Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 01:52 - Mar 17 with 3939 viewsFredManRave

Anything of any interest?! Any truth to the Stan testimonial rumours? Anything at all?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fans Forum on 07:57 - Mar 17 with 3306 viewsRangersw12

Hoos said should hopefully have a date in the next 10-14 days for the Stan game.
Fans Forum on 08:10 - Mar 17 with 3277 viewsDorse

Form the Offish: 'The water pressure in the Ellerslie Road toilets was thought to be be fixed though it now appears that it may be too high after Mrs Edna Scoggis, 83, a life-long R's fan was blasted onto the ceiling during halftime against Barnsley. Eyewitnesses claimed it was like a fire hose and whilst Mrs Scoggis was said to be 'pleased' with the resultant cleanliness, it is still felt to represent a health and safety issue. Mr Hoos apologised on behalf of the club and has promised to give the £250 he got from 'You've Been Framed' for the CCTV images to a charity of her choice'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum on 08:31 - Mar 17 with 3218 viewsJeff

Clive will try and get his write up up this afternoon - went on for 2 bloody hours, as Olly was in standard Olly raconteur mode.

very little of actual substance or saliciousness -

Warren Farm - next review is the footpath in September. we've won every legal battle to date.

Linford Christie - nothing more than they've 'considered' it as an option - i don't think we're leaving Loftus Road any time soon

Loftus Road - no, we(still) can't expand it.

Stan Bowles - we're closer than we have been on the issue. Expect a date in the next fortnight or so. Judean People's Front vs People's Front of Judea not helpful.

Caulker - wont disclose details about employment issues - being 'dealt with' internally was the vibe being given out

finances - only losing £11m isn't anything to shout about. everything much more under control, but parachute payments half again this year, so more magic to workby Hoos

Ruben interest on Loan: Q wasnt answered particularly well, but i think the point that Hoos was trying to make was that the interest was convertible to shares for Ruben - so Ruben is 'passively' getting a bigger stake in QPR every year - we're not writing him a cheque for £1m every year. offered the fans the same deal as Ruben was getting if they had the cash, which was possibly a little more adversarial than it should have been.

Smithies - is quite good apparently.

Jordan Cousins - this was anecdotal, but suggested he'd ripped his hamstring 'clean off the bone', so is probably out for the foreseeable

Scouting - Olly pointedly wouldn't give us a name, but Penrice about to join. Penrice suggested quite a few of our recent signings to Olly.

Only funny / interesting thing: Ravel - hasn't caused any trouble in '3 or 4 days' difficult to pick him when Manning runs 14K a game, and then Pavel does more than that!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 9:33]

Can we not knock it?

Fans Forum on 08:37 - Mar 17 with 3190 viewscaliforniahoop

Yes, I thought the answer to the finance questions where very defensive and antagonistic, an attempt at making sure the little man stay in his place.

The man is good for the club and is doing a great job so no arguments from me there but, you can tell he is a cock.
Fans Forum on 09:46 - Mar 17 with 3059 viewsdaveB

I watched the last hour and Holloway was in great form as ever. He told a story about getting the players running so he did a drill where they run 20 yards then stop then 40, stop then 60, 80, 100 etc then go back and do 100, 80, 60,40,20. So players get used to running in short bursts as you would in a match

It was at that point he realised a few of the players either didn't want to run or couldn't and Pavel and Manning did it so well he had to pick them. Sandro was one of those mentioned as someone not capable of running anymore. He said you don't pick players just on running but the only reason he's not playing anymore is that he can't run anymore so it's quite important especially when you want to play on the counter attack.

Well worth watching when it goes on you you tube. The standard moans about the family stand followed by standard moans about not doing enough to get more young people in the stadium was a highlight.
Fans Forum on 09:49 - Mar 17 with 3049 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 09:46 - Mar 17 by daveB

I watched the last hour and Holloway was in great form as ever. He told a story about getting the players running so he did a drill where they run 20 yards then stop then 40, stop then 60, 80, 100 etc then go back and do 100, 80, 60,40,20. So players get used to running in short bursts as you would in a match

It was at that point he realised a few of the players either didn't want to run or couldn't and Pavel and Manning did it so well he had to pick them. Sandro was one of those mentioned as someone not capable of running anymore. He said you don't pick players just on running but the only reason he's not playing anymore is that he can't run anymore so it's quite important especially when you want to play on the counter attack.

Well worth watching when it goes on you you tube. The standard moans about the family stand followed by standard moans about not doing enough to get more young people in the stadium was a highlight.

Yeh it was more of 'an audience with Ian Holloway' than a forum. I thought Hoos swatting away questions about finances with "feel free to buy the club and do a better job" was unhelpful and unnecessary.

Full report up this PM.
Fans Forum on 10:16 - Mar 17 with 2965 viewsLunarJetman

Fans Forum on 08:37 - Mar 17 by californiahoop

Yes, I thought the answer to the finance questions where very defensive and antagonistic, an attempt at making sure the little man stay in his place.

The man is good for the club and is doing a great job so no arguments from me there but, you can tell he is a cock.

Interestingly, I thought the opposite...

I thought the answer was fine (seemed to be suggesting the interest was being converted into shares and therefore not actually taking anything out of the club) but the "little man" as you call him was banging on about the deal being worse than the ABC loan and why would the board be taking considerable sums of money out of the club now.

So maybe Hoos felt that someone was criticising the club for what essentially is them not taking cash but converting to shares so there's nothing actually coming out.

We do seem to have a number of fans who appear to have the ability to get involved in a fight in front of a mirror so I wonder just how frustrated Hoos gets when nothing seems good enough for fans at times...

Maybe some clarification on this point is needed to set the record straight either way though and then we can all be clear.
Fans Forum on 10:22 - Mar 17 with 2926 viewsstevec

''offered the fans the same deal as Ruben was getting if they had the cash, which was possibly a little more adversarial than it should have been''.

Can understand sentiment among those fans attending but it made me laugh.

Let's be fair, the club are making a better fist of things than I imagined they would, shown that it's worth getting rid of duff managers when required as, however many attempts it takes, getting the right bloke in makes a huge amount of difference to the whole club. In the end, it's the people putting their money where their mouth is that make or break the club, no point pussyfooting around that.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 10:38 - Mar 17 with 2870 viewsrsonist

Relief to hear that Hoos is human after all, to be honest.
Fans Forum on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 2863 viewshopphoops

Fans Forum on 08:10 - Mar 17 by Dorse

Form the Offish: 'The water pressure in the Ellerslie Road toilets was thought to be be fixed though it now appears that it may be too high after Mrs Edna Scoggis, 83, a life-long R's fan was blasted onto the ceiling during halftime against Barnsley. Eyewitnesses claimed it was like a fire hose and whilst Mrs Scoggis was said to be 'pleased' with the resultant cleanliness, it is still felt to represent a health and safety issue. Mr Hoos apologised on behalf of the club and has promised to give the £250 he got from 'You've Been Framed' for the CCTV images to a charity of her choice'.

You've been watching the great pottery throwdown again Dorse

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Fans Forum on 12:00 - Mar 17 with 2736 viewssilky

Fans Forum on 10:38 - Mar 17 by rsonist

Relief to hear that Hoos is human after all, to be honest.

Bang on the money.

He's allowed a free pass as he has practically dragged us out of the brown stuff!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Fans Forum on 12:08 - Mar 17 with 2707 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Is Mackie still on Twitter?'

I remember when this was asked while the QPR house was falling down. Sorry if it was anybody on here who asked tout that was an unforgivable waste of a question.

Would love it if some asked if we can get an elected fan on the board.
Fans Forum on 12:21 - Mar 17 with 2660 viewsJeff

Fans Forum on 12:08 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Is Mackie still on Twitter?'

I remember when this was asked while the QPR house was falling down. Sorry if it was anybody on here who asked tout that was an unforgivable waste of a question.

Would love it if some asked if we can get an elected fan on the board.

There was a question asking 'What does Les do?' which generated groans from everyone in attendance...

Can we not knock it?

Fans Forum on 12:32 - Mar 17 with 2617 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum on 12:21 - Mar 17 by Jeff

There was a question asking 'What does Les do?' which generated groans from everyone in attendance...

Incredible that his role has been explained in several interviews with the man himself on the offish, on here, in AKUTRS and in newspapers plus at fans forums and people still ask what he does.
Fans Forum on 12:54 - Mar 17 with 2550 viewsJeff

Fans Forum on 12:32 - Mar 17 by daveB

Incredible that his role has been explained in several interviews with the man himself on the offish, on here, in AKUTRS and in newspapers plus at fans forums and people still ask what he does.

the question was asked 'on behalf of one of the facebook groups', which does explain it a bit, as from what i've seen of the facebook QPR groups, they are entirely populated by Mouth-Breathers.

Can we not knock it?

Fans Forum on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 2519 viewsmarkrtid

This is turning out to be like a Fans Friday Fans Forum Fred without anything f'in said.
Fans Forum on 13:11 - Mar 17 with 2494 viewscaliforniahoop

Fans Forum on 10:16 - Mar 17 by LunarJetman

Interestingly, I thought the opposite...

I thought the answer was fine (seemed to be suggesting the interest was being converted into shares and therefore not actually taking anything out of the club) but the "little man" as you call him was banging on about the deal being worse than the ABC loan and why would the board be taking considerable sums of money out of the club now.

So maybe Hoos felt that someone was criticising the club for what essentially is them not taking cash but converting to shares so there's nothing actually coming out.

We do seem to have a number of fans who appear to have the ability to get involved in a fight in front of a mirror so I wonder just how frustrated Hoos gets when nothing seems good enough for fans at times...

Maybe some clarification on this point is needed to set the record straight either way though and then we can all be clear.

It was the second time he replied that way to finance questions. I think the man is doing a great job, this is just an aside.
Fans Forum on 13:41 - Mar 17 with 2425 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 12:32 - Mar 17 by daveB

It shouldn't need explaining, you should just be able to open your eyes and see with them. Average age of the squad is down, wage bill has been cut by half, agents fees reduced to a mnimum from a point where we paid more than anybody else, academy has been properly staffed, two youth team players are now first team regulars after 10 years without one, the scouting set up is properly staffed with two more hires this week, players are now being sold at a profit as opposed to being given away, paid off or sitting out their deals. When was the last time we had a player melting down on social media? That used to be a weekly thing when That Cnt Barton (I'm experimenting with LBlock style nicknames now) and co were here, Les wrote the code of conduct and apart from Caulker (who we'll get rid of shortly) the behaviour of the squad has improved immeasurably.

Was I the only one awake when Hughes, Joorabchian and Fernandes spaffed £150m up the wall building the most loathsome bunch of cnts I've ever seen in Hoops? Was I the only one awake when 'Arry turned up and did exactly the same? Everybody said "we need a football man, preferably a QPR man, between the manager and the board to stop managers and Fernandes doing this' and they were right. And now it's happened. And everything is quite clearly and obviously getting better.

And yet still Mrs Fcking Plank from the Facepaint wall wants an explanation of Les Ferdinand's role.

I honestly think we should be a lot stricter about allowing these people out of the house by themselves.
Fans Forum on 14:01 - Mar 17 with 2347 viewsmarkrtid

Unisex loo's that's the answer.

Whatever happened to the roasted Chestnuts outside the ground? And that hot bird who sold hamburgers?
What are the club doing about that?

Nuffin.

Damn disgrace .
Fans Forum on 14:02 - Mar 17 with 2340 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 14:01 - Mar 17 by markrtid

Unisex loo's that's the answer.

Whatever happened to the roasted Chestnuts outside the ground? And that hot bird who sold hamburgers?
What are the club doing about that?

Nuffin.

Damn disgrace .

That hot bird still sells hamburgers, it's just 20 years of working in a burger van doesn't do a lot for your appearance.
Fans Forum on 14:24 - Mar 17 with 2251 viewsqprxtc

Fans Forum on 14:02 - Mar 17 by Northernr

That hot bird still sells hamburgers, it's just 20 years of working in a burger van doesn't do a lot for your appearance.

The old bloke used to be a sexy bird too.
Fans Forum on 16:16 - Mar 17 with 2055 viewsTW_R

Fans Forum on 13:41 - Mar 17 by Northernr

It shouldn't need explaining, you should just be able to open your eyes and see with them. Average age of the squad is down, wage bill has been cut by half, agents fees reduced to a mnimum from a point where we paid more than anybody else, academy has been properly staffed, two youth team players are now first team regulars after 10 years without one, the scouting set up is properly staffed with two more hires this week, players are now being sold at a profit as opposed to being given away, paid off or sitting out their deals. When was the last time we had a player melting down on social media? That used to be a weekly thing when That Cnt Barton (I'm experimenting with LBlock style nicknames now) and co were here, Les wrote the code of conduct and apart from Caulker (who we'll get rid of shortly) the behaviour of the squad has improved immeasurably.

Was I the only one awake when Hughes, Joorabchian and Fernandes spaffed £150m up the wall building the most loathsome bunch of cnts I've ever seen in Hoops? Was I the only one awake when 'Arry turned up and did exactly the same? Everybody said "we need a football man, preferably a QPR man, between the manager and the board to stop managers and Fernandes doing this' and they were right. And now it's happened. And everything is quite clearly and obviously getting better.

And yet still Mrs Fcking Plank from the Facepaint wall wants an explanation of Les Ferdinand's role.

I honestly think we should be a lot stricter about allowing these people out of the house by themselves.

Other than that, what has Les ever done for us! :-)
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Mar 17 with 1997 viewsDorse

Fans Forum on 16:16 - Mar 17 by TW_R

Other than that, what has Les ever done for us! :-)

[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 16:34]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum on 16:48 - Mar 17 with 1954 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

20 years of eating them hasn't done me any favours either .
Fans Forum on 17:48 - Mar 17 with 1875 viewsmarkrtid

My appearance is fine.
20 years is nothing when you don't need to look at the mantelpiece when poking the fire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024