Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Night Of 15:53 - Sep 15 with 2088 viewsenfieldargh

no, not another qpr thrashing...

Watching The Night Of on sky atlantic box sets.....great stuff

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The Night Of on 18:30 - Sep 15 with 2019 viewsmarkrtid

Been banging on about this for ages. Gripping story. Great acting. Riz Ahmed is a Londoner dont you know?
I love John Turtorro since The Big Lebowski. We dont see enough of him I reckon.
Good telly.
The Night Of on 20:02 - Sep 15 with 1983 viewseasthertsr

Great TV, WATCH!
The Night Of on 20:18 - Sep 15 with 1967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that, will definitely give it a go.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Night Of on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 1846 viewsdolcelatte

Just finished this. Can only echo what is said above. Gripped till the end.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

The Night Of on 15:24 - Sep 16 with 1816 viewsbrydesantis

I was really captivated by this, but very underwhelmed by the conclusion anyone else?
The Night Of on 15:36 - Sep 16 with 1806 viewsNorthernr

We've been watching this at LFW Towers - one episode to go so shut the hell up about your conclusions.

It's good, but it's missed a load of tricks. There are loads and loads of interesting characters - the bent pathologist and the charismatic one who subsequently undermined his testimony in the witness box, the prosecutor with the weird face, the detective days away from retirement, Riz Ahmed's mum, the Indian girl who ends up representing him, the step father, the victim - that haven't been developed at all. We know nothing about any of them and most of them have hardly been on screen at all despite being great when they are on and really interesting - the detective and the two pathologists in particular. The indian girl suddenly slipping the tongue in during a briefing had been given absolutely zero build up and has never been mentioned again, just a random moment out of context, like they realised they'd got to episode six with no love interest so just slung one in there to get the box ticked. He went into prison a good boy with wide eyes and mop hair and decided to turn into a muscle-bound skin head who sits around smoking crack all day basically in about a week, after one incident where they set his bed on fire.

Meanwhile hours and hours have been spent on the attorney's foot condition and cat allergy - fine, he's a scruffy pay as you play ambulance chaser who aspires to better, we didn't need five episodes of him getting his feet treated to get that.

Anyway, we'll do the finale tonight probably, have found it quite frustrating so far though.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Night Of on 15:41 - Sep 16 with 1798 viewsbrydesantis

The Night Of on 15:36 - Sep 16 by Northernr

We've been watching this at LFW Towers - one episode to go so shut the hell up about your conclusions.

It's good, but it's missed a load of tricks. There are loads and loads of interesting characters - the bent pathologist and the charismatic one who subsequently undermined his testimony in the witness box, the prosecutor with the weird face, the detective days away from retirement, Riz Ahmed's mum, the Indian girl who ends up representing him, the step father, the victim - that haven't been developed at all. We know nothing about any of them and most of them have hardly been on screen at all despite being great when they are on and really interesting - the detective and the two pathologists in particular. The indian girl suddenly slipping the tongue in during a briefing had been given absolutely zero build up and has never been mentioned again, just a random moment out of context, like they realised they'd got to episode six with no love interest so just slung one in there to get the box ticked. He went into prison a good boy with wide eyes and mop hair and decided to turn into a muscle-bound skin head who sits around smoking crack all day basically in about a week, after one incident where they set his bed on fire.

Meanwhile hours and hours have been spent on the attorney's foot condition and cat allergy - fine, he's a scruffy pay as you play ambulance chaser who aspires to better, we didn't need five episodes of him getting his feet treated to get that.

Anyway, we'll do the finale tonight probably, have found it quite frustrating so far though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not going to spoil it for you but I agree with your assessment. It has been enjoyable, however it could have been so much more! The foot condition nonsense I don't understand why they keep going on about it when there are so many more angles they can develop.
The Night Of on 15:42 - Sep 16 with 1794 viewsTacticalR

Did anyone read yesterday's interview with Riz Ahmed? He sounds pretty sharp.

As my acting career developed, I was no longer cast as a radical Muslim — except at the airport
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/15/riz-ahmed-typecast-as-a-terrorist

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

The Night Of on 15:49 - Sep 16 with 1785 viewsbrydesantis

The Night Of on 15:42 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

Did anyone read yesterday's interview with Riz Ahmed? He sounds pretty sharp.

As my acting career developed, I was no longer cast as a radical Muslim — except at the airport
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/15/riz-ahmed-typecast-as-a-terrorist

I have seen a few interviews where he tackles the same issues he had to deal with after 9/11. I am glad the show touched on that a bit as well. Unfortunately it is still relevant today. Just like most other walks of life a few bad seeds ruining it for the majority of people who are hardworking honest people.

It is also similar with what Black Americans are experiencing with police brutality. Is their bad cops who are racially motivated? yes. Is there black americans who are putting police in a situation where they have to use deadly force? Yes. yet everyone is painted with the same brush on both sides.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2016 15:50]
The Night Of on 16:01 - Sep 16 with 1770 viewsTacticalR

The thing that is interesting about the Riz Ahmed interview is the parallel he draws between his ever-changing 'identity' and his acting career e.g. he used to be labelled a 'Paki' and now he's labelled a Muslim.

Air hostess clique

The Night Of on 18:01 - Sep 16 with 1705 viewsdermyqpr

It's a good watch. Almost at the end now. Is there a Series 2??
The Night Of on 22:44 - Sep 16 with 1620 viewsthame_hoops

Omar comin.....
The Night Of on 19:24 - Sep 17 with 1506 viewsGaryT

The Night Of on 18:01 - Sep 16 by dermyqpr

It's a good watch. Almost at the end now. Is there a Series 2??

If there's a 2nd series it will be like True Detective where it has nothing to do with the first series.

Really enjoyed this, can't put my finger on why but it feels like the best thing I've seen for a long time. Like most crime dramas there's always a few red herrings to throw you off track and I was especially annoyed about the step father....can't say why for fear of spoiling it for those that haven't seen it but he was a wrong 'un and....**spoiler censor**

I quite liked the ending (no spoilers) as it did highlight how many lives are changed by one event and the damage to some will never be undone (or will at the very least change their lives completely... or not in the case of scabby).
[Post edited 17 Sep 2016 19:27]
The Night Of on 14:07 - Sep 30 with 1317 viewsTacticalR

It's well made, but I was not as impressed with it as some seem to be.

Certain details are lifted from the Serial/Undisclosed podcasts, such as the denial of bail to Adnan Syed because he was deemed a flight risk to Pakistan, even though he was born in the US and had never been to Pakistan.

In the Serial/Undisclosed podcasts you also get a much clearer sense of the problems in the way the justice system and the police operate (in that case the Baltimore police), whereas the Night Of seems to fall between trying to deal with those issues plus get stuck into the prison system (that part seemed to owe quite a bit to the French film 'A Prophet').

Great performance from Michael Kenneth Williams as the Mephistophelean Freddy, king of Rikers Island.

Air hostess clique

The Night Of on 14:49 - Sep 30 with 1277 viewspeejaybee

Its based on " Criminal Justice" which is worth watching.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024