Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla substitution 14:40 - Jan 21 with 3041 viewsFDC

What did people think about this? Thought we weren't able to make it stick up front after he went off, as against Reading. Not sure what the reason for taking him off was, looked like he was still running about to me, didn't look to be running out of steam.
Sylla substitution on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 2860 viewsBromleyHoop

He shouldn't have been taken off against Reading but today he deserved it. Sometimes you need more than steam, he wasn't holding the ball up or winning headers and absolutely no goal threat today.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Sylla substitution on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 2831 viewsozexile

Well he didn't help his cause by trying to punch the ball in. Ridiculous booking. I can understand why he was taken off. The ref was itching to send one of ours off.
Sylla substitution on 15:00 - Jan 21 with 2757 viewsJamie

70 minutes too late.

Abysmal today. With the ball at his feet he makes Agyemang look like Xavi.
Sylla substitution on 15:03 - Jan 21 with 2736 viewsFDC

Sylla substitution on 15:00 - Jan 21 by Jamie

70 minutes too late.

Abysmal today. With the ball at his feet he makes Agyemang look like Xavi.

Agree that he lacks finesse on the ball, but think he brings something as a target man that no one else in the team can.
Sylla substitution on 15:05 - Jan 21 with 2715 views08olesen

I agree with the OP. To take him off did seem a little silly. Either leave him on and carry on the way we were, or put Washington on and start playing to feet. Playing a long ball game with Washington up front is about as useless as a chocolate teapot!!!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sylla substitution on 15:23 - Jan 21 with 2621 viewsessextaxiboy

We couldnt afford to have him sent off , we have no cover ..
Sylla substitution on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 2540 viewssmegma

Sylla substitution on 14:45 - Jan 21 by BromleyHoop

He shouldn't have been taken off against Reading but today he deserved it. Sometimes you need more than steam, he wasn't holding the ball up or winning headers and absolutely no goal threat today.

He didn't win headers??

He won most of them but was heading it to no in particular except Fulham players.
Sylla substitution on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 2507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sylla substitution on 14:45 - Jan 21 by BromleyHoop

Agree with all of this. I don't think he played well or worked hard enough today and we needed someone to hassle their back four as they were bringing the ball out with ease.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Sylla substitution on 15:51 - Jan 21 with 2500 viewsWatford_Ranger

I thought Washington improved us and it was a sensible sub. Shame we couldn't test Button more as he's dross.
Sylla substitution on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 2452 viewsTacticalR

Taking Sylla off didn't work and only put us under more pressure.

I would have taken Paweł off as he wasn't having the best of games.

Perhaps little was sticking to Sylla but nothing sticks to Washington.

Air hostess clique

Sylla substitution on 16:06 - Jan 21 with 2410 viewsFDC

Sylla substitution on 15:59 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

That's how I saw if, thought we were under much more pressure after he went off.
Sylla substitution on 16:28 - Jan 21 with 2298 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sylla is the Lemon in the old making Lemonade metaphor .

Also, isn't he our top scorer now?

I also noted the most gentlemanly exit from a field of play in the history of QPR. Hug and a handshake for Olly. Looks like Ollie's public shaming gamble paid off.
Sylla substitution on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 2248 viewsRBlock

Sylla substitution on 16:28 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sylla is the Lemon in the old making Lemonade metaphor .

Also, isn't he our top scorer now?

I also noted the most gentlemanly exit from a field of play in the history of QPR. Hug and a handshake for Olly. Looks like Ollie's public shaming gamble paid off.

This. When he went off he hugged Birch and Ollie which was brilliant to see. No sulking, reacted the best way to Ollie slating him. I thought Sylla held it up well today, would have had a goal had Ned left that header.
Sylla substitution on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 2221 viewsBasingstokeR

Might be being harsh bit think we'd have probably held on leaving Sylla on.
Sylla substitution on 16:45 - Jan 21 with 2203 viewsToast_R

Probably the right decision in the end. Washington was unlucky with his block buster shot that Button spilt but just recovered. More of that from Connor please.
Sylla substitution on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 2187 viewsBurnleyhoop

I like Sylla, but he couldn't trap a bag of cement today. Awful display, but in fairness his strength is attacking balls whipped in from the by line which he saw almost nothing of. Pawel was no where near as effective down the wing today as he was against Reading. As such, Washington was a better option for chasing their defenders down.

Got to say though, apart from the ref unable to take the damn whistle out of his gob, The Fulham players were going over a the slightest touch, especially that Cairney. Good player, faking fanny.

Great endeavour again today, but we need someone who can put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park.
Sylla substitution on 17:01 - Jan 21 with 2148 viewsbosh67

I like him but I think someone needs to take him to one side and ask if he is okay. Since the head injury he has been a bit timid in putting his head in. If they can solve that he will be fine. That said we need another striker in big time.

I thought the subs were right today. Washington caused problems with his pace and was a bit unlucky with a good shot late on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla substitution on 17:10 - Jan 21 with 2115 viewsBasingstokeR

Slightly longer legs and Washington wins us the game by getting the touch he misses on the edge of the box when the ball comes back in and Martin deflects it.
Sylla substitution on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 2092 viewsTacticalR

Sylla substitution on 17:10 - Jan 21 by BasingstokeR

Slightly longer legs and Washington wins us the game by getting the touch he misses on the edge of the box when the ball comes back in and Martin deflects it.

Having slightly longer legs...it's not really something you can teach in training.

Air hostess clique

Sylla substitution on 17:21 - Jan 21 with 2053 viewsShotKneesHoop

Poorest on the pitch today by a country mile.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sylla substitution on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 2045 viewsBasingstokeR

Sylla substitution on 17:15 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Having slightly longer legs...it's not really something you can teach in training.

He was very close. I think (probably harshly) that Sylla clears the same ball and the ball stuck even less up front after he went off.
Sylla substitution on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 2044 views1BobbyHazell

I would have liked to have kept him on.

I think Shodipo would have enjoyed the space and been very dangerous on the counters, that were sometimes just a tad ponderous and lacking cohesion, particularly in the second half when we may have been able to exploit Fulham pushing on. Surely he would have been more of a threat than Washington.

Not having a big man up front hasn't really worked all season whatever shape and style we are playing.

I don't like to call for players but we could really do with getting another one in.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 17:27]
Sylla substitution on 17:45 - Jan 21 with 1990 viewsBasingstokeR

Sylla substitution on 17:25 - Jan 21 by 1BobbyHazell

I would have liked to have kept him on.

I think Shodipo would have enjoyed the space and been very dangerous on the counters, that were sometimes just a tad ponderous and lacking cohesion, particularly in the second half when we may have been able to exploit Fulham pushing on. Surely he would have been more of a threat than Washington.

Not having a big man up front hasn't really worked all season whatever shape and style we are playing.

I don't like to call for players but we could really do with getting another one in.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 17:27]

Lua Lua on loan seems to be blocking Shodipo now possibly
Sylla substitution on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 1949 viewsJamie

Sylla substitution on 15:59 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Bit harsh on Wzwzwzwzwzwzwzwk, put himself about willingly in both directions but Furlong didn't manage to get up alongside him as he did vs Reading.
Sylla substitution on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 1948 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sylla substitution on 17:45 - Jan 21 by BasingstokeR

Lua Lua on loan seems to be blocking Shodipo now possibly

I did wonder the same today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024