Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our midfield for next season 14:11 - Mar 19 with 4506 viewsbosh67

If we can keep Morrison and Lua Lua we have a really strong and deep midfield squad ready for next season.

Right now we have...

Manning, Morrison, Goss, Luongo, Freeman, Ngbakoto (kind of a striker and midfielder), Wszolek and, Lua Lua, with Cousins, Shodipo (on loan), Petrasso, Hamalainen and Doughty all fighting for places as well. Have excluded Gladwin, again on loan, because I think he will move on.

It will be an interesting close season. We will possibly need another central defender, but we do have a few youngsters coming through, and another striker, although we do have Grego Cox back to fitness and like Washington, he has blistering pace.

So, a very strong midfield. and not too far off elsewhere. I personally think we have the basis for a very good young squad next season without much work to be done. This is a pretty good bunch, particularly the midfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our midfield for next season on 14:18 - Mar 19 with 3534 viewsWatford_Ranger

Given the other players in the group, I see little value in gambling on Morrison. He's hardly lit the place up so far has he?

He also plays in that bastard '10' role which we don't really have a place for in this system.
Our midfield for next season on 15:26 - Mar 19 with 3420 viewseghamranger

Too many I think.

Doughty and Petrasso need to move on and Gladwin is really poor.
Our midfield for next season on 16:01 - Mar 19 with 3349 viewsLazyFan

Ravel is not good enough. We should pass.
Lua Lua is out of contract I believe at the end of the season. So, we could get him on a free.

We don't need any more midfielders.

We need two more CD's to replace Caulker (who is finished) and Ned who is getting on a bit now and we should cash in on in the summer. We also need a RB to replace Perch (who should be moved on) as he's not up to it.

And we need to move JET on and buy that forward Omar Bogle from Wigan if they get relegated. As we need a back-up that can slot in for either Connor or Smith should they get injured or need a rest. Sylla is unproven for me. The Wigan guy could do either role and be cheap at £1.5M. Probably get the price down to £1m if we throw in JET and Perch (who Wigan fans like).

So, we need CD x2, RB x1 and ST x1.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Our midfield for next season on 16:24 - Mar 19 with 3320 viewsRBlock

Our midfield for next season on 14:18 - Mar 19 by Watford_Ranger

Given the other players in the group, I see little value in gambling on Morrison. He's hardly lit the place up so far has he?

He also plays in that bastard '10' role which we don't really have a place for in this system.

I'm kind of with you here. Was excited about Ravel coming, but he has shown nothing to deserve a move. Came on yesterday and played walking football. Didn't have any of that verve to him, and clearly unfit.

That being said, I like the way Holloway has moulded Freeman, who was a 10/winger, into a straight CM and it has worked wonders. IF Holloway can get Morrison fit and working hard in that position however, he could be a real asset. Not gonna happen really though is it.
Our midfield for next season on 16:41 - Mar 19 with 3280 viewsNorthernr

Given yet another last chance in football Morrison has shown an inability to even turn up on time and keep in shape.
Our midfield for next season on 16:52 - Mar 19 with 3256 viewsWadR

Really like the balance of our midfield options at the moment. The only central midfielder I'd be looking to sign in the summer would be a holding one. Luongo is a good tackler, Manning harries well and works so hard but other than Hall, we don't really have a purely destructive option. Perch maybe - but I think we'd benefit from a natural midfielder who could play the role Hall does - as cover in case Grant is injured/plays in defence.

Didn't like the Morrison signing at the time. Expensive, gratuitous and potentially undermines the squad harmony.

Lualua still has a year or two at Brighton in his contract, and although I've liked him, not sure he'd be a priority with Yeni settling and potentially Shodipo back next year.

Holding midfielder, centre back and maybe a winger would be the only signings id make if I was Ollie. Onuoha's in his best form since early in the 2013/14 season- feel like we just need a Caulker replacement to compete for the left sided CB spot with Lynch.
Our midfield for next season on 16:56 - Mar 19 with 3244 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our midfield for next season on 16:24 - Mar 19 by RBlock

I'm kind of with you here. Was excited about Ravel coming, but he has shown nothing to deserve a move. Came on yesterday and played walking football. Didn't have any of that verve to him, and clearly unfit.

That being said, I like the way Holloway has moulded Freeman, who was a 10/winger, into a straight CM and it has worked wonders. IF Holloway can get Morrison fit and working hard in that position however, he could be a real asset. Not gonna happen really though is it.

Being generous, I'd say there's a 10% chance of getting Morrison even close to where he once was. If he signs you're firstly taking a chance on a long shot and secondly taking up a spot that Manning, Freeman etc have shown they want and deserve far more. The cons hugely outweigh the pros.
Our midfield for next season on 17:01 - Mar 19 with 3228 viewswood_hoop

Our midfield for next season on 16:41 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Given yet another last chance in football Morrison has shown an inability to even turn up on time and keep in shape.

Even IH will have a limit in the time he will give him to get in the right shape, one thing Morrison will have to take on board is just how IH seems to be building quite a solid midfield and he might not just walk into a first team place like beforehand.

Morrison must realise he is in the 'last chance saloon' whether he has the the nounce to take this on board is yet to be seen, maybe the summer will be the time to tally up just where he is and an objective decision be made.

Somehow cannot see IH taking much of a gamble and unless he does impress both on and off the pitch then a bye bye to another 'he has it in him' won't be that hard to swallow.
Login to get fewer ads

Our midfield for next season on 17:32 - Mar 19 with 3183 viewsdannyblue

Perch will stick around. Ollie likes him, and he can cover the 'hall' position, although I think he's grroming goss for that too.

I think we need very little - centre back cover (since none seem to be coming through) and that's it.

Otherwise only need to buy for first team replacements if someone poaches hall or smithies and we will try and ship out caulker, gladwin, jet.

I'd let Morrison go unless he really starts training hard. He could work well in that hybrid third striker / midfielder role Ollie's had yeni, pavel and Mackie playing. Mackie's new contract should depend on fitness. While I thought signing him in the first place was a sentimental mistake he suits the way this team plays.

With kakay hamalainen lumley not looking out of place in their early games our squad is look pretty deep.
Our midfield for next season on 17:51 - Mar 19 with 3156 viewseghamranger

If your talking strikers we need to get Abraham in. He is a scum player but scoring bag fulls at Bristol city and if they stay in this league this year he is about the only player responsible.

Bloke is quality, is a Londoner and would be a great signing

On the downside he is currently a scum player and has already been nicked for no insurance.
Our midfield for next season on 18:13 - Mar 19 with 3127 viewsNorthernr

Our midfield for next season on 17:51 - Mar 19 by eghamranger

If your talking strikers we need to get Abraham in. He is a scum player but scoring bag fulls at Bristol city and if they stay in this league this year he is about the only player responsible.

On the downside he is currently a scum player and has already been nicked for no insurance.

Sam Gallagher. Perfect for our current set up and not a fcking wnkr.
Our midfield for next season on 18:38 - Mar 19 with 3072 viewsJamie

Our midfield for next season on 16:41 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Got a very influential backer in Sir Les however.
Our midfield for next season on 18:40 - Mar 19 with 3064 viewsJamie

Our midfield for next season on 17:51 - Mar 19 by eghamranger

Going out on loan to Fenerbache next season apparently, which is a strange move, although I suppose you could make the argument that a season playing infront of those crowds under that pressure to perform will either make or break him.
Our midfield for next season on 18:42 - Mar 19 with 3062 viewsWadR

Problem with Abraham will be wanted by the bottom half of the prem and all of the Championship and Chelsea have existing relationships with lots of clubs at our level, just don't think we'd appeal enough to Chelsea or Abraham.

Gallagher is a good shout.

Think with loans you have to be ahead of the game. Can't just rely on last season's success stories because bigger clubs will be in for them. Les and our scouting team need to be identifying Who is going to be the next Patrick Bamford when he was at Boro in the Champ/Alex Pritchard when he was at Brentford I the Champ/Izzy Brown/Tammy Abraham.

I thought Spurs' right winger Shashoua was impressive when I saw them against QPR u18s in Jan. Although he'll only turn 18 in July and was very slight so may be a year off a Championship loan. Kaziah Sterling is a really highly rated forward, maybe the Spurs links could help us with that.
Our midfield for next season on 19:02 - Mar 19 with 3014 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our midfield for next season on 18:38 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Got a very influential backer in Sir Les however.

Is that based on something you have seen or heard, or is it just speculative bullshit? If it's just speculative bullshit it's just damaging the club I presume you support.
Our midfield for next season on 19:57 - Mar 19 with 2923 viewsoldmisery

I also think midfield is our strongest element although I believe we could do with a box to box player who can really tackle. If Huddersfield don't get promoted, I would go for Mooy as he's not ever likely to be considered good enough to merit a place in the team at his parent club.

If we are looking at challenging for the play-offs next season, I think we need cover for Darnell at right back, a left back in case Robinson's body continues to let him down and two centre backs to replace Caulker (obviously) and Lynch (whom I don't believe is anywhere near good enough for a top six team).

In addition, we need a proven goal scorer at this level to augment our current strikers. P.S Ollie, please don't go for Ward, he was pants yesterday!
Our midfield for next season on 20:46 - Mar 19 with 2837 viewssexton

Morrison is our Ali Dia.
Our midfield for next season on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 2810 viewsbosh67

I'm going to go against the grain here but the balance of a good QPR team depends on us having a mad genius onboard and that is why I would, if I were Ollie, stick with Ravel next season and see whether he could finally settle. He is only just 24, so no age.

Technically he is better than Adel and has better awareness on a pitch. The problem is that he is just a little bit mad, and that is according to the Lazio boss. But, here is a player that has been compared to Gascoigne for sheer ability, and even Zidane has commented that he is unusually talented. He needs help, he needs fitness, he needs belief and he needs games. I don't think he is a bad lad. I don't think he would upset the squad, handled properly. If he believes that QPR is his natural and spiritual home then I think we may have a player who could win games, fully fit and at it, on his own.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our midfield for next season on 21:16 - Mar 19 with 2791 viewscaliforniahoop

Our midfield for next season on 18:13 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Sam Gallagher. Perfect for our current set up and not a fcking wnkr.

Yep
Our midfield for next season on 21:19 - Mar 19 with 2777 viewsJamie

Our midfield for next season on 19:02 - Mar 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is that based on something you have seen or heard, or is it just speculative bullshit? If it's just speculative bullshit it's just damaging the club I presume you support.

Not exactly a secret. Ferdinand has publicly spoken about how keen he's been to get Morrison back here.
Our midfield for next season on 21:29 - Mar 19 with 2757 viewscaliforniahoop

Our midfield for next season on 21:00 - Mar 19 by bosh67

I'm going to go against the grain here but the balance of a good QPR team depends on us having a mad genius onboard and that is why I would, if I were Ollie, stick with Ravel next season and see whether he could finally settle. He is only just 24, so no age.

Technically he is better than Adel and has better awareness on a pitch. The problem is that he is just a little bit mad, and that is according to the Lazio boss. But, here is a player that has been compared to Gascoigne for sheer ability, and even Zidane has commented that he is unusually talented. He needs help, he needs fitness, he needs belief and he needs games. I don't think he is a bad lad. I don't think he would upset the squad, handled properly. If he believes that QPR is his natural and spiritual home then I think we may have a player who could win games, fully fit and at it, on his own.

I think Ollie will sign Ravel, even though he was playing deep, he looks a player, a good pre season will sort his fitness out.

RB, Christie at Derby? Free, CB, plus I am still holding out hope for Caulker and a goal scorer, CW and Smith coming off the bench works for me.

If we can somehow find a goal scorer to add to this squad, we will have a good season next year, in a league that will be even harder than this season.
Our midfield for next season on 21:54 - Mar 19 with 2714 viewsRBlock

Our midfield for next season on 19:57 - Mar 19 by oldmisery

I also think midfield is our strongest element although I believe we could do with a box to box player who can really tackle. If Huddersfield don't get promoted, I would go for Mooy as he's not ever likely to be considered good enough to merit a place in the team at his parent club.

If we are looking at challenging for the play-offs next season, I think we need cover for Darnell at right back, a left back in case Robinson's body continues to let him down and two centre backs to replace Caulker (obviously) and Lynch (whom I don't believe is anywhere near good enough for a top six team).

In addition, we need a proven goal scorer at this level to augment our current strikers. P.S Ollie, please don't go for Ward, he was pants yesterday!

I'd like to think Cousins can become that box to box player. Will be like a new signing when back fit. Mooy will go to the Prem, surely. Can't see him hanging around in the championship after this season.
Our midfield for next season on 21:59 - Mar 19 with 2703 viewsRoller

There is no way that Morrison buys into the Ollie-ethic; I really don't understand why he is at the club.

I can understand parallels being drawn with Taarabt, but with players like Freeman, Wszolek, N'Gbakoto and (next season) Shodipo we are not short of flair, do we really need this hand grenade in the dressing room?
Our midfield for next season on 22:52 - Mar 19 with 2625 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our midfield for next season on 21:19 - Mar 19 by Jamie

Not exactly a secret. Ferdinand has publicly spoken about how keen he's been to get Morrison back here.

No he didn't. He said he liked the player. He also said ANY transfer at QPR would have to be signed off by the manager, so lets drop the Tyrant Les rhetoric.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 23:21]
Our midfield for next season on 00:20 - Mar 20 with 2545 viewsMyke

Don't need Morrison (or at least the current incarnation of same) or Lua, Lua. Two unnecessary signings in an otherwise excellent January window. Both very Rednappesque signings actually, but fortunately only loans. Bring Shodipo back, allow Perch, Doughty, Caulker and Gladwin to leave. So we need a right back as cover (could be tricky given Furlong's youth) and a centre half. Or maybe just a CH and use Ned as cover for Furlong. You could discuss a thousand permutations and not get a consensus, but one thing I think we can all agree on is that we have the nucleus of a very fine squad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024