Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs. 21:33 - Oct 16 with 10197 viewsPunteR

Or more specifically Ecstasy.
Should it be legalised?
After the recent death of a 16 year old who took the drug i've been hearing people say it should., Should there be more effort to make sure pills are cleaner and not cut with other dodgy chemicals.?
Im not sure of all the facts about how the girl died ,but is MDMA as dangerous as alcohol?

Ive got mixed feelings.
Having used drugs in the past i know the ups and downs from it. I'm also a parent of two teenagers who are at the moment against drugs.
Is giving drugs the green light and making it legal the right thing to do.?
E's have been around a long time, millions used it in the 90s but it seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Shouldn't we be more clued up by now to deal with youngsters using it?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Drugs. on 22:11 - Oct 16 with 7103 viewsDWQPR

Probably be called a boring old scroat but I cannot understand how people must have the most mundane of lives to have to artificially enhance it for a short period of time. Yes, I enjoy a decent ale or a malt whisky but mainly for the flavour and although on the rare occasion have over endulged it is still not on the same level as taking these bloody things. Maybe legalisation might be a solution but it will only mean that the scum that peddle these pills will only move onto something else for their illegal gains. Shoot the dealers and strangle the supply and maybe this could be an alternative solution.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Drugs. on 22:13 - Oct 16 with 7101 viewsqpr85

I believe it should be legalised, having used it regularly in the nougties I found it to be a better alternative than cocain and speed. If it were to be legalised there could be tests done to regulate it and make it much safer.

I also believe LSD should be legalised for the same reason. Both have great benefits to them for things such as clinical depression and other mental health issues. I know I sound like a hippy but seeing what has happened in some parts of America having legalised pot I think it would be a great leap forward and make it a lot safer and a lot less taboo.
Drugs. on 22:20 - Oct 16 with 7079 viewsLblock

I dont have kids and I'm beyond the time of life where I could use it..... old man dancing syndrome

The late, late eighties and the whole of the 90's and early 00's it was fun. Lots of fun.
Not without it's risks as with anything synthetic
Far more palatable than coke, whizz and acid.... certianly more accepted that H and Crack

If I could have my time again then I'd say legalise and control it every day of the week.
If I had kids then maybe I'd have a different view

Long term side effects? Difficult to say but the football definitely seemed to be better back then!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Drugs. on 23:09 - Oct 16 with 7004 viewskensalriser

Fan of Duterte?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Drugs. on 23:17 - Oct 16 with 6993 viewsTacticalR

When we were discussing Sicario I posted a video interview with Mexican journalist Sandra Rodríguez Nieto about the effect of the war on drugs in Ciudad Juárez. In another interview she finishes up (about 13 minutes in) with the following point: in 5 years in Juárez about 50 people died of an overdose, while about 10,000 people have been killed in the war on drugs: 'this war on drugs is pointless, wrong and a failure'

It reminded me of a documentary I saw a while ago about the marijuana farms in the north of the USA, and the only people who were ferociously opposed to legalisation were the drug dealers and the private prison owners.

Air hostess clique

Drugs. on 23:19 - Oct 16 with 6988 viewsloftboy

Am I the only fûcker who is a few months off his 50th birthday and other than copious amounts of alcohol haven't smoked or taken anything illegal?
Had a close call once where I chucked up in my sleep after a night on the piss, apparently had I been on my back I would have died but have never had any inclination to have a trip.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 23:20]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Drugs. on 23:20 - Oct 16 with 6982 viewsBoston

....over to you East End Dave.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Drugs. on 23:31 - Oct 16 with 6955 viewsbrewers_hoop

On the alcohol v drugs thing, at Euro 2000 there were 174 England fans arrested in Belgium after drinking the strong local tipple and only 5 arrests in Amsterdam where they were on the wacky baccy...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/euro2000/teams/england/790392.stm
Login to get fewer ads

Drugs. on 23:31 - Oct 16 with 6956 viewsTacticalR

Drugs. on 23:19 - Oct 16 by loftboy

Am I the only fûcker who is a few months off his 50th birthday and other than copious amounts of alcohol haven't smoked or taken anything illegal?
Had a close call once where I chucked up in my sleep after a night on the piss, apparently had I been on my back I would have died but have never had any inclination to have a trip.

I've never been able to afford a drug habit.

Air hostess clique

Drugs. on 23:48 - Oct 16 with 6928 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'm waiting for someone to say

'You need to be on drugs to watch QPR this season'
Drugs. on 23:55 - Oct 16 with 6919 viewsFredManRave

Drugs. on 23:48 - Oct 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm waiting for someone to say

'You need to be on drugs to watch QPR this season'

Who'd have thought you be the first one to say it?!

Maybe just legalise Ecstacy on match days. I wouldn't go as far as making it compulsory and it would obviously only be available to over 18's but would certainly improve the atmosphere both towards JFH, our players as well as opposing fans.

Instead of DQPR we could be EQPR.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Drugs. on 00:17 - Oct 17 with 6884 viewsStanisgod

Drugs. on 23:19 - Oct 16 by loftboy

No Loftboy your not. If you need to take drugs to enjoy yourself you have bigger problems than watching QPR.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Drugs. on 01:04 - Oct 17 with 6846 viewsBakes

Got caught doing cocaine by my dad once, he told me if he ever caught me doing it again he would rub my nose in it.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Drugs. on 01:08 - Oct 17 with 6842 viewsBoston

There, I knew you'd do justice to this thread.

Drugs. on 01:14 - Oct 17 with 6827 viewsPunteR

Drugs. on 00:17 - Oct 17 by Stanisgod

No Loftboy your not. If you need to take drugs to enjoy yourself you have bigger problems than watching QPR.

Do you drink Stan? Whats the difference between alcohols hops and barley and the coca plant?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:47 - Oct 17 with 6804 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Drugs. on 01:14 - Oct 17 by PunteR

Do you drink Stan? Whats the difference between alcohols hops and barley and the coca plant?

£200
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 5:16]
Drugs. on 02:01 - Oct 17 with 6791 viewsBoston

Drugs. on 23:55 - Oct 16 by FredManRave

Maybe just legalise Ecstacy on match days. I wouldn't go as far as making it compulsory and it would obviously only be available to over 18's but would certainly improve the atmosphere both towards JFH, our players as well as opposing fans.

Compulsory....for the playing staff?

Drugs. on 04:24 - Oct 17 with 6740 viewstimcocking

I don't think there are many more obvious issues in the world than the fact that British drug policy is utterly wrong on so many levels.
Drugs. on 05:12 - Oct 17 with 6728 viewssilky

Cannabis IMO is a lot less harmful than Alcohol in large quantities.

I don't have much of either as moderation is the key to keeping level headed and just don't have the time for it nowadays but it does boil my pi$$ when the wineo's starting hammering about the wrong doings of cannabis users and how alcohol is an accepted and legal form of drug for good reasons. Proper deluded, it's a plant the grows out of the ground for fook sake! If I met either a piss head in the street or a stoner I know who I'd prefer to engage with.

Should be legalised.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Drugs. on 07:21 - Oct 17 with 6659 viewsdistortR

Drugs. on 05:12 - Oct 17 by silky

Cannabis IMO is a lot less harmful than Alcohol in large quantities.

I don't have much of either as moderation is the key to keeping level headed and just don't have the time for it nowadays but it does boil my pi$$ when the wineo's starting hammering about the wrong doings of cannabis users and how alcohol is an accepted and legal form of drug for good reasons. Proper deluded, it's a plant the grows out of the ground for fook sake! If I met either a piss head in the street or a stoner I know who I'd prefer to engage with.

Should be legalised.

agreed. surely the definition of a drug, as in for leisure uses, is a substance that alters your mood/state of consciousness? Therefore alcohol HAS to be considered a drug?
Heard some interesting theories as to the prohibition of cannabis in america, relating to the powerful timber and pharmacutical barons.
Should add here that while i have had my, er, problems with drugs, cannabis never interested me.
Drugs. on 08:16 - Oct 17 with 6593 viewsElHoop

I'd be surprised and very disappointed if drugs like ecstasy were ever legalised. How would it work for a start? Who is going to sign off a drug like that as being fit for human consumption? If you want it legalised are you prepared to sign off the form that says that anyone can use it whenever they want and personally accept the consequences of that act? Or do you just want someone else to take that responsibility whilst you go out and enjoy yourself?
Drugs. on 08:21 - Oct 17 with 6586 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I watched a documentary on marijuana the other night...

All documentaries should be watched this way.
Drugs. on 08:38 - Oct 17 with 6558 viewsloftboy

Drugs. on 23:55 - Oct 16 by FredManRave

Trouble is if you have a dodgy pint at worse it gives you the shits, get given a dodgy tablet and it puts you 6 feet under.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Drugs. on 09:42 - Oct 17 with 6509 viewsToast_R

Cannabis I would suggest needs to be looked at again. My only argument would be, that it for many kids trying it — it is the first step on the ladder that leads to harder drugs.

I used it a lot in the late 90s and enjoyed it mainly but knocked it on the head, as by the time I reached 21 I genuinely thought I was going mad. Nothing seemed real — like I was in living in a permanent dream and the more I’d think about why I felt like this the more paranoid I was getting. I was convinced I was having heart problems and visited the GP once telling him I had chest pains and heart palpitations and generally was in a bit of a state. He listened to my heart beat told me everything sounded perfect and diagnosed me with anxiety. I stopped with the smoking and everything got better. I have on the very odd occasion since, had one when it’s been around at a mates or something — more recently while on a weekend to Amsterdam with the wife and two friends, and sure enough, the anxiety and hypochondriac feelings all reared their ugly head again. Of course, I knew what the cause of it was but still had to deal with it until the effects wore off.

I know everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to things, but I would not suggest using it based on my own experience.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 9:44]
Drugs. on 10:26 - Oct 17 with 6464 viewsGaryT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024