Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England! 18:03 - Sep 4 with 4489 viewsconnell10

Same old rubbish. Big Sam my arse!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

England! on 18:09 - Sep 4 with 2629 views18StoneOfHoop

Connell,see my comments on the same topic in "it's a new day" already existing thread.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

England! on 20:19 - Sep 4 with 2415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is that one strike for Sam?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England! on 20:33 - Sep 4 with 2365 viewsRoller

England! on 20:19 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

England! on 20:49 - Sep 4 with 2329 viewsRoller

Sam's problem is that he only has the same over-hyped over pampered group of players to pick from who continually prove that they are not good enough and are carried by the ever increasing legion of foreign players in the Premier League.
England! on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 2322 viewsbosh67

Very one paced throughout but at least they won. I think he should throw caution to the wind and just go all out attack. The back 4 aren't solid but they are better playing the high line because the full backs have the pace to get back. So why not throw the kitchen sink at opponents. At least it is entertaining.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England! on 21:55 - Sep 4 with 2168 viewsRoller

Sir Alf showed the way forwards, very few have followed suit. You pick the players best suited to your preferred formation, you do not try to shoe horn the "best" players into a team.

Decide who we want to play up front? Sturridge, Kane or Vardy? Then pick a formation to get the best out of him, then the players best suited to that formation. It may not include Rooney.
England! on 23:04 - Sep 4 with 2065 viewsBluce_Ree

Fk international football. It couldn't matter less if it was made entirely of piss.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England! on 07:03 - Sep 5 with 1874 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think Roller and Bluce have encapsulated what many of us say/feel about the plight of the England team, the game in this country and footy played from the Premier level upwards.

Never ceased to amaze me how that 'one' at West Ham could keep a straight face when she cited the potential ramifications for the Premiership of voting Brexit and clubs being unable to spunk billions on Carlos Kickabouts. Frankly, the Premier League is the perfect example for pursuing a totally isolationist approach to foreign affairs; especially when you read some leech was paid €30m off three transfers for players who wanted to join United from clubs happy to sell to them:

English football needs more Kim Jung than Ji Sung!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

England! on 07:57 - Sep 5 with 1802 viewsLadbrokeR

What did you expect. Perfect cohesive football and a complete demolition of the opponents in an away game. All that he has had is training sessions after the debacle that was the Euros. I am not really a Sam fan but FFS.
England! on 07:59 - Sep 5 with 1799 viewsLadbrokeR

England! on 07:57 - Sep 5 by LadbrokeR

What did you expect. Perfect cohesive football and a complete demolition of the opponents in an away game. All that he has had is training sessions after the debacle that was the Euros. I am not really a Sam fan but FFS.

Add to that you posted at 18.03 do the maths
England! on 08:06 - Sep 5 with 1786 viewsconnell10

England! on 07:59 - Sep 5 by LadbrokeR

Add to that you posted at 18.03 do the maths

Yep i posted at that time and stick to my comment ENGLAND ARE RUBBISH AND BIG SAM MY ARSE! FFS!

England! on 08:28 - Sep 5 with 1754 viewsLadbrokeR

So Connell bearing in mind everything that has preceded Sam you are prepared to give an incoming manager 45 minutes of football upon which you make a cast iron capital letter judgement. A tad harsh I would say. Also if you had waited until the very end which isn't really sufficient time to make a judgement you would have seen that England won.
England! on 08:43 - Sep 5 with 1723 viewsToast_R

A win is a win and three points on the board in probably the trickiest fixture of the group is decent enough.

So it wasn't champagne football but really ...fcuk it. Portugal won the Euros with boring football.

Criticise results.
England! on 08:50 - Sep 5 with 1713 viewskingsburyR

Didn't know the result until this morning.

Have no interest in international football.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

England! on 08:59 - Sep 5 with 1698 viewsRangers67

England! on 20:19 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Nice one Brian, to answer your question , not quite. OK we won and against a cynical team given plenty of license by a poor ref and with no intention of getting anything else but a draw. So a decent result. But and you knew this was coming, the sticking with the majority of players who failed in the summer is strange but even stranger is the same formation etc , which didn,t work then and will definetly not work against a half decent team who have designs on winning the game. If I was Sam I woild have taken the job as well, hell, why not . The real cause of the problem is the clowns in charge of the FA.
As has been said further down the thread, Alf Ramsay had the right approach and until we embrace some of his philosophies I fear we will continue to struggle internationally.
England! on 09:11 - Sep 5 with 1672 viewsconnell10

England! on 08:28 - Sep 5 by LadbrokeR

So Connell bearing in mind everything that has preceded Sam you are prepared to give an incoming manager 45 minutes of football upon which you make a cast iron capital letter judgement. A tad harsh I would say. Also if you had waited until the very end which isn't really sufficient time to make a judgement you would have seen that England won.

Yep , never rated big sam and his anti-football and im not falling into the trap of thinking England are any good because they quite clearly aint!

England! on 09:32 - Sep 5 with 1638 views1MoreBrightonR

Not going to get in to any comments about Sam or England under him because after one game, that would be ridiculous. I listened to Robbie Keane's press conference last week about his last ever ROI appearance and the emotion from him was amazing...playing for his country meant so much and really was a moment of pride. I just couldnt imagine an England player saying the same with any conviction and thats been true a while.
England! on 09:34 - Sep 5 with 1632 viewsstevec

England! on 21:55 - Sep 4 by Roller

Sir Alf showed the way forwards, very few have followed suit. You pick the players best suited to your preferred formation, you do not try to shoe horn the "best" players into a team.

Decide who we want to play up front? Sturridge, Kane or Vardy? Then pick a formation to get the best out of him, then the players best suited to that formation. It may not include Rooney.

You're being far too sensible.

Went out for a round of golf yesterday, anything to distance myself from the remote control. Planning to find similar distractions for the next 9 unbeaten qualifiers against various no hopers and tune in for the group games in the finals. Then back to start.

Might have a rethink if Rooney ever gets the chop.
England! on 09:38 - Sep 5 with 1623 viewsichbinnaughty

"I can't tell Rooney where to play"

That sums it all up.
Yes you can, you're the fckn manager.
England! on 09:42 - Sep 5 with 1615 viewsElHoop

I don't understand the managers' obsession with Rooney. He's looked mostly bang average and slow and cumbersome out of place for so long now. Surely it's time to try and weld together some players who are on the same wavelength instead of trying to fit a big fat square peg into a lot of small round holes? It just never looks as if Rooney is a fit. Most countries don't have much to choose from so they have to make it work with a small group. We have too many even if a lot of them are pretty average, but I don't think any of them will fit around Rooney but we seem to keep on trying. I'm pretty sure that if we dropped Rooney then it would be easier to eventually find a formation and selection which worked better as a team.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 9:43]
England! on 09:48 - Sep 5 with 1592 viewsadhoc_qpr

One game and a hugely embarrassing post match interview was enough for me.

Count me out of Big Sam's England - absolutely dirge, same old 'names' Rooney, Hart etc, same dreadful football.

I'm sure they'll qualify at a canter and completely forget the humiliation of the Euros, until the next embarrassment happens in 2018 with no lessons learnt.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:50 - Sep 5 with 1586 viewsDorse

Had no idea we were playing.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 9:57]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England! on 10:16 - Sep 5 with 1519 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't buy the increasingly received wisdom that English players are failing because of the multi-national premier league.
Young English players have everything they could possibly want these days in terms of facilities and coaching at the major clubs, and some smaller clubs too. It might be tougher to break in to the first team, but if you're good enough, you will and then you should have the technique.
But the major argument against this is the 70s and 80s and early 90s, when we had virtually no foreign players in our top league, and were still flopping at tournaments. Didn't qualify in 74 or 78. Out early in 82. Dreadful in the early stages of 86, before Lineker and Beardo dragged us to the quarters. Absolutely dire in 88. Poor for most of Italia 90 if we're honest. Awful in 92, no qualification in 94.
In reality, we're no better or worse than we've been for decades. I'm not sure the Prem helps, but I also don't believe we can hang our failures on it either.

Bare bones.

England! on 10:20 - Sep 5 with 1509 viewssimmo

We didn't really learn anything new, it just reinforced what we already knew. I also don't see the point in appointing a new manager that plays the same players, the same way, in the same system...

Changes are needed, there's some good footballers in that squad that suddenly play with fear when they put on an England shirt - they need to be braver and start replicating parts of the domestic league that work so well.

We always hear about how hard it is for foreign players to adapt to the English game, how they struggle with the pace and physicality, yet when we play foreign teams we play at a slow pace — it seems ridiculous! If that’s a core part of the English leagues that our players are used to, then let’s enforce it on our opposition.

No more persisting with proven failures either please, Sam - I'm looking at you, Walcott...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England! on 10:36 - Sep 5 with 1472 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England! on 08:59 - Sep 5 by Rangers67

Nice one Brian, to answer your question , not quite. OK we won and against a cynical team given plenty of license by a poor ref and with no intention of getting anything else but a draw. So a decent result. But and you knew this was coming, the sticking with the majority of players who failed in the summer is strange but even stranger is the same formation etc , which didn,t work then and will definetly not work against a half decent team who have designs on winning the game. If I was Sam I woild have taken the job as well, hell, why not . The real cause of the problem is the clowns in charge of the FA.
As has been said further down the thread, Alf Ramsay had the right approach and until we embrace some of his philosophies I fear we will continue to struggle internationally.

Sorry, Rangers67 - hadn't realised that the three strikes post was yours. I just liked the phrase!

Didn't see the game, but glad England won. Decent result.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024