Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Sinton interview 16:52 - Dec 5 with 3129 viewsNorthernr

Brilliant this one from Ron...

Sinton on QPR goals, memories, and the trauma of his first game back - Interview 5th Dec 2017 16:50
Our latest interview from QPRnet’s Ron Norris features the club’s former winger, and current ambassador, Andy Sinton. 10

Andy Sinton interview on 22:42 - Dec 5 with 2830 viewsCiderwithRsie

What a fantastic, fantastic interview; so may great memories, and what a great bloke. "This is my club"; so glad to have him back with us.

His comments on his move and the issue of pay are interesting. Whenever we moan about greedy players (and other greedy people too) I think we forget that it's the only way they have of measuring success - it's not about the extra million, its about seeing someone lesser than you getting more reward and not putting up with it. Drives me crazy really, there ought to be abetter way.
Andy Sinton interview on 23:56 - Dec 5 with 2788 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb interview.

Think that puts an end to Thompson's nonsense, I know who I believe out of him and Sinton, so we can also treat everything else he says with caution.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andy Sinton interview on 08:53 - Dec 6 with 2648 viewsFearless

Brilliant interview - thanks

(Has similar been done with Gary Bannister?
Andy Sinton interview on 09:33 - Dec 6 with 2626 viewsNorthernr

Andy Sinton interview on 22:42 - Dec 5 by CiderwithRsie

What a fantastic, fantastic interview; so may great memories, and what a great bloke. "This is my club"; so glad to have him back with us.

His comments on his move and the issue of pay are interesting. Whenever we moan about greedy players (and other greedy people too) I think we forget that it's the only way they have of measuring success - it's not about the extra million, its about seeing someone lesser than you getting more reward and not putting up with it. Drives me crazy really, there ought to be abetter way.

I think these days it's a bit sick. I'm on £160,000 a week but some guy in my position at Man Utd is on £200,000 a week so I have to have that otherwise you're undervaluing me. How much money do you need FFS.

But back, 1992 time, I suspect a lot of the players were on just very good every day person salaries, £150k a year so it was a bigger deal.
Andy Sinton interview on 09:39 - Dec 6 with 2620 viewsrbsranger

really great interview. Reminded me that we had a pretty 'likeable' team back then...
Seeing him talk about his England days did make me sad to think of other right backs at the time that got in the squad ahead of Dave Bardsley though...
The way football is played today - Bardsley and Wilson as your wing backs would be something special
Andy Sinton interview on 11:25 - Dec 6 with 2549 viewssimmo

Close to tears. What a guy....

A credit to the club too, we're so lucky to have him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Andy Sinton interview on 11:38 - Dec 6 with 2540 viewskensalriser

Taarabt-esque, that goal at Forest. Of course, we still didn't win the game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Andy Sinton interview on 14:09 - Dec 6 with 2427 viewsrobith

Andy Sinton interview on 09:33 - Dec 6 by Northernr

I think these days it's a bit sick. I'm on £160,000 a week but some guy in my position at Man Utd is on £200,000 a week so I have to have that otherwise you're undervaluing me. How much money do you need FFS.

But back, 1992 time, I suspect a lot of the players were on just very good every day person salaries, £150k a year so it was a bigger deal.

I misread this as Clive saying he was on £160k a week and was off to have a stern chat with my boss
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Sinton interview on 14:18 - Dec 6 with 2418 viewsNorthernr

Andy Sinton interview on 14:09 - Dec 6 by robith

I misread this as Clive saying he was on £160k a week and was off to have a stern chat with my boss

I'm worth it mate.
Andy Sinton interview on 17:30 - Dec 6 with 2290 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes, I completely agree, its crazy. But what strikes me is that the thinking isn't necessarily "hey I could get another £40k a week" - like you say, what do you do with it? It's more "hang on, I'm better than that guy and I want that acknowledged."

Being better than the other guy and proving it is what sport is about so it's hard to take that mentality out of the game, but we're responding to it by giving more and more money, even though after a point the extra money is like the lupins in the Monty Python highwayman sketch.

It wouldn't matter so much except that to get the money we have to have fans priced out of games, clubs handed over to crooks and dictators, bloody Sky buggering up the schedules, and smaller clubs made uncompetitive. We have all that crap just to give a tiny number of footballers money that they not only don't need but at one level don't even want. It makes my head hurt.
Andy Sinton interview on 17:32 - Dec 6 with 2287 viewsNorthernr

Andy Sinton interview on 17:30 - Dec 6 by CiderwithRsie

Yes, I completely agree, its crazy. But what strikes me is that the thinking isn't necessarily "hey I could get another £40k a week" - like you say, what do you do with it? It's more "hang on, I'm better than that guy and I want that acknowledged."

Being better than the other guy and proving it is what sport is about so it's hard to take that mentality out of the game, but we're responding to it by giving more and more money, even though after a point the extra money is like the lupins in the Monty Python highwayman sketch.

It wouldn't matter so much except that to get the money we have to have fans priced out of games, clubs handed over to crooks and dictators, bloody Sky buggering up the schedules, and smaller clubs made uncompetitive. We have all that crap just to give a tiny number of footballers money that they not only don't need but at one level don't even want. It makes my head hurt.

I think a lot of that is agents. Agents make their money when their player moves and they get a big cut, so it's in their interests for their client to move a lo. You might be happy at your club, where you live, but you've got some parasite in your ear telling you he could get you £40k more at the other end of the country, so and so's on £40k more than ou and he's sht etc.
Andy Sinton interview on 17:47 - Dec 6 with 2270 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andy Sinton interview on 17:32 - Dec 6 by Northernr

I think a lot of that is agents. Agents make their money when their player moves and they get a big cut, so it's in their interests for their client to move a lo. You might be happy at your club, where you live, but you've got some parasite in your ear telling you he could get you £40k more at the other end of the country, so and so's on £40k more than ou and he's sht etc.

Yeah, I can see how it happens alright. My point is that the players are getting something that, after a certain point, is really just a symbol of the thing they really want, the respect and admiration for what they've achieved. Like separated dads buying big Christmas presents to make up for not being able to be there.

If only we could find a different way of giving them what they really want we could get the leaches out of the game. But I'm b*ggered if I can see how.
Andy Sinton interview on 11:45 - Dec 7 with 1946 viewsEsox_Lucius

From 2016 so we can only assume that it is way more than this now for the Sky "elite"
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/news-gossip/167129/carlos-tevezs-man-city

The grass is always greener.

Andy Sinton interview on 13:24 - Dec 7 with 1889 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yeah he also makes the point he'd just moved house nowadays someone will simply all but leave the house for others to sort as they've gone already.

Like Ronaldo when he left Man U for Madrid, he basically gave the keys to some lackey to sort everything out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024