actions to apprehend him and give him a severe telling off.
clearly a chelsea supporter, as everyone knows that an iranian restaurant will be owned and run only by iranians, and not people from other parts of asia. and seeing as i have lived here for the past 36 years, and all my children were born here and we all only have british citizenship, i consider this island home. dull, wet and sometimes unwelcoming, but it's home.
so that wasted a whole day with administration.
insurance company said it would be cheaper not to claim, but pay for the damage ourselves and not affect the policy premium. so six grand later ......

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024