Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forever R's - Peter Ramage 13:37 - Jan 25 with 2664 viewstoboboly

Thoughts?

74 appearances across four seasons.

Nice guy, met him briefly at Hampton & Richmond in pre-season our championship year.

Think my issue is what exactly is the Forever R's club for? Helping players from the past? A hall of fame? A recognition of service?

This is not a snipe at the club. I am just thinking there are others I would definitely have before him.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-the-forever-rs-club-tony-hazell-pe

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:40 - Jan 25 with 2645 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely agree with this. I was wondering how far they were going to stretch what was a very good idea, and this is further than I would have stretched it!

Looks like they are using fans' reactions to players as a major deciding point, which is fine, and he was popular, but 74 games over 4 years?
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:41 - Jan 25 with 2644 viewsenfieldargh

Gave his all eveytime

Yes if Ron Abbott then Peter Ramage definitely

loved his goal up at Knob End

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:43 - Jan 25 with 2626 viewsJeff

did a phenomenal amount off the pitch for the club and community trust - made Mother Theresa look like Donald Trump in comparison.

I thought the Forever R's club was simply a way of saying 'thanks for being a part of the club' as opposed to suggesting he's anything other than an ok right back?

Can we not knock it?

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:45 - Jan 25 with 2611 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Any chance Jamie Pollock?

'kin ledge!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 2590 viewsRBlock

There are obviously others I'd have in front of Pat but he was the consummate professional, and from what I've heard his work in the community was second to none. A great ambassodar to the club. No issues with this whatsoever.

Plus I'm sure we have others lined up, just dependent on availability ect.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:49 - Jan 25 with 2581 viewstoboboly

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:43 - Jan 25 by Jeff

did a phenomenal amount off the pitch for the club and community trust - made Mother Theresa look like Donald Trump in comparison.

I thought the Forever R's club was simply a way of saying 'thanks for being a part of the club' as opposed to suggesting he's anything other than an ok right back?

That is fine, as I say not a dig at anyone and he did put in his all but the Forever R's initially came across as a hall of fame meets vehicle for honouring club legends whom had not been appreciated since they had left.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 17:23 - Jan 25 with 2352 viewsonlyrinmoray

No problems with this at all For every Marsh Bowles Francis and Ferdinand there was a Sanderson Hazell Leach Barker Holloway Palmer Brevitt and Ready The workers should recognised as well as the icons

...............Nah forget Ready
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 18:09 - Jan 25 with 2278 viewsfrancisbowles

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:47 - Jan 25 by RBlock

There are obviously others I'd have in front of Pat but he was the consummate professional, and from what I've heard his work in the community was second to none. A great ambassodar to the club. No issues with this whatsoever.

+1
Login to get fewer ads

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 18:23 - Jan 25 with 2242 viewsMedwayR

Zesh Rehman did & I believe still does a lot of work with our community trust, just wait for the reaction if he gets selected for the Forever R's club!

Poll: Who’s better?

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 18:53 - Jan 25 with 2191 viewsjohncharles

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 13:47 - Jan 25 by RBlock

Some may have turned us down

Strong and stable my arse.

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 19:13 - Jan 25 with 2169 viewsLongsufferingR

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 18:53 - Jan 25 by johncharles

Some may have turned us down

You're right. SWP wanted high heels and a loyalty bonus, so we told him to go fk himself.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 08:25 - Jan 26 with 1917 viewsRoller

Ramage played the final 15 minutes of a match for us with torn knee ligaments. All three substitutes had already been deployed and he refused to leave the team a man short; he is exactly the sort of player that should be inducted into the Forever R's club.

Of the options you give Tobob, I'd suggest that the club is a recognition of service.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 09:37 - Jan 26 with 1850 viewsLunarJetman

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 08:25 - Jan 26 by Roller

Ramage played the final 15 minutes of a match for us with torn knee ligaments. All three substitutes had already been deployed and he refused to leave the team a man short; he is exactly the sort of player that should be inducted into the Forever R's club.

Of the options you give Tobob, I'd suggest that the club is a recognition of service.

I thought that's exactly what the club said it was. I'm sure on Twitter someone queried with the club and Ian Taylor reiterated that it wasn't just for "Legends" but for anyone that has played a part in the history of the club.

So for example, they could invite someone from Alec Stock's family in recognition of his service.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 10:40 - Jan 26 with 1796 viewsdaveB

It's not just about how good a player they were to get in the Forever R's Club but also work they did for the club off the pitch in the community etc which Ramage was superb at and really represented the club well
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 12:46 - Jan 26 with 1726 viewsYorkRanger

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 18:23 - Jan 25 by MedwayR

Zesh Rehman did & I believe still does a lot of work with our community trust, just wait for the reaction if he gets selected for the Forever R's club!

This is an interesting point and I think perhaps the one thing the club could be criticised for is not making it clear enough as to the criteria being applied to determine entry into the Forever Rs club. I've no issue with Ramage joining and from what I hear he was an excellent ambassador for the club, if not the finest player ever. Moving forward this suggests entries to Forever Rs will be a mic of great players, loyal players, ambassadorial players in equal measure - Im fine with that. If Zesg Rehman qualifies in that final category I'm fine with that, although whether everyone in Loftus Rd will grasp that on the day he is introduced to the crowd is, of course, another matter.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 21:22 - Jan 26 with 1582 viewsdaveB

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 12:46 - Jan 26 by YorkRanger

This is an interesting point and I think perhaps the one thing the club could be criticised for is not making it clear enough as to the criteria being applied to determine entry into the Forever Rs club. I've no issue with Ramage joining and from what I hear he was an excellent ambassador for the club, if not the finest player ever. Moving forward this suggests entries to Forever Rs will be a mic of great players, loyal players, ambassadorial players in equal measure - Im fine with that. If Zesg Rehman qualifies in that final category I'm fine with that, although whether everyone in Loftus Rd will grasp that on the day he is introduced to the crowd is, of course, another matter.

to be fair they did make it pretty clear at the start that it wasn't just about great players
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 21:26 - Jan 26 with 1579 viewsNorthernr

Apart from a handful of special cases - Bosingwa, SWP
And people for whom it would be ridiculous - Karl Leaburn, Fernando De Ornelas, Warren Barton, Kurt Bakholt

I don't think we should get too hung up on who's going in. Did you give your best, did you represent the club well, would it mean something to you to be welcomed back, then come on in. Ramage was a good pro, basic player who made a career for himself through hard work and dedication. Huge amount of community work, genuinely seemed to care about the club. Good egg. Hope he has a lovely day back with us on Saturday. I like the idea of having the workmanlike journemen players involved as much as the likes of Marsh, Thomas etc.

All of this said, if they ever bring Joey Barton within 50 feet of one of these invites I'm never going again. Website closed, season ticket turned in, never set foot in the place again.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 23:03 - Jan 26 with 1473 viewsPunteR

I met Ramage in my Barber's. Genuinely lovely bloke. I've no problem at all him coming back for a Forever R's day.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 10:23 - Jan 27 with 1362 viewsterryb

I posted the following on Report & received an excellent reply from Roller.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:54pm terryb said:
I can recall the look on the face of Peter Ramage when he was playing against us.

Probably wrong, but I think he was substituted & left the pitch to a standing ovation, possibly for Barnsley?

I have never seen a footballer looking so humble as Peter was! Very pleased to see his inclusion.

Reply from Roller

It was Barnsley Terry, he was on loan from Palace at the time and limped off injured with a torn thigh muscle.

Despite all the excitement of QPR recording our 8th consecutive clean sheet and Charlie Austin scoring his 5th goal in 5 matches, no one had forgotten how he had struggled on for the final 15 minutes of a match when playing for us after tearing his knee ligaments because all three substitutes had already been deployed and he refused to leave the team a man short. Ramage was clearly touched by the unexpected gesture, he seemed to briefly pause to prolong the moment before limping away down the tunnel for treatment; he is exactly the sort of player that should be inducted into the Forever R's club.

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/43459/forever-rs-hazell-ramage?page=2#ixzz
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 16:04 - Jan 27 with 1271 viewstimcocking

He never got a game for us.

Nonetheless, never did anything wrong, so why not, i don't suppose it does any harm really.
Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 20:52 - Jan 28 with 1137 viewsloftboy

Next week it's kirk Bakholt,and yes I saw him play up at main city

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Forever R's - Peter Ramage on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 1101 viewsHollowayRanger

They should do 3 ex players a game one 60's and before one 70's-90's one 2000 onwards

only 1 player I NEVER WANT TO SEE v jones

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024