Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2017-18 season and our midfield 11:08 - Apr 23 with 568 viewsbosh67

One thing that has depressed me is that we have a real wealth of young talent in the midfield, most of which is being bypassed by our current tactics.

We have Manning, Luongo, Goss, Freeman, Wszołek, Petrasso, Shodipo, *Hall, Cousins, Hämäläinen, possibly Lua Lua, Doughty and Morrison, with Mitchell coming through.

In Manning, Luongo, Goss, Freeman, Wszołek, Petrasso, Shodipo, *Hall, Cousins, Hämäläinen we have ten players who can create and break up play. It is a very strong set of players at this level. If we keep Lua Lua we strengthen that again.

Surely the plan should be to create a style of play that focuses on a strong midfield and that actually finds a way to have a playing style that allows that talent to create with directness and width.

We have players like Washington, Sylla and Yeni, all of which have great pace. Yet we seldom see them able to exploit that behind defences. In Washington we have the fastest player at the club since Fereday. With a sharper defence behind them, with more width and players who can get behind the opposition and on top of it from crosses, for me this is the area that needs to be the centre of the focus for finally finding a playing style.

Despite our current form and position we do genuinely have a decent set of players being bypassed in midfield. That has to change... surely?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

2017-18 season and our midfield on 11:34 - Apr 23 with 513 viewsLblock

For all that you say and list there we are missing a tough midfield destroyer and have been for years.
Apart from Manning and Freeman I'm not sure I'd want the others in a battle
(Ignoring Hall as he's a CB for me)

I'd also seriously question Goss being quality based on what I've seen to date. First impression of him is he's weak as

It stretches further back though. Our defence doesn't give the midfield the strongest ground to play on does it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2017-18 season and our midfield on 11:36 - Apr 23 with 509 viewsLongsufferingR

I kept thinking throughout yesterday's game how important Hall has become to us in his defensive midfield role. Really hope he's back next week.
2017-18 season and our midfield on 11:42 - Apr 23 with 495 viewsRangersw12

Defence is the problem for me

Perch and Lynch yesterday were terrible. We need at least 2 centre backs and a right back as a priority.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024