Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report 12:09 - May 1 with 3150 viewsNorthernr

Was hoping that by leaving this until Monday I'd be a bit less grumpy. Hasn't worked.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45601
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 12:54 - May 1 with 3056 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks, Clive.

This season left me feeling tired and bitter, too.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 13:32 - May 1 with 3000 viewscoolranger

Thanks Clive,

Pretty good angst ridden summation. I wonder how many will be bothered to come back next season. I hadn't been to a game for a while having moved out of London over a year ago. I thought this 'Cup Final' was a good opportunity to check in on things.

Found the whole afternoon underwhelming. Home crowd was flat. Rangers were ordinary. Forest slightly worse. Thirteen years ago I was at Hillsborough where a Holloway side gained promotion amid delirious scenes among a 7,000 travelling support. On Saturday a Holloway side survived and most of the crowd went home before the players came out. A great big circle.

My big question is this ... where do Rangers go from here? I assume until we are taken over by a mega-wealthy consortium from abroad, Rangers must simply aim to become a top ten Championship side capable of flirting with promotion via a Play-Off spot.

I'd be happy watching a young, hungry, committed side of players who want to achieve things at the club and who entertain while they're at it.

We need a few better players. We need more leaders. We need more grit and more flair. We need to change the culture of the club, which is the hardest thing to do.

What we probably need most of all is that Consortium to come in and transform the club.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 14:27 - May 1 with 2891 viewsDejR_vu

The trick is to have very low expectations. This lot still anger and frustrate, but it doesn't feel quite so bad when you're expecting it and are prepared. Also makes the highs far more enjoyable when they occasionally come around.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 14:33]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 14:52 - May 1 with 2847 viewsDannytheR

Wouldn't argue with any of that. Still, at least we're not being managed by Mark Warburton.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 15:38 - May 1 with 2755 viewskensalriser

Aren't we already owned by a mega-consortium from abroad?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 15:45 - May 1 with 2735 viewswestberksr

Thanks Clive

made my decision not to go & rush back for a gig all the wiser. Its been bloody hard work this season and now I'm not supposed to be renewing my Dad's season ticket due to his poor health; but I can't let him sign off with that total shit for his last ever season!

gonna have to make the old git suffer for a bit longer seeing as I'm going to!

why Holloway cannot just pick the best 11 and go out and play to our strengths I'll never know. like you said; its hardly a league of brilliant sides.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 16:52 - May 1 with 2603 viewsbosh67

Firstly, thanks for another outstanding season of coverage on this site. Top job.

Excellent piece. So I see you are not a fan of Smith playing entire games with his back to goal, taking balls out the stars with ice on them and only being fed by other high balls behind him and only from the right - and never from the leftt? I don't get it, what's not to love and admire about that tactic? The idea of two wingers punching balls into the area for strikers to run on to and score from is just so old hat. Matt Smith is good at running onto a chance and heading it in, but I think it is wise to explore the idea of him 35 yards out being hauled to the ground trying to trap a meteorite on this head for, I don't know, perhaps another two seasons, It is the obvious way forward. Then he can get demoralised and become a boo boy and, as we all know, that is character building. We can take a potential 15 goal a season man and make him a 6-7 goal a season man and break him in the process. Tis the QPR way!
[Post edited 1 May 2017 16:53]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 17:05 - May 1 with 2578 viewsDWQPR

Well done Clive for providing some much needed black humour to an abysmal season, and to think that after two games we thought that we had the squad and the manager! You saw Saturday much as I saw it and probably the whole season. I've given up on this one now, given my Norwich ticket away and decided to head down to Lords for England v Ireland weather permitting. Hopefully a long hot summer of cricket will help recharge my batteries and my enthusiasm for next season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 21:03 - May 1 with 2207 viewsCheshireR

Another great write up Clive.
It's been a hard slog watching this year so many thanks for decorating the season with your observations and humour.
Enjoy some Rugby League for the next couple of months.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 09:32 - May 2 with 1838 viewswrinklyhoop

Thanks for a brilliant season on the page Clive if not on the field. Easy to see how you might be losing the will to live, having to write about what we witnessed this season, but you battled on to the end
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 10:25 - May 2 with 1785 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 13:32 - May 1 by coolranger

Thanks Clive,

Pretty good angst ridden summation. I wonder how many will be bothered to come back next season. I hadn't been to a game for a while having moved out of London over a year ago. I thought this 'Cup Final' was a good opportunity to check in on things.

Found the whole afternoon underwhelming. Home crowd was flat. Rangers were ordinary. Forest slightly worse. Thirteen years ago I was at Hillsborough where a Holloway side gained promotion amid delirious scenes among a 7,000 travelling support. On Saturday a Holloway side survived and most of the crowd went home before the players came out. A great big circle.

My big question is this ... where do Rangers go from here? I assume until we are taken over by a mega-wealthy consortium from abroad, Rangers must simply aim to become a top ten Championship side capable of flirting with promotion via a Play-Off spot.

I'd be happy watching a young, hungry, committed side of players who want to achieve things at the club and who entertain while they're at it.

We need a few better players. We need more leaders. We need more grit and more flair. We need to change the culture of the club, which is the hardest thing to do.

What we probably need most of all is that Consortium to come in and transform the club.

Blackburn, Orient, Leeds, Birmingham etc have certainly been "transformed" - be careful, very careful what you wish for.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 10:50 - May 2 with 1751 viewsNorthernr

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 10:25 - May 2 by PinnerPaul

Blackburn, Orient, Leeds, Birmingham etc have certainly been "transformed" - be careful, very careful what you wish for.

Yeh that's the last thing we need. As dopey as Fernandes has been I don't think he's malicious.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 11:44 - May 2 with 1706 views1MoreBrightonR

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 10:50 - May 2 by Northernr

Yeh that's the last thing we need. As dopey as Fernandes has been I don't think he's malicious.

Thanks for everything this season Clive
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 12:10 - May 2 with 1666 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 10:50 - May 2 by Northernr

Should have added, thanks for all the reports this season.

Didn't agree with tone of Saturday's report, but still enjoyed reading all the match reports - easily the most informative of any that are around.

Have a good summer, I will spend it reading up on yet more law changes for 17/18!

Cheers
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 12:50 - May 2 with 1607 viewsnadera78

Good report, as usual, and summed up the general air of disillusionment around the club.

Personally, I'm going to be taking a break from QPR for a while. The combined BS of the past decade has now reached the point where I'm left completely cold by watching us play. I don't even get angry or upset anymore, I'm well past that, I have emotionally checked out. So - unless something absolutely astonishing happens in the next month - I won't be renewing my season ticket. There are, apparently, other things to do in life so I'll give some of them a shot instead.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 14:13 - May 2 with 1521 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, thanks for all the great reporting Clive. I always look forward to these reports whether I am at the game or not and they always seem very well balanced and there is always a sarcastic snippet to enjoy as well.
QPR finally safe after hollow Forest victory - Report on 21:18 - May 2 with 1319 viewsdaveB

Good report as ever, I thought the game nicely summed up our season.

Bright start but quickly went wrong and looked dreadful for long spells. Then a bright spell of promise and hope where it looked like we'd cracked it before several unnecessary changes and relying on Smithies and the ineptitude of Forest to bail us out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024