Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The answer is 4-2-3-1 14:16 - Apr 24 with 4164 viewsPetros

Smithies

new def, new def, new def. new def.

Hall Manning

Wszolek Freeman Washington

Smith

Stability.fluidity. Pace, craft. And a new defence. (Though prepared to hear arguments for Onuoha, Furlong).

Presto.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:26 - Apr 24 with 3556 viewssimmo

If that's the answer I would ignore the question.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:38 - Apr 24 with 3534 viewsToast_R

Anyone watch the "year to the day" video the club put out yesterday on Social Media?
Cardiff 2 - 2 QPR from 2011. Nearly brought a tear to my eye.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 3521 viewsFDC

4-2-3-1 provides a lot more support to the defense. If we go back down this route (which I'm all for) we'd suddenly be saying how solid the CBs look again.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:46 - Apr 24 with 3511 viewspaulparker

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:38 - Apr 24 by Toast_R

Anyone watch the "year to the day" video the club put out yesterday on Social Media?
Cardiff 2 - 2 QPR from 2011. Nearly brought a tear to my eye.

We are a million miles a way from that team , which just goes to show what an absolute
pigs ear TF has made of running this club since he took over which was only a few months after that
as for the OP I share his sentiment about a new defence , formations, pace etc but ive actually got to the point where I don't really care anymore , if we don't go down this year it will be next , we really are a laughing stock

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:47 - Apr 24 with 3511 viewsJamesB1979

4 more signings then. Why don't we try coaching the back 4? Make them organized. Maybe get a full back in but 4 seems over the top.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:57 - Apr 24 with 3474 viewsfrancisbowles

Think we could make a go of it with Furlong and Ned but Lynch and Bidwell should be back up at best.

Smith isn't mobile enough to play the lone striker as well as favouring flick ons rather than hold and lay and Sylla hasn't shown enough strength to fulfil the role either. Washington has looked lost in the role as well. So we need a decent front man but who doesn't. Sylla may be the best we have got for the role.

I would also want to include Luongo as centre mid and move Freeman left.

It then might work if Freeman and Wsolek could get forward enough to support the striker.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 3463 viewsPetros

Yes I was in a bad mood. But I really don't like Lynch or Bidwell. We can haggle over the others. the key is sticking Hall in front of them.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:04 - Apr 24 with 3447 viewsisawqpratwcity

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 14:46 - Apr 24 by paulparker

We are a million miles a way from that team , which just goes to show what an absolute
pigs ear TF has made of running this club since he took over which was only a few months after that
as for the OP I share his sentiment about a new defence , formations, pace etc but ive actually got to the point where I don't really care anymore , if we don't go down this year it will be next , we really are a laughing stock

Why blame it all on Fernandes?

Look who Warnock ran out to buy: Joey Barton, Luke Young, Armand Traore, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand.

Oh, and that was after already bringing in Jay Bothroyd, Kieron Dyer, Danny Gabbidon, DJ Campbell and Brian Murphy.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 15:07]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:11 - Apr 24 with 3425 viewsWadR

I too like 4231, but think like others have said the issues of our defence are as much to do with lack of protection and poor coaching as it is the quality of the individuals.

Smithies

Furlong Onuoha Hall Robinson

New DM Luongo

Wszolek Freeman Yeni/Shodipo/New Winger

New ST

Don't think any of our current strikers are particularly suited to the formation or are good enough to be starting strikers for a club with the hope of being a top half club. Washington should not be played on the left wing, it wastes his good traits and exposes his lack of defensive footballing intelligence. For all Holloway's talk of Shodipo needing to learn the defensive side of the game, Wash is as bad - doesn't know where to position himself out of possession and for all his endeavour - I'd much rather see a natural winger out there.

Furlong I think has shown enough to demonstrate he can potentially be a good fullback at this level. He's only 21, played reasonably well whenever I've seen him this year and clearly has a maturity beyond his years.

Onuoha and Hall kept pretty regular clean sheets as a partnership last season, with a new natural defensive midfielder protecting them and consistent selection, I sincerely believe they could again. I'd like to see a new CB signed to compete with them though.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 15:12]
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 3406 viewsrobith

I think Bidwell is a perfectly fine player who has been decent enough for most of the year, and is having a rotten finish, which of course means he is now the single worst player to have ever played any sport ever
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:23 - Apr 24 with 3382 viewssimmo

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:15 - Apr 24 by robith

I think Bidwell is a perfectly fine player who has been decent enough for most of the year, and is having a rotten finish, which of course means he is now the single worst player to have ever played any sport ever

This, but also he has been picked in about 4 different systems with little to no support ahead of him.

Put Bidwell in a flat back 4 with the onus on the defending & put a winger in front of him that will actually support him - you'll find he's more than good enough to play for QPR.

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:26 - Apr 24 with 3371 viewsvegasranger

I read that Bidwell is earning three times the money he earned at Brentford. So much for learning from our mistakes !!
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:34 - Apr 24 with 3353 viewspaulparker

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:15 - Apr 24 by robith

Bidwell was shocking at the start of year , he has had about 10 above average games for us in the whole of the season , if he is a left back than im a Dutchman

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:37 - Apr 24 with 3345 viewsRANGERS4EVER

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:26 - Apr 24 by vegasranger

I read that Bidwell is earning three times the money he earned at Brentford. So much for learning from our mistakes !!

We can't have a go at the board literally every time someone comes in with a bigger wage than previous. That is literally how business works. 99% of people when moving job will want a wage rise. And also if you say that at least state how much he was originally on? Brentford arent the richest of clubs. I'm sure Bidwells wage will be within our limit. I get the point you are trying to make but it's unfair to lhave a go at that without real facts.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:43 - Apr 24 with 3325 viewssimmo

'You read'? From where exactly?

If he wasn't in our wage structure, he wouldn't have been signed.

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:47 - Apr 24 with 3319 viewsNorthernr

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:43 - Apr 24 by simmo

'You read'? From where exactly?

If he wasn't in our wage structure, he wouldn't have been signed.

Your mate the Brentford fan was touting this around last week, all the Brentford fans reckon Bidwell is on x3/4/5/6 what he was on there. It's one of those things that might be true, probably isn't, certainly exaggerated, that's just going to get repeated until it becomes a fact.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:02 - Apr 24 with 3282 viewssexton

Bidwell was a solid, unspectacular, but perfectly fine defender at Brentford for several seasons. Some fans got over-excited when we signed him, perhaps because he was their captain (albeit a silent one in the Ned mode) and anticipated another Rowlands or Sinton. Yes he has disappointed, but moving from Brentford's stability to our madhouse can't have been much help to him.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:08 - Apr 24 with 3264 viewsrobith

Well, I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.

I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

I hear everybody that you know

is more relevant

than everybody that I know.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:17 - Apr 24 with 3234 viewsFDC

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:08 - Apr 24 by robith

Well, I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.

I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

I hear everybody that you know

is more relevant

than everybody that I know.

I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

But I'm losing my edge to better-looking people with better ideas and more talent.
And they're actually really, really nice.

You don't know what you really want.
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:19 - Apr 24 with 3225 viewsFDC

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:17 - Apr 24 by FDC

I played it at CBGB's.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

But I'm losing my edge to better-looking people with better ideas and more talent.

(In an ironic twist, I was the first person out of anyone I knew to own that on vinyl, before anyone had heard of LCD Sound System. I was there)

[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:21]
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:32 - Apr 24 with 3176 viewsrobith

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:17 - Apr 24 by FDC

I played it at CBGB's.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

And little jackets

And borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered 80s
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:44 - Apr 24 with 3134 viewsrobith

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 16:19 - Apr 24 by FDC

(In an ironic twist, I was the first person out of anyone I knew to own that on vinyl, before anyone had heard of LCD Sound System. I was there)

[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:21]

Yes, I too was on board miraculously early as I saw them at Reading as the stages were running 30 minutes behind and I went to see !!! purely cos I thought their name was bants.

I only saw LCD's final song - Yeah. The internet was still in its fledgling state and I lost my programme so I kept going into HMV and MVC and being like "So it's this song where the guy just goes Yeah for 8 minutes then there's electro breakdown like e-e,e-e-e-e?" Took me ages to find out it was them
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 22:03 - Apr 24 with 2903 viewsdaveB

Wasn't Hasselbaink slated on here for playing 4-2-3-1?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 22:03]
The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:29 - Apr 25 with 2725 viewsDorse

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 22:03 - Apr 24 by daveB

Wasn't Hasselbaink slated on here for playing 4-2-3-1?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 22:03]

You're thinking of the old 4-2-3-1. This is a totally different 4-2-3-1. This 4-2-3-1 is much better.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The answer is 4-2-3-1 on 15:42 - Apr 25 with 2710 viewsFDC

4-2-3-1 definitely fell out of fashion on here during JFH's reign. A few argued that it wasn't attacking enough because of the single striker.

I actually think it's a good 'all rounder': you've got two deep midfielders protecting your CBs, you've got three attacking midfielders playing off the striker so needn't be defensive at all (see our purple patch with Magilton), and you've got width too.

As with all formations, it's how they're executed really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024